Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through February 16, 2011

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Planet Earth » Aging, Aggressive Genes & Human Health » Archive through February 16, 2011 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Lth

Post Number: 60
Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 01:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> Sitkaa what does that have to do with FIGU???

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 529
Posted on Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 05:14 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sitkaa: “Why do men build rockets, and then shoot them off?”

Well, I suppose Freud would have a field day with the symbolism going on there. But I’m not touching it with a ten-foot pole… even though sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. :-)

Sitkaa

Post Number: 330
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 04:29 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"> Sitkaa what does that have to do with FIGU???"
- Lth

My apologies, I thought the analogy was somewhat obvious. It does seem genetically inborn that men will try to escape their cage, Planet Earth, through their irrepressibly innate antics.

Kinda like watching birds learning to fly, mankind is at it again and again, learning to build rockets and spaceships and whatnot.
Love is always the way

Lth

Post Number: 71
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 04:42 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> no worries Sitkaa :-)

Justsayno

Post Number: 295
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2010 - 05:01 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vitamin D found to influence many diseases
http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Health/20100823/vitamin-d-genes-100823/
Good, better, best. May you never rest, until your good is better, and your better best.

Andyv24

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 01:29 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hello hello, new to the forum. This article couple years old but didn't see it posted in the archive, just wanted to make sure you folks were aware of this one... pretty cool.

http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/home/Frontpage/2007/01/08/01288.html

...About ancient alien manipulating human dna... and a Billy mention...

Thanks
Andy

Darren

Post Number: 267
Posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 - 12:02 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Justsayno for that very informative article on Vitamins or be it on Vit-D. I'm a little surprised the Mods (guess-Robyn) allowed it to go through because other times they don't. I assume it was only because they might have known that that particular information on Vit-D was probably true and important and worth posting. Thx 4 letting it go through because I feel that info was useful for me to know.

Andyv24, welcome to the forum and thanks for that interesting link too.

-----------
Darren, the post got through because I did not have time to go to the link and read it :-)

Now that you have drawn my attention to it, it is clear that it is not to do with the topic 'Aging and Aggressive Genes'.

Whether it is an important article on Vit D or not, is not relevant to it being on topic and thus in line with the forum guidelines.

The Plejaren and Billy have written about our lifespan interference, and our genetic manipulation in favour of aggression, and that is what this topic is about. If there are new findings to do with this and undoing those limitations, then these are what are relevant to this section.

Please only continue with on-topic posts.

Robyn

(Message edited by indi on August 31, 2010)

Justsayno

Post Number: 298
Posted on Tuesday, August 31, 2010 - 01:20 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Andy, welcome! Yes I have seen that article, it may have been posted here already by Dyson or Vivienne (gaiaguys). I honestly feel that Michael Sala is a little "off" on his claims.

Hi Darren, I find the whole vitamins interesting in that at one point in history, humans were able to produce Vitamin D themselves. But due to a genetic manipulation, it was no longer possible. My sister told me about Vitamin D years ago, she said it was the only reason she is still married, otherwise she would have been too crabby to live with. I've also noticed that in the last 3 years, doctors have been prescribing it more and more.

Hi Robin, thanks for allowing this post and I do feel it is in the right area. A lack of Vitamin D does produce aggressive behavior (along with depression). Unfortunately testing for nutritional deficiencies is not something that a lot of doctors actually do.

----------
Sheila, have I not made this clear? As I said previously I did not approve it and still don't. It slipped through.

This topic is for discussion of the manipulated aggressor genes as discussed in the contact notes, and I don't agree that your version of the history of human vitamin D production is necessarily correct or relevant to that. I think it is a big stretch to include it in this topic and really it is off-topic!

Robyn

(Message edited by indi on August 31, 2010)
Good, better, best. May you never rest, until your good is better, and your better best.

Justsayno

Post Number: 299
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2010 - 08:39 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Robin my original article said that vitamin D has the ability to influence over 200 different genes. You don't think one of these genes holds the key to reversal of the aggressive gene? I could be wrong, but am sure that Billy takes vitamin D (because it's in the multi-vitamin that he takes). You are entitled to your opinion, just like I am. Hopefully the full genome report will shed more light.

Indi

Post Number: 535
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2010 - 07:11 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sheila,

The article you linked in your post had nothing to do with Vitamin D research and its link to aggression. If you had linked such an article, it would have then been more relevant.

There are somewhere between 20,000 and 40,000 genes in the human body, and as you know they are still trying to work it all through.

There is scant research showing links between Vitamin D and aggression, but much more to do with depression and as you read in your own linked article, with a host of diseases. This however, does not necessarily point to the 'aggresor genes' as mentioned in the contact notes. That is a big leap for you to make.

What I write is not my opinion, it is stating the fact that your original post was not relevant to the topic.

Whether Billy, you or I take Vitamin D also has nothing to do with this topic either or the reasons your post was not relevant.

One job of the moderators of this forum is to keep the posts relevant to the topics which also prevents people going off on a tangent with ideas.
Discipline is always an issue on forums of this kind, due to the specific nature and breadth of subjects found in the material. Even so, it is for the benefit of all, that we make a decision somehow as to what is relevant and what isn't, even if others do not agree.

I have spent quite a bit of time discussing this vitamin issue with you and others on this forum, and don't understand why I am still having to spend this time on it!

If you want to offer your opinion on the possible link that Vitamin D has with the 'aggressor genes' described in the contact notes, with some references, then by all means do so. But, so far you have done nothing of this kind.

Please take this post as a final in this discussion.

Robyn

Johnboy

Post Number: 58
Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 11:00 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found this article that was released yesterday regarding "Telomerase activation" with a compound the researchers named TA-65. This Telomerase-activating compound "puts researchers on the 'cusp of curing aging'". Here is an excerpt of the article...

For many scientists who know about such things, the question isn’t whether the first person to live forever has been born, but how old they are. The basis for this belief is that, if a person can survive the next 20 or 30 years, then breakthroughs in biotechnology will easily allow them to extend their lifespan – not to mention their quality of life – to 125 years. From that point, the advances will keep coming to allow the prolonging of life indefinitely. One of the first steps towards such a reality has just been announced by a group of researchers who have discovered the first compound that activates an enzyme called telomerase in the human body.

"Clock of aging"
A region of repetitive DNA at the end of a chromosome called a telomere, which protects the end of the chromosome from deterioration, is thought to be the "clock of aging" contained within the human body. Many scientists believe that the limit on lifespan and decline in health is imposed by the gradual shortening of our telomeres that occurs with every cell division. It has been repeatedly demonstrated that a human cell that does not undergo telomere shortening will divide indefinitely and is, by all available measurements, immortal.

Now researchers at Sierra Sciences, in collaboration with colleagues at TA Sciences, Geron Corporation, PhysioAge, and the Spanish National Cancer Research Center (CNIO), have discovered the first compound that activates telomerase – an enzyme that lengthens telomeres – in the human body, potentially opening the door to arresting or even reversing the aging process.

The source of this information is here:

http://www.gizmag.com/telomere-activating-compound-to-arrest-aging/16359/

Mizarcubed

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2010 - 09:05 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings all,
Andy most interesting article, I for one am glad for the Genome project and the uncovering of the background of proof and leads to greater discussions with those not familiar with B.E.A.M
As for reversing aging, I wonder how well it would work on those that are massively negative if at all?

James

Justsayno

Post Number: 312
Posted on Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 07:23 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.alive.com/7921a20a2.php
"There is evidence that higher rates of oxidative stress and chronic inflammation may speed this attrition rate. A 2009 study presented in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that women who regularly used multivitamins had longer telomere lengths than women who did not.

Other nutrients may also affect telomere length, as indicated in another study where researchers measured the serum vitamin D concentrations in 2,160 women aged 18 to 79. The researchers found that although increased age was associated with shorter telomere length, higher serum vitamin D concentrations were significantly associated with longer telomere length—even after adjusting for age. The difference in telomere length between the groups with the highest and the lowest levels of vitamin D was estimated to be the equivalent of five years of cellular aging."

Redbeard

Post Number: 195
Posted on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 12:06 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello all,

A question from a discussion I had with my son regarding genetic manipulation in the future. He was of the opinion or understanding from his research on the subject that manipulating someone's genes while alive would not be possible and would result in death.

Has there been any discussion or reference in the meier material related to method or point in a persons life, related to manipulation of humans, that it is only possible to manipulate the egg and sperm before conception, test tube, or perhaps the unborn at a very early stage.

Would we eventually, as I had assumed, that a grown adult could receive the gene manipulation as per the prophecies of Billy and the P's or is it only for those as yet unborn after undergoing correction or further manipulation.
Peace, Matt

Memo00

Post Number: 458
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 09:31 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Matt

i think it may be possible to manipulate ones genes even if adult but obviously we are very far from that. I remember reading that for example there exist the possibility that if an ET marries an earthling (which as far as i know it is something that hasn´t happened, at least not in "recent" times) or other less advanced human then there can be some manipulation so that the less advanced human becomes more intelligent (it has to do with certain brain acids or something like that).

Also i remember that it has been explained that Plejaren detect and correct any abnormality during pregnancy so that the baby is born with a completely healthy body.

Salome

Smukhuti

Post Number: 494
Posted on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 09:28 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Already, the field of Gene Medicine/Gene therapy looks promising. In this approach, the subject is administered medicines which inhibit or accelerate the function of certain genes by releasing certain proteins. I have read that there were some human trials for halting the spread of cancer, HIV etc. Maybe something like this can be useful in the future.
Plus, the Plejaren method of detecting abnormalities during pregnancy could be adopted, but not sure if our medical science is advanced enough to detect these anomalies at a very early stage.
Salome.
Suv

Edward

Post Number: 1964
Posted on Friday, December 31, 2010 - 12:36 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Memo and Suv....

Am also familiar with Proteins playing part even, in certain inhibiting
processing in certain diseases. It is definitely in the Proteins. They can be
very beneficial, I must say.

The last I heard, was that even the Gene that causes Heart Conditions, can be
Altered, to prevent further Heart conditions while the child/individual grows
older.

Sounds promising....

Edward.

Matt

Post Number: 155
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 02:08 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are some cases where people received liver transplants had their blood type group changed after inplant.

Edward

Post Number: 1972
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 12:17 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All....

Forgot to mention:

As what I heard here on a News Health issue: Scientists, here, I think they
mentioned, found the/a Protein...which 'resists' HIV. The case is that,
individuals with this Protein are very rare. They can in no way contract HIV.

The Protein seems to 'battle' the incoming HIV virus. Further studying is
being implemented, to discover more details.

We did once discuss here (years back), why certain people do not contract HIV.
Even in Africa, and other parts of the world, there are prostitutes whom can
not contract HIV. There could indeed, be a link, here....

Edward.

Edward

Post Number: 1973
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 12:24 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Matt....

Am not surprised to hear that.

Very Logical, in such case when we know what for properties the Liver delivers
in its functioning. Filtering as it does....does seem to 'alter' certain blood
cells, etc., as result as, you mentioned.

Edward.

Edward

Post Number: 1974
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 06:40 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Matt, Memo and Suv....

This is just from our own Earth research conducted by physicians in that
field.

As what I can recall from some 2-3 decades ago, is: that a fertilized egg in
the womb of the mother be remover within a period of time. And, a Scan would
be conducted to trace any anomalies in certain genes. This way they can detect
any family diseases, such as cancer, heart conditions, go so on; it was even
mentioned the gene which is related to the same-sex orientation.

It would than be up to the parents to make the choice of determining to remove
the same-sex gene, if they wish, or just let it be and take the child as
he/she is.

Of course, the anomalies such as cancer, heart condition, etc., be removed.

After this 'clean up' job, the egg is than implanted back into the mother's
womb, to further grow into the foetus, and child to be.

Further information was even to manipulated say, the eye color, hair etc.,
even. But, this is another matter of discussion.

Edward.

Cpl

Post Number: 540
Posted on Tuesday, January 04, 2011 - 07:53 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Telomere lengthening to become available?

This is edited from an email received today. Stem cells produced by the company are not embryonic, which are now an anachronism since this company has developed the means to take any cell from the body and create a youthful stem cell from it. Tests have shown they perform as flawlessly as any other youthful stem cell.

Because the email is somewhat private, to protect copyright the name of the company has been edited to XYZ:

"Dr. Michael West....proved last March that he could create totally rejuvenated iPS cells from aged cells. In other words, the telomeres in the iPS cells are restored to full embryonic lengths, along with their associated levels of health. Moreover, he does this using transcription factors other than the telomerase gene….

"Not Just a Theory
I think the most important thing to understand about XYZ's announcement is that they can already do the things they intend to bring to market. They can take cells from you and revert them to youthful iPS cells. They can then shepherd them into becoming the various types of stem cells needed for cardiovascular, blood and immune system rejuvenation.

"This is not theoretical. These are processes that XZY has honed and performs on a routine basis. Moreover, because these cells come from the donor and patient...they create no immune reaction. All XYZ needs now is regulatory approval to begin treating people.

"…. the remarkable thing about regenerative medicine is that it ... is simply the replication of the body's own unique cells and functions, in rejuvenated form. Regenerative medicine is not inventing new therapies; it is discovering the way your body works at peak youthful efficiency and discovering the way to restore those processes. In the case of EPC cardiovascular and blood therapies, all XYZ proposes to do is give you cells identical to cells already in your body, but improved through telomere lengthening. You have cells of various telomere length in your body now, so this poses no known risk. [Bold emphasis mine, Chris]

"In fact, animal studies have shown that the body seems able to recognize healthier (longer telomere length) endothelial precursor stem cells. Or perhaps it is simply that these more functional cells with longer telomere lengths outperform and replace the aged, less functional cells.

"In pioneering studies, West gave cows youthful EP precursor stem cells in a process similar to that used on leukemia and aplastic anemia patients. Some cows had their bone marrow ablated, destroyed via drugs, while a control population did not. In the cows with ablated bone marrow as well as with normal unablated bone marrow, the youthful cells took over."
Chris

Use to the full both your heart and your head; and never lose either.

Earthling

Post Number: 516
Posted on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 06:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Didn't know where to put this article.

I was wondering if these peoples could be descendants of ET or native dwarf races. If anyone can shed light, feel free.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/17/science/17longevity.html?_r=1

"People living in remote villages in Ecuador have a mutation that some biologists say may throw light on human longevity and ways to increase it.
The villagers are very small, generally less than three and a half feet tall, and have a rare condition known as Laron syndrome or Laron-type dwarfism. They are probably the descendants of conversos, Sephardic Jews from Spain and Portugal who were forced to convert to Christianity in the 1490s but were nonetheless persecuted in the Inquisition. They are also almost completely free of two age-related diseases, cancer and diabetes. "

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page