Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

"Celestial Teachings" by James Deardo...

Discussionboard of FIGU » Books and Booklets Area » "Celestial Teachings" by James Deardorff « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Jim Deardorff
Posted on Friday, September 08, 2000 - 06:06 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As author, I should perhaps outline what's in _Celestial Teachings_ (CT). Its first seven chapters give an overview of the discovery of the Talmud of Jmmanuel (TJ) and its general nature.

The next nine chapters present discussions of verses within the Gospel of Matthew along with their parallel verses in the TJ. I present what various biblical scholars have questioned or criticized about a lot of Matthew's verses, and show how their criticisms don't apply to the TJ even though the verse parallels are quite close in some cases. The last chapter summarizes these findings, showing that Matthew was formed from the TJ rather than the TJ being any literary hoax.

There are five appendices, the largest of which gives reasons for believing that the Gospel of Mark came out only after Matthew did. This is included because, for the last century, New Testament scholars have preferred to assume that Matthew did not precede Mark after all.

My website includes an updated and augmented version of CT, with twice as many TJ-Matthew verse comparisons (several hundred). Whether or not you possess a copy of CT, it may be more practical to base any questions and comments you may have upon what's in there:

http://www.proaxis.com/~deardorj

I'd be happy to respond to your questions or suggestions for improvements or corrections.

Jim Deardorff

Kiwilove

Post Number: 35
Posted on Thursday, March 24, 2005 - 02:46 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have been to your site and am impressed by the work you have put into it.
I am overwhelmed by the academic analysis and details - but I guess that must be done so as to be convincing to those in the field of bible history and historacy.
I find the general sections readable enough and am able to understand those fully.

I know that when I try to follow anything about the history of the bible, it gets somewhat confusing with all the details. I guess I need to know where can I get an idiot's guide to bible history? summed up - that is clear to anyone wishing to know broadly the current story about the historical accuracy of the bible?

You need to be clear about this too, with your site, that clear summaries should be available which any interested reader can follow.
Sometimes a teacher forgets what it is like being at the other end - a student, who gets a bit lost amongst the details, who doesn't know where the overview is located at.

I do believe that people in search of 'truth' can arrive at similar conclusions and end up following a similar path, irrespective of what their orientation is.
Most people forget that 'truth' (and facts) have no bias whatsoever, that it (truth) simply exists - and with history, it is how events actually happened, with no spin put on it.
You can look at whatever information is simply presented to you - and that information should speak for itself. Like with christian ideas/philosophy/theology. If it has any truth whatsoever, it will be clear within the material that it sensible and logical. But I get the impression that it lacks just that --- and many others probably tend to agree too, either consciously or unconsciously there is some judgement passed on what is handed to us. Do you believe?
I don't and didn't --- mainly because I could not see 'proof' of any sort down through the centuries of the christian god at work. And christian theology is simply 'illogical'. Once someone tries to present it - it simply appears as 'nonsense'.
However with reincarnation it is a different story - as anyone who has looked into reincarnation will be able to tell you.

I did actually attend some evening classes about bible history some 30? years ago, which I have the notes for, somewhere... I wish I had a transcript of the information that was freely spoken about then.

The truth when presented - does make sense. And it is nice when there is a simple view given of it. Think of it, as zooming back away from it, the details. That is a good way of getting people to understand the information. Present it at different levels. A general broad overview - then a closer view, explaining more details - a more closer view, with even more details - then perhaps a fully comprehensive account which contains all the known information so far. A person new to the material, generally doesn't want to go straight into the very detailed version right away, unless they are academically inclined with a very high IQ.

I don't like christianity at all - it's only in recent years I have awakened to grasp exactly why? And I had to truthfully say - it's all based on a lie (well, actually more than one). Sadly Judiasm and Islam perform similarly badly. They mould you into one of their 'sheep', in which you join their 'YES' club, subscribing to THEIR beliefs, saying 'aye, aye, sir!' to this and that, of their belief system. I don't believe that is the way at all. It has to be truthful, which has to be able to stand up to all manner of questioning and reasoning. And Judiasm, Christianity and Islam don't stand up to such scrutiny.
I'm sorry to have gone on for so long here - but you get the picture now? I'm just providing some feedback and comments. I am new to the Meier material as such, and the Talmud Jmmanuel - but not new to this type of material. I've been thinking over this kind of material over many many many years, and I have a fair idea of exactly what I believe in and why.
I tend to agree with the Talmud Jmmanuel and the Billy Meier material. Not 100% with all of it - but perhaps over time, I will agree more and more?

Harvey

Edward

Post Number: 491
Posted on Friday, March 25, 2005 - 06:17 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Harvey..

Well spoken..I must say.

Yes, I can understand you perfectly...not Acknowledging Billy's material
for 100%. There have been many(even Passive Members as I can recall) that
do agree with many things...and leave a Small percentage, leaving One
Scratching One's Head...and making One Wonder and Ponder..endlessly. Which
is of course..very very Healthy.

This would be the Space One can utilize to let One's Brain Cells let come
into action; Thus...- THINK -!

There is always a small percentage of space One has to Unravel, by One's
self. This is to let One's Consciousness, become a "Thinking Mechanism"
...which will Enhance One's Comprehensive Consciousness Block.

"What's the use...having All Answers being severed on a silver plate,
not?"

It just does not work this way. I think you would surely agree with me,
not?

That small percentage is just a Good and Healthy "Motivation Mechanism"
for One to Perfect One's self; and this IS the Purpose of MAN. In most
cases, for any Comprehending Consciousness THINKING Creature of Creation.

Step by Step, Incarnation after Incarnation, and so forth. Every Lifetime
brings forth a New Chapter. And after every Chapter, One will attain the
True Contents of the book, gradually. Such is Life, and its Unraveling of
Its Mysteries and Parables of Existence. Just like with Experience; The
More One Experiences, the More One will attain Insight, and thus, become
an Expert, as it is said. And thus...Attain Knowledge.

"What One may not understand today, One will understand tomorrow."

Edward.

Jim

Post Number: 46
Posted on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 03:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Harvey,

I only noticed your post today. I give plenty of references in both CT and my web site you could look up in libraries, whenever you come to some particular point that interests you.

As an introductory text that's not as bad as some others, I'd recommend one by W. Barnes Tatum, _The Quest of Jesus, A Guidebook_ (John Knox Press, 1982).

Kaare

Post Number: 19
Posted on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 08:19 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quotations

MT 2:9 When they had heard the king they went their way ; and lo, the star which they had seen in the East went before them , till it came to rest over the place where the Child was.

TJ 2:13 When they had heard Herod Antipas, they departed. And behold, the light with the long tail, which they had seen in the Orient, went ahead of them with a high-pitched singing sound until it came to Bethlehem and stood directly over the stable where the infant was born.

I think the Plejarans here also wanted a good eyewitness UFO account and therefore singled out these wise men (astrologers) to do the reporting for them. To relieve any doubt that their spaceship could be mistaken for a stationary star, they made sure that they flew towards the wise men and made them follow the spaceship, which at nighttime would be illuminating light. In this way they got a report showing
- a “star” moving in so low altitude that it was directional (guiding the way)
- a “star” moving then suddenly coming to a halt
- a “ star” pointing a beam so sharp that it was able to pinpoint a specific location (the birthplace of Jmmanuel)
- and in the TJ verse the typical UFO sound is also included.

2000 years later, in time of the discovery of the TJ and the renewal of the teaching , these detailed descriptions become important as we now are now able to explain this star as being a Plejaran controlled spaceship.

I think the “star” was meant as the opening evidence of the Plejaran involvement back then, similar to the hard evidence and photo opportunities Billy were given of the Plejaran beamships when the mission was restarted , this time around. The parallels are striking

Regards
Kaare

Jim

Post Number: 57
Posted on Friday, November 04, 2005 - 06:47 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Kaare,

I think of the primary parallel being Jmmanuel's ability to heal hundreds of people, which gained him some fame that brought him some crowds to whom he could preach, versus Billy's being allowed to obtain much high-quality UFO/beamship photos and movies and video that would bring him fame, if not infamy among the UFO establishment, but which made his writings known to those who can accept it.

The magi, unfortunately, did not write up anything that carried down to this day. We have only what Jmmanuel learned about them, which he put in the Talmud of Jmmanuel, which then carried forward into Matthew.
Jim

Kaare

Post Number: 55
Posted on Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 01:43 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

According to TJ 1: 86-88 and TJ 2:6 The Celestial son Gabriel (alias Angel Gabriel) is the real father to Jmmanuel. Since Gabriel was a Plejaran one would expect his lifespan to be long. And I think evidence for that can be found in the Koran
Because Gabriel later appears in connection with the prophet Mohammed as his messenger. Islamic traditions holds that the Angel Gabriel began communicating with Mohammed in the year 610. So when Mohammed then died in the year 632, Gabriel must at that point at least have been at the age of 650 years or more.
Another conclusion perhaps is that since the same extraterrestrial Gabriel was connected both to Jmmanuel and Mohammed I would think it also points to
the link between the two Prophets. In that the mission was carried on in that Jmmanuels spirit form later incarnated as the Prophet Mohammed and Gabriel then followed on as the messenger, something he was able to do since he was a Plejaran with an average lifespan of more than 1000 years.

Is it mentioned anywhere in the contact material how old Gabriel was when he was the messenger to Mohammed ?

Regards
Kaare

Jim

Post Number: 77
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 08:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Kaare,

About your last question, I don't know. Gabriel is mentioned as being an angel-like man in the Old Testament book of Daniel (8:15-on and 9:20-on). I believe this extends Gabriels's life at least some 6 centuries earlier than in Jmmanuel's time. But for all I know, his reincarnation may have taken the same name as in his previous life.

Jim

Jim

Post Number: 78
Posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 - 08:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The post here under "Celestial Teachings" reminds me to say that this thread could well be terminated. The CT book is now so out of date, and has for so long been out of print, that I believe it now serves no useful purpose. I will not be working on any second edition to it, as it is too difficult to keep it up to date with respect to revised versions of the Talmud Jmmanuel, which is something that can much more conveniently be done within a website, as at www.tjresearch.info. Further, this website contains much more material than could be packed into a book.

Sincerely,
Jim Deardorff
Author, Celestial Teachings

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 161
Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 07:30 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jim

I purchased a copy of Celestial Teachings a few years ago, and I want to take this opportunity to tell you that it played a pivotal role for me personally in taking the Meier material seriously. The first time I even became aware of the TJ was when I pulled your book off the shelf at the Bodhi Tree bookstore and read the jacket. Your scholarly approach to the subject gave it credibility from the start. It served (and still serves) as a great companion and reference book when I began studying the TJ. Knowing what a difference it made in my own life, I am sorry to hear there will be no future printings. Perhaps circumstances may change.

Thank you, for making a difference!

Kind Regards
Bob

Jim

Post Number: 80
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2007 - 05:08 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, perhaps a revised version of _Celestial Teachings_ will appear after all, in a year or two. It turns out that Ed Martin, author of _King of Travelers_, has the incentive and energy to do this, and has agreed to it, with Steelmark Publishers, with occasional consultation with me. I wish him well!

Savio

Post Number: 583
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 09:12 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jim

This is really good news

Wishing you all the best!

Savio

Kingman

Post Number: 283
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 08:34 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Celestial Teachings has been one of my ways of introducing Billy's teachings to friends. An updated version could only be a good thing.
a friend in america
Shawn

Norm

Post Number: 162
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 05:45 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

James Deardorff's TJ site is gone.

Did anyone back it up?

There's an audio interview with Dr. Deardorff on youtube in case anyone wants to listen to it. Search the below title since I'm not allowed to post links.

Prof. James Deardorff & Brian Crissey on Billy Meier UFO Case (1991): 21st Century Radio

Carolyn, You might be interested in researching Dr. Deardoff's info on the TJ & Christianity.

Scott

Post Number: 2768
Posted on Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 06:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Norm, here is an archived version from FOM:http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/w/www.tjresearch.info/

Kenneth

Post Number: 789
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 03:01 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scott,

For whatever reason, this link will not open;
FOM:http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/w/www.tjresearch.info/

Scott

Post Number: 2770
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 04:08 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kenneth the Future of Mankind Website is down which is why your unable to reach the link. Last time this happened one of the hard discs failed. I don't know the reason currently but, I can contact the administrator if you like?

Scott

Post Number: 2773
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 04:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kenneth the US Servers are still online but the UK Server is down which is why you can't reach the TJ link.

Kenneth

Post Number: 790
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 05:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scott,

Thank you, contacting the administrator is not necessary, I can wait until it's repaired.

Patm

Post Number: 547
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2017 - 11:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You should be able to access a copy of Deardorf's TJ Research site at: https://web.archive.org/web/20070202152922/http://www.tjresearch.info:80/

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page