Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through February 06, 2004

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Creation-energy Teaching » Meditation » Archive through February 06, 2004 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Scott

Post Number: 435
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2003 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

I have a question to anyone who wishes to respond.

How many people are practicing some or any form of Meditation?

If so, how often, how long per each meditation and how many weeks, months or years?

How do you meditate? Do you use some object, mantra, sound etc. to focus your attention on?

What if any results has anyone accomplished or experienced?

Thanks
Salome
Scott

Jplagasse

Post Number: 293
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 08:30 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Scott,

I meditate most noon hours for about 5 to 30 minutes. Quiet... no mantras, sounds, music or anything.
Whenever I'm able (& remember!!) the Salome meditation as well. I very much enjoy it.

As to results: Many years ago, I very much overdid it with "new age" techniques, if any of you remember the old "What not to do in Meditation" string on this forum.
Had to stop for a few years...

In the past few years (Since FIGU has been on the internet), I've tried to incorporate elements of "proper meditation" into my private meditations. Not sure how successful this is, but the attempt is there nonetheless.

These days, I'm sure the meditations have done something to my mind (etc.) but without a "control" or a "non-meditating Pierre" to compare with, I can't say exactly what.

I found the FIGU information on meditation to be very interesting, especially considering my past experiences (& failures !!). The small amount I've heard/read on this (Figu info) made a tremendous amount of sense... but this is yet another story.

Regards,
Pierre

George

Post Number: 35
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 01:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scott,I start in the morning with Buddist invocation to wish everybody(including myself) a well , happy and peaceful day. Here I also include our Plejaren friends, P. Counsel, Spirit levels and Force of Creation. Then I concentrate on Breath in my nostrils(closed eyes) for about 5 to 10 minutes. After that I focus on ‘I the human am part of Creation…’ sentence about 3 to 5 times. Then I concentrate on ‘OM’ few minutes to integrate/ synergize with all of the above spirit forms that I have invoked. Then I read Introduction to Spirit Lessons lines 218 through 246. That part of the text seems to really ‘hit the spot’ for me these days. This takes me about 30 minutes. I’m trying do it every day but weekends sometimes are very busy and less organized then work days. I’m doing it now for about 2 years with small variations as I feel the Force guiding me gradually to add some elements and take out other.
Results: I’m more focused on what I’m doing. I see I’ve got ways to go but I understand we are at the beginning of the journey here and Spirit level Beings are watching and aiding our progress.

Salome

George

Markc

Post Number: 105
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2003 - 05:35 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Scott ;

I always try to find a place in my field of vison with my eyes closed which gives me a kind of depth effect - that is , it seems to tune my concentration so that my eyes aren't rolling around or unsettled . It gives a nice 3D effect to focus both eyes on a common point somewhere ahead of you with eyes closed .

I follow that vattisapattanna ( the spelling bee would sting me for that one) method of following the breath only .
I try to remember that my breath is the only existence , and that if anything did exist , that might be nice , but , here comes another breath .

I would like to say that I can hold that for very long , but I have yet to . It also helps me to sit with my back very straight in the lotus position , and this is beneficial enough on it's own .

Salome , Mark

Gicayhwh

Post Number: 26
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2003 - 07:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Scott,

You have put a great question:
How we meditate?! The results?
On my own selfish way, I use a crystal wand filled with moldavite to send the necessary etheric waves of "Saalome gam naan ben uurda, gan njjber asaala hesporoona" to the rest of us, so we can share more of the truth and knowledge.
Love you,
Gica

Jeedi

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, November 15, 2003 - 08:04 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Scott,

Neat inquiry! I just love to meditate. Now I'm still learning the precise Figu definition, but from time to time, I like to get inside my head and focus on something I want to think about.

I've never been one for the lotus thing, or the super pyramid, magic wand or anything except just using my brain. Using the mind to concentrate on something (a word, phrase, color, idea, problem, relationships, personal issues, buying some new shoes, ect...) is what I think meditation is.

Here is something I found on the Figu site that talks about the necessary concentration for the Peace Meditation: "Try not to pursue any straying thoughts; this means allowing no thoughts to enter the mind that are not part of the meditation procedure. Concentrate solely on the sentence "Salome gam nan . . ." Should you catch yourself concentrating on other thoughts, return to focusing on the meditation sentence. A very
important point for the success of the peace meditation is based on the proper intonation and pronunciation of the sentence to avoid emphasizing the wrong syllables."

Now I do the eyes closed, crossed legged, palms down thing for the PM, like the instructions says to get the best effect. I can understand the posture thing for the pronunciation. But there is a lot I don't understand. But I don't think meditation is just sitting like a budda. Perhaps the basic idea of medition is as simple as, and can be summed up as, a focused mind... say like during a school test, concentrating on a math problem.

For me, my best meditation is accomplished when I take a hike amoung nature, thinking about my life, like my job, relationships with people around me, Creation, or just what I want to eat at my next meal. I get some of my best thinking done when I'm driving my sports car listening to my favorite tunes. Or sometimes I just like to take a "time-out" break between customers at work to zone out for a few minutes to concentrate on nothing... staring off into space.

So I think we all meditate more often then we think. I guess the important thing is to keep a nuetral mind, and not get all your ingredants mixed up all in just one session.....

Best regards,
Anthony

Claes

Post Number: 50
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How I meditate,

I would like to hear from Core group Members what techniques they use for concentration and Meditation.
I find it very interesting to know what techniques other people use.

I used to think that I was a successful meditator, when I was into the false meditation techniques like suggestive and uforic meditations and different breathing techniques.
The last 14 months I have done concentration exercises (12 min twice daily) according to Billys Meditation Book and I have realized that I am still a beginner and to be honest I don’t feel that I am meditating very much yet.
I am still learning to concentrate and even though I find it hard to concentrate, and progress is slow and hardly noticeable during the exercises, I have still felt much improvement in my attitude, happines and in all other areas in my daily life. And I know that I’m on the right track.
I have noticed that things around me happen more and more in the way I would like them to. And things that I used to see as coincidences are now easier to see as logical cause and effect. Less mysteries- more clarity.

Most of the time I use the technique to focus on a candle flame and on a word (sometimes the word Sonne or Sun and sometimes on the word Pentra).

I heat my meditationroom to a comfortable temperature and burn Incense for 10 min before I enter the room and then sit crosslegged without clothes and relax for a while. I often read in the Spiritlessons for 10 min before I start. (I feel that studying the Spiritlessons is a good concentrationexercise in itself because it requires all of my attention for me to understand the long german sentences.)

Then I use some sentences from Billys book:
“Ich bin neutral, unvoreingenommen und pruefend in jeder hinsicht…..”
and just before I start I use the Prayor “Mein Geist…..” and try to focus my mind completely on what I’m telling my Self.

I had some resistance towards the Prayor “Mein Geist” in the beginning because it reminded me of Christianity and the Christian confirmation. I now realize it is quite different to the Christian prayor.

I also find the sentence:
“Ich bin ein Teil der Schopfung, die als Teilstuck als Geist mich belebt” that Semjase mentiones in the 10th contact is a good sentence to concentrate on when I notice my thoughts going in a pointless direction during the day. Or use it to help me to remind me of my connection to an oneness with Creation.

In English from Introduction to the Spiritual Teachings
Semjase at the 10th contact of Wednesday, March 26, 1975, 3:20 pm:
"204. All unreal suggestions and human imaginations will be corrected by stating: I, the human, am a part of Creation that, as a fragment, as spirit, enlivens me."

I have had some experiences that points to that Semjases statement is correct aswell.

Salome,
/Claes

Jeedi

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 08:06 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Claes,

Neat discussion we have going here. It is very interesting hearing your methods and can appreciate your ways.

You said,"...I don't feel that I am meditating very much yet. I am still learning to concentrate and even though I find it hard to concentrate, and progress is slow and hardly noticeable during the exercises, I have still felt much improvement..."

I would bet you that you have very good concentration, you just don't greater realize it. Do you play at any sports? Have you hobbies that you enjoy engaging in? Do you have a job that requires a lot of concentration? I have thought that people who work assembly line jobs, under pressure to produce, often develop great concentration. Otherwise we would get a lot of messed up Dorito bags.

Personaly, I love to motorcycle. And anyone who knows about street biking knows that it takes a tremendous amount of focus to use this form of travel. Otherwise it is easy to become bug splat, deep fried on the road.

Any biker who does not understand this has been down or is going down. So this dangerous exercise forces you to stay focused.

Can you think of something in your life that you do that requires a lot of concentration or focus?

Best Regards,
Anthony

Jplagasse

Post Number: 295
Posted on Tuesday, November 18, 2003 - 11:08 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Anthony,

I loved motor-biking & this involved for me, much mind control/development to stay alive.
I stand to be corrected on this, but I feel like meditation "properly done" develops the mind/self in a similar fashion, but also perhaps somewhat differently.

From what I've figured out so far, the FIGU meditation techniques tend to develop the mind (etc.) instead of simply going "fast".
Anybody can crank on the throttle (over-doing it for "results") & a bad "crash" is sometimes the result.
A few people I've known have been badly hurt and/or died on bikes, but this is another story.

As I've heard bikers say:
"A bike is like a woman. Just because it's cheap & fast doesn't mean it's any good."

Please forgive this somewhat "sexist" analogy. Within some social circles, this type of saying is "acceptable", yet does make a valid point.

Properly done, biking (or meditation!!) is a tremendous experience which is far more than can be explained or simply rationalized :-).

Kindest regards & wishing you the best,
JP

Jeedi

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, November 19, 2003 - 06:29 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi JP,

Nice to meet another motor biker. I'm glad you have much accomplishment with your mind development biking exercises.

But who said anything about fast? I'm not speeding. I try to obey all traffic laws.

Being a player of the game of chess can strengthen one's concentration. This might not be "proper meditation", but the experiences obtained in everyday exercises can be brought to the meditation table I think. But what is proper Figu meditation?

What about relaxation? How can anybody be relaxed flying into a curve on a super bike, let alone riding say a beamship? Maybe in order for proper meditation to occur people need to be relaxed and in a comfortable setting?

Any thoughts my good friend?

Kind regards,
Anthony

I would agree with you on something, "A bike is like a woman." But I don't agree about the fast and cheap thing. I'd say: "A bike is like a woman because she is sexy, requires devotion, responsibility, and above ALL respect."

Jeedi

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, December 02, 2003 - 06:52 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

“Your focus determines your reality.” One of my favorite lines from Episode I!

How this line is so true as it comes to a person’s success or not. In the mall that I work there are a lot of negative people, who blame everything and everyone, for why they are not doing business.

You see these same people day in and day out not doing there job; instead they are focusing on their friends, other mall workers, or a book, video game, or anything else that does not resemble work.

I just smile away, keep to myself, and concentrate on getting sales. I spend my 8 hours focusing on how to sell, better display, keep a clean shop, and other business duties. Our business is doing great! I know I’m more successful then the vampires and zombies, cause they stay away from me!

Jeedi

Jeedi

Post Number: 17
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2003 - 09:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

I think this forum can be a good concentration exercise. …As good as motor biking or making tortilla chips or staring at a candle... Also with this, participants can help ease the work of moderator by being more selective with their posts. (Less work reading and moving things around) -- Thank you Scott for your time and hard work;)

I challenge forum people to stay on topic (be even more, and more focused each time…), keep posts short, and use more Figu quote sources for arguments. I plan to do this with forum space I use. Concentration is noticing that even if you start on a specific string you don’t have to stay there; you can switch to another string as you evolve discussion into another topic area. This can be example of growth (spiritual) experience I would think.

The same goes true for questions to Billy; the directions says one to three small intro paragraphs and ONE question. Period. Taking a rough draft and making it smaller is good concentration exercise too. Not burden Figu with ramblings and unfocused inquiries the first time.

Regards,
Anthony

Claes

Post Number: 59
Posted on Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 04:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Jeedi and All,

I agree with your post that we should do our best to keep our questions and comments short and precise and to do what we can to make it easier for the coregroup and others.
Then the reader also gets more out of it.
I think that reading a post several times before posting it is a good idea especially for long posts.

I think when we start to practice concentration most people experience how many thoughts they really have and it is a humbling experience to see how hard it is to control ones thoughts.

According to Billys Meditationbook Concentration exercises is not meditation but it is a requirement for meditation that first must be learned. I totally agree with this.
I think many of our daily activities more or less can be used as concentration exercises if we make the necessary efforts.

In Billys book there is a section about Work and Meditation which is very interesting.
The book mentions how essential work is for the wellbeeing and evolution of the Human Beeing. and that work can be as beneficial as meditation on the road towards realizing the Creation within the human.
He recommends not to try to meditate at work but (if I have understood it correctly) to concentrate on work and to gain joy in the knowledge that the work is creational.
(This book on it’s own is well worth learning German for , as well as for the Spiritlessons)

This part of the book was encouraging for me when I had what most would consider a monotonous boring job (Machine Operator in an Plastics Moulding Plant).
This helped me to make the job more interesting and to focus on doing my best and to concentrate on what I was doing.
My opinion is that if I concentrate on the task at hand and do my very best then the job will be more fun and it will help my selfdevelopment & evolution.

Recently I have been in an office making drawings on the computer. This job required concentration aswell but I think that the previous job helped me more in my self development.
In the previous job I had to work more on my attitudes, resistances and my self dicipline and I was confronted with some difficult individuals who helped me to realize some things about my self.
My studies of Spirit Lessons and other subjects seemed easier then too, I think partly because I was more physically active in work.

I have noticed that the time when I am the clearest in my thinking and contemplations is when I do physical work in nature. Digging, weeding, planting etc. My mind goes on and on in a relaxed way and looks at concepts and theories from different angles and it gradually gets clearer and this is often when I get it (realize, understand the teachings). I feel that the mind often slows down and relaxes when I’m active outside. I feel that nature is also like an Energizer.
I would not call this meditation, to me this is thinking, relaxing, contemplating.

I have also noticed that when I get too much new information to fast I can get what I call “Information overload”. This can make me tired, irritated, angry or depressed and the best way for me to get back to balance is rigorous physical exercise or activity in nature.
I feel that Nature is the best Healer (balancing factor) for me.

Salome,
//Claes Elmberg

Jeedi

Post Number: 31
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 06:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Claes,

No doubt about that, nature in combination with physical work exercise is very good balancing factor. Which reminds me, I really should be getting to some chores around the house; getting callused hands like Quetzal from a shovel, rake, or something. Lately, I tend to think of the outdoors as just a place to play.

Today, another important point I would like to make with regards to meditation is solitude…at least in becoming an experienced – individual-- that can then add constructively to a collective meditation. Like the important Peace Meditation GROUP exercise.

But I’d like to focus on the individual for now.

So we talked about the importance of concentration, and said a little on the importance of relaxation, but what constitutes the best environment for taking personal control of one’s own thoughts? In my opinion, the best way to begin observing thoughts is to be alone – time away from other people’s information, to find your own.

In cases where unwanted thoughts and talk distract a person (or group) from discovering real intentions behind each thought with a neutral-positive response, seems especially true where people are dependent upon other people for their thinking – extreme cases where people are afraid to even be alone. In a social setting people tend to think and act as a collective; so each individual’s thoughts are not centered on self, but rather reflect the social order. Some examples would be: 1. Groups of friends that think and talk alike, and if not in perfect agreement or understand, agree lot of times just to remain part of the group. 2. (even further) Any person dependent on a particular book, or author -- person -- “expert”, religion, group, science, technology, teaching, philosophy, ufo case, or whatever, has also not discovered the power of self to identify their own mind. And to use this to their advantage when they are around others, in competition, or confront any particular teacher/student.

When a person creates time to one’s self – a routine away from people, books, radio, TV, phone calls, web etc., -- they are left with their own world of thoughts. And are left to think for themselves and by themselves. For me, it becomes much easier to observe unwanted thoughts as well as wanted ones, building understanding and control… for instance when I encounter a negative thought about a person I have a problem with, I’m not bombarded by other people’s starts or opinions --easier to have a neutral mind -- and can notice and sort out my shortcomings to try and make amends on my own. It helps to use solitude to target wanted as well as unwanted thoughts and understand your “garden” so to say. So when unwanted thoughts come up again in a social setting, or even group meditation sessions, you are better equipped to deal with it as an individual adding to a collective.

Any opinions, anybody? Claes, I would love for you to bring up the subject of relaxation in meditation; I think you may know a lot. What about repetition?

Best regards,
Anthony

Claes

Post Number: 60
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 03:15 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Jeedi for the flowers(kind words), like the germans say. I like to hear your views too.

It would also be nice to hear some of the womens opinions and experiances.

Salome,
//Claes

Anonymous

Post Number: 21
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 12:59 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Jeedi

I like what you said about solitude and controlling one's thoughts. I agree that the best time to do this is when you are alone. Speaking from my own experience, I find that when I am in the company of people I am less aware of what I am thinking, although ocassionally I may pick up on something I say and learn from it. However, it is only when I am alone that I become aware of my thoughts and am able to construct them. In actual fact, I would like to point out here that I meditate by focusing on my thoughts rather than by observing them, or by casting them aside when you have become aware that you have been thinking randomly, as it may be in conventional meditation. I do this because I tend to spend a lot of time writing and thinking, which I see as an act of meditation, for it is through these that I have experienced changes in my consciousness. Often when I am writing I focus on a thought or a sentence, and repeat it over and again to myself like a mantra. I don't do this deliberately, however. I do it because I don't write with a plan, or with notes, or any form or structure. I have an idea and I depend heavily on my intuitive state of mind, which often takes me a while to get in motion. Sometimes it takes a good hour to move on to the next sentence. But this passes in no time.

Because this is the only way I meditate I have often thought that the same can be achieved through other activities, such as when we are working or walking. I don't believe that one has to meditate in the conventional manner to focus one's mind. The main factor in meditation is mental discipline, and this can be done in most daily activities if we were so inclined, such as washing the dishes or gardening, although I admit it is easy to meditate while gardening. But the thing is to want to meditate. I can't imagine my life without my time to myself. When I am alone meditation is instinctual.

Jeedi

Post Number: 32
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 06:33 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Anonymous,

I kinda figured by your decent writing skills and cool manner that you meditate... "Instinctual" I totally agree!

I Like also, "...I meditate by focusing on my thoughts rather than by observing them." But I say observing thoughts is very important type of meditation too -- say application in telepathy: focus type good for practicing sending; calm, observation type good for creating discipline in receiving.)

Yes, observing them is the begining and easy part -- to work the land, tilling the soil, digging the weeds...But to THEN plant your own seeds and have a very beautiful and productive vegitable;) garden -- scape thing is the real trick.

Your focused brainstorms sure do produce some of the nicest flowers around here...in this little potting soil bucket of sh+t planting area.

Best regards,
Anthony

Claes

Post Number: 62
Posted on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 12:23 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

New FIGU text about Meditation.
Stephan has written an excellent Introduction text to Billys book “Introduction to Meditation”.
It’s name is “Einführung zur Einführung in die Meditation“ and is 22 pages long (A5 size).

It is a very enlightening text and speaks about:
- Why meditate?
- What meditation is not
- What meditation is
- Prejudices regarding meditation
- During the meditation

I hope it will be available in english soon so I can share it with friends.
This text answered a lot of the things I was wondering about at the moment.

Salome,
//Claes

Chrisrowley

Posted on Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 09:31 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peace Meditation: proper intonation and pronunciation of the sentence to avoid emphasizing the wrong syllables

I would like to incorporate my meditation with the Peace meditation, and while I can anglophile my pronunciation, I am sure w/o having heard the correct intonations that I don't have it *right*.

Perhaps someone could post a .wav or mp3 of the Peace Meditation and its correct phrasing/emphasis?}

Dino_slice

Posted on Friday, February 06, 2004 - 09:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Chris,

Hey dude, did you look at Peace Meditation page on Figu site under Spiritual Teachings icon? There is link to sound file.

Best regards,
Anthony

David_chance

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2004 - 09:42 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Chris,
"Saalome gam naan ben uurda, gan njjber asaala hesporoona!"
pronounced in English phonetics [MP3 audio file]
http://www.figu.org/de/download/sendfile.php?Product=../../multimedia/salome.mp3

Markc

Post Number: 120
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2004 - 09:55 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Chris ;

It helps to have another language in your skillset to assist with intonation , but no matter . There is a recognizable accent .In this recording performed by Chritian Frehner you can hear accurately the exact delivery .

Thanks , Mark

http:/figu.org/us/spiritual_teaching/peace_meditation.htm
Mark Campbell

Der_beobachter

Post Number: 21
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2004 - 02:39 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Chrisrowley,

Quoting

"How am I to meditate?

Prior to beginning any type of meditation, we recommend that you read the book Introduction into Meditation (however, this is not a requirement). Since this book is currently available only in the German language, many people may not be able to read it yet. The meditation process as such consists of softly whispering or speaking the meditation sentence for the entire 20 minutes. Try not to pursue any straying thoughts; this means allowing no thoughts to enter the mind that are not part of the meditation procedure. Concentrate solely on the sentence "Salome gam nan . . ." Should you catch yourself concentrating on other thoughts, return to focusing on the meditation sentence. A very important point for the success of the peace meditation is based on the proper intonation and pronunciation of the sentence to avoid emphasizing the wrong syllables.

The vowels in the following meditation sentence –

"Saalome gam naan ben uurda, gan njjber asaala hesporoona!"

are pronounced in English phonetics as follows:

Saalome (aa = father) gum naan (aa = father) ben uurda (uu = crew, moo) gun neeber asaala (aa = father) hesporona (o = tone, go)"

End of quoting

Dear Chrisrowley,

The correct intonation for Peace Meditation can be found here Click here or cut and paste whole link please:

http://www.figu.org/de/download/sendfile.php?Product=../../multimedia/salome.mp3

Saalome
JB
Der Beobachter Edelweiß

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page