Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Might of the Thoughts/Macht der Gedanken

Discussionboard of FIGU » Books and Booklets Area » Might of the Thoughts/Macht der Gedanken « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 27, 2013Michael_horn23 04-27-13  11:35 pm
Archive through October 01, 2017Kenneth23 10-01-17  07:11 pm
Archive through November 14, 2020Phi_spiral23 11-14-20  08:36 am
Archive through February 18, 2021Tat_tvam_asi23 02-18-21  03:04 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Michael_horn

Post Number: 1519
Posted on Thursday, February 18, 2021 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bill,

I don't agree with this:

"So, when you become an "thought-observing" person, and meet a person that is out of “balance”, that is overly proud, selfish, hateful or greedy – here it would be wrong to be loving ..."

And that's because to be loving isn't the same as liking someone, feeling compelled to interact with them, express feelings that aren't genuine, etc. True love, universal love, which recognizes the interconnectedness of all beings and things isn't based on feelings, emotions, affection, etc.

So, one can and should hold that awareness, hold true universal love for everyone, even when it's necessary to remove or protect oneself from them, reject any interactions, etc.

Tat_tvam_asi

Post Number: 1594
Posted on Thursday, February 18, 2021 - 11:54 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No-one Wants to Foster Despots

MH:

Inwardly there is, of course, always a sense of "we are all humans that learn through mistakes."
And yes, the sense of universal love and being interconnected with all will never vanish.

But just because one sees all living beings with a sense of oneness, without a sense of "I" but a sense of "we all", one is very sensitive when this harmony is in danger by the actions of despots. And this is why, when I meet selfish / arrogant / bossy people - I will not emotionally support them with a loving feeling. There is no hate in me. But the desire to help them to self-reflect and become less selfish / arrogant / bossy.

IMU:
Every meeting of "others in life" is but a chance to develop the "human growth mindset" of oneself and the other. There is never a sense of "I" or "I am better" but the deep-down knowledge that all excesses cause suffering and that by creating a "middle way" - through our actions and deeds - we are in harmony with the universe.

Bill

Lemontree

Post Number: 111
Posted on Friday, February 19, 2021 - 09:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok, now I understand the situation much better.

Thanks for all your input.

Msmichelle

Post Number: 787
Posted on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 - 08:30 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Might of the Thoughts and other books by BEAM have taught me to handle all situations with calm. I've built myself up to handle most situations without missing a beat. The online communities are brutal and as we all know, the offline communities are just as brutal, so either we build ourselves up to handle all situations or we can just wait to be told what to do or wait for the rest of the populations to catch up
MsMichelle (sending peace and love to all)

Msmichelle

Post Number: 787
Posted on Tuesday, February 23, 2021 - 08:39 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Adityasonakia

Post Number: 275
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2021 - 08:38 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello everyone,

I had question regarding the following phrase in the Might of the Thoughts (XXIX)

"if human being wants to be taught and convinced about whether his or her neighbour is really a loyal and honest friend to him or her then he or she should not listen to his advice and should wait to see how he or she reacts"

Now, by reading this and relating to the person who's loyalty/trust was being tested, I would just tell the person "Hey, I only tried to help you earlier, but let's work on it again and get it sorted, in case you are fine to work with me on it."

I guess my question is, what should be the right reaction here?

Salome,
Aditya

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 1341
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2021 - 01:01 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Aditya,

Allow me to suggest that a further contemplation is in order. Let me explain.

Here are the first key words to consider: "whether his or her (your) neighbour is really a loyal and honest friend".

We can best understand this "OM-like" piece of wisdom through introspection and retrospection.

The Goblet Of The Truth tells us to be towards ourselves as we are towards a dear friend.

What this means:
When a dear friend comes to us for advise, this friend has made a compromise within themselves when "some form of low point is reached from which one only returns when one takes advantage of the help of a fellow human being". (XXVII pg.380)

The introspection/retrospection reveals it (the feelings/reactions) when we ask ourselves how do we feel when a friend asks for our advice and we learn they didn't follow it (possibly to their detriment). It is a little hurtful and disappointing.

Herein are the second keywords; "should wait to see how he/she reacts"... so a true and honest friend will experience the feelings (hurt, disappointment, etc.) if their advice is not listened to. They will likely tell you the harsh truth bluntly and in all honesty without a covering (sugar coating).

So their actions (effect) from their hurt and feelings (cause) reveal their loyalty and honesty as a friend.
Salome,
Eddie

In the *Goblet of the Truth* there it says:
Live always in love and in peace, foster freedom and harmony on Earth and never forget the real truth. Foster your life always in goodness of heart and live in the true BEING of the Creation. The *Goblet of the Truth* will wake you, not to the bane - but to the boon. (pg.3)

Norms

Post Number: 65
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2021 - 05:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Two years ago, I requested the neighbor to trim the hedge with the trunks all on their property but the branches were now protruding into my property not only making it difficult for me to mow the lawn but dangerous as well. They nodded but didn't do anything.

So last year, I just went ahead and started trimming the hedge. The job was quite extensive with the branches at least two inches thick that I was cutting with a hand saw. The work would last till fall. So I spent an hour in the evenings trimming the branches on my side of the property. Only so much could be done at a time as the branches had to be trimmed further to fit in the green recycle bin that is picked-up by the city once a week.

About two months later, the neighbor also started trimming without any further request for help from me. By the end of fall, the hedge was trimmed saving the neighbor a few thousand dollars.

Over the decades, there have been many projects where interested people were brought in to help. I always respected them regardless of any help rendered. If any of them started intruding in the progress of the group so that work could not proceed, I would be frank and let them know the project was not for them.

My attitude was to get the job done even if I had to do it myself. Loyalty was never an issue as all would benefit from the completed project.

Adityasonakia

Post Number: 276
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2021 - 06:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Eddie,

Thank you very much for the your explanation.

Although your point of view was from a person seeking advise from a friend, a person they already trust.

My question is more from the perspective of a stranger seeking advise from another stranger, in this case how can one be sure from the reaction of the other, whether he/she can be a loyal and trusted friend?

Salome,
Aditya

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 1342
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2021 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Aditya,

My apologies, my answer was related to the text you quoted from the Might Of The Thoughts.

As to your clarification/question in your post#276

From a creational laws and recommendations perspective (as I see it): A stranger that gives good advice when asked for it (the reaction), can become a loyal and trusted friend one day because this stranger has a good heart (is virtuous).
Salome,
Eddie

In the *Goblet of the Truth* there it says:
Live always in love and in peace, foster freedom and harmony on Earth and never forget the real truth. Foster your life always in goodness of heart and live in the true BEING of the Creation. The *Goblet of the Truth* will wake you, not to the bane - but to the boon. (pg.3)

Reen71b

Post Number: 15
Posted on Sunday, March 21, 2021 - 11:53 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

@Adityasonakia
I really can't say for certain but this is just my opinion. I think it's a combination of your gut instinct and the actions of the other person. Trust yourself and tread cautiously.
Maureen

Msmichelle

Post Number: 801
Posted on Monday, March 22, 2021 - 05:48 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Norms, funny, the same thing happened to me regarding issues around my property such as tree branches. I, too asked my neighbor to trim his tree from my property, of course, he did not, he made one excuse after the other, therefore, I hired a crew and now, the neighbor is commending me on the beauty of my property and the care, attention, blah, blah, blah.
Therefore, I agree, just get the job done and set the example whether with words, or actions

Adityasonakia

Post Number: 277
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2021 - 07:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you so much Eddie, Norms and Maureen for your perspectives. Based on your responses, I think neutral-positive thinking (gauging the positives and negatives of the experience with the person) in that present circumstance would be the ideal approach.

Schantz

Post Number: 409
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2021 - 10:27 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Always remember how powerful your thoughts are.

This is your future whether you realize it or not, in the link below.

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/Jschwjsch

Some have been here before.

Your thoughts matter, and are very important for what's happening now.

Use your thoughts in a positive progressive way, to defeat the evil ones. We are connected with the almighty Creational Energy.

Their thoughts are connected with death, destruction and fear.

The outcome is obvious, like in past times, otherwise we wouldn't be here.

Good versus evil, the battle continues, until when in the future the evil disapears.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page