Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through February 20, 2021

Discussionboard of FIGU » Books and Booklets Area » The Way to Live/Die Art zu leben » The Way to Live » Archive through February 20, 2021 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Msmichelle

Post Number: 375
Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2017 - 06:55 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I finished reading this book through and through for the first time and I'm about to reread it...... what I'm doing on a daily basis is absorbing the material and incorporating the material into my life experiences..... I noticed that I'm a bit more calm and relax
MsMichelle

Tom

Post Number: 52
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 04:17 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On page 264 of The Way to Live, the English translation reads, " But not only that, because the influences, which call fourth changes, are themselves changeable and transitory, so it also becomes clearly apparent here that neither here nor anywhere does there exist something solid and lasting on which the human being could rely, because basically everything and anything in the entire realm of the Creation is changeable and transitory"
Could it not be said that the Laws and Recommendations of the Creation are fixed in their function?
Tom.

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 815
Posted on Monday, September 04, 2017 - 05:54 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tom, regarding your post #52.

Isn't your question out of context?

The verse isn't speaking about creational laws and recommendations.
Salome,
Eddie

In the *Goblet of the Truth* there it says:
Live always in love and in peace, foster freedom and harmony on Earth and never forget the real truth. Foster your life always in goodness of heart and live in the true BEING of the Creation. The *Goblet of the Truth* will wake you, not to the bane - but to the boon. (pg.3)

Historeed

Post Number: 157
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 05:14 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tom,

I think Billy is referring to the fact that everything in the universe is in a constant state of becoming & passing away / change / evolution.
Matthew Reed

Kenneth

Post Number: 754
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2017 - 06:41 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I moved this from “The Spiritual Teaching: Consciousness Abilities/Powers” to “The Way to Live” as it seemed more appropriate?

As a follow up: The trip to the Lesser Antilles was very productive; met with my friend and presented Billy’s book, “The Way to Live”. After proper greetings my friend Elmira immediately unwrapped the gift and said, “Is this book truly written by Billy?” Indeed it is I said, and showed her the first page, “by von “Billy” Eduard Albert Meier”. She was so excited and held the book to her heart and gave repeated thanks. She reads and speaks fluent German, but a medium-heavy accent in English. The shipping cost to this area of the world can be very expensive.

Much of what she has been reading about Billy’s prophecies and predictions, to include Michael Horn’s They Fly blogs forwarded to her (with MH’s consent); she has seen with her own eyes, which is why she moved her two children from the Dutch Netherlands cultural area to the Dutch Island of St. Maarten.

She has her own business by providing topical activities throughout all of the Antilles islands. She started reading “The Way to Live” that evening. She is not religious and very aware of the spiritual teaching. We were able to talk in length about Billy’s books, “The Way to Live”, “Might of the Thoughts” and “The Psyche”; AND . . . , I had the “Decalogue / Dodecalogue waiting for me when I returned.

It appears that I got out of the Lessor Antilles just in time due to the now category 5 hurricane Irma.

Sincerely
Kenneth

Imaginosdesdinova

Post Number: 30
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 01:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Tom... I asked Eduard similar Q some time ago maybe his answer will help.

If there was beginning and there will never be an end and everything is constantly evolving... since there will be no end absolute perfection will never be achieved, how come there are constant things in our Creation which will never change such as Creative commandments and recommendations?
Thank you.
Salome,
Ervin

Viewed from a human being’s standpoint, everything that is logical remains. The rest (what is not logical) is constantly developed (weiterentwickeln und fortentwickeln). Knowledge and wisdom can be further-developed into all eternity.
As soon as a process has started, it leads endlessly further (unendlich weiter). An example: When the human being starts thinking, it (thinking) goes on and on, endlessly, during his entire life.
Another example: The necessity that the human being has to breathe is a logical fact, it’s a constant that must not evolve.
The same principle happens/exists within Creation.

Kenneth

Post Number: 763
Posted on Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 10:30 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Billy’s book, “The Way to Live”; this was a gift to a friend in the Lesser Antilles (St. Maarten); I was able to get out just days before the Category 5 Hurricane Irma hit the 37 square mile (95 sq. km) island.

My fiend also lost everything; home destroyed including her place of work. Through the sustained 185 MPH (295 km/h) winds, gusting to 225 MPH (362 km/h) everything was lost except for one item; her book, “The Way to Live” was found in a pile of rubble which survived the largest hurricane on record for that area. She was so excited with the only item that survived, she had a difficult time putting it into words.

“Life and death are firmly determined, but the human being himself/herself determines the way of life and life-wise as well as progress of the evolution, therefore he himself/she herself is also the smith of his/her destiny, his/her good fortune, the love and harmony.” She kept her book in the white mailing package.

Pg 176, Verse 227, TWtL; BEAM

Kenneth

Kenneth

Post Number: 990
Posted on Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 01:12 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A question for anyone;

A while back when reading Billy’s book, “The Way to Live, Die Art zu leben”, (pg 417 & 418); I needed a clarification on a particular statement. Nonetheless, I kept reading and finished this book and went on to many other books of Billy’s looking for clarification, none found, so maybe someone on this forum knows the question to my query?

463)
“The human being’s “I” is very mighty and exercises a tyranny characterized by Gewaltsamkeit, which can only be ended by one going the way of the effective evolution. But the “I”’s richness of imagination is almost inexhaustible, for which reason, on each step of the efforts and the wishes to free oneself from it tyrannical nature, it can circumvent and distort the efforts and whishes as desired, if the necessary care is not applied and the truth of all truth is not acknowledged and helpfully enlisted. The truth of the reaching of the effective evolution and all creational moments is simple and extremely clear, but it stipulates that everything is recognized and understood and is correctly used. However, the self-willed and tyrannical “I” is very mighty, and as soon as the simple and clear truth begins to work in the human being and stirs and moves him/her, the “I” attempts to complicate and deny everything because it knows very precisely that it is fundamentally endangered by knowledge, truth and evolution.”

…//…

…Through this process one also understands that, as a rule, hope describes a factor which bears within it an extremely negative value and only contains something positive in exceptional cases, and indeed, only when the form of the hope is built upon effective knowledge.

…//… However, hope, fear and anxiety are the greatest enemies of the inner peace as well as of the real self-cognition and the self-realisation. Sufficient hopes which are not built upon effective knowledge call forth anxiety and bitterness. But fear and anxiety also paralyse the actual inner nature and hold it prisoner in the false identity as if in a narrow cell. But the false identity is the self-created “I” through which the essential inner and Creation-given “I” is oppressed in the greatest part of its inner nature for which reason it cannot become free without one making a conscious effort for that…”

I don’t want this to get too lengthy; my question is:

The statement, “I Am That I Am”, which is not listed in “The Way to Live; is this a good phrase to use or is this not recommended?

Salome
Kenneth

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 1014
Posted on Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 05:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kenneth, here are my two cents for consideration/discussion.

"I Am That I Am" pertains to the law of the becoming & passing. So the birth, the death and the reincarnation of the spiritform into new bodies (personalities).

Re; 463) The human being's "I" is very mighty and exercises a tyranny characterized by Gewaltsamkeit....

This pertains to the law of the contrariness. So as it is explained in the Goblet of the Truth, within us is a factor of positive which is overlain by the negative thoughts, and so on, which are created by us and, often make it difficult to access the positive that is buried by it, but that is always there if we make the effort to access it and utilize it.
Salome,
Eddie

Live always in love and in peace, foster freedom and harmony on Earth and never forget the real truth. Foster your life always in goodness of heart and live in the true BEING of the Creation. The *Goblet of the Truth* will wake you, not to the bane - but to the boon. (pg.3)

Hoota_thunk

Post Number: 75
Posted on Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 05:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

G'Day & Salome Kenneth,
I, right now at this present time in our evolution, would have to say that it wouldn't do too much harm when we take into account the following: "The truth of the reaching of the effective evolution and all creational moments is simple and extremely clear, but it stipulates that everything is recognized and understood and is correctly used." & "The human being’s “I” is very mighty and exercises a tyranny characterized by Gewaltsamkeit, which can only be ended by one going the way of the effective evolution." & "... as soon as the simple and clear truth begins to work in the human being and stirs and moves him/her, the “I” attempts to complicate and deny everything because it knows very precisely that it is fundamentally endangered by knowledge, truth and evolution.”
AND from our latest English translation, Arahat Athersata, that really brings home the underlying factor, "17. On the other hand however, we, in our forms, are able to penetrate all spiritual levels and to make ourselves comprehensible to all Wesenheiten of lower standing." In other words, the Creation Universal Consciousness is getting another lesson via us (on a via, on a via).
Andrew Grimshaw
- The Quiet Revolution Of Truth -

Niko_sulonen

Post Number: 41
Posted on Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 02:22 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Kenneth,

You asked: "The statement, “I Am That I Am”, which is not listed in “The Way to Live"; is this a good phrase to use or is this not recommended?"

I don't have an answer but only an opinion on this phrase, but hopefully it gives more perspective for you.

I think that phrase is a bit too vague and can be all too easily used to justify one's own actions, thoughts and feelings being out of one's own control. The phrase strips away the self-responsibility of the human being, meaning that when a person is confronted about his/her wrong actions, deeds, thoughts etc., they can then simply state: "I am that I am" and release themselves from their guilty conscience through a false sense of irresponsibility, as if their wrong modes of activity were part of their inner nature and unchangeable. I think the phrase is evasive in it's nature and does not support the research, questioning and reflection needed to arrive at the truth.

In my view it is better to use the phrase "I am what I think" since it addresses the self-responsibility of the human being through his/her thoughts which shape everything in the life of the human being. In this way the phrase "I am what I think" cannot simply be used as an excuse to release oneself from their guilty conscience, because then the question rises: "Why do you think that way?" from whereon the wrong-doer then has to face the truth of his/her self-responsibility sooner or later. The phrase "I am what I think" encourages finding out the truth and puts into motion the necessary researching, questioning and reflection and as such creates self-cognition, self-realisation, self-development, self-progress, self-awareness, self-responsibility and all the other good things in the life of a human being.

Salome,
Niko
I recognize my path, which is the truth and living in accordance with it. I carry out my mission for life and for the fulfillment of life. I abide by the creational laws and recommendations, which reign in me as true love and wisdom.

Kenneth

Post Number: 992
Posted on Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Niko,

Well, in my opinion, your opinion is pretty good. I can understand where the phrase “I Am That I Am” could be vague. In my estimation, this phrase could actually take on different connotations depending on the culture and especially the spiritual development of a particular group, society, or civilization.

For instance; if a Plejaren or Timar said, “I Am that I Am”, I would understand that to characterize or epitomize their great spirituality, love, knowledge, technology, wisdom, etc.

On the other hand, for instance, if a devout religious person said the same thing, I’d personally regard this meaning as a lack of wisdom, belief in faith based indoctrination, lack of thinking and wholeheartedly expecting to be save by someone or something else; as they are caught in the grip of vague geopolitical religious beliefs. In this latter context when you said, “I think the phrase is evasive in its nature and does not support the research, questioning and reflection needed to arrive at the truth...” is absolutely true.

This does begin to get a little deep, nonetheless, Billy also says, “The real inner “I” is the prisoner of the self-created “I” and it is only able to create for itself any free space and freedom when one consciously operates self-cognition, and everything wrong and negative is recognised, as is the right and positive, in order to fight and dissolve the false and negative and to use the right and positive for self-realisation. Only in this way is the truthly inner freedom able to open, and the truly inner “I” able to unfold. The practise of the meditation is the best way to achieve that because it frees one from the grasping of the self-created “I” and conveys the impressions of the refreshing creational expanse of the real truthly nature of the effective inner “I”...”

In my opinion, you are also correct in the Neutral-Positive phrase of “I am what I think”, as we all know how powerful our thinking and thoughts are.

Good response
Salome
Kenneth

Niko_sulonen

Post Number: 42
Posted on Monday, June 10, 2019 - 07:35 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kenneth,

As Billy also wrote it somewhere that the purpose of life is in conquering one's own ego also speaks quite succinctly about the battle between the inner "I" and the self-created "I", or respectively the spiritual identity and the material identity of the human being. How that reflects on the phrase "I am that I am" depends on which side of the identity is spoken of with the "I" part in the phrase. I guess the phrase could then well reveal the nature of a human being should they use it and in what situation, so in that case there is value in it. However, would a wise person reveal themselves so blatantly?

Salome,
Niko
I recognize my path, which is the truth and living in accordance with it. I carry out my mission for life and for the fulfillment of life. I abide by the creational laws and recommendations, which reign in me as true love and wisdom.

Tat_tvam_asi

Post Number: 1010
Posted on Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 11:33 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Niko,
http://forum.figu.org/us/messages/14/16303.html#POST85890
You may have to page through a series of photos (Earth views from the Moon)

Niko_sulonen

Post Number: 43
Posted on Friday, June 14, 2019 - 02:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bill,

Thank you for the link. Fascinating information you have there, although I am a bit puzzled why you want me to see it?

Salome,
Niko

Tat_tvam_asi

Post Number: 1012
Posted on Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 03:41 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Niko,

Sorry, Niko, I addressed the wrong person:
It was to be a response to OperationNightFall's question re. location of Florida pre 9498 BCE ca. 7 days ago.

Salome,
Bill

Kenneth

Post Number: 1087
Posted on Monday, January 13, 2020 - 08:48 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For you VBBR’s (Veteran Billy Book Reader’s) this will be of no surprise; for the new members this should be of value.

When reading Billy’s book, “The Way to Live” the first time, many passages were flagged with Post-it Flag markers when there was a whoa (cease or slow a line of thought; pause to consider or reconsider; astonishment, etc.) moment in this reading material.

When reading the “The Way to Live” the second time, it was like reading a uniquely different book for the first time. No other book/s that I have ever read the second time has done this.

Reading any of Billy’s books is analogous to pealing back the different layers of an onion to receive new information; every read brings up fresh thoughts and expands the consciousness/cognizance for the reader, even the bibliophile will be astonished.

“For the one cunningly binds the values of the truth,
The value of the entire life disappears.
But whoever lives in the line with the truth of life,
And lifts up the BEING of the Creation of love,
Peaceful, harmonious – raised above the evil.”

Billy, January 8th, 1997, 12:15 am.

Salome
Kenneth

Hugo

Post Number: 788
Posted on Monday, January 13, 2020 - 03:42 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kenneth, funny you should post that because I just started my second read through of that book. I don't think any of Billy's books can be read through just once and be fully grasped.

Lemontree

Post Number: 112
Posted on Friday, February 19, 2021 - 09:29 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a question about the importance of work. The book says "work is the pride of the human being... and evolution is the reward for the effort" page 12.

I know the common reasons why work is important, e.g. earning money, contribute to society, etc., but I don't quite understand how it helps us evolve.

Perhaps e.g. the effort helps us develop virtues like patience? I like to know the specifics.

Thanks

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 1333
Posted on Friday, February 19, 2021 - 04:02 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Lemontree

Btw. Great post/question.

For me it has been in regards to the Law of Causality (cause & effect).

Which of course I apply the learned practical experienced-based knowledge with each and every zeal.

Through the Creation itself, we recognize the law that pertains to activity; so the aphorism, "nothing ventured, nothing gained".

I've learned other valuable lessons, one important one is that every so often while studying, it is really beneficial to take a break from reading and do an activity, even a simple walk is evolutive.
Salome,
Eddie

Msmichelle

Post Number: 777
Posted on Saturday, February 20, 2021 - 06:39 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lemontree, my take on your question:
Keep in mind, work is motion just as the universe is in constant motion. We need to eat, hunt, build, repair, etc and provide for our families and ourselves. If we just sat around and wait for things to be done, trust me, It would not happen. We would decay and die off
As Eddie says, it's a cause and effect as with the universe and as with evolution
MsMichelle (sending peace and love to all)

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 109
Posted on Saturday, February 20, 2021 - 08:27 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lemontree: "I know the common reasons why work is important, e.g. earning money, contribute to society, etc., but I don't quite understand how it helps us evolve."

Here are a few examples of how it helps that I have gleaned from the teachings:
1. Develops problem solving skills.
2. Creates a venue for making mistakes that we then learn from and grow in wisdom.
3. Developing consciousness focus. When we have tasks that need to be performed oftentimes within a given period of time we must mentally focus just on the task and block out extraneous thoughts that would be distracting. Focus can be very similar to meditation in that respect.
4. Developing perseverance, grit and will.
5. Learning to work in cooperation and harmony with others as our spirit-forms evolve and eventually merge to WE-forms.

There are other ways, I'm sure, that others may think of. As Eddie mentioned, work is a good balance to the study of the teachings.

Regards
Bob

Hugo

Post Number: 987
Posted on Saturday, February 20, 2021 - 06:51 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Lemontree,

I thought the main reason why work is so important to us is because it has to do with "striving". Without striving there is no evolution or meaning to life. Striving is what gets us all to the spiritual levels. There is much written about striving in the book Might of the Thoughts, but I noticed in the spiritual archives of forum there has been little discussions on it.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page