Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through December 11, 2009

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Planet Earth » Aging, Aggressive Genes & Human Health » Archive through December 11, 2009 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Getknowledge

Post Number: 52
Posted on Saturday, September 19, 2009 - 12:47 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the past, there was a division among the creator overlords, who manipulated our genes, about how to deal with us. About the benevolent who ones wanted to help us, they helped the people escape, but why didn't they help fix our aggressive and ageing genes right then?
Tien

Edward

Post Number: 1475
Posted on Sunday, September 20, 2009 - 03:09 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Tien....

Could be that the benevolent beings were not yet in the possession of the
technical Know-How, yet(; with the knowledge that the Creatoroverlords were
quite far ahead evolved, than others at the time)? And if they did, perhaps
have had no time? Would take very much facilities, etc, to execute such a
scenario. And having to be constantly 'On Guard', for the Creatoroverlords?

Or they just left it in our body; let us resolve it ourselves at the same time
as we evolve, to a much more evolved human being/state? And perhaps, they did
not want to mingle with our affairs, and which they did! Too much
intermingling would not be so wise? Take for instance, HOW DEEP....the
Plejaran's forefathers/ancestors were: that they still aide us Earth humans.

Indeed: many questions are still to be asked and answered, concerning....

Edward.

Ramirez

Post Number: 283
Posted on Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 02:28 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Genome Science and DNA..

Would someone kindly help me out with information and answers.

1. Does anyone know the basic DNA structure of humans as it should be .... 2 strands or what ?

2. There are stories circulating saying 12 strands from the JJ Hurtak 1977 Keys Of Enoch nonsense, then another theory saying 22 strands.
Any comments here. 22 sounds way too complex as does 12 but somewhere is mentioned the genetic manipulators who created Adam inserted 22 strands .... any information about that ?

3. Creation has 2 strands so would that be the general pattern for human varieties universally ?
Do the various 375+ known variations of human like ET's have 2 strands ?

4. There are children now occasionally born with 3 strands .... is this more advanced spirits coming on line or exactly what is happening in these cases ?

5. Is it theoretically possible to engineer a 22 strand variety of human in a lab ?
Would this be a superhuman or one burdened with too much capacity and therefore prone to overload and malfunction through sheer complexity ?

Thankyou for your indulgence.
Cheers.

Edward

Post Number: 1490
Posted on Monday, October 05, 2009 - 05:26 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ramorez...

Questions, questions....questions.....

Well, keep in mind, that as the Human Body Evolves, there is MORE
possibilities: Material-wise, in this case(becomes much more - Finer -...than
course)! And thus, in such state, the body becomes more acceptable to Genes,
etc....which of course, would benefit the DNA strand; strings do have a
capability to make new ones, if they please, or say...if the situation allows
them to, as far as I know(; they can reorganize even, in building structure,
moving about, where they please...as far as I know; kinda 'reshuffling the
deck of cards', so to speak).

So, it is very common, that an 'additional' string/strand can be noticed. No
Freak Of Nature as far as I know, just: Consequences - Cause and Effect,
within the environment in which it is produced, and to function, within; due
to what ever circumstances, it may be.

"Environment Adapting", I guess we can call it? [Natural Circumstantial.....]

So, our DNA(strands/strings, etc...) just becomes compatible...to our
constantly evolving body. I guess, in unison with our Spirit-form/
consciousness; which also manifests into very very Fine energy (force). Evolve
in alignment....

I guess, we can compare it with looking back. 1000 years ago, our DNA was
quite different in organization structure, so to speak, than it is today.
Again, with "Environment Adapting"...as we went along...our evolution path.

Also Improving and Perfect...itself.

Thus, when it concerns the Body(DNA, etc)....the Spirit does also take part in
the process, as Jmmanuel made clear: The Creational Duality. Both can not
exist without each other.

You either Upgrade or Degrade......

Edward.

Johnnybalmain

Post Number: 56
Posted on Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 05:14 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As I see it the creator overlords manipulated our genes so we are a captured race until we can correct the situation. This could be an impossible ask in that we could or will probably destroy ourselves before we can evolve enough to remedy our situation. Which I believe is not of our doing. We are not to blame for our aggressive nature, the creator overlords are responsible for our situation and should be held responsible. Their answer is to destroy us that is totally against the laws and directives of Creation. My answer would be to stowaway on a Plajarean beamship get taken back to their planet and on arrival commit suicide so my spirit must incarnate in their unmanipulated genetic physical existence. Sorry I know I am dreaming. Oh well.
Peace John

Rarena

Post Number: 491
Posted on Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 10:16 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gee you're up early...

Genome Science?

Remember Johnny, your spirit can NEVER die so we will eventually be able to evolve ourselves... S O M E D A Y but if we dystroy our civilization... it may be millenia rather than centuries...

The problem with your last idea/dream is... if you went to ERRA or some other Plejaren planet you would not be of the correct spiritual evolution, unless of course you were coached or evolved mechanically by the Plejaren.

You would reincarnate to the next nearest evolutionarilyy compatible planet which may be again the Earth... or possibly another planet of equal or possibly lesser evolved level.

The very act of commiting suicide would indicate you were not ready (spiritually/evolutionaryly) for ERRA or any of the multitude of Plejaren civilizations.

Johnnybalmain

Post Number: 57
Posted on Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 07:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So our problem, the manipulation of our genetic code to cause us to be unhumanly aggressive cannot be undone till we conquer this genetic manipulation by evolving our consciousness to such a degree so as to handle it so to speak. I find this concept unjust and why me? Being genetically manipulated so as to become de-evolved seems a bit hard to swallow.Did P's have to go thru the same or are we creation's chosen ones just for this tough task. Would'nt it be so much easier to evolve in a correct manner like the P's did (I'm not saying they did'nt do it tough too) if we were not stuck with this gene manip. So after this evil act was dealt on us what with cause and effect what came back at them the creator overlords who caused this hard path for us. I know revenge is one we must all conquer, but such a difficult one, it is probably the hardest of all. Sorry to ramble on.
Peace John

Tjames

Post Number: 312
Posted on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 11:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi John Nice to meet you,

The genetic manipulation was not an "act by creation" but by the Sirian overlords who wanted to limit the lifespan of the humans created to protect them. The Sirians tinkered with the gentics of a newly created race of humans and heightened their aggressive tendencies so they (the manipulated humans) would be barbaric enough to be good fighters but a limited life span such that they would not dominate the overlords. This is special to us here on earth and is why the P's feel partially responsible for us. Their ancestors are our ancestors linking us together.

Read Contact 251

Salome,

Tim
Salome gam nan been urda gan njber hasala hesporona!

Mgilbo1

Post Number: 98
Posted on Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 11:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is there any information from Billy on evolution? I read what he had on Darwin and his deception but is there any deeper info?

Current day biologists classify humans as animals but of a different species. Has Billy commented on this?
Mark Gilbo

Rarena

Post Number: 529
Posted on Monday, November 16, 2009 - 07:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mark,

Contact 54 and the phamplet 49 Questions has some information on this subject. There is also one article in the Voice of the Aquarian Times where Semjase mentions consciousness evolution don't remember which number. It is not a simple concept that can be explained in a short paragraph.

There are several books at FIGU.org on this subject if you ask them. Most, if not all... are in the German language.

Justsayno

Post Number: 20
Posted on Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 08:31 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Genetic manipulation of animals is rampant in the U.S. During an exchange of emails with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) they let this little tidbit slip:
My question: Can you tell me if imports of meat from the U.S. are tested to assure us that it is not transgenic (novel) meat?
Answer:
"In the USA, there are about 600 animal clones - mostly beef cattle. It is unlikely that they will be headed to market as they are too expensive to produce. Instead, they are being used for breeding stock and the industry has a voluntary moratorium for clones entering in the food supply.
The sexually reproduced offspring of the clones are the animals that may enter the food supply. There is no method to tell meat products from the offspring of cloned animals apart from animals derived from traditional breeding."

Mgilbo1

Post Number: 99
Posted on Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 05:50 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Rarena! I'll take a look.
Mark Gilbo

Edward

Post Number: 1539
Posted on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 03:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mark....

Well, Australia classified the Aboriginals also as 'animals' up till, I think
1970, or something(; could be off, can not remember precisely).

I mentioned this once, here...years back. And thus, now the Aboriginals are
classified as: human beings.

Well, as you may know, we humans have a - Thinking/Intuitive Consciousness -.
And animals have a - Instinctive Consciousness -. So, HERE is where it makes
the difference.

Even though, both have an "Impulse" Spirit-form (from origin), but through
their evolution, they both went their own way, these Impulse Spirit-forms.

Thus, those so-called biologists...are not really quite on target, I would
say, compared to Billy's information/materials.

Edward.

Ramirez

Post Number: 330
Posted on Friday, November 20, 2009 - 07:25 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Edward.

Australian Aboriginals were able to vote, be counted in the census and given opportunities to make claims regarding land rights after a historic 1967 referendum where over 90% of voters supported these basic human rights.

I think the term non human was perhaps applied right from the start of colonization from 1788 by the typical commercial - religious interests active throughout the world who simply needed excuses to demonize and evict natives from land they occupied ..... way before any white man set foot on it.
Cheers.

Justsayno

Post Number: 30
Posted on Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 09:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/TransgenicMeat.php
The inability of the US regulatory agencies to prevent contamination of the food chain with potentially poisonous transgenic plant and animal products has reached scandalous heights.

Within recent months, we’ve learned that transgenic pharm crops have contaminated food crops, and a transgenic papaya was approved for commercial production even though it contained a transgenic protein whose amino acid sequence is identical to a known allergen.

Now, the US Food and Drug administration (FDA) reports that the University of Illinois has marketed 386 pigs that were the progeny of transgenic animals. The FDA report indicates that the marketed animals had not been adequately tested for the presence of transgenes, and fails to give details of the transgenes in the experimental animals. It states its belief that the incident was an isolated one, and that the transgenic products posed no health risks. The FDA report is not entirely forthcoming or truthful; indeed, it reads more like a public relations text on behalf of the corporations than a serious public information document.

Andrew Pollack reported in the New York Times that some of the transgenic animals had the gene for insulin-like growth factor, but that the FDA still believed such genetic modifications posed no health concerns to those who have consumed meat from the transgenic animals. Pollack also contradicted the FDA’s claim that the present case was an "isolated incident". In 2001, transgenic animals had been butchered and turned into sausage.

The FDA’s claim that there is no health concern associated with consumption of transgenic animals containing insulin-like growth factor is truly bizarre. Insulin-like growth hormone is a wellknown cancer promoter, as is documented in an editorial report published in the British Medical Journal in 2000. The cancers associated with high insulin-like growth factor include colorectal and breast cancer. The transgenic pork poses a real and immediate danger of cancer promotion for consumers.

Let’s now turn to the famous earlier sale of transgenic pork that was ignored by FDA. In 2001, carcasses from transgenic pigs created at the University of Florida were sold for human consumption rather than being incinerated even though they had, in addition, been treated with barbiturate drugs and chloroform. Some meat was turned into sausage and consumed by a number of people.

A report from Agence France Presse English Reuters treated the episode with dismissive levity, calling it the "Wurst-case Scenario" and quoted a lady, who ate five pounds of the transgenic sausage, pronouncing that it "tasted real good".

A more professional Gainsville Sun reported that the pigs had been injected with barbiturates to kill them, before the carcasses were sold to a local butcher who made sausages from the meat. The butcher was quoted as saying that, "we only ate a little bit of it, we threw it out because it did not taste right". But then, the butcher also said he took the remainder of the sausage to the home of a friend whose funeral was in progress, and it was consumed by the friends of the deceased.

Neither government regulators nor journalists have come to grips with the hazards of transgenic foods. As is clear in the present case, many of the transgene products themselves could be dangerous.

But a more insidious danger is the exposure of the public to transgenic DNA, which has the potential to cause cancer by jumping into the genomes of cells. The first two cancer victims among the handful of successes of gene therapy, identified within months of each other, ought to serve as a warning. As we have repeatedly stressed, the transgenic constructs used in gene therapy are essentially the same as those used in making transgenic plants and animals, and carry the same risks.

Our government regulators have not been doing their job. But the worst offenders are the scientists in universities who should have known better than to have allowed the transgenic animals and carcasses to be sold as food.

Justsayno

Post Number: 31
Posted on Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 09:30 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://blogs.america.gov/science/tag/transgenic-goats/
Generating transgenic animals is standard practice in research labs – I generated a strain of transgenic zebrafish as part of my postdoctoral work, and I’m hardly a scientific pioneer. Recombinant insulin (such as Lilly’s Humulin), produced by transgenic E. coli bacteria, is used to treat diabetes, but Atryn is the first FDA-approved drug produced from transgenic livestock, whose sole function is to produce medicine.

http://www.allbusiness.com/technology/711225-1.html
AviGenics, Inc. (Athens, GA; 706-227-1170) announced that it has been awarded a key patent in Europe for generating transgenic poultry. The patent, previously allowed in the United States, covers what can be described as "Windowing Technology". The technology involves creating an aperture
or "window" through an egg's shell for the purpose of introducing foreign genetic material into the egg. Combined with other AviGenic proprietary technology and know-how, this "Windowing Technology" forms the basis for creating transgenic chickens.

http://www.gmotesting.com/GMO_Testing.html?gclid=CKi6pJfH-5kCFRo-awodMk4oLQ
commonly recommended or required approach is to screen for any biotech crop or material derived thereof by the detection of genetic elements that are shared between virtually all commercialized agricultural GMOs. The two best- known examples are the 35S promoter from Cauliflower Mosaic Virus (CaMV) and the NOS terminator from Agrobacterium tumefaciens. These are widely used, well-characterized elements, which direct the expression of the biotechnology genes they reside in. These tests will work on most matrices: corn, feed pellets, soybeans, corn starch, maltodextrin, seasonings, vitamins, beverages and all finished food.
This method is widely accepted as the most efficient way to screen for GMOs. Additional screening tests may be advisable for different commodities and ingredients. A variety of screening tests besides 35S promoter and NOS terminator are available at Eurofins GeneScan. Please contact our experts for more information about devising the best testing strategy for your product.

http://www.ethicurean.com/2009/04/16/ucs-report/
Released yesterday, the report, “Failure to Yield: Evaluating the Performance of Genetically Engineered Crops,” was authored by Doug Gurian-Sherman, a plant pathology and molecular biology PhD (who, it should be noted, works for a progressive nonprofit). Gurian-Sherman took two decades of peer-reviewed research on GE crops and analyzed how much the technology has actually increased yields over time. Then he compared those gains to the yield improvements that scientists have achieved using traditional crop breeding and other non-GE techniques. The two dozen GE crop studies he analyzed, which covered herbicide-tolerant corn and soybeans and Bt corn (which is engineered to be resistant to pests) showed pretty stunning results.
And by “stunning,” I mean stunningly lame.

http://www.counterpunch.org/rosenberg01262007.html
January 26, 2007
So Long Factory Farms, Hello Cloned Meat
From Designer Hens to the Transgenic Omega-3 Pig
By MARTHA ROSENBERG
"I prayed for something red and shiny to get around town in," reads the caption on a squiggly New Yorker-like cartoon, "and got this raincoat."
That's how food activists must feel at the end of a mixed year.
They asked for an end to the intensive farming conditions that cause mad cow disease and researchers gave them--a prion free cow. (The bad news? It's safe to make cows cannibals again. The good news? Ranchers can save money by "recycling" their dead.)
They asked for an end to egg laying hens packed in overstuffed cages over ammonia reeking pits and researchers at the Dolly the sheep institute gave them--"designer hens" with synthetic substances in their eggs like interferon b-1a and miR24.
("Hundreds of birds" will be bred from a single cock once the correct gene is in place says lead scientist Dr. Helen Sang who has "modified" over 500 birds so far).
They asked for pigs that don't, as the Seattle Post Intelligencer Editorial Board put it, "Spend their entire lives ignorant of earth or straw or sunshine, crowded together beneath a metal roof standing on metal slats suspended over a septic tank" their tails docked with "no anesthetic," and researchers gave them a cloned, transgenic omega-3 pig for a trumped up omega-3 shortage.
(People can "continue to eat their junk food," enthused one pro transgenic pig scientist. "You won't have to change your diet, but you will be getting what you need.")

http://www.ilcfar.org/research/swine.pdf
Outcomes: As a result of C-FAR support, the University of Illinois was the first in the county to obtain FDA approval for the introduction of transgenic animals into the food supply, although not into the human food supply as yet. We have also been able to garner ~ $2.5M dollars in extramural grant support from the United States Department of Agriculture, the National Institutes of Health and private industry.

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/document/activities/cont/200811/20081126ATT43065/20081126ATT43065EN.pdf
While I am extremely proud of the scientists I work with, I do not pretend that we are in
any way distinctive in our training. Many of the world’s most renowned plant scientists
reside within the Max-Planck Institutes of Germany, the UK’s John Innes Centre,
Wageningen University in the Netherlands, the INRA Centers of France (including the
Centre de Bordeaux from whence we recently hired our new metabolic biochemist), the
University of Wroclaw (vrot-swaf) in Poland (where a graduate of my own laboratory
serves on the faculty), Stockholm University and the Umea Plant Science Center in Sweden,
to name just a few. What might distinguish us is that we are unencumbered in opportunities
to pursue agricultural innovation that includes biotechnology, from the initial
gene discovery to field implementation, we are encouraged and rewarded for such innovation,
and we are able to broaden the scope of our impact commercially in a climate of
openness and public acceptance of such research innovation. This is not yet the atmosphere
for agricultural biotechnology research in Europe.
However, with so many changes emerging in the world’s economy, resource distribution,
climate and food supply, this may be the time when the public reassesses previous opinions
regarding the integration of biotechnologies to our agricultural systems. We now
have over twenty years of detailed scientific research in transgenic crop technologies.
This, coupled with newly available genomic sequence data, powerful genome analysis
tools, and an influx of new funding opportunities and attention aimed at impacting agricultural
research for developing countries, brought about by the Bill and Melinda Gates
Foundation, may usher in new public perspective on the role of transgenic technologies,
integrated with modern approaches to plant breeding, and directed toward expanding
worldwide potential for producing low cost food, renewable fuel, and cash crop profitability

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/20/business/20crop.html?_r=1&partner=MYWAY&ei=5065
An E.P.A. scientific advisory panel plans to hold two meetings next week. One will consider a request from Pioneer Hi-Bred for a new method that would reduce how much of a farmer’s field must be set aside as a refuge aimed at preventing insects from becoming resistant to its insect-resistant corn.
The other meeting will look more broadly at insect-resistant biotech crops.
Christian Krupke, an assistant professor at Purdue, said that because outside scientists could not study Pioneer’s strategy, “I don’t think the potential drawbacks have been critically evaluated by as many people as they should have been.”
Dr. Krupke is chairman of the committee that drafted the statement, but he would not say whether he had signed it.
Dr. Niebur of Pioneer said the company had collaborated in preparing its data with universities in Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska, the states most affected by the particular pest.
Dr. Shields of Cornell said financing for agricultural research had gradually shifted from the public sector to the private sector. That makes many scientists at universities dependent on financing or technical cooperation from the big seed companies.
“People are afraid of being blacklisted,” he said. “If your sole job is to work on corn insects and you need the latest corn varieties and the companies decide not to give it to you, you can’t do your job.”

http://www.ilcfar.org/research/outcomes09.pdf
Swine research spins off new company and 15 patents
Research in transgenics, stem cell, and microfl uidics in swine has generated 15 patents. A startup
company, Vitae, LLC., which has received support from the U.S. Department of Agriculture and
National Institutes of Health, has licensed the technology.
“Developing new technologies is crucial in assisting pork producers in Illinois and the United

http://www.isb.vt.edu/articles/jun0604.htm
In 2004, we started our collaboration to generate fat-1 transgenic pigs by cloning. Our team also included Dr. Kang's group from Massachusetts General Hospital and Dr. Evans's group from the University of Pittsburgh.

http://www.genome.iastate.edu/pigs/community/NRSP8/2008/CoordinatorReport.html
Old Objectives:
1. Develop high resolution comparative genome maps aligned across species that link agricultural animal maps to those of the human and mouse genomes; 2. Increase the marker density of existing linkage maps used in QTL mapping and integrate them with physical maps of animal chromosomes, and 3. Expand and enhance internationally shared species genome databases and provide other common resources that facilitate genome mapping.
Future Activities:
Objectives from the recently renewed NRSP-8 term (10/01/08-09/30/13) are 1) Create shared genomic tools and reagents and sequence information to enhance the understanding and discovery of genetic mechanisms affecting traits of interest; 2) Facilitate the development and sharing of animal populations and the collection and analysis of new, unique and interesting phenotypes and 3) Develop, integrate and implement bioinformatics resources to support the discovery of genetic mechanisms that underlie traits of interest. To meet these new goals major activities include helping facilitate and sharing use of the 60K SNP chip in 2009. Further development of a shared PRRS population is ongoing. New bioinformatic tools will also be developed. Constructive suggestions from researchers to help this coordination and facilitation program grow and succeed are appreciated.

http://dandelionsalad.wordpress.com/2008/04/13/letter-to-hillary-about-monsanto-connections-020308/
This letter was written over a year ago, follow the links.

http://www.genome.iastate.edu/

One story, two versions, who do you believe?
http://www.monsanto.com/monsanto_today/for_the_record/percy_schmeiser.asp
http://www.percyschmeiser.com/conflict.htm

http://www.bape.gouv.qc.ca/sections/mandats/prod-porcine/documents/Prod42.pdf

http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/Industry/Martek-gets-novel-foods-go-ahead-for-China

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-sci-clone16jan16,1,3380564.story?page=2&cset=true&ctrack=3&coll=la-headlines-nation

http://www.swinegenomics.com/
Welcome the Swine Genomics Program at the University of Illinois! This site was designed to provide access to research and training opportunities associated with our program. As you will see, this site provides updates to our activities as well as international efforts associated with the pig genome sequencing initiative, porcine functional genomics, the characterization of complex traits, and the utility of the pig for biomedical research.

http://www.swinegenomics.com/research.php
Schook Laboratory
Our laboratory is focused on creating biomedical and life sciences experimental models through comparative genomics. We are developing technology platforms and biological models for the life science community to resolve complex traits and diseases. Comparative genomics allows us to capture the genetic basis for a phenotype (trait or disease) across species (from fruit flies, worms, mice, and pigs to man). Thus, our laboratory has focused on the following specific aims:
1) Creating comparative genomics information to exploit biological information across species
2) Creating technological platforms to permit the identification and utilization of genetic diversity
3) Creating biological platforms (cell lines, tissues and animals) to elicit regulatory pathways associated with stem cell differentiation, development and disease.
Currently we have three major research thrusts ongoing that include:
Animal Models for Complex Traits and Diseases
In order to support our interest in comparative phenomics, canine, murine and porcine models have been developed. These focus on the effects of age and diet on health, cancer biology, and innate immune responses. Through the use of recombineering, targeted gene trapping technologies and gene expression profiling, these animal models are being evaluated for their utility in understanding complex physiological responses across species.
Swine Genome Project
Our program is coordinating the International Swine Genome Sequencing Consortium that is developing a complete physical map of the pig to support genome sequencing and comparative genomics. In addition, we have targeted regions controlling either complex traits (QTL) or putative homologues of human diseases to characterize.
Regenerative Biology and Tissue Engineering
Genomics provides insights into gene expression during development (temporal and spatial) that can be used to dissect mechanisms of regeneration and the differentiation of stem cells. Our laboratory is leading efforts in the new Institute for Genomic Biology in an innovative interdisciplinary approach to harvesting gene expression information to create design rules for stem cell biology, regenerative medicine and tissue engineering. These investigations include utilization of laser capture microscopy, construction of microfluidic devices and the development of comparative phenomics to dissect regeneration using the mouse, pig and planeria models.
Extramural funding from the U.S.D.A. Competitive Grants Program, the NIH, private agencies, industry, and special grants support our laboratory.

Redbeard

Post Number: 148
Posted on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 08:03 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I look forward to the plants that have the protein we need so as to put an end to the slaughter of the animals.

I was raised on a farm till 6 yrs. old and witnessed many animals being killed for food of course. At that young age it was really embedded in me the memories of the suffering and dying creatures. I'm not an activist and enjoy a good steak or TURKEY as many do, but I feel better not eating large quantities of any type of meat.

I have noticed that although animals don't have evolutive abilities they are or can be quite emotional if provoked or stimulated.

Peace to us all on this planet, man or beast, Matt
Peace, Matt

Indi

Post Number: 362
Posted on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 11:28 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Matt
plants that provide protein and vitamins and minerals, both essential and nonessential for humans, and suitable for human consumption are already here on the planet.

Spirulina and other algaes provide the above.
Billy and Quetzal discussed this in Block 5, contact 228, around page 471.

Even though at this point in time, many people know about Spirulina, it is mostly used as a supplement only by those who consume it. It can be used as a more substantial part of one's diet though, and I would suggest you look into it further. It is not a very expensive food in the scheme of things, if you buy it in bulk. I personally quite like the taste of it, but there is a balance required to reduce the 'green' taste that will be an individual thing.

Chlorella is another that is of use, but not so universally as Spirulina, as chlorella can be deleterious to males if consumed too regularly.
It has the added bonus of being a good chelator.

Robyn

Redbeard

Post Number: 149
Posted on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 06:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Robyn, I will check into what you have spoken about, I am in a constant upgrade of lifestyle so as to enhance my spiritual capabilities and consciousness abilities. I have not been a well person most of my life and am now starting to enjoy energy and concentration levels that are allowing me to experience understandings and perceptions that to this point were only fleeting and momentary.

I am also doing a series of liver cleanses that have helped tremendously with clarity of thought and energy levels.

I will look at what you mentioned and see how it works for me.
Peace, Matt

Markcampbell

Post Number: 300
Posted on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 06:11 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Matt ;

I would like to recommend Cilantro / Coriander to you , for liver health.

Mark

Justsayno

Post Number: 38
Posted on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 09:34 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Matt, I remember those days too. But if you think about it, they were killed humanely. Not like now, where they just CO2 them and start cutting, technically they're not even dead yet.

I would advise you to quit eating black pepper. It is harder on your liver than alcohol because of the way it is processed. Use white pepper instead, it takes a little while to get used to, and you don't need as much. The other three things I would switch is salt (to organic sea salt - from the salt beds of Utah), sugar to organic cane syrup (which comes in granuals like regular sugar), wheat flour to organic wheat flour. Regular wheat is fertilized, insecticided, fungicided and herbicided and I just found out the crop is actually killed before harvesting it. Last year one of my farmers told me that his wheat (seed from Monsanto) has had bugs in it for the last 3 years. So it had to be fumigated too. If you're like me, I switched from white bread to brown bread to 60% whole wheat to 100% whole wheat, but couldn't figure out why I kept on getting acne. I went to the health store and the lady told me I was allergic to wheat. No way, I'm not allergic to anything. But I took her advice and quit eating anything with wheat in it and started eating organic rye bread. My face cleared right up.
Also an animal health representative from Pfizer let it slip that viagra was originally tested out on bull cattle during artificial insemination. Makes you wonder if you were getting that little bit extra from your steak, lol. Believe me, the store bought stuff hasn't tasted or smelled the same for about 25 years. Mid '70's was when I first saw the growth hormone appear, a little capsule attached to the calf's ear. I buy my meat from farmers I know and trust.

Keep in mind that if your having problems with your liver, you may have a lot of anger. As that seems to be the organ where we stuff all our anger into. The best way to straighten out your anger is to start from the beginning of your life and split it into segments of 5 years. Write down 5 things that happened that were great and 5 things that happened that weren't so great. Once you have everything written down, try and figure out how the not so great things still affect you to this day. Now forgive yourself for what happened and please forgive the other people involved. Sometimes they just don't realize what they said or did affected you so much. Forgiving is the key to moving on.

Freddy3980

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 08:47 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Article about lifespan:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8390055.stm

Getknowledge

Post Number: 76
Posted on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 01:50 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im not sure what this mean. New human species yet to be created on earth?

Talmud of Jmmanuel page 20:

What was told during the 40 days and nights of Jmmanuel's Arcanum 2000 years ago -

30. "Their bodies were white as snow and red as the rose blossom, their hair at the top of the head and the beard white as wool and their eyes beautiful. 31. "The human species will now retain their inherited beauty and propagate it further. 32. "But in the course of centuries and millenia they will mix with other human species of the Earth and skies, so as to generate a new human species and special races, as the celestial sons did with the Earth people.

"as the celestial sons did with the Earth people" so they cant can be talking about what was already done.
Tien

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page