Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through May 29, 2010

Discussionboard of FIGU » Books and Booklets Area » Kelch der Wahrheit - Goblet of Truth » Archive through May 29, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 1001
Posted on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 03:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi guys and thanks for the info!

Rebecca has been busy since I last checked in. She deserves some links, don't you think, all you FIGU-friendly English-language webmasters out there??

Davidmg: Thanks. You'd be doing FIGU a service if you'd like to make Mariann's GoT-correction document more user-friendly. You should be able to obtain it from FSUSA. I have a copy, of course, but I don't know how to provide public access to it in its current format.

Hodari: I don't have much in my archives about this topic. I generally just surf on out there and try to read what I can about it from non- English language sources. There is a lot of garbage and propaganda about how wonderful English (Babblese) is, but it's full of fustian bombast, obfuscation and facile sophistry. And it is true that most native English-speakers do not even understand their own language, not that I'm going to invent a new one to replace it anytime soon! ;-)

Cheers!
Dyson

Davidmg

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 05:01 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dyson;

Lets see what the document is about and then well go from there. You may use my email and send over the document to xm4a6yq@telus.net

DavidmG.

Redhalls

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 02:28 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,

I don't know why I cannot create new thread. But about Goblet of truth I have a question:

If I don't understand German, and I read the German text will I still get the impulses (as strange as that sounds)?

And even if you go in space, or in deep universe, or visit another planet will these impulses still be reached towards you?

Finally is the OM and Goblet of Truth the same book or is OM something else and only in German currently?

Thanks! I know that question #2 is a bit "weak" :-)

Karl

Norm

Post Number: 1340
Posted on Friday, March 12, 2010 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Karl, They are two different books.
My Website

Spinoza

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 04:16 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Getknowledge, why are you call us Earhtling. We are from same planet.

Savio

Post Number: 644
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 09:52 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear all

I have difficulty in understanding this:

German
Page 216
124. Und damit jene unter euch, welche euren Worten der Lüge und Verlästerung (Verleumdung) nicht ihr Ohr öffnen, euren Worten unfrei (hörig) werden sollt, so erdichtet (erfindet) ihr allerlei falsche Zeichen (Falsch be -weise), auf dass die von euch Belogenen daran Gefallen finden sollen, so ihr von ihnen gewinnen (rauben) könnt von all dem, was sie sich erwerben (verdienen), wie Gold und Besitz

English
Page 217

124) And so that those amongst you, who do not open their ears to your words of lying and slander (calumny), shall fall in bondage to your words, you fabulate (invent) all kinds of false signs (false evidence) so that the ones to whom you are lying shall find pleasure in this, so that you can gain (rob) from them all that they acquire (earn) such as gold and possessions.

It is not reasonable for those who do not listen to lies shall fall in bondage ˇK

Any idea?

Salome

Savio

Edward

Post Number: 1769
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 02:12 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Savio....

Long time no hear...:-)

It IS responsible to NOT listen, Savio.

But, as you read it...it refers to the opposite(?).

I sense, that the translation is not that correct??

"shall fall in bondage to your words," should be: shall 'NOT' fall in bondage
to your words,.....

Perhaps someone can add some additional input??

Edward.

Savio

Post Number: 645
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 07:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Edward

Thanks for the input

Perhaps the original meaning is: "those who do not think carefully about the lies shall fall in bondage ..." ?

Not sure about this ...

Savio

Edmundo

Post Number: 25
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 01:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Savio,

How about this:

And so that those amongst you, who have not yet opened their ears to your words of lying ...

Prophet speak to wrongdoers, that they want to enslave with new lies even those who havent yet fallen into bondage.

but I don't know if it is correct interpretation.

Savio

Post Number: 646
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 11:51 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Edmundo

Thanks for the response

It seems it is hard to understand " ... not yet opened their ears to your words ........ shall fall in bondage to your word ...."

It is quite confusing here ....

Savio

Savio

Post Number: 647
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 11:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dyson

Could you shed some light on this?

Or would it be nice to pass my concern to the translation team?

Salome

Savio

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 1174
Posted on Thursday, April 29, 2010 - 06:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Savio!

(REALLY nice to hear from you again! Any progress with FIGU getting your Chinese translation of Talmud Jmmanuel published?)

I've mentioned in a couple of places on this forum that I do not want, and am unqualified for, the job of correcting either the Goblet of Truth, which SEEMS to me to be full of errors, and even less the Kelch der Wahrheit, which also seems flawed in places. Mariann, who is doing this work, tells me privately that not only do these two texts have several errors, so does the OM.

:-/

There are, reportedly, standardised FIGU procedures somewhere for reporting errors, but I am not really interested in wasting further time on unsuccessfully trying to find out what they are. And if I am dumb enough to embroil myself in this as a de facto FIGU liaison officer for these numerous corrections and deeply detailed translation disputes, I 1.) won't be competent because I cannot know what the FIGU idiolects are and 2.) I won't have any time for a life, let along struggling to help get the truth to light on the forum and finally 3.) if I do it all, nobody in FIGU will. And I'm not even a member.

Sorry if all the above seems like I'm shirking another natural responsibility of mine, but I'm really left with no choice but to draw the line somewhere.

All the very best, dear Savio, and sorry I couldn't help, nor can I direct you to someone in FIGU who can.

(For what it's worth, we have been, and continue to be, disproportionately generous in our financial assistance to the UK professional's translation efforts.)

Salome,
Dyson

(Hot news: chapters 10-20 are immanent)

Savio

Post Number: 648
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2010 - 02:33 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Dyson

Me too! Really glad to have you back to the forum ^_^

Progress? None, I am afraid; there is no way to perform proof reading at this moment.

Perhaps I should start learning German right now and provide my own proof reading of the text after some 10 years time ^_^

Yet, I know my own limitations; while getting aged, my memory is fading out together with my English vocabulary, for me, capturing a new language is like trying to accomplish a job without the right tool.

I fully understand your concern and difficulties on the translation issues ^_^

Well, we all make mistakes, and correcting mistakes makes progress, a little drop here and there helps quenching thirst.

Yes, it would be nice if there is a special thread under the “Kelch der Wahrheit - Goblet of Truth” so that we all can offer our feedbacks where the translators of the book can visit from time to time in the process of perfecting the translation.

Dear Moderators, any comments?

Salome

Savio

Hi Savio,
Might as well use the same topic to post feedback.
Peace, Badr - Moderator

(Message edited by badr on April 30, 2010)

Savio

Post Number: 650
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2010 - 09:54 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Badr

In that case, I have presented my concern in the right place ^_^

I hope the 'Goblet of Truth' translators do visit this thread from time to time and read all the comments ^_^

Salome

Savio

Davidmg

Post Number: 57
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2010 - 06:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Savio;

in response to your post # 644

English page 217

line 124) And so that those amongst you, who do not open their ears to your words of lying and slander (calumny)

*** people who do not listen to themselve as they lie ***

many people are unaware that they lie and therfore their own ears are closed to them
As a result of their lying they feel a sense of pleasure and sadly for which some fall addicted (bondage) to lying. Furthermore many people respond on an emotional level and not a logical level without thinking things through.

Many people would agree that once the emotions kick in reasoning gets the boot.

Hope that helps

Davidmg

Sanjin

Post Number: 140
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2010 - 10:57 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Savio.

I think that it was properly translated, but it is hard to distinguish "what refers to what" in the translation. Also, the "you" in the sentence is meant in plural(It's a flaw in the English language). Maybe if you break it down into parts, it is easier to understand:

124) And so that those amongst you..shall fall in bondage to your words, you fabulate (invent) all kinds of false signs (false evidence) so that the ones to whom you are lying shall find pleasure in this, so that you can gain (rob) from them all that they acquire (earn) such as gold and possessions.

It is one of the prophets talking to a crowd of people and referring to the people who lie and slander. He is telling everyone and talking specifically to the liars (judging them), that the liars make up false evidence to try to mislead even the ones who do not listen to the lies, in order that the liars can exploit the believers of the lies.

An example would be someone like George Adamski who faked his UFO images in order to sell books.

Salome
Love makes the world go round.

Savio

Post Number: 653
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 02:11 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Davidmg and Sanjin

Thanks for your kind response

With your help I now come up with something a bit more meaningful ....

124) And so that those amongst you, who do not open their ears to your words of lying and slander (calumny), shall fall in bondage to your words, [because] you fabulate (invent) all kinds of false signs (false evidence) so that the ones to whom you are lying shall find pleasure in this, so that you can gain (rob) from them all that they acquire (earn) such as gold and possessions.

Those do not listen to the lies yet still can be misled by the false evidence which is more attractive ....

Any comments?

Salome

Savio

Earthling

Post Number: 438
Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2010 - 04:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For those who haven't noticed yet: The next 10 chapters in English have been released.

http://us.figu.org/portal/SpiritualTeaching/GobletofTruth/tabid/161/Default.aspx

Historeed

Post Number: 15
Posted on Tuesday, May 18, 2010 - 09:08 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The FIGU USA website is saying that GOT Chapters 11-20 are temporarily unavailable...does anyone know how soon untill the download will be available again? Thanks!
Historeed

Schantz

Post Number: 110
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2010 - 01:02 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anyone noticed any formating issues with the Goblet of Truth? The numbered sentences are not in sequence, and they jump from German to English and English to German out of order. At least that's what I'm seeing. Christian thinks it's my computer and doesn't think there is an issue with the FIGU USA website. I would appreciate any feedback on this issue.

Thanks

Indi

Post Number: 488
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2010 - 07:08 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It appears to be in order for me.

Techieatwork

Post Number: 121
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2010 - 08:20 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HI Schantz:

It's fine. Use two-pages view (side by side) and you will see the perfect sequence.
Salome
Carlos
--
Billy: Dann sprichst du eben in geraffter Form.
Quetzal: Das will ich tun.

Borthwey

Post Number: 188
Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 02:49 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I suggest that what is now in the first page of the PDF be spread over the first two pages (first page German, second page translation). Or that a blank page be put after the first page. This way, the german pages will appear side by side with the translations when viewed in the two page mode. As it is now, the translation of the German page before appears together with the next German page, which I think is what Schantz is referring to.

I have also noticed that chapters 10-14 and 16-20 are written "Capter".

David
I am a terrestrial

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page