Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through September 02, 2008

Discussionboard of FIGU » Books and Booklets Area » "FIGU Bulletin" » Archive through September 02, 2008 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Markc

Post Number: 220
Posted on Wednesday, August 24, 2005 - 04:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Junior and David ;

I read years ago that he was a cousin .

Mark
Mark Campbell

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 58
Posted on Friday, August 26, 2005 - 10:38 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Junior & other FIGU friends,

Another good look through that bulletin fails to show any more in this regard. Sorry. Not one of our fields of expertise.

Salome,
Dyson & Vivienne

Junior

Post Number: 19
Posted on Sunday, August 28, 2005 - 04:14 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Friends,

Today i came across a website that mentioned the family tree of the prophet Mohammed, although i would imagine it is not complete, it can still be a clue, that if the prophet had a cousin by the name of Omar/Umar would be mentioned on the website, especially that it seems to me from the part of the bulletin, that he would have been mentioned in history, but not in the connection of him having altered the Teachings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_tree_of_Muhammad_ibn_Abdallah

But i will keep on looking till Billy answers the question i asked. Incase he is not able to give more info i would have already started to look else were for any leads. In most cases i will probably need to check through Arabic books for info. I might have better luck than the internet.
Peace to all, and one Love
Junior

David_chance

Post Number: 74
Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 10:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My wife said that Muhammad & Umar were distant cousins. A website gave this link between them:
http://www.ymofmd.com/books/Companion/01_umar_bin_al_khattab.htm
"The pedigree of Umar was: Umar the son of Khattab; the son of Nufail; the son of Abul Uzza; the son of Riza; the son of Ribah; the son of Qurat; the son of Adi; the son of Katb."
"The pedigree of the Holy Prophet was: Muhammad (peace be on him) the son of Abdullah; the son of Abdul Muttalib; the son of Hashim; the son of Abd Munaf; the son of Qussay; the son of Kulab; the son of Ka'b."
"...In the case of the Holy Prophet and Umar, Ka'b in the ninth degree was their common ancestor."

Rarena

Post Number: 266
Posted on Friday, September 07, 2007 - 09:40 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Figu Bulletin number 61 is now available at Figu.org, it is about a recent lack of Plejaren craft, overpopulation and fluidal energies...

http://www.figu.org/ch/files/downloads/bulletin/figu_bulletin_61.pdf?download

Rarena

Post Number: 282
Posted on Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually should correct that... not a lack of Plejaren craft, just more well cloaked...

If memory serves correctly it may have been, at this time... at least partially translated to English by Dyson on his site: Gaiaguys.net.

Rarena

Post Number: 285
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 08:29 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sonder Special Bulliten 40 is now out in four languages: Spanish, English, French and German:
http://www.figu.org/ch/files/downloads/bulletin/figu_sonder_bulletin_40.pdf?download

Rarena

Post Number: 286
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 07:37 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Bulletin contains: The Earth Charter a document for the betterment of all mankind, on Earth. It is also in Italian. Read down the page to find your language. This is a wonderful document and much thought has driven it here...

Give it to the leaders of the world.

Markc

Post Number: 561
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While reading the Earth Charter I noticed that a writer is not mentioned . It seems that this was a conscious decision in wisdom , and I surmise that the intention is for any government to employ the principles at any time , instead of it having to conform to the will of the writer , which would be impossible in our time or the near future .
Mark Campbell

Leann

Post Number: 61
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 04:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Mark,
If you mean the author of the bulletin, when I right clicked on the document it says Bernadette Brand is the author. Hope you are well.
Leann

Markc

Post Number: 562
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 11:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Leann , I missed it because I printed it out .

Mark
Mark Campbell

Rarena

Post Number: 288
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 07:50 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Mark,

Good point. More important that who wrote it is what it says.

This was most likely the work of a group, Bernadette (a very wise woman) may have physically written it down, as she does so many of the intelligent documents that come from Switzerland... yet, it is obvious the scope of this profound document was from the minds of many... Much wisdom here.

Badr

Post Number: 235
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 01:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Markc and Leann,

For your information Bernadette is the one responsible for the Bulletins, so any published Bulletin will be under her name because it is done on her computer, but that doesn�t mean she wrote the contents within the Bulletin.

Thought it might help out. So if you really need to know, you can always contact FIGU.

Salome, Badr

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 167
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 02:00 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A partial list of the authors is as follows:

Homero Aridjis, A. T. Ariyaratne, Leonardo Boff, Jane Goodall, Mikhail Gorbachev, Ruud Lubbers, Wangari Maathai, Federico Mayor, Jan Pronk, Henriette Rasmussen, Mohamed Sahnoun, Awraham Soetendorp, Maurice Strong, HRH Princess Basma Bint Talal, Mary Evelyn Tucker, Erna Witoelar, Yunhua Liu, Kamla Chowdhry (In Memorium)

www.earthcharter.org

Daniel_j_franco

Post Number: 1
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2007 - 03:13 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello all,

Go to http://www.earthcharterinaction.org/read_charter.shtml to download a PDF version of the Earth Charter as published by The Earth Charter Initiative. At the end of the English language version PDF is this:
ORIGIN OF THE EARTHCHARTER
The Earth Charter was created by the independent Earth Charter Commission, which was convened as a follow-up to the 1992 Earth Summit in order to produce a global consensus statement of values and principles for a sustainable future. The document was developed over nearly a decade through an extensive process of international consultation, to which over five thousand people contributed. The Charter has been formally endorsed by thousands of organizations, including UNESCO and the IUCN (World Conservation Union). For more information, please visit www.EarthCharter.org.

Go to the web page entitled “About the Earth Charter” at http://www.earthcharterinaction.org/about_charter.shtml to read, as stated by The Earth Charter Initiative, the history of the Earth Charter.

Also go to http://www.earthcharterinaction.org/country.shtml for their year 2007 brochures.

Daniel J. Franco

P.S.: Please know that I hadn’t seen or heard of the Earth Charter until the FIGU bulletin.

Fisher

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 01:43 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am happy to hear that the Earth Charter is, as I understand, endorsed by Figu. This document is studied and promoted in my country (New Zealand) to students in the growing field of environmental and resourse management law.

I am interested to know if there is anyone on this forum who has studied the Earth Charter extensively and might have something to say about how it fits in with Billy's teachings.

Salome

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 228
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 10:29 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Fisher,

If you go to the FIGU Society USA home page and click on the topic, "Social Issues" which appears at the top heading bar, you will see a pull-down menu of related topics such as Overpopulation and Environmental Catastrophe. There, you will find articles written by Billy himself, such as, Crusade Against Overpopulation and The Desert Will Win that best articulate the teachings as they relate to the Earth Charter.

Fisher

Post Number: 9
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 01:47 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for that Phi_spiral. I have looked over these articles before but will give them a more thorough read now.

Salome

Fisher

Post Number: 13
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 05:15 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone,

I have just read in FIGU bulletin volume 1 number 8 from august 1996 about the "Pleiedian Self Help Project Earth". Is there anyone here who has participated?

Salome

Fisher

Post Number: 14
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2008 - 05:30 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am asking because I heard about this letter years ago (at least I think it was this one because it was supposedly something to do with ET's) when someone I knew told me he had done it and actually received some money. I wonder how many people fell for it?

Redbeard

Post Number: 24
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 07:50 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have come to understand that some of billy's books in german have a code implanted in the text that when read has a positive spiritual effect on the reader or if read aloud also benefits the listener. I have also heard that the effect or benefit occurs whether or not the person reading or listening understands the german language.

Is this true that there is a code that aids one in their spiritual pursuits contained in books written by billy that must be read in the german only books?

Is it true that you don't even have to know german to get the benefit from it, just read it or have it read to you?

I am currently planning to learn the German language anyway so that I could get billy's teachings sooner but I wondered about this claim as stated above relating to the code.

I also wanted to know which books contain the code and the correct procedure for purchasing them. I have been to the Swiss Figu website and it looks like a person must mail payment to them for books but I am not fully versed in the procedure of currency exchange issues from the USA. Has anyone else made this kind of purchase from the Swiss web site.

Thankyou, Matt

To live in this world I must become strong and develop tenacity with regard to my consciousness and my intellect.}

Norm

Post Number: 1197
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 06:18 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Matt, you are correct on both parts.

I've sent checks & money orders for books. With no problems. Why don't you email them & find out.

http://shop.figu.org/contact_us.php
My Website

Markc

Post Number: 681
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 10:50 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Matt ;

You will need to get an international money order , or bank draft . Ask your bank if their location offers this service . They'll charge a small fee .

There are (I think) other ways to do this but I havent tried them .

Figu re your shipping costs by weight . It's all described in english on the shop site .

MC
Mark Campbell

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page