Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through August 16, 2009

Discussionboard of FIGU » Books and Booklets Area » Kelch der Wahrheit - Goblet of Truth » Archive through August 16, 2009 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, May 29, 2009 - 09:13 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scott,

The first two 'Abschnitte' (segments, sections, or cutoffs), comprise 47 pages, the 2nd of the two being much longer than the first, which is only one page in length.

Salome,

- Matthew

Stephen_moore

Post Number: 93
Posted on Friday, May 29, 2009 - 02:36 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Scott

I think Billy would be very concerned about the accuracy of the translation. I will keep my eyes open on the FIGU websites.

Thanks
My Website - www.ufofacts.co.uk

Borthwey

Post Number: 118
Posted on Friday, July 31, 2009 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have noticed that the english translation of "Eine wichtige Nachricht an den Leser dieser Schrift" in page 3 of GobletTruth1-4.pdf ommits the reference to the presence of the evolution code on the german texts:

Eine wichtige Nachricht an den Leser dieser Schrift

In alle deutschsprachigen Geisteslehre-Texte von Billy ist ein Evolutions-CODE eingewoben. Dieser Code ist nur dann vollständig wirksam, wenn von Anfang bis Ende des Textes jedes Wort an seinem richtigen Platz steht und fehlerfrei geschrieben ist.
Der Code löst von den Speicherbank-Bereichen Impulse aus, die den Leser treffen und in ihm evolutiv zu wirken beginnen. Dieser Vorgang ist unbewusst und hat nichts zu tun mit einem Zwang oder mit Manipulation, sondern allein mit dem Wissen, das in den Speicherbänken für alle Zeiten festgehalten ist und das bei der Auslösung durch entsprechende Impulse sehr langsam wieder ins Bewusstsein durchzudringen beginnt.
Diese Wirkung tritt auch dann ein, wenn jemand den deutschen Text liest, der der deutschen Sprache nicht mächtig ist. Dabei spielt es keine Rolle, ob der Text leise oder laut gelesen oder ob er einem vorgelesen wird.
Die deutsche Sprache stammt aus dem Alt-Lyranischen und weist die genau gleiche Anzahl Buchstaben pro Wort auf. Beispiel: Salome = Friede, Urda = Erde. Es ist ‹Billy› Eduard Albert Meier nicht möglich, den Code in einer anderen als der deutschen Sprache einzubauen, weil sich keine andere Sprache für die Code-Aufnahme eignet.
Zudem muss berücksichtigt werden, dass viele Worte der deutschen Sprache in andern Sprachen nicht existieren, weshalb alle fremdsprachigen Übersetzungen den Sinn des deutschen Originals nur unvollständig wiedergeben können. Aus den obgenannten Gründen ist jeder fremdsprachigen Übersetzung einer Schrift von Billy der deutsche Originaltext beigefügt.

An important message for the reader of this document (my translation)

There is an evolutionary code imbedded in all of the Spiritual Teachings which have been writen by Billy in the german language. This code is only fully activated when from the beggining until the end of the text, each word is written without any mistakes and in its proper place.
The code releases impulses from the memory banks, that the reader intercepts and which trigger in him the working out of an evolution. This process is unconscious and has nothing to do with coercion or manipulation, but only with the knowledge which is stored in the memory banks since the beggining of time, and which by the release of the corresponding impulses, very slowly begins to re-enter the consciousness.
This effect also causes then, that when someone reads the german text, it's not necessary to know the language. That doesn't matter as long as the text is read silently or aloud, or spoken by another person.
The german language comes from the ancient lyranese and it attributes precisely the same number of letters to each word. For example: Salome = Friede, Urda = Erde. It's not possible for Eduard Albert Meier to insert the code in any other language besides german, because there isn't any other language that is suited for the reception of the code.
Besides, one must take into consideration that many words from the german language don't exist on other languages, and for that reason all the translations into other languages of the original german meaning will always be incomplete. Due to these reasons all the translations of Billy's texts into other languages should always be accompanied by the original german texts.

An Important Word Regarding the Translation of «Goblet of Truth» («Kelch der Wahrheit») (as it appears on the pdf)

The rich and flexible vocabulary and structure of the German language makes it ideal for explaining and conveying any subject matter in all of its complexity, nuances and detail. No other language on Earth can match the German language in this regard. Therefore, the English language with its comparatively limited vocabulary, flexibility and structure is, as a
language, a poor one and can never match the high value that is achieved with the German. Unfortunately the English language has a great many meaningless religious words for corresponding neutral German terms. There is also a lack of suitable forms of expression in English which means that the German forms must be expressed in a different way by using synonyms in order to find an appropriate form of expression in English. As a result it is not possible to translate ‹Kelch der Wahrheit› into English and convey everything that is in the original German text. The high value of this work can only be completely expressed and made comprehensible through the German language. The human beings of Earth shall strive to make the German language to the world language because it is the the most valuable of all languages that are in use on Earth.

Corrections and additional explanations in consultation with ‹Billy› Eduard Albert Meier:
Willem Mondria and Mariann Uehlinger

I have often wondered if the "evolution code" was just an expression that was created to stress the fact that the choosing of words and its organization on the text is a very important factor in the message that is being conveyed, and that these often subtle meanings will get lost during translation, even more so if the language of the translation is relatively incomplete.
Which is to say, everyone creates a “code” as they speak or write, which will be evocative to different degrees of knowledges or perceptions, images, memories and feelings, such as is intended through poetry or evocative writings of other kind.

This “translation” on GobletTruth1-4.pdf is implying this same thing, if there isn't another explanation.
David

Markcampbell

Post Number: 223
Posted on Friday, July 31, 2009 - 02:27 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's an astute observation , David , I like the way you picked out the truth that everyone writes in a way that imbues images of let's say , blue dolphins flying through rings of cornflakes , for example .

but that's just the way I write ....

Mark

Cpl

Post Number: 459
Posted on Friday, July 31, 2009 - 06:33 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Posted this in Translations thread but it seems it would be apropos here.

As Goblet of Truth is to eventually go out to the universe at large it would seem of benefit to have a footnote (similar to the other footnotes) describing the "tin god" proverbial meaning and usage in English within the tome. This would also make it clear to all English readers without the need for a re-translation and circumvent any future misunderstanding.

Chris

Borthwey

Post Number: 119
Posted on Saturday, August 01, 2009 - 03:19 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mark, I did say, "to different degrees" (starting in zero).
I was just alluding to the properties of language, or to its possible properties.
David

Norm

Post Number: 1287
Posted on Saturday, August 01, 2009 - 07:54 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Could Billy just add those certain German words that aren't in English to the translated versions. That way he might be able to add the code to the English versions. After all we need to learn those words anyway. Any thoughts?
My Website

Thomas

Post Number: 700
Posted on Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 01:42 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The code doesn't work that way.=A0 It isn't based on the word meanins as I = understand it so much as the number of letters in each word plus other fact= ors.=A0 It cannot be put into any other language on Earth but German and I = believe this might be because German (as I recall) has a distant relationsh= ip with the ET languages once spoken on Earth...
patricksdadinfrance@yahoo.com

Borthwey

Post Number: 122
Posted on Monday, August 03, 2009 - 04:15 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks everyone...
David

Cpl

Post Number: 469
Posted on Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 12:16 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is not a matter of translation but English usage so I'm posting here.

There are three minor points of English usage that seem to have slipped through the proof reading process that nonetheless seem to need correcting. They are:

1. In the Introduction, page LXIII, first sentence, second paragraph half way down the page. "Whoever speaks and teaches the truth with regard to Creation and its laws and recommendations doesn't want to be listened to by you human beings of Earth for a long time, because your belief in all the false religions, sects, ideologies and various false philosophies as well as in politics keeps you imprisoned as if by steel claws."
What this English usage is saying is that the speaker of truth doesn't want to be listened to, which obviously is not the case. Or didn't he want to to be listened to for a long time? I think not. It is rather that he isn't wanted to be listened to by the people.
The "...doesn't want..." above needs to read "...isn't wanted..." It is a common high school error and easy to make and miss in long complex sentences like this.
The sentence surely should read in full: "Whoever speaks and teaches the truth with regard to Creation and its laws and recommendations isn't wanted to be listened to by you human beings of Earth for a long time, because your belief in all the false religions, sects, ideologies and various false philosophies as well as in politics keeps you imprisoned as if by steel claws."

Or it could be the perfect tense "...hasn't wanted to be listened to..."

2. Page 91 106). In English "people" cannot be followed by "is" or "does". It would have to be "people are" and "people do". Or it could be "public is" and "public does". Also "the people" cannot be "it" but has to be "they". Surely if "it" is necessary then "people" would need to be "nation".

Thus "How shall the true prophets teach the people, irrespective of whether the people is knowing or unknowing in the teaching of truth, if the people does not confirm that it wants to be taught by them?" should read, "How shall the true prophets teach the people, irrespective of whether the people are knowing or unknowing in the teaching of truth, if the people do not confirm that they want to be taught by them?"

3. Page 105 197). We know that "what" and "that" are often interchangeable in English usage, but in the first line here "...so that you may reform (clarify) everything what must be done.." should obviously be "...so that you my reform (clarify) everything that must be done..."

These are, of course, not taking into account the translation. It is merely a matter of correct English usage and meaning.

Don't take my word for these. Check with Dyson, Marianne or someone truly proficient in the English language and I'm sure they will confirm these little proof reading slips. These were the only three I found in the whole four-chapter text.

Thanks,
Chris

Use to the full both your heart and your head; and never lose either.

Cpl

Post Number: 470
Posted on Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 06:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marianne and the translation team,

I don't know how else to contact you but here.

In 2. page 91 106) "people" could also read "populace" to keep the "is", "does" and "it" reading correctly in English. I'm presuming, however, that "people" is a better translation of the German than "populace", but you'll know better than I which is better.
Chris

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 121
Posted on Tuesday, August 11, 2009 - 02:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cpl,

In American and older British English, 'people', 'folk', 'team', etc can be treated as a singular whole.

In America it is still common to say 'the people is, does, wants', etc

Although the translation team claim to be using only British English...

Salome,

- Matthew

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 122
Posted on Tuesday, August 11, 2009 - 02:20 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also, they used 'everything what' as in 'alles, was', the common German and older English usage.

Perhaps Billy is going more by logic than by conventional grammar, though.

Johnnybalmain

Post Number: 44
Posted on Tuesday, August 11, 2009 - 09:33 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello All,
First question regarding Goblet of Truth Chapter 2 number 234 part quote - "Creation for their own benefit and to weal of all," - is this just a typo and should it read wealth.
thankyou Peace
John

Indi

Post Number: 332
Posted on Tuesday, August 11, 2009 - 10:05 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Creation for their own benefit and to weal of all,"

it should read something to the effect:
"for their own benefit and for the good of all,"

Good/well-being/welfare etc.....
The German word 'Wohl' can mean wealth, but in this case it is not appropriate in English.

That is my opinion

Robyn

Cpl

Post Number: 471
Posted on Tuesday, August 11, 2009 - 10:30 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Johnny,

"Weal" is a proper word meaning, in this context, "Welfare, well-being, good fortune, prosperity." And also "A source of well-being or good fortune." Shorter OED.

It's not in such common use now. Note the Old English "wela", Old Saxon "welo" and it compares with the Old High German "wela" and "wola").

Thanks, Matthew. As we know Americans say a lot of things that are strictly incorrect.
Chris

Johnnybalmain

Post Number: 45
Posted on Wednesday, August 12, 2009 - 03:36 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All,
This is confusing my Macquarie Dictionary says a weal is a mark or ridge raised on the skin, as from a blow.
Peace John

Johnnybalmain

Post Number: 46
Posted on Wednesday, August 12, 2009 - 03:58 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All
Chapt 2 No 253
Would this be appropriate for today now that we have DNA testing etc. I do notice legal challenges in the news against women by men declaring that they are not the father. I mean it would be appropriate maybe for third world countries where such technology is not available.
Peace John

Cpl

Post Number: 472
Posted on Wednesday, August 12, 2009 - 08:18 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No confusion, Johnny. Yes, that is another meaning of weal in use, but as in my post 471 in the GoT context it is the meaning given there. Your Macquarie is obviously not so comprehensive.

In addition to a few other obscure meanings Webster's Third New International Dictionary gives a similar meaning: "WELL-BEING, PROSPERITY, HAPPINESS, WELFARE -- used chiefly in the phrase weal or woe...." and in "power of determining the ~ or woe of the people -- J.G. Frazer."
Chris

Sanjin

Post Number: 21
Posted on Friday, August 14, 2009 - 04:43 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1. In the Introduction, page LXIII, first sentence, second paragraph half way down the page. "Whoever speaks and teaches the truth with regard to Creation and its laws and recommendations doesn't want to be listened to by you human beings of Earth for a long time, because your belief in all the false religions, sects, ideologies and various false philosophies as well as in politics keeps you imprisoned as if by steel claws."
What this English usage is saying is that the speaker of truth doesn't want to be listened to, which obviously is not the case. Or didn't he want to to be listened to for a long time? I think not. It is rather that he isn't wanted to be listened to by the people.
The "...doesn't want..." above needs to read "...isn't wanted..." It is a common high school error and easy to make and miss in long complex sentences like this.
The sentence surely should read in full: "Whoever speaks and teaches the truth with regard to Creation and its laws and recommendations isn't wanted to be listened to by you human beings of Earth for a long time, because your belief in all the false religions, sects, ideologies and various false philosophies as well as in politics keeps you imprisoned as if by steel claws."

Yes, you are right. But besides that, the sentence is also missing a word to complete the meaning. In the German it states that those who speak the truth are not listened to by the people at all, and will not want to for a long time.

The complete sentence should state:

Whoever speaks and teaches the truth with regard to Creation and its laws and recommendations is not wanted to be listened to by you human beings of Earth for a long time coming, because your belief in all the false religions, sects, ideologies and various false philosophies as well as in politics keeps you imprisoned as if by steel claws."
36.The human is another person, when, surrounded by the rays of the heavenly creational sunrise, the pure delight of awakening nature streams through him.

Cpl

Post Number: 473
Posted on Friday, August 14, 2009 - 08:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Sanjin.
Chris

Markcampbell

Post Number: 226
Posted on Friday, August 14, 2009 - 08:52 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice word-catch , Cpl and Sanjin .

Thanks , Mark

Sanjin

Post Number: 22
Posted on Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 06:45 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:
3. Page 105 197). We know that "what" and "that" are often interchangeable in English usage, but in the first line here "...so that you may reform (clarify) everything what must be done.." should obviously be "...so that you my reform (clarify) everything that must be done..."

My English book states that the word "what" can not have a clearly defined antecedent. The antecedent in this case is everything, but I'm not sure if "everything" is considered as clearly defined. But from my convention it seems like it should be changed to "that must be done". Can someone confirm this?

There should also be some commas in that sentence and many others, but I need to refreshen my memory on comma rules. From what I remember, the comma rules are different from German to English, so one has to be careful to maintain the meaning while using them.
36.The human is another person, when, surrounded by the rays of the heavenly creational sunrise, the pure delight of awakening nature streams through him.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page