Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Chapter 20-29

Discussionboard of FIGU » Books and Booklets Area » "The Talmud of Jmmanuel" » Chapter 20-29 « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive for 2000 - 2002 93 03-09-08  12:27 pm
Archive for 2003 - 2007 61 03-09-08  12:29 pm
Archive through April 05, 2010Indi23 04-05-10  02:53 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Jokoveltman

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2010 - 03:19 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Robyn,

Indeed. (I got a bit carried away, talking about something I've spent so much time with. Sorry about that.)

Though in my opinion, knowing what really happens to unfired pots in water - as opposed to the reverse situation, water in low/under-fired pots - brings the point of the proverb home that much more strongly.

Peace,

Tim

Indi

Post Number: 444
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2010 - 03:49 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Though in my opinion, knowing what really happens to unfired pots in water - as opposed to the reverse situation, water in low/under-fired pots - brings the point of the proverb home that much more strongly

Agreed!

Seeing you are experienced with pottery Tim, I may contact you privately about a special piece I have called an Amphora with supposed special properties for circulating liquids contained within, if that is ok with you?

Robyn

Jokoveltman

Post Number: 39
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2010 - 03:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, of course! (jokoveltman[at]gmail[dot]com)

Peace,

Tim

Sanjin

Post Number: 132
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2010 - 07:31 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I'm almost ready to become a potter myself.

Thanks guys!!!
36.The human is another person, when, surrounded by the rays of the heavenly creational sunrise, the pure delight of awakening nature streams through him.

Redbeard

Post Number: 181
Posted on Sunday, April 11, 2010 - 08:00 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A bit of a late addition to your discussion of the parable previously mentioned. This brought to mind some discussions I had with some friends of my wife that are religious. Frequently I would engage them in a discussion of world/political events and issues that we needed to step up and work on to better our country and the world. The usual escapist answer was that "well Jesus is coming soon and he will straighten it all out and besides I'm older now and soon I'll be going to my real home in heaven anyway."

This usually would really grind me as I was also often seeking help in mentoring of other men with their lives and families and the refusal answer was usually related to this Fool's attitude of not taking responsibility for life and it permeates people's lives in ways that are so subtle and paralyzing for them.
Peace be to you, Matt

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page