Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through February 28, 2017

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Creation-energy Teaching » Thinking And Thoughts » Archive through February 28, 2017 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Corey

Post Number: 65
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 05:45 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Andrew_hua and Msmichelle, this was a great converation, and I really enjoyed the breakdown of the yin and yang (two opposite energies that form a oneness) energies of chaos and organization. :-)
Salome/Corey Müske

Joseph_emmanuel

Post Number: 125
Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 05:35 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What happens to evil-minded individuals when they die? How does their crime affect them if they are not punished for it? I sometimes think that people who commit crimes and live their lives selfishly know something the rest of us don't. Why shouldn't I make myself infamous? What have I got to lose if I have nothing in the world? I may have to suffer the consequences if I am caught, but the spirit within me won't go to Hell when I die because there's no such thing. The only punishment I have to fear is in the world? But what if I don't care about that? What if I hate this world that I live in? What spiritual consequence will I (or more correctly, the next human life into which the spirit within me will incarnate) have to live with? How do acts of crime affect us spiritually? And why should I care if ultimately the spirit evolves, however long it takes?

Kenneth

Post Number: 562
Posted on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 06:33 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A quick question; I understand that the Plejaren are very precise with their language and pronunciation of words. There are numerous articles and also in various blogs that some folks use the word Saalome and others use Salome? Is there a difference with the meaning in the spelling?

For instance, Saalome is used in the meditation phrase, "Saalome gam naan ben uurda gan njjber asaala hesporoona!"

When ending a note, letter or blog, Salome is often used.

Sincerely
Kenneth

Corey

Post Number: 73
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 12:34 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kenneth,

I don't think Billy ever said which of the 7 Old Lyran dialects the "Saalome" peace meditation sentence stems from, but since it is Old Lyran, the sentences true spelling would not be like it is spelled here: "Saalome gam naan ben uurda gan njjber asaala hesporoona!", it would be spelled using special characters like this:

Which is an 8,000 year old Old Lyran document that predicted Billy's 7-fold prophet lineage, that Billy was sent a photograph of.

PS: according to the deceased Guido, most of the Earth's languages are actually descended from the 7 Old Lyran dialects that were once active on Earth.
Salome/Corey Müske

Patm

Post Number: 417
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 12:51 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kenneth,

The actual Old Lyran word for Peace is Salome
The pronunciation of the word is Saalome
both mean the same, i.e. Peace

Lyran: Salome gam nan ben - Urda gan njber asala hesporona!
pronunciation: Saalome gam naan ben uurda gan njjber asaala hesporoona!
English: Peace be on the Earth, and among all created creations!
German: Friede sei auf der Erde, und unter allen Geschöpfen!

as explained below:

my translation from Billy's book 'Introduction into the Meditation (Einführung in die Meditation) page 105

The decisive sentence for the Peace Meditation reads as follows:
Der fur die Friedensmeditation massgebende Satz lautet folgendermassen:

Salome gam nan ben Urda - gan njber asala Hesporona.

Christian Frehner's translation from an article about the Peace Meditation:

A very important point for the success of the peace meditation is based on the proper intonation and pronunciation of the sentence to avoid emphasizing the wrong syllables.
Sehr wichtig für das Funktionieren der Friedensmeditation ist es auch, dass der Spruch richtig betont und ausgesprochen wird, dass also nicht die falschen Silben betont werden.

The vowels in the following meditation sentence - "Saalome gam naan ben uurda, gan njjber asaala hesporoona!" are pronounced in English phonetics as follows: Saalome (aa=father) gum naan (aa=father) ben uurda (uu=crew,moo) gun neeber asaala (aa=father) hesporona (o = tone, go).

The sentence is spoken in this way:
“Saalome gam naan ben uurda gan njjber asaala hesporoona!” The double vowels are stretched.
Der Satz wird auf diese Art gesprochen:
"Saalome gam naan ben uurda, gan njjber asaala hesporoona!" Die Doppelvokale werden gedehnt ausgesprochen.

The meditation sentence is composed of words from the Lyran language, a language previously spoken on Earth 289,000 years ago and then again 13,500 years ago by the ancient Lyra-Vega descendants when the extraterrestrials inhabited this planet for a short period. By speaking and thinking this sentence in unison as a group, certain impulses are released from the storage banks. These records envelop the Earth and every thought and other impulse generated by all humans who have ever lived, currently living or will live on this planet in the future, are stored therein. Through the accumulation of stored unconscious impulses within every meditator, and because of the intensity they generate (after all, more than 3.5 thousand-million extraterrestrials participate in the peace meditation as well). negative force fields are covered up and increasingly neutralized.
Der Meditationsspruch ist in lyranischer Sprache verfasst, einer Sprache also, die vor 13 500 und vor 289 000 Jahren von den alten Lyra-Wega-Abkömmlingen gesprochen wurde, als diese eine zeitlang auf der Erde lebten. Durch das gemeinsame Aussprechen (und Denken!) dieses Spruches werden in den Speicherbänken (der sogenannten Akasha Chronik), die die Erde umhüllen und die sämtliche Gedankenimpulse usw. aller Menschen gespeichert halten, die jemals auf der Erde gelebt haben, leben und noch leben werden, gewisse Impulse freigesetzt, die einerseits in den einzelnen Meditierenden wiederum unbewusste Impulse freisetzen, und die andererseits durch ihre Intensität (es beteiligen sich ja mehr als 3,5 Milliarden Ausserirdische an der Friedensmeditation; siehe Bericht weiter unten) negative Kraftfelder überlagern und zunehmend neutralisieren.

The correct pronunciation by Simone H. Rickauer is demonstrated here:
http://www.figu.org/ch/audio/play/695

Christian's translation above did not actually contain the original Lyran text only an explanation of how to pronounce it. From that I think many people actually thought that his pronunciation spelling was the actual original Lyran text and so started using that...
So if my understanding is correct "Saalome" should actually be "Salome".

Hope this helps

Salome,
PatM

Corey

Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 01:21 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kenneth, I had to look it up, the 7 Old Lyran dialects that many Earth languages descend from:

1) Westan (all African languages descended from Westan dialect)
2) Trjdjn
3) Arjn (the Plejaren still speak this dialect, and this is the dialect Germanic, indo-Germanic, and other languages such as Latin & Celtic are descended from this Arjn dialect)
4) Hebrjn
5) Kjdan (the Chinese and Japanese languages are descended from this Kjdan dialect)
6) Bamar
7) Suman
-----
page 19 of "And still they fly" copyright held by the late and great Guido Moosbrugger. If you own the book, page 18 has a copy of the Plejaren alphabet.
Salome/Corey Müske

Tyler_rutland

Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 05:45 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's talk about it, Joseph. If we apply what we've learned through the spirit teaching so far, then we should be able to discern a logical reason for why we shouldn't lead an infamous life.

Kenneth

Post Number: 564
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 09:45 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Corey, Patm,

That was very helpful; couldn’t ask for a better response to my question. Thank you very much.

Salome
Kenneth

Tat_tvam_asi

Post Number: 554
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 08:28 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Joseph,

“What happens to evil-minded individuals when they die? How does their crime affect them if they are not punished for it?”

You raise a very valid question.

According to the spirit teaching there is no karmic effect carried over to a person's next life:
All humans, even those that committed a crime and were not punished in their past life, are born with a “clean sheet”.

My answer to your question would be:
Although there is no karmic carry over the person you mentioned would have still have to evolve, so sooner or later he/she would have to prove that he/she does not fall for further crimes...

I had a similar thought to yours *) when I questioned the fate of people abandoned on our planet (e.g. prisoners or those that were unfortunate to die here (e.g. the ones left behind after the Pelegon wars):
The Ps tell us that these people became savages very quickly

The Plejaren state that to evolve human beings should devote our life to gain knowledge, wisdom and explore the law of nature.
They and Billy mention as well that all human beings are prone to make mistakes on their way to wisdom. Petale and Billy tell us that it is not punishment but learning from mistakes that are most important.

Thus the Plejaren Mission teaches mankind again the universal truth that it lost through its abandonment. , does it not want to

But they would never discuss compassion.**)

Yet, a person who lives on and cannot leave this planet, who sees the turmoil and crude violation of human dignity, who witnesses the inequalities into which many people are born and their suffering - a person who knows of Petale’s directive to think with equalisedness and deference for all beings – would such a person not be naturally drawn to balance his efforts re. self development with a compassion for all beings?

Salome,

Bill

*)
Details see http://forum.figu.org/us/messages/13/15104.html#POST80121

**)
We mentioned that Greek and Roman literature – inspired by the Atlantean scripts from the Lib. Of Alexandria – did not value much compassion, either.

Nietzsche even ridiculed compassion:
For him compassion was mere pity and those employing it were treating others with contempt.

But many great thinkers (e.g. Buddha, Confucius, Lao tse, Einstein, Schopenhauer etc.) valued a compassionate mind set as expressed e.g in Gandhi's words:
“…(If I have to be reborn) I should be born as an untouchable, so that I may share their sorrows, sufferings, and their affronts, so that I may endeavour to free myself and them from that miserable condition …”
http://www.mkgandhi.org/momgandhi/chap20.htm

As for Nietzsche who relished in the ancient Roman and Greek gods who "loved" warfare to solve their problems:
His belief in a “master race” was it not the trigger for many killings …?

Cpl

Post Number: 873
Posted on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 11:01 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Joseph,

No one here seems, if I have seen all the relevant posts, to be mentioning the key to all of this: consciousness.
Your question accurately enquires of what happens to "evil minded people."

As I see it, the acts, the physics or physical, are dropped, but do not forget that the newly "constructed" (for want of a better word) core consciousness is incarnated into the new personality. Our evolution is about the evolution of our consciousness as well as the spirit. It is our consciousness that requires daily efforts to improve and further evolve. Any evil minded or criminal being not intent on changing or evolving onwards evinces a primitive, and degenerate consciousness. This is their level of consciousness, and it is my understanding that that level of consciousness will again be coming up into the mind of the new personality to deal with.

This is one reason why the death penalty is wrong; it destroys the ability of the consciousness to learn the error of its way or ways. The unevolved consciousness then has to come to terms with its primitive or degenerate nature in a future incarnation and new personality. It is the consciousness behind the crimes that are the problem for the instigator (in addition to the obvious legal ramifications born of breaking laws), and one way or another, one lifetime or another that consciousness must sort it all out and move on.

Billy has mentioned how those with a religious consciousness, for example, will have to come back to work through those religious delusions in order to move/evolve on.

It is obviously the same for degenerate thinkers and doers. We cannot escape the need for consciousness evolution. Where we are at is where we are at, and while we all need to improve, those who allow their consciousness to be polluted with evil minded thoughts and actions will face similar challenges in consciousness in a future life. They are not judged on them. They will just have to sort it out for themselves in consciousness (or fall for the same errors again) so they can move onwards in their evolution.
Consciousness here means just that; the consciousness, not any specific thoughts or actions, but what consciousness impulses are behind those thoughts and actions.
Chris

Use to the full both the heart and head and never lose either.

Votan

Post Number: 690
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 03:42 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bill

I still question why we are here. To me it does not make sense all this reincarnation . You live , you die and live again.

Why would creation if it is so pure do that. Just because we are told, do we have to believe it.
joe

Tyler_rutland

Post Number: 74
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 06:20 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys are hopeless..

Joseph_emmanuel

Post Number: 130
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 02:54 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cpl (Chris)

Yes, it is to one's consciousness and spirit that I refer concerning the criminal behaviour of evil-minded people. But I am still not convinced that it is reason enough to act responsibly. It is clear that it is up to humans in the world to punish criminals for their crimes, whatever such punishment might entail, or they escape confronting themselves, such as in the case of Hitler, who's spirit is likely to be currently incarnated in the world within an individual who must work through his confused thinking and hopefully not make the same or similar mistakes. Aren't his circumstances at least deplorable? Or has this individual been fortunate enough to be born in the lap of luxury? I don't expect you to answer this for the obvious reason that you don't know. No one knows into what circumstances the spirit that was within Hitler has been incarnated? But surely there is cause and effect even in consciousness? And surely, therefore, there are repercussions with which one's personality and psyche must contend?

You said: "Any evil minded or criminal being not intent on changing or evolving onwards evinces a primitive, and degenerate consciousness." But good and evil go hand in hand, and one can be intent on evolving while also committing evil. The Plejarans have a long history of barbaric JHWHs, demigods, leaders and scientists who, though highly evolved, still committed evil. Arus being one among them, who allowed humans to venerate him above Creation. By giving this example, I merely wish to show that humans will evolve in consciousness and in spirit in spite of our actions. One day in the distant future we will have evolved significantly and yet we will still commit evil because that is what it means to be human until we have evolved to such a point that we no longer need the physical body.

So my question still stands: Why shouldn't I make myself infamous? Why should I care about the next incarnation to which I will not be related, merely connected by the same spirit form? What is this spirit form to me but an indifferent actor who will eventually take on another role and have nothing more to do with me?

Joseph_emmanuel

Post Number: 131
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 03:01 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Votan,

Creation necessitates life, death and reincarnation because like all living things it likes to dream.

Corey

Post Number: 76
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 06:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tat_tvam_asi (Bill) although it is not exactly the same as the characteristic of "compassion", however "love" is thoroughly taught in the teaching. Some examples:

16:28 "And learn this: True love is the queen of all virtues and therefore the building block of the life and for people of your kind (human beings) to live together."

16:28: "Und lernt: Die wahre Liebe ist die Königin aller Lauterkeiten (Tugenden) und damit der Baustein des Lebens und des Zusammenlebens Euresgleichen (Menschen)."

all of page 349 (Chapter 16) of "Goblet of the Truth" has good instruction on love, as does 19:59-19:97 (found on page 365-369) including feeding the hungry, and clothing the naked.

With that being said, humans of Earth (according to contact 215) exercise false compassion, like in relation to aid to underdeveloped 3rd world countries, and we go "against the rules of self-development of peoples and also the dignity of all peoples, from whom the possibilities of self-development, self-initiative, and self progression are irrevocably taken, as a result of irrational and irresponsible intervention." because the 3rd world becomes addicted to the aid, and no longer makes it's own progress. Contact 215 are hard swallowed words for us "bleeding-heart" Earth humans, who probably see compassion much differently from the interstellar Plejaren, which is maybe why the word "compassion" is never brought up, but the word "love", "true love", "love for the next one" "Empfindung- love" etc are all taught in the teaching, and we could probably all learn a thing or two about love from the books.

Love, in an effective wise, probably over-trumps the characteristic of compassion, as long as there is wisdom attached to go along with it for both the sender, and the receiver of the love. :-)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Goblet of the Truth" 16:28, translated officially by FIGU, copyright FIGU-BEAM.
Salome/Corey Müske

Tat_tvam_asi

Post Number: 555
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 08:37 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chris (CPL)

My question was:

If many terrestrial humans of outstanding character, peace and wisdom – be they more ancient (e.g. Lao Tse, Confucius, Buddha) or or more recent (e.g. Einstein, Gandhi) - value compassion highly, why is it not discussed in the CRs?

We should not forget that the Plejaren history is a sequence of eras of greatest peace followed by greatest destruction
- e.g. 400 year war in Lyra around 389,000 BCE,
- Earth destruction around 40,000 (Pelegon’s race leaving only a few thousand humans alive) and
- 9498 BCE (destruction of Mu / Atlantis and most life on our planet - our world did not see th sunlight for thousands of years...).

Was not lasting peace only then established when the Ps leaving our planet, submitted to accept the advice of the HC?

This is why I think there is an essential historical piece missing:
What really caused the wars that almost destroyed (Lyra and) our planet?
Was e.g. the scientist’s rebellion in Atlantis an offshoot of their strive for perfectionism?
Could it have been prevented if their mindset was aligned to equal parts of. part self development and compassion?

This is not to denigrate the many truths the Plejaren have taught us.
I am very thankful for their great effort to bring back the truth.
I value their honesty - evident by the fact that they did not hide any of the violence that befell some of their leaders.

But as Earth humans - especially if we live in oneness with all creation - we should be concerned about the fate of our fellow humans.

So it is quite natural to question why an apparent high ethical mode of thinking is not mentioned in the discussions about human growth which, after all, is a growth into a “we-personality”.

Coming back to the topic -
If we are to discuss strategies for the evolution of humans, humans of a prison planet, we should discuss the value of compassion.

Bill

PS

The death penalty is wrong because the culprit should realize his mistake and make up for it again.
So when he dies he should die with a consciousness that has grown.
He cannot do so if he is executed.
Even during the time while he is still alive - is his mind not fully occupied with thoughts on how to prevent death rather than evolutionary growth?

But it is questionable if he can do so if he is completely abandoned and becomes a savage.
Petale mentions that it is not punishment - once one sincerely realizes his mistake and wants to make amends for it he has mastered it.

As all humans make mistakes in order to evolve we should self-reflect, not look down on others.
Seen with this aspect – degrading a human life form to savage circumstances - many life times of virtually no growth – seen this way banishment (without a partner) is indeed a harsh penalty.

My words are not good enough to convey the hopelessness and suffering.
A young, banished child convict, ripped from his parents, would tell it with much more penetrating vigour...
==============================================

Joe (Votan),

You ask a good question.
Because truly we should not become believers but only accept what we know as being true.

Naturally we cannot yet scientifically prove that re-incarnation exists:
We are not yet so far advanced as the Plejaren who, when a baby is born, know exactly what spirit form is born and what its main objective for the current life will be.

To explain re-incarnation we should first see all of nature as one.
In other words, when we see what happens to one living being we may draw conclusions for all other living beings, too.

Billy once mentioned that we can easily see that plants in the non-tropical zones go through four seasons a year. During the last season, in winter , they do not flourish (trees shedding their lively green leaves) which could be seen as death. But then, in spring the first buds come out and in summer they flourish and create “offspring” again.

If we look in the macrocosm we can see the many cycles of “from dust to dust” (= creation and death) of stars.

If these cycles "materialization - energy - materialization - energy etc etc" occur to other parts of nature they should as well occur to human beings.
(There are as well many reports of ordinary humans describing vividly their past lives - see e.g. *))

As for the question why humans need to die – my explanation would be:
The death of human bodies occurs to clear the consciousness:
To forget and start anew with new enthusiasm and a new, unburdened consciousness.

Bill

*)
http://jkyog-wellness.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/remembrance-of-past-lives.html

http://paranormal.about.com/od/reincarnation/a/9-Signs-Of-Your-Past-Life.htm

http://www.iisis.net/index.php?page=ian-stevenson-semkiw-childhood-memories-reincarnation-past-life-lives

Tat_tvam_asi

Post Number: 557
Posted on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 06:29 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Salome Corey,

You are right.
Handouts, to 3rd world countries or other recipients , this is the wrong type of compassion.
They do not support their self-initiative and self-development.

But this is not the compassion that e.g. Gandhi expressed.

This compassion means to go down to the level of the person suffering – then by your evolution you free as well the suffering people that were the target of your compassion (e.g. the untouchables in India).

Billy returning from AA to assist the development of Earth humans would be a good example for this type of “hands on” compassion.
I do not know if he would accept the word “compassion”, though, for his action, but his mind set compares well with the mind set of Gandhi.

People of the truly “compassionate” category do not give handouts – they use their life to propagate what you call creational love.
This love pulses through all their actions and thoughts.
This love, the love that is Creation, is characterized as the intentional energy to completely share all the wisdom it has acquired. The truly compassionate person is thus a medium to propagate this sharing love.

These people have as well a strong will:
Billy’s unwavering willingness to continue on in his mission - despite the many attempts on his life – show how deeply this determination is.

Salome,

Bill

Hugo

Post Number: 332
Posted on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 06:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

People from Islamic countries hate the West and everything it stands for. So why give them handouts? Give them nothing, and especially never let the enemy come live with you/us as is the case in the EU with them bs refugees.

Msmichelle

Post Number: 265
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 06:51 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As BEAM stated verse 422 The Way to Live.... everyone must be "Embraced"....
MsMichelle

Hugo

Post Number: 351
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 01:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Msmichelle, yes that is true but where does it say to embrace incompatible cultures to come live with you or embrace those that wish to do you harm like all the sleepers sneaking in with them refugees? Not only that but many/most of them Islamic refugees care very little for the people and nations they are going too.

I could never be a cop like you. I don't have the tolerance to deal with all the low life scums and drug addicts that one would have constantly deal with in that line of work. The worst job in world for me I think. I think that is why I respect/admire cops for doing that job.

Michael_k

Post Number: 45
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 02:42 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hugo,
what does the law of causation mean to you, in other words, how do you understand the law of causation?

A common law in physic:
The ball I throw against a wall it bounce back to me.

Since millennia and generations hatred has become so strong created in ourselves which works against oneself and among each other.

All the "scum" from the ME is based on one purpose: A religious group wants to build their "greater empire" for the sake of their irrational God.

Now perhaps you may understand how the indigenous folks of America, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and today the Palestinians felt/feels as the Europeans overruns them and claim the land after the many religious wars (the thirty years religious war 1618-1648 which end up with WW1, WW2) which was fought on the european continent . And now we have the Middle East catastrophe. All these catastrophes are based on religious irrational ideology.
In that period did the european refugees care sooo much about the indigenous folks and their culture?

Is it the guiltiness of these events of the past that the elites (religious based elites) of today wants to redeem, whereas pulling the refugees strings to flood the western Countries? I don't know.

Please try to withdraw/distract the negative swinging vibration energy of hatred in your criticism. Though you should call a spade a spade, but the art to criticise has to be learned. The "jihad" (control) of oneself is the most hard lesson in life.

It take a few to make changes in a society, but it toke only a person to bring us the changes humanity so strongly needed to direct us back to the root of oneness as universal Omedam.

Michael

Hugo

Post Number: 352
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 11:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michael_k, I know our Western nations are responsible for the hatred towards us from ME nations but does that mean we have to open our borders to them to let them come live with us and destroy our culture with theirs and to also kill us?

Joseph_emmanuel

Post Number: 152
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 08:30 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it okay to be selfish?

I ask this because I have known a number of selfish people in my life. They take more than they give, and they are justified in their taking because usually they don't ask you for anything. Now I know that one should only give without expecting anything in return. At least that is the principle I live by. I give because I want to give, and when I don't want to give, or can't give, I don't give. But even when the giving is meted out naturally, with good grace, because it is part of your personality to be generous, after a while I stand back and think, this person is taking everything I give but giving nothing, or very little, in return. It becomes one sided. So I stop giving, or don't give as much. But that usually works against me. I have lost friendships because of people's selfishness. I reason that I don't need such people in my life. I don't mind when people take (I like to give), but I prefer people who also give. Is it wrong to think that way? Should I accept people as they are?

I think selfish people enjoy their lives more than those who are not so selfish? Of course, we are all selfish to an extent, but some of us, like myself, are more inclined to give, and more than often, it is usually too much.

Is this something that needs to be moderated? But what of selfish people? Are they justified in her thinking? Should I be more selfish?

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page