Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through October 04, 2008

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Creation-energy Teaching » Meditation » Archive through October 04, 2008 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Peter_brodowski

Post Number: 426
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2008 - 09:11 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey there adysor,

what i understand is that meditation is to bring you closer to or more in harmony with your own spirit. thoughts and feelings cannot be educated, it's the person that's educated.

conciousness related abilities are aquired through effort and focus. like anything else.

the beauty in freedom, is that we can all do what we like. one person develops through an interest in telekenesis, another develops through reading books about saucers. and others develop simply by living on a mountain top somewhere.
to answer your last question, over these latest 5 years, i have noticed developement. through meditation and a moment to moment interest and appreciation for all the little things in life, i have found results.

Pledja

Post Number: 39
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 08:14 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanxs for all the helpful Info

Is there anyway we can get a peace meditation schedule going? Im in Florida I think its Every first and third sunday at 9:30?

Indi

Post Number: 225
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 05:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

there is a Peace Meditation section that discusses and has links to the relevant info about times and how etc..... on this forum -- it is important and easy to work out what time to do it, so that everyone is doing it at the same time -- which is the point of it

And even if you end up doing it physically on your own, if you are doing it at the same time as everyone else, you are not really doing it on your own at all :-)

try http://forum.figu.org/cgi-bin/us/discus.cgi?pg=next&topic=863&page=6746

Robjna

Peter_brodowski

Post Number: 439
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

since this is in regards to meditation, i figured this would be the place to post this...

from the book, "einfuhrung in die meditation"
on page 95.
"Wenn sich ein Mensch taglich wahrend ca. 20-30 Minuten der Meditation widmet, dann sollte er stets und ausnahmslos fur mindestens ein Drittel dieser Zeit bemuht sein, sich meditativ ausschliesslich dem Schopferischen zu widmen."

i had to put it through an online translator and this is what i got...
"if itself humans daily protecting approx. 20-30 minutes meditation dedicates, then it should be always and without exception for at least one third of this time endeavored to dedicate itself meditativ exclusively to the creative."

what is meant here, that 1 third of the time spent has to absolutely without exception be used for complete concentration on the task at hand, and during the other two thirds of the time period spent meditating, it is exceptable to have stray thoughts or things like that?

anybody care to help out?

Phenix

Post Number: 47
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 02:53 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PS: operator, here is a better version of the previous post.

Hi Kamerad Peter,

Here is what i got from the line you quoted(bear in mind that my German is not ripe enough and that the translation is rather literal:
"Wenn sich ein Mensch taglich wahrend ca. 20-30 Minuten der Meditation widmet, dann sollte er stets und ausnahmslos fur mindestens ein Drittel dieser Zeit bemuht sein, sich meditativ ausschliesslich dem Schopferischen zu widmen."

"If(When) a persons dedicates himself daily to Meditation for about 20-30 minutes, this Person should then always and without exception for at least one third of this time be concentrated, dedicating himself exclusively to the Creatinal."

You might find some useful information here:

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Concentration_Exercises

And here:

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Meditation_Basics

And here too:

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Meditation_from_Clear_Sight

Courage and success!

Salome.

Hector

Post Number: 407
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 02:59 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter i from your excerpt i guess he means the following. If you dedicate 30 minutes to your daily meditation, if you want to make progress you have to focus on the creative part for at least 10 minutes. In meditation you need time to ged rid of your thoughts and time to concentrate&sink in your consciousness. But you cannot end your meditation session without having tried to "make a connection" with your creative immortal essence (the spirit).

That's my undertanding of it, although i'm not trained and do not master meditation.

Syn

Post Number: 81
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 06:01 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i am still lost to what i am suppose to be doing...i sit there and meditate and concentrate...but the problem is...what am i suppose to be expecting/concentrating on...
They must find it difficult...Those who have taken authority as the truth, rather then the truth as the authority

-Gerald Massey

Peter_brodowski

Post Number: 440
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 07:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks hector and phenix,
i too was under these impressions the two of you share. thanks for the views

Corey

Post Number: 78
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 07:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

peter I noticed your excerpt tied into the spirit prayers on pages 96-97

page 9 of Einfuhrung zur Einfuhrung in die Meditation helped me understand the "making the connection" with my spirit as Neutralität but that is my understanding I'm not trained either though

Indi

Post Number: 241
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 08:19 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter, if you read on further on that page, the explanation is there.
Basically, there are offered two prayers to the Creational Spirit -- prayer being defined as 'focusing on the spirit'.

In addition to what Hector explained -- it is important to be 'mindful' when meditatiing, of what you would like to achieve from the meditation.
By saying a 'prayer' to your Creational Spirit, you are focusing on that part of you -- that is all. The rest of the meditation can be devoted to other things you are wanting to focus on.

"If a person in the course of a day devotes 20-30 mins to meditation, then he should always for at least a third of that time make an effort to devote himself meditatively exclusively to Creation."

Robjna

Phenix

Post Number: 48
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 12:57 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter,

I saw your message(post439)yesterday night, as i was about to log out, being called by some other duty; so the translation was a bit hastly executed. Sorry for that.

Here then:
"Wenn sich ein Mensch täglich Während ca. 20-30 Minuten der Meditation widmet, dann sollte er stets und ausnahmslos für mindestens ein Drittel dieser Zeit bemüht sein, sich meditativ ausschliesslich dem Schöpferischen zu widmen."

"When a person dedicates himself daily to Meditation for about 20-30 minutes, this Person should then, always and without exception, for at least one third of this time be concentrated, meditatively dedicating himself exclusively to the Creational."

I guess it goes about the required degree of concentration during Meditation.

Salome.

Fainas

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 06:12 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

I have a question about the word "Sun" in the concentration exercises. Is there any difference in what language the word "Sun" should be thought? Is it better to think it in german version "Sonne" or maybe in my native language version of "Sun"?

Phenix

Post Number: 49
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 07:55 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Kamerad Syn,

"Posted by Syn on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 06:01 pm:

i am still lost to what i am suppose to be doing...i sit there and
meditate and concentrate...but the problem is...what am i suppose to
be expecting/concentrating on..."

Maybe you should try the following:

[...]
1) To live in today's world, I must be strong and develop tenacity with regard to my consciousness and my intellect.
1) Um in der heutigen Welt zu leben, muss ich stark sein und Zähigkeit in bezug auf mein Bewusstsein und meinen Verstand entwickeln.
2) The more tranquil and tenacious I become, the more I cope with difficulties.
2) Je ruhiger und zäher ich werde, je mehr Schwierigkeiten bewältige ich.
3) The Creational-natural power is within myself, and I use this, putting it into effect in my thinking and acting.
3) Die schöpferisch-natürliche Kraft ist in mir selbst, und diese nutze ich verwirklichend in meinem Denken und Handeln.
4) I change myself positively within my consciousness-bearing and utilize my Creational-natural power within myself for this.
4) In meiner Bewusstseinshaltung ändere ich mich zum Positiven und nutze dazu meine schöpferisch-natürliche Kraft in mir.
5) I am strong within myself and change my mental self-image positively.
5) In mir selbst bin ich stark und wandle mein mentales Selbstbild zum Positiven.
6) Everything is achievable for me, and I master whatever I wish to accomplish.
6) Alles ist für mich erreichbar, und ich meistere, was ich auch immer wünsche zu vollbringen.
[...]
Herr Meier.
( http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Meditation_from_Clear_Sight)

Salome.

Peter_brodowski

Post Number: 441
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 12:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hello everyone,
corey, yes it does indeed follow through into those two spirit prayers provided in the book.
it's not the making the connection with the spirit part that confused me, not any of the teachings specifically, but because i use an online translator, the words come out funny, and i dont want to go guessing how they should be arranged, so i figured there are some skilled translators on figu, and so they could put the paragraph into a sensible form.

indi
yes i was aware of these prayers for some time.
i was under the impression that when meditating, create a goal for yourself before hand, then start meditating, which should have no thoughts involved during the actual meditation.
billy wrote to me in an answer that one has to totally rid oneslf of thoughts to truly meditate.
i do an excersize where i close my eyes and repeat on the phrase "peace within me, love within me, harmony within me, freedom within me"
i only focus on that phrase. does this count as a form of meditation? the effects of this excersize do exactly to me as what happens when i meditate (i see fluxing and liquid-like energy, then i lose feeling of my body, then white light/haze and some other stuff).
billy also said that anylizing dreams is also a form of meditation. it would be great to get a clear and detailed description of all the forms of meditation, so i could better understand what constitutes an act of meditation.

there are other excercises i've dabbled with, and with much results, but i thought them as merely abilities in developement. but now reading some of peoples replies it seems meditation has a larger scope and variety than i once thought.

thanks phenix.

Syn

Post Number: 82
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 04:11 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

pheonix i know those commandments.

The only thing that has gotten me stumped is that meditations often feels like a dead end...i sit and think and breathe but other then that i dont know what comes after that..
They must find it difficult...Those who have taken authority as the truth, rather then the truth as the authority

-Gerald Massey

Phenix

Post Number: 56
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 06:43 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beste Empfehlung, Kamerad Moderator!

Allow me, please, to remind - just in case, so many events are taking place these days! - all Kameraden that the Collective Peace Meditation is, if i am not mistaking, scheduled on Saturday 4th and Sunday 5th of October.

The Kameraden who might not be aware of the Target Days and/of the Session Times in their specific parts of the World, could consult the Worldwide Peace Meditation Schedule at:
http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/The_Spiritual_Teachings#What_is_the_schedule_of_the_Peace_Meditation.3F

Saalome gam naan ben uurda, gan njjber asaala hesporoona!

Frieden und Weisheit sei auf der Erde und unter allen Geschöpfen!

Peace be on Earth, and among all Beings!

Que la Paix et la Sagesse soient sur Terre et parmi toutes Créatures!

Moge Vrede en Wijsheid sein op Aarde en tussen alle Wesens!

Pust budit Mir i Mudrast na Zemle i mijdu fsemi Sazdaniyami!(Russian language written with latin letters)

Skryvenor

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It might be helpful to know when the time changes in Switzerland from "summertime" or Daylight Savings Time to "wintertime" or Standard Time:

Daylight Saving Time:
DST started on Sunday, March 30, 2008 at 2:00 AM local standard time
DST ends on Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 3:00 AM local daylight time

From: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=87

So, for this month's Peace Meditation we would add 1 hour to the times listed in the box on the link that Phenix gave in his post 56 above.

Saalome,

Jean

Peter_brodowski

Post Number: 449
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2008 - 10:30 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i have a problem with the following...
nowhere except on michael horn's site, did i see this spelling of the peace meditation phrase
"Saalome gum naan ben uurda gun neeber asaala hesporona".
now i realize michael talks to billy and all, but in all material i've read written by figu, i've seen it this way "Saalome gam naan ben uurda, gan njjber asaala hesporoona"
as phenix had written in his/her above post.
so what's the deal here?

Michael

Post Number: 668
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2008 - 05:37 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Check this:

http://theyfly.com/salome/salome.htm#
Michael Horn

Indi

Post Number: 244
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2008 - 07:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The original phrase as provided in the first meditation book "Einführung in die Meditation" p. 107 is:

Salome gam nan ben Urda - gan njber asala Hesporona.

The spelling of the ones provided in the articles found on various websites about the meditation is for assistance with pronunciation:

Saalome gam naan ben uurda, gan njjber asaala hesporoona!

I guess it gets confusing when different people write it on different sites without explaining this!

Robjna

Phenix

Post Number: 58
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 02:06 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good morning on this wonderful day, Kameraden.

Mr Horn, Robjna:
your explanations match my understanding of this matter, that is, a question of pronunciation.
The pronunciation is further explained at 'Futureofmankind':

"Saalome gam naan ben uurda, gan njjber asaala hesporoona!"

are pronounced in English phonetics as follows:

Saalome (aa = father) gum naan (aa = father) ben uurda (uu = crew, moo) gun neeber asaala (aa = father) hesporona (o = tone, go).
(http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/The_Spiritual_Teachings#The_Peace_Meditation)

Kamerad Peter, your Kamerad Phenix is a 'he', though it doesn't matter much.

Moderator, or any Kamerad in the postion to do so: could you timely shed some light on the following point?
"So, for this month's Peace Meditation we would add 1 hour to the times listed in the box on the link that Phenix gave in his post 56 above."
(Member Skryvenor; post 4)

Salome.

Indi

Post Number: 245
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 07:25 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Phenix I will attempt to answer your query about the peace meditation and hopefully not confuse things more than they seem to be now.

Switzerland is currently on Daylight savings time (DST). Normal time, Central European time (CET) will resume at 2am on 26th October.

The US eg., Los Angeles, is currently on Daylight savings time (DST) and will change back to normal time on November 2nd.
Because of the different dates in changes of times back and forth from DST to normal time, whatever it is called in whatever country, I have found that the easiest way to work out the times, without having to 'think' is to use the World Clock Meeting planner, which adjusts all the times accordingly for you for the dates you supply.

I have given this link before more than once:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html

The results using the planner for the month of October and November for Switzerland/Los Angeles are as follows:

4th October

Zurich 7:30pm
Los Angeles 10:30 am

Zurich 9:00pm
Los Angeles 12:00 noon

5th Oct
Zurich 9:00pm
Los angeles 12:00 noon

18th & 19th October the same as above

1st Nov

Zurich 6:30pm (note change from previous time)
Los Angeles 10:30 am

Zurich 8:00pm
Los Angeles 12:00 noon

2nd Nov

Zurich 8:00pm
Los Angeles 11:00 am****

So please, go to the link above and put in the dates and locations and you will see clearly without any confusion what times are indicated.

I hope that I am correct and not leading anyone in the wrong direction -- please forgive me if so

in peace

Robjna

Peter_brodowski

Post Number: 451
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 11:44 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

if the following is correct...
"Saalome (aa = father) gum naan (aa = father) ben uurda (uu = crew, moo) gun neeber asaala (aa = father) hesporona (o = tone, go)"

then i must say the following...
why is gam, pronounced gum. i never heard a single word in the english language where "a" is pronouced "u". if it is, why not just spelL gum in the first place. now i cant even be sure i ever once at all did a correct peace meditation, unless i am to recall the recorded peace meditation phrase that i heard by core group members...
i bought the peace meditation cd from figu, and not one person sounds the "A" like a "U".
now if by gum you mean gaum, like rounded a sound, that still does not come close to gum (uh, up, under, mutt).

and like another forum member i too cannot access theyfly.com (as per the link provided by michael horn and any other way).

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page