Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Reporting errors, mistakes etc... in ...

Discussionboard of FIGU » Books and Booklets Area » Reporting errors, mistakes etc... in FIGU material « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Kiwiseeker

Post Number: 66
Posted on Saturday, April 18, 2009 - 07:18 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Errors In FIGU Books/Booklets-Charles Page

SET 1: Sent to Christian on Dec,08. Confirmed by him on 11 Dec, 08.

1)EXISTENTES LEBEN IN UNIVERSUM:
p97 komentenähnliche = kometenähnliche

2)Plejadisch-plejarische Kontakberichte Block 1:
Plejadisch-plejarische Kontakberichte: Kontakberichte = Kontaktberichte
C8-Billy p88: (Siehe Bilder Seite 58.) - Should be 88.
C31-Ptaah 139: niedereren = niederen
C31-Ptaah 214: thermobioelles = thermobiocelles
Plejadisch-plejarische Kontakberichte Block 2:
C53: Semjase 175 Number 175 appears twice

3)Nokodemion:
p27: Trägerpersönlihckeiten = Trägerpersönlichkeiten
p105: Hamonie = Harmonie
p73(67): gemachet = gemacht

4)Die Wahrheit über die Plejaden 1999:
p7: viellleicht = veilleicht
p153: Blliys = Billy's
p10: UFO-Fotots or Fotos?
p10: UFO-Eyperten or Experten?
p142: was mir damals keine Full stop missing, or words missing?

5)EIN OFFENES WORT:
p57-423: Wahrhrheit = Wahrheit
p118-864: Gemeimnis = Geheimnis

6)EXISTENTES LEBEN IN UNIVERSUM
p97 komentenähnliche = kometenähnliche

7)EINFÜHRUNG IN DIE MEDITATION:
Allgemeines zum Umgang mit Meditations-Pyramiden: 2nd para.
Sokkel = Sockel

8)Interplanetare Namen:
p19 4) Wahheit = Wahrheit

9)Stimme der Wassermannzeit Nr3:
p20 effectiver = effektiver

10)Wiedergeburt,Leben,Sterben, Tod und Trauer
p44 Vervollkommung = Vervollkommnung

Cpl

Post Number: 824
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 06:28 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is a mistake on page 5 of "Those who lie about contacts, cheats and deceivers in matters pertaining to the Pleiadians..."

The author is cited as BRUCE CAINIE when it should be BRUCE CATHIE.

Also I do not think there is any claim within the cited book "The Bridge to infinity: harmonic 371244" to any alien contact. He claims to have merely spotted a few UFOs and plotted other reported sightings and then drew up a grid based on those findings and then went on from there.

He may well be wrong in his mathematical conclusions and theories, but that seems a very different context from what the booklet is claiming, which is falsely claimed contacts. Also this did not originate in America, as stated for this particular list (all the others are from America) but in New Zealand (Cathie is also a New Zealander). Does the booklet mean his is just a cheat or deceiver, perhaps? As is, he seems listed as someone claiming false contacts, which upon reading his book does not appear to be so. I have a copy if anyone would like to discuss some are or part of it where they may think such a claim exists.

Surely it is only in his findings where he is deceived, which is a different matter. He also does not comport himself like a guru in front of others or have any personal followers around himself, and has never had any such interest. I know this from previous past communiques with him.
Chris

Use to the full both the heart and head and never lose either.

Kiwiseeker

Post Number: 171
Posted on Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 07:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with you Chris.Although I dont have that particular book,I do have "The Pulse of the Universe" and "The Harmonic Conquest of Space" by Bruce Cathie.Like myself,Cathie is (was?) indeed a New Zealander.I have not read anything where he claims to have been a UFO contactee.He was an airline pilot and in 1952,with a group of friends,he made a prolonged evening sighting of a UFO at Mangare,Auckland.
Charles

Cpl

Post Number: 825
Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 08:21 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I have those books of his too, Charles. I communicated with him a little back in the 80s and have a personally signed copy of his Bridge to Infinity. I do not now agree with all his findings, but that is a different matter from "claiming to be a contactee." The closest he ever got to that was: He did claim a run in with a couple of strange characters that he assumed were Men in Black. He also said if I remember correctly, "I/We have our own hotline." It was a mysterious comment coming from him that he never enlarged upon to my knowledge. In the context it implied some intuition into some things, but again he never elaborated.
Chris

Use to the full both the heart and head and never lose either.

Davidmg

Post Number: 227
Posted on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 07:22 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Psyche
-------------------------------
English side Page 196
Second paragraph
third line
empfindet 27

bottom of same page refers to
------------------------------------------------
27 empfinden verb
- to percieve in a fine-fludal wise

the German side also is writen as empfindet. No search results in the FIGU Dictionary
Davidmg

Patm

Post Number: 394
Posted on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 07:48 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Davidmg

This is not a mistake. It is important to study the German language prior to studying the spiritual teaching in German. Especially if one plans on attempting to translate the German text into other languages.

In regard to the infinitive verb (this is usually the only variant listed in a dictionary)
empfinden - to perceive in a fine-fludal wise

just as in other languages this verb will be conjugated to use with different nouns/pronouns and is determined by the tense of the verb (present-Präsens, past-Präteritum, future-Futur, etc.) as well as multiple variants (infinitive-Infinitiv, imperative-Imperativ, indicative-Indikativ, conjuntive-Konjunktiv, etc.)

simple example:

present tense:
singular
ich empfinde - I perceive in a fine-fluidal wise
du empfindest - you perceive in a fine-fluidal wise
er/sie/es empfindet - he/she/it perceives in a fine-fluidal wise
plural
wir empfinden - we perceive in a fine-fluidal wise
ihr empfindet - you (plural) perceive in a fine-fluidal wise
sie empfinden - they perceive in a fine-fluidal wise
*Sie empfinden - you (formal) perceive in a fine-fluidal wise

see: http://conjugator.reverso.net/conjugation-german-verb-empfinden.html

Also note in the German language that the gender of a noun does not necessarily refer to the gender of the thing that the noun designates

der Mensch is a masculine noun meaning 'human being'
where in English both he and she can be used as a pronoun. In German the masculine noun Mensch will use the German pronoun er when referring to a human being. In English translations of er when referring to a human being 'he/she' is used.

In your example the "helfende Person", "Person" is a feminine noun and thus sie is the correct pronoun and the verb empfinden should be conjugated as empindet. Therefore the helping person perceives in a fine-fluidal wise... or in the case of your example literally 'if the helping person not perceives in a fine-fluidal wise" or " if the helping person does not perceive in a fine-fluidal wise" or as it has been translated "if the helping person does not 'empfindet' ". Therefore this is not an error but a correct translation.

Again it is highly recommended that the German language be thoroughly studied prior to studying the spiritual teaching..

excerpt from the 560th contact of 9-May-2013 (My translation which may contain errors)

Ptaah
50. Many speak only the infant language English and little is endeavored, to learn the far-all-embracing and everything clearly to the expression bringing language German.
Viele sprechen nur die Kleinkindersprache Englisch und sind wenig bemüht, die weitumfassende und alles klar zum Ausdruck bringende Sprache Deutsch zu lernen.

51. They are of the erred view, that their English language is valueful and sufficient, in order to clearly explain and to understand everything, which however does not correspond to the truth.
Sie sind der irren Ansicht, dass ihre englische Sprache wertvoll und ausreichend sei, um alles klar darzulegen und zu verstehen, was jedoch nicht der Wahrheit entspricht.

52. Therefore must all studying ones, who that for the Spiritual Teaching speak the inadequate English, urgently be held off, to learn the German language in better wise, and indeed written and spoken, because only this language guarantees, that the teaching is correctly understood and consequently also knowingly can be correctly implemented in the life.
Also müssen alle Studierenden, die das für die Geisteslehre unzureichende Englische sprechen, dringend angehalten sein, die deutsche Sprache in guter Weise zu erlernen, und zwar schriftlich und mündlich, denn nur diese Sprache gewährleistet, dass die Lehre richtig verstanden wird und folglich auch wissentlich korrekt ins Leben umgesetzt werden kann.

Billy
Naturally, that is clear. Many, who use the weak English communication methods, are unfortunately biased to such an extent by their language, that they cannot realize the unvalue of this language. Furthermore many are also too comfortable and to disinterested, in order to learn the valueful German.
Natürlich, das ist klar. Viele, die das schwache englische Verständigungsmittel nutzen, sind leider von ihrer Sprache derart voreingenommen, dass sie den Unwert dieser Sprache nicht erfassen können. Ausserdem sind auch viele zu bequem und zu desinteressiert, um das wertvolle Deutsch zu lernen.

Ptaah
53. That must unfortunately be taken into account, consequently translations for the study also in study groups are necessary, as but also, in order to put it on the internet, however always only together with the German original text.
Dem muss leider Rechnung getragen werden, folglich Übersetzungen zum Studium auch in Studiengruppen notwendig sind, wie aber auch, um sie ins Internetz zu setzen, jedoch stets nur zusammen mit dem deutschen Originaltext.

hope this helps
Salome
PatM

Davidmg

Post Number: 229
Posted on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 05:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Patm

It is more question for me as to see that the foot note is spelled differently as to the spelling in the paragraph followed by superscript reference
Davidmg

Jano

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 04:45 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello, this message is addressed only to the members of the figu and moderators, please I ask you to translate Billy's contacts into Spanish since in my country Argentina and throughout Latin America there are many people interested and not being translated into Spanish Are leaving many millions of people without this valuable information because the internet translators such as google and microsoft are not used for such task, I hope you consider it. Sincerely Alejandro

Norm

Post Number: 151
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 08:37 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the new TJ. Has anyone else noticed when sometimes the word Wiese / Wise is used in the English version it doesn't read correctly? So far only in the pre TJ. I haven't gotten to the actual TJ yet.

Norm

Post Number: 152
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 08:47 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's an example from the section Talmud Jammanuel, Important Facts.

"This happened in the wise that the disciples and disciplesses who were unknowledgeable of reading and writing.

Norm

Post Number: 153
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2017 - 10:00 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Again In the Talmud Jmmanuel, Believe, Knowledge, Superstition, Deluded Belief section.

"Which corresponds in a certain wise to a science "

Carolyn

Post Number: 33
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 05:51 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Norm, "Wiese" is "meadow" in German. Wise is spelled "weise". Also Wiese is capitalized because it's an object. The other word, "weise" is not capitalized because it is an adjective.
A time for every purpose under heaven

Norm3

Post Number: 143
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 08:00 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carolyn, even so having wise there in English doesn't read correctly.

Hoota_thunk

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 02:13 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Norm,

wise 2
[wahyz]
noun
way of proceeding or considering; manner; fashion (usually used in combination or in certain phrases): otherwise; in any wise; in no wise.
dictionary dot com

Patm

Post Number: 502
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 03:04 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Those learning German and wanting to more accurately translate the FIGU material must use the FIGU Dictionary:

re: 'die Weise' see Billy's/FIGU's/the Plejaren's preferred German to English translation of this at:
http://dict.figu.org/node/6020
AND
http://dict.figu.org/node/6021

Hope this helps

Salome
PatM

Corey

Post Number: 302
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 03:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Norm,

You must have not noticed all of FIGU's offical English translations use the english "wise" for the German "Weise" when it is used like it is in the TJ, as well as, "kind and wise" are used for the German "Art und Weise". Even in the English translations, according to Ptaah, the German definite article has to be translated (example = "the Evolution"), "wise" is one of those nuances that has to be translated into the English so you are being respectful of the source language, and it's word use probably comes from a recommendation direct from Billy. Official English translations go through a rigorous correction process by Christian Frehner, because German is usually not the mother tongue of the translator like it is for CF. For Benjamin Stevens to use "wise" in the way he did in the TJ is absolutely correct.

from page XV of "the Way to Live" (copyright BEAM-FIGU [Age of Aquarius publishing]:

"'kind and wise': Given that not only is the use of this phrase in this text very strange to the English reader, but its position in some sentences is potentially misleading, it is important to explain how these words are being used. This phrase as a translation of the German "Art und Weise" which is normally translated as "way", or "manner", or "respect". However Billy has explained that none of these words are adequate. However, "Art" simply means "kind" (as in, "behaviour of this kind", and "this kind of thinking") and Weise may really only be translated as "wise", which is to be understood in the same sense as "likewise", or "otherwise". "Kind" and "wise" may also be used individually in this text in unconventional ways."

example of how to correctly use the word "wise": If I say I am studying the spiritual teaching in an arduous wise, this means I am studying in an arduous way, and my type of studying is arduous.

Not to confuse the issue, "Weise" or "Weisen" can also be translated into "wise one" or "wise ones" because the use of this word in OM (for instance) is referring to a human-being who has reached wisdom, but this is not the case in the examples Norm provided which the use of "wise" is indicative of "type" or "manner", but these words according to the core-group are not adequate to use.
Salome/Corey Müske. -"Goblet of the Truth" page 488 & 489 (theme of overpopulation and not following what is natural):
----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----
27:62 "Ihr habt nur die Wahl, euch aus euren selbsterschaffenen Verstrickungen zu befreien und der Wahrheit der Schöpfung sowie ihren Gesetzen und Geboten Folge zu leisten – oder unterzugehen."

27:62 "You only have the choice to liberate yourselves out of your self-created entanglements and to follow the truth of the Creation as well as its laws and recommendations – or to go under."

Norm

Post Number: 154
Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2017 - 07:00 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, thanks everyone for your input.

Kiwiseeker

Post Number: 173
Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2018 - 07:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have the original Contact Books 1-12.Is there a list of errors/incosistencies which have been identified. If not,such a list would be useful.
Thanks

Kiwiseeker

Post Number: 203
Posted on Tuesday, September 01, 2020 - 06:20 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It seems that my question posted in 2018 still remains unanswered. I searched FIGU Schweitz for a correction section, but no such luck. Recently I was translating Nokodemjion and the number of leaders/sub-leaders who arrived 389,000 Ce was given as 144,228. My understanding is that it was 144,207 plus the JHWH. It is important that errors are corrected/listed, otherwise the truth wil become warped.
Charles

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 1252
Posted on Tuesday, September 01, 2020 - 07:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kiwiseeker

Are those not two different groups?

The highly evolved personalities that volunteered themselves to assist the prophets are the 144,228 who would have now reached the High Council level.

Here is a great presentation by Catherine Mossman from the FIGU Canada Group that includes information about these personalities who volunteered to assist the prophets.

MODERATORS I'm assuming this link is permitted?
My apologies if it is not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6q_z6b7Zms&t=3833s
Salome,
Eddie

In the *Goblet of the Truth* there it says:
Live always in love and in peace, foster freedom and harmony on Earth and never forget the real truth. Foster your life always in goodness of heart and live in the true BEING of the Creation. The *Goblet of the Truth* will wake you, not to the bane - but to the boon. (pg.3)

Ilovebilly

Post Number: 643
Posted on Tuesday, September 01, 2020 - 07:29 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gday kiwi

this link explains a lot about the 144k groups but u need to search to find the other snippets about 144k
http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/144,000

Salome
ilovebilly
Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining. Truly, I know that there is no resistance to my successes, also not in my thoughts and not in my imagination and also not in my feelings. 77 Being emotional is not logical but is temporary madness and you are either logical or mad not both, i am grateful for my emotions but need to control them.

Kiwiseeker

Post Number: 204
Posted on Thursday, September 03, 2020 - 01:16 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Eddie,
Thanks for the video reference. Very interesting. The figure of 144,207 (leaders & subleaders) was in my mind from earlier writings of Billy. Now I know that there were 8 groups of 144,228.
Charles

Kiwiseeker

Post Number: 205
Posted on Thursday, September 03, 2020 - 01:24 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ilovebilly,
That link was useful. C650 in particular.Learning never stops -it drive us forever onwards
Charles the Kiwi!

Hush

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, March 10, 2021 - 07:25 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Found a numbering error in Billy's book Warum der Mensch das wird, was er ist und Kampf den Depressionen, Page 194. The numbered list jumps from 27 to 30, and skips 28 & 29 in the sequence.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page