Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Chapter 1-9

Discussionboard of FIGU » Books and Booklets Area » "The Talmud Jmmanuel" » Chapter 1-9 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive for 2000 81 03-09-08  12:08 pm
Archive for 2001 - 2007 84 03-09-08  12:15 pm
Archive through June 09, 2010Elba23 06-09-10  08:42 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Earthling

Post Number: 448
Posted on Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 05:18 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks someone is trying to prevent access to Jim Deardorff's site

http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http://www.tjresearch.info/&hl=en

Jim

Post Number: 100
Posted on Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 08:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is that occurring again? Anthea was able to get it corrected just a few days ago, when it occurred for FireFox users. The site remains open to Internet Explorer users, I notice.

Earthling

Post Number: 449
Posted on Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 09:23 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, you're right, of course ... works with IE, not firefox.

thx JD

Mahigitam

Post Number: 247
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 12:31 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TALMUD OF JMMANUEL(2007, 4th edition), CH8,44E

The Healing Of 2 Possessed persons

32. "Master,if you intend to drive us out, then let us go into the herd of swine grazing just over there"
33.And he spoke, go there.
34.Then they went into the swine, and behold the whole herd rushed down to the water and drowned"

According to my understanding, Jmmanuel to show his powers/strength cured the 2 "possessed"(damaged consciousness) persons & later influenced the swine herd into the water & made them drown..am i right?

p.s: did the swine drowned and died ?
Without love & compassion, meditation is meaningless - Jiddu Krishnamurthy

Earthling

Post Number: 471
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 05:58 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mahitigam, according to my understanding; the evil spirits left the 2 possessed persons for the herd of swine. Once the evil spirits took possession of the herd of swine (therefore going mad), the herd of swine rushed into the waters, thereby committing suicide.

Smukhuti

Post Number: 440
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 07:58 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is nothing called evil spirit or demonic possession. Those two men probably were suffering from problems with their consciousness/schizophrenic and Jmmanuel attended to them.

Why the herd of swine drowned is difficult to answer, but probably triggered by Jmmanuel so that these two people do the publicity on behalf of Jmmanuel when they return to the town. Those days there were no effective medium of publicity, plus people at that time would only listen to someone performing "miracles" and accept him to be a teacher.
Salome.
Suv

Jim

Post Number: 101
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 10:03 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regarding this event about the swine, in the TJ (TJ 8:32) the swine were grazing "just over there", or "not far over there." So I find it interesting that the man who wrote the Gospel of Matthew changed that to "at some distance from them" (RSV translation of the Greek of Matthew 8:30), or "far off from them" in a more literal translation of the Greek. With his Jewish background, the writer of Matthew evidently didn't want the unclean animals to be close to "Jesus." Swine are declared unclean in Deuteronomy 14:8 and Leviticus 11:7.

Chasekahn747

Post Number: 28
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 10:53 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Consciousness is very powerful and the more integrated with the spirit it becomes the powerful, Jmmanuel as we know had unfathomable powers of consciousness and was able to correct the schism in the consciousness of the individual and send it into the swine and that twisted self created diluted consciousness had an effect on the herd of swine. Ones consciousness effects whom the person is around and vice versa which is why the Plejarens say away from us and take such pre cautions if meetings where to take place.
I Like you am searching for the meaning of Truth in The spirit teachings...since I am human like you..I too have to search and perceive..and in so doing may grasp the laws of Creation,,judging according to the laws of nature which are of creation...so be it..

Elreyjr

Post Number: 173
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 05:18 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings,

Billy said (as I remember and is not ready with reference) that no two spiritform can occupy a particular body. How, then, can there be many "evil" spirits or better yet ignorant spiritforms in possession of a body? What has this situation got to do with the idiosyncracies of a person showing multiple (different) personalities?

Jun
My will be done

Earthling

Post Number: 472
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 11:45 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regarding the term 'evil spirits': from Talmud Jmmanuel, Chapter 8

28. He arrived at the other shore, in the region of the Gadarenes. There, two possessed persons ran up to him; they came out of the burial caves and were very dangerous, so that no one could walk on this street.

29. And behold, they cried out, saying, "What do you want of us, you son of Gabriel, the celestial son?

30. "Have you come to torment us before it is even time?"

31. Then the evil spirits within the possessed asked him, "Master, if you intend to drive us out, then let us go into the herd of swine grazing just over there."

32. And he spoke, "So go there."

33. Then they went out into the swine, and behold, the whole herd rushed down to the water and drowned.

34. The swine herders fled and went into the town and told everything, including what had happened to the possessed.

35. And behold, the whole town came out and approached Jmmanuel.

36. And when they saw him, they asked him to leave their area.

Chasekahn747

Post Number: 29
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 07:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The concsiousness can form split personailties based on certain improper thinking/ beliefs. One must take a look at the booklet on occult forces to get a slight understanding on how shisms effect the being. Edgar Cayce suffered from a form of schizophrenia. A personality is not a spirit. The author mentioned "spirit" because of the lack of understanding of what a consciousness and spirit are.
I Like you am searching for the meaning of Truth in The spirit teachings...since I am human like you..I too have to search and perceive..and in so doing may grasp the laws of Creation,,judging according to the laws of nature which are of creation...so be it..

Savio

Post Number: 659
Posted on Monday, August 30, 2010 - 02:29 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

2001 Nov. Billy Q&A on the related subject:-

Question:- ..... Is there any explanations that in the TJ there are many places mentioned "evil spirits".

One significant event was in Chapter 8 "The healing of two possessed people".

8/32 Then the evil spirits in the possessed asked him, "Master, please drive us out, so that we may go into the herd of swine grazig just over there"........ the whole herd rushed down to the water and drowned.

What was really happened in that event? Is there any scientific explanation?

ANSWER: "Evil spirits" means negative psychic conditions.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page