Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through April 05, 2007

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Planet Earth » Aging, Aggressive Genes & Human Health » Archive through April 05, 2007 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Michael

Post Number: 483
Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 08:37 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dplotmach,

What university do you attend? I want to take my presentation into colleges and universities and inform students and professors alike. And I'm not afraid to take on their challenges. Also, my DVD is pretty well laid out for those willing to watch it.

Let me know,
Michael Horn

Phil638

Post Number: 113
Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 01:22 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michael, you aren't showing off to all of us here are you, because we all know here that your not afraid to take on those type of people or afraid to take on those type of organisations that they come from too, and who else wouldn't be afraid either to do that like you too, if they too didn't also have the smartest person in world behind them and didn't have that persons vast knowledge and information that they were presenting too. :-)

phil

Dplotmach

Post Number: 67
Posted on Sunday, September 11, 2005 - 06:36 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Michael! I'm attending the University here in Norway, Trondheim, at "NTNU Dragvoll". Here is the website in english. http://www.ntnu.no/indexe.php.
I will try to get the DVD, when I get enough money. As a student here in Norway, you do not have much money. Things are quite expensive here!

Tjames

Post Number: 108
Posted on Friday, November 18, 2005 - 03:47 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To those interested...

Geneticists claim ageing breakthrough but immortality will have to wait

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/story/0,3605,1645418,00.html

Gene turn-off makes meek mice

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn8337&feedId=online-news_rss20

Both good and both bad! The Aging gene, as stated in the article will create a HUGE PROBLEM with overpopulation, as they assume it's not an issue right now. On the other hand applying these therapies to humans will mean a life 5 times longer and without the negative affects from aging.

The second article covers the erradication of fear in mice through its gene where even the Henoch prophecies and contact 251 discuss that humans and pigs will be created/crossbred to be fearless warriors! This could quite possibly be the tip of the iceberg. However, the mice are still mobile, self learning. But, personally I think we instictively have fear for a good reason, with balanced thinking and living healthy amounts of fear can "instinctively" guide us.
Comments?

Saalome,
Tim

Hunter

Post Number: 204
Posted on Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 08:45 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Humans will eventually evolve into powerful, immortal, Borg-like beings:
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/10/03/BUG8QF0OO81.DTL&type=tech

Another link showing a Cyborg as a potential of future "evolution":
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7348103/

Hunter

Post Number: 211
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 06:36 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/01/0125_050125_chimeras.html

Animal-Human Hybrids Spark Controversy

By Maryann Mott

Scientists have begun blurring the line between human and animal by producing chimeras—a hybrid creature that's part human, part animal.

Chinese scientists at the Shanghai Second Medical University in 2003 successfully fused human cells with rabbit eggs. The embryos were reportedly the first human-animal chimeras successfully created. They were allowed to develop for several days in a laboratory dish before the scientists destroyed the embryos to harvest their stem cells.

In Minnesota last year researchers at the Mayo Clinic created pigs with human blood flowing through their bodies.

And at Stanford University in California an experiment might be done later this year to create mice with human brains.

Scientists feel that, the more humanlike the animal, the better research model it makes for testing drugs or possibly growing "spare parts," such as livers, to transplant into humans.

Watching how human cells mature and interact in a living creature may also lead to the discoveries of new medical treatments.

But creating human-animal chimeras—named after a monster in Greek mythology that had a lion's head, goat's body, and serpent's tail—has raised troubling questions: What new subhuman combination should be produced and for what purpose? At what point would it be considered human? And what rights, if any, should it have?

There are currently no U.S. federal laws that address these issues.

Ethical Guidelines

The National Academy of Sciences, which advises the U.S. government, has been studying the issue. In March it plans to present voluntary ethical guidelines for researchers.

A chimera is a mixture of two or more species in one body. Not all are considered troubling, though.

For example, faulty human heart valves are routinely replaced with ones taken from cows and pigs. The surgery—which makes the recipient a human-animal chimera—is widely accepted. And for years scientists have added human genes to bacteria and farm animals.

Isabellacoca

Post Number: 22
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 09:53 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh my gosh! I cannot believe what I just read the first two lines of your post, Hunter. I am ultimately shocked. Let me explain myself. Have you ever read the book> Gravity> by tess gerritsen, a medical thriller writer? i've read it three times and upon seeing your post on chimeras got my attention. so it really does exist! and wow, i can't believe those people, monster enough to actually combine human and animal genes and such. what is this world coming to?
hunter,
if you haven't read the book> gravity, i strongly and highly suggest you do so and recommend u do so. it's an excellent book and it kind of gives us new light on understanding this chimera. everyone else onto this genome science topic too. an excellent book that grips you to the edge of your seat. i couldn't put the book down.

Isabellacoca

Post Number: 23
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi edward,
referrring to your post number 328 on the previous page of this topic here, i noticed that the 1st senetence in your paragraph, there in capital letters are: IHWH.
What does it mean? and did you intend to mean YHWH?

Hunter

Post Number: 212
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 02:46 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Isabella,
The reason I posted it is because Billy has received information from the Plejarens that misguided scientists will create human-machine hybrids and human-pig hybrids in the future. You can read about these prophecies/predictions in contact 251.

If I have a chance though, I will try to look for the book you mentioned. It sounds interesting.

Isabellacoca

Post Number: 37
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 06:40 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hunter,
Gravity(by tess gerritsen): The story is set aboard the International Space Station NASA, and even though Gerritsen's field of writing is medical thrillers, this is just as much a book about the life in space.This is the story about Emma Watson, her fellow astronauts and her soon to be ex husband and former astronaut Jack McCallum. When a disease breaks out aboard the International Space Station they suddenly faces a threat far more serious than the danger of space travel itself, and Emma and Jack suddenly find themselves in a race against time to find the answers. Answers that will mean the difference between life and death for the astronauts, and as they soon discover it's not only against this new disease they are fighting. Someone knows more of this than is being told, and the truth is being hidden from the people that need to know!
Emma Watson, a brilliant research physician, has been training for the mission of a lifetime: to study living beings in space. Jack, McCallum, Emma's estranged husband, has shared her dream of space travel, but a medical condition has grounded and embittered him. He must watch from the sidelines as his wife prepares for her first mission to the International Space Station.
Once aboard the space station, however, things start to go terribly wrong. A culture of single-celled organisms known as Archaeons, gathered from the deep sea, is to be monitored in the microgravity of space. The true and lethal nature of this experiment has not been revealed to NASA. In space, the cells rapidly multiply and soon begin to infect the crew-with agonizing and deadly results.
A recovery attempt ends in catastrophe; the NASA shuttle crashes, and the space station is left dangerously crippled. Emma struggles to contain the deadly microbe, while back home, Jack and NASA work against the clock to retrieve Emma from space.

But there will be no rescue. The contagion now threatens Earth's population as well, and the astronauts are left stranded in orbit, quarantined aboard the station-where they are dying one by one…

Reading the book-Gravity-will be an experience for you Hunter. Same with everyone else here on this forum.
Salome and love to all,
Isabella Coca

Hector

Post Number: 15
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 11:42 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just liked to ask people if they think the development of genetic science this last half of century has been natural evolution or we have received some kind of hints or help by ET`s.Roswell ET`s in particular.Discovery of the structure of DNA in 1953 by Watson-Crick is sort of suspicious.Since then we have been shifting forward that kind of technology at maximum speed.While congress doesn`t allow development of stem cell techniques(The republicans,ye know) maybe there are military scientist doing whatever they like to human bodies.I know my arguments seem to be nonsense to many but reality is sometimes much harder than any fantasy you can imagine.I apologize for my poor english.My german is even worse , but i`m improving!

Herzliche Grüsse..Regards.

Psycloud

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 04:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is that kind of like those creatures like mermaids and goat and horse people in greek myths?
I am truthful to the extend at which I know the truth.

Rarena

Post Number: 90
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 08:50 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is obvious we are being helped by off planet "similar lifestream" ancestors just by the discription of their homelife...

Case in point: Quetzel, milks cows and eats genetically "grown" rabbit meat. Moral: Be close to the Nature without killing for food.

Tschüs... Love to all...

rarena ô¿ô

Ancient Lyrian coded to Earth peace meditation:
Saalome gam naan ben uurda, gan njjber asaala hesporoona.

Please see here for correct pronunciation: http://www.theyfly.com/salome/salome.htm

English:
Peace be on Earth, and among all beings.

Scott

Post Number: 938
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 09:35 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rarena,

How are we going to eat meat, when we can't kill the rabbit? Isn't plucking an apple from the tree killing it before it falls? We both know, growing meat is not something that will be available to us for some time.

Scott

Rarena

Post Number: 91
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 03:04 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Scott,

It may not be that long before we are buying square rabbit steaks... While at this moment it is prohibitively expensive, Henk Haagsman, Professor of Meat Science at Utrecht University, received a grant from the Dutch government to produce cultured or so called in vitro meat. Have heard he has been sucessful and only a small sacrificial stem cell is used (now deemed illegal) to begin the process.http://www.newsdesk.umd.edu/scitech/release.cfm?ArticleID=1098

Synthetically grown meat is also being used to grow cartilagenous body parts such as ears and noses for prosthetic athestics.

An excellent book that gets one thinking about how to grow organic tissue is called The Body Electric. Such questions as; how is it that a salamander with a complex hand-like structure can grow back after being cut off where a human cannot.

Picking the apple does not kill the tree... but is a sacrifical form of reproduction as is also the case with humans (sperm/egg).

The nice thing about the cultured meat is that there are no adrenal secretions due to fear which creates dangerous catalysts and hormones not to mention virus's like the Mad Cow disease... Creutzfeldt-Jakobs disease caused by prions which don't die till temperatures of 1900°F are reached and by then the steak is pretty well done. Not really my cup of tea...

Mushrooms are really a great substitute for meat. Full of B vitamens, vitamen C and are actually more nutritious than beef with less fat. It is also something to do in rainy weather and the folks that collect them are an interesting and intelligent lot.
Pleurotus
The oyster shell (Pleurotus) (Grows on dead oak wood) are very realistic and taste like a juicy prime rib without the rib. Get a good book or buy it from a reputable source and don't eat too many other wood growing mushrooms especially the orange ones.

Tschüs... Love to all...

rarena ô¿ô

Please see here for correct pronunciation: http://www.theyfly.com/salome/salome.htm

English:

Spaceman

Post Number: 112
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 10:15 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scott, I understand what you are saying. We don't have the technology to genetically engineer meat on the large scale for consumption. The Plejarens have said that eating a vegetarian diet makes one 'light-headed' or not firm in thought? I have known many vegetarians [not Vegans] and don't see that they don't have grounding in their thinking. Does anyone have an example of such a person?

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 347
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2006 - 01:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Spaceman,

If I remember the contact notes correctly, the Plejaren say that strict vegetarianism makes one unrealistically optimistic, whereas eating “too much” meat makes one lethargic. They recommend that the West eat more like the East – less meat, more veggies.

Examples? I’ve done it myself, and I’ve also known so many others that it seems like these characteristics are archetypes! (The happy-clappy herbivore who's life is a ruin, versus the slug-like carnivore asleep in front of the TV.)

Cheers!
Dyson

Melli

Post Number: 175
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 03:15 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found an interesting website explaining a new technology of creating new meat, read for yourself: www.new-harvest.org they are trying to produce meat from taking animal cells and reproducing them in a rich nutrient base substance.
It sounds promising except that hardly anybody heard about it and probably the stock exchange refuted its potentials so the research is slow unfortunately.
I tried to be a vegetarian/more like Vegan and lasted 4 months at which point I felt a 'light' feeling in my head everyday and so I decided that while I am in this body at this stage of my evolution I should resume my meat eating habit.I only have red meat once a week and chicken maybe twice and that's more than sufficient to sustain my dietry requirements and stay healthy. My protein requirements come primarily from organic Tofu and Hummous/Tahini and so on and my body is lighter and my mind clearer.

Rarena

Post Number: 95
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Genome science is often thought of as scary science due to movies showing the negative attributes such as Mary Shelly's Frankenstein.

Mad Cow Disease is now affecting many people with what we call "Alzheimers-like" symptoms and motor function debilitation. In the U.S. we only test about one in three hundred thousand cows to test for this serious disease. So... culturing meat is one option for us carnivores and vegans alike. Vegans need the omega three fatty acids available in flax seed or fish oils... not tasty but necessary.

Being a person who holds life as sacred... especially life that is close to my species (mammals) not killing... is an admirable way to be. So the idea of cloning meat seems like is wonderful use of genome science to prevent disease and promote health.

As Christian said in an earlier post... our first problem is overpopulation}.

Nature will fix our problem... or we can... by opting for smaller families.

Tschüs... Love to all...

rarena ô¿ô

English:

Hunter

Post Number: 238
Posted on Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 11:20 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Plan to create human-cow embryos

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6121280.stm

Spaceman

Post Number: 114
Posted on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 05:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi to all. Dyson, what do you mean by happy-clappy herbivour whose life is a ruin? I know many vegetarians, most people here are and they are optimistic and pessimistic. Also, I don't see cloning as 'natural' way, what would the Plejarens say to a planet like us, who haven't developed such technologies or can't use it on a large scale. Also I see the human body as that which is adapted to eating a herbivorous diet, like not so sharp teeth.

Robert_p

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 - 03:55 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Genes removed from mice make them psycho killers. Could this be confirmation of the possibility of our genetically manipulated past?

Everyone may be interested to read this article. I clipped this from the Newspaper September 28, 2005 (The Vancouver Sun) here in British Columbia, Canada. It is about the removal of a gene in Mice that transformed the once peaceful mice into aggressive killers. This article is definitely an interesting read. This Present day gene snipping is confirmation of our ancestral past perhaps!

I did a look into this scientist, She is part of a project named....I can't believe the Irony of this....

"PLEIADES PROMOTER PROJECT:
Genomic Resources Advancing Therapies for Brain Disorders.

Article Follows:

Killer Mice page 1

Killer Mice page 2

Killer Mice Page 3

The Scientist's web address at the University of British Columbia is :

http://www.cmmt.ubc.ca/simpson/

The Pleiades Project web address is:

http://www.pleiades.org/

Sorry about the small size of Page 2, upload limit was 100kb or less. Save it and enlarge the view in your picture viewing program.

Edward

Post Number: 765
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 03:57 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Robert....Welcome to the FIGU board.

I may have seen the/this Mouse gene snipping on the television once.....

Yes, it does sound very familiar, not!?

Well, as what I have read and followed from Science channels, the last couple of decades or more, concerning - gene snipping -: there are indeed many many Possibilities...within this manipulating(engineering) process(ing).

I even once explained this to some teachers at the school I worked at, and they found it all an odd scenario to comprehend, I must say. It actually 'scared'
them more! Them being mostly from a Catholic/Christian background, and such
mentioned practice...was of course, - Un-Godly works -! NO ONE CAN PLAY GOD!; so to speak, to them.

Well, if it had been done is the past....to human beings, it can truly be done
to any other life species: even a mouse! So, the Doors...have already been
opened, and thus...will only Tempt Man to further expand his knowledge in Gene
Manipulation, and so forth...of any kind...what so ever.

Edward.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page