Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Introduction to Meditation (Einführun...

Discussionboard of FIGU » Books and Booklets Area » Introduction to Meditation (Einführung in die Meditation) « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
 02-07-21  05:58 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Bluejaguar

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, February 11, 2021 - 05:28 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello to all. I have recently obtained the book Introduction to Meditation. I having finished reading it yet but I find it very interesting. I have been meditating off and on for quite a while now, but not really sticking to one method. But when I commit and really stick to one method which is focusing on my breath. On the 3rd or 4th day I notice that there seems to be something going on in the forehead region, it feels like something is going out through my forehead region. And it causes me to stop my meditations because I am unsure if this normal or if I'm doing it wrong. Has anyone ever experienced this or had any similar experiences? Thanks for your time.
SALOME

Scott

Post Number: 3261
Posted on Thursday, February 11, 2021 - 10:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Bluejaguar,

There is a section within the Spiritual Teachings topic area about Meditation. I don't know if you will find what you're looking for, but it may be a start. Glad you found the book interesting.
Salome

Bluejaguar

Post Number: 19
Posted on Saturday, February 13, 2021 - 09:43 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Scott, I will repost my post there.
Salome

Aburns87

Post Number: 28
Posted on Saturday, November 13, 2021 - 02:37 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FIGU Studiengruppe México is the only study group in world in the Spanish language officially authorized. We currently have a contract with FIGU Switzerland and Billy Meier to translate the book "Introduction to Meditation". We are raising funds for a professional translator to translate the book. We have already done sample translations with 10 professional translators who are fluent in German and Spanish, and we have chosen the best one to ensure the highest quality translation. We will then personally review the book to verify it and correct it if necessary to ensure its quality. Any additional money we collect beyond the cost of the translation will be used for printing.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/figumexico/traduccion-al-espanol-del-libro-introduccion-a-la-meditacion

Norms

Post Number: 85
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 02:32 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ITM pg.182 translation error:

German:

"Das Wort <pentra> entstammt der altiranischen Sprache und bedeutet sinngemäss in die deutsche Sprache ubertrangen 'Die sich in Liebe ergibt'."

Book English translation:

"The word 'Pentra' stems from the old-Lyrian language and its sense transferred into the German language means 'She who fulfills herself in love'."

Google translation:

"The word <pentra> comes from the old Iranian language and translated into the German language means 'Which surrenders in love.' "

This was mentioned in the ca.figu.org group meeting on Sunday December 5, 2021.

Stefan_z2

Post Number: 183
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2021 - 04:15 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Norman,

See this use of the German term "sich ergeben":
http://dict.figu.org/node/6968

So here in the sense of connecting. That meaning certainly got lost in everyday language use. "Fulfilling in" does thus make sense.

Salome,
Stefan

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page