Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through February 25, 2010

Discussionboard of FIGU » Books and Booklets Area » Kelch der Wahrheit - Goblet of Truth » Archive through February 25, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 864
Posted on Monday, February 01, 2010 - 01:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Tien,

What sharp eyes you have! :-)

"sondern haltet eure Hände und euer Verlangen danach zurück und fürchtet, dass die von euch Unterworfenen NICHT auf ewig eure Unterworfenen bleiben werden;"

Indeed, only one "NICHT". This seems like a pretty straightforward error in the English to me. I have to email Mariann anyway this morning, so I'll let her know. I don't know if there is some sort of more formal notification-of-errors procedure.

Thanks.

Dyson

Earthling

Post Number: 370
Posted on Monday, February 01, 2010 - 02:54 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tien, it is already clear as written:

"and do NOT assume that the ones you have subjugated will eternally remain your subjugated ones;"

it is NOT necessary to add another negative... or one negative may negate the other, creating a positive or creating confusion.

Getknowledge

Post Number: 107
Posted on Monday, February 01, 2010 - 06:50 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Earthling, the translation was written with the extra "not" so i was confused.

Dyson, no problem. Thanks for all you do.

What is the Truth? As i take it so far (im on chapter 9 now)...we are the living proof (appearance) internally equiped with the tools (thoughts, feelings, psyche) to consciously draw from the primal power (Creation).
Tien

Indi

Post Number: 388
Posted on Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 01:03 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I could be wrong, but I think this passage is saying "Be fearful/afraid that the ones you subjugated will NOT remain your subjects for ever" which is how it translates.

The translator has taken knowledgeable licence to change it to say a very similar thing but in the other polarity --- "and do not assume (instead of 'be afraid')that the ones........"

'do not assume' and the German 'und fürchtet' are the problem here, but I can see what the translator has done.

Robyn

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 871
Posted on Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Robyn,

I also considered that, and I think that the nameless UK professional may also have gone down that road, but Mariann has already accepted it a straightforward error.

As you can imagine, the correction job is a monster - something I'm trying hard to avoid. It will take at least a year. With luck, many of this sort of thing will get found by Billy and Mariann. They are really not terribly concerned about the English version, since the original exists, and our insoluble squabbles in English condemn us to being inadequately capable of understanding each other as to the basis of our respective arguments anyway! If you know what I mean. :-(

And how is your German coming along, Robyn? Could we now converse fluently?

Best!
Dyson

Yoid

Post Number: 77
Posted on Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 05:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I read the book, have I read it at once or I could read it as any other books with pauses(every day part of it).The code works in this way too?
And what is the number on OM book, what does it mean in any way(other meaning)?

Thanks

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 882
Posted on Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 01:58 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Yoid,

Read it the way you'd read any other book. You can even get it read to you via text-to-speech software. The code works as long as it's German.

www.readplease.com

The number in the front of OM refers to the print run. 1 is the first book printed. 500 is the 500th book printed, etc.

Cheers!
Dyson

Johnnybalmain

Post Number: 93
Posted on Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 03:37 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,
I was wondering/suggesting about whether upon completion of the translation into english of kelch der Wahrhiet would it be logical to include a bibliography for easy referencing to a particular subject matter that one might like to refresh their knowledge about. for example subject Marriage then place every chapter and verse number (that has material concerning the subject) written after it.
Just a thought. I do it myself to promote my ability to absorb the teaching, a study aid.
Peace John

Sonik_01

Post Number: 118
Posted on Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 08:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dyson,

Maybe you can post that on the "Learning German" section. I forgot about READPLEASE a long time ago until I saw your post! It was very useful, IMO, for getting the pronounciation down to an undertandable level, and of course, as you mentioned, for the code...

Sonik_01

Smukhuti

Post Number: 188
Posted on Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 11:08 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi John,

Thats the thought I also have. Lets wait for at-least the first 15 chapters to be translated.
Salome.
Suv

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 891
Posted on Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 04:18 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, Sonik_01, will do.

Newtown

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, February 14, 2010 - 11:04 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hello all,

quick question, can the CODE work even if you listen to it while you are asleep?
Hodari

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 953
Posted on Monday, February 15, 2010 - 11:48 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Hodari! (& welcome)

I recall that Billy said that some learning was possible during sleep, but I caution readers about putting too much weight on this code thing.

Conscious study is the way to go, IMO.

Cheers!
Dyson

Davidmg

Post Number: 30
Posted on Monday, February 22, 2010 - 07:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where do we send corrections to the English translations to the K.d.W/G.o.T

Davidmg

Post Number: 31
Posted on Monday, February 22, 2010 - 08:11 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Johnnybalmain

try using the PDF viewer to search the documents for individual words of interest.

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 980
Posted on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 06:39 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Davidmg,

Mariann sent me a form that can be filled out, but I couldn't find out who originated it. I also couldn't properly open it, since it was not compatible with my non-Apple setup. (It was a bit to top-heavy with bells, whistles and inappropriate technology, in my opinion.)

Maybe one of the FIGU officials can help us out here?

She tells me that FIGU is collecting the errors and will then look at all of the collected ones in one hit, so to speak. She said I (?) could collate all of the sensible ones which appeared all over the place on this forum - after first screening them for garbage - and then send them to her someday. I'm not volunteering for that ugly task, but maybe someone in FIGU who can speak German can do that. I'm currently trying to find out whether Marc Juliano can or cannot speak German. Maybe he can do it?

Mariann and Billy are not really very concerned about the translation of the GoT (or anything else) because English is so religiously poisoned and impossible to accurately communicate in, and because the KdW is already out there. And, also, many errors in the original German are being found, not only in KdW, but in OM.

Cheers!
Dyson

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 988
Posted on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 03:54 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I'm currently trying to find out whether Marc Juliano can or cannot speak German."

Marc tells us he can. Christian tells us he can't.

?

Newtown

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 06:40 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thank you for the welcome (dyson)

so wait, are you saying that english is so bad that it will ALWAYS lead to a misunderstanding? I mean granted its a religiously skewed language, but does that mean that there is no point or hope in reading translated documents? that cant be the case as there is still significant effort made in regards to translating texts (its is becoming clear to me that it isnt a top priority) but still. Should i give up all together in reading english and devote all my "study" time to learning german? because if that is the case, why translate anything at all? Once i learn german, (cause its becoming clear that im going to have to ) will i get a different meaning and understanding of texts that i have read in english? because for the most part i think i was understanding what i was reading, but based off what has been said about the language it seems even those english texts have religious undertones. ...

if only the german code helped one learn german. ...
Hodari

Msmichelle

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 08:37 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello and Welcome Newtown,

First of all, no one is an authority on the ENGLISH language. You will need to make the decision based on how the translations effect you. I personally would not be here if it were not for the ENGLISH translations. I agree that no matter what you decide, learning the GERMAN language will only enhance your knowledge of the Spiritual Teaching.

Enjoy

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 997
Posted on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 03:02 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Hodari,

"so wait, are you saying that english is so bad that it will ALWAYS lead to a misunderstanding?"

Yes, in general. But that doesn't mean that learning German will mean that nobody ever has any more language-based misunderstandings, of course.

" ... does that mean that there is no point or hope in reading translated documents?"

No, of course not, just that serious misunderstandings are inevitable, but serious UNDERSTANDINGS should also arise. :-)

"Should i give up all together in reading english and devote all my "study" time to learning german?"

No. I don't think that's wise. But you CAN do as Vivienne and I did, and do both at once. You'll soon run out of English, since only about 5% has been translated.

"Once i learn german, (cause its becoming clear that im going to have to ) will i get a different meaning and understanding of texts that i have read in english?"

Yes indeed you will, if you think for yourself.

" ... based off what has been said about the language it seems even those english texts have religious undertones. ..."

Yes, but for most people, that's all we've got, so it's better than nothing.

Please take the time now to read this brief excerpt taken from the introduction to the American Websters New International Dictionary, (preface dated 1913) which begins to explain the inadequacies of the English language compared to German, under the title, The English Poor in Formation and Inflection.

“Still the formative system of the language has become greatly restricted. It no longer possesses the unlimited power of development from its own resources, which we see in the Anglo-Saxon and in the modern German. If a new word is wanted, instead of producing it from elements already existing in English, we must often go to the Latin or the Greek, and find or fashion there something that will answer the purpose. By this process our language is placed in a dependent position, being reduced to supply its needs by constant borrowing. But it is a more serious disadvantage that in order to express our ideas we are obliged to translate them into dead languages. The expressiveness of the new term, that which fits it for its purpose, is hidden from those who are unacquainted with the classic tongues; that is, in many cases, from the great body of those who are to use it. To them it is a group of arbitrary syllables, and nothing more. The term thus loses its suggestiveness, and the language suffers greatly in its power of quickening and aiding thought.”

Hope this answers you question, Hodari.

Dear Michelle,

" ... no one is an authority on the ENGLISH language."

What makes you say this? I thought there were many authorities, many of whom we have to consult in our difficult work turning Billy's texts into English.

Cheers!
Dyson

Davidmg

Post Number: 33
Posted on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 07:53 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gaiaguysnet

If you have troubles opening any documents I will be glad to give you a hand and convert them to a usable format for you. I use Linux, so there is a variety of programs that I can use.

DavidmG.

Eric

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 08:08 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dyson

Go there
http://www.walkiw.homepage.t-online.de/44888.html

and you will find the text "a brief history of the english language".

Eric Drouin

Newtown

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 11:37 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this is great, i have been looking to find more information on the german-english comparison and how german is the best language.

do u know of any articles or quotes that prove this? as a non german speaker im having trouble backing up the claim that it is the best language,.. I only hear great things about it from german speakers but where could i study what makes a language great, Linguistics ???

but any articles you have (dyson) would be helpful,
Hodari

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page