Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through April 22, 2010

Discussionboard of FIGU » General Area » Non-FIGU Related » Archived Topics » The Human Body » Diet » Archive through April 22, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Markcampbell

Post Number: 431
Posted on Friday, March 26, 2010 - 10:51 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have thought that gluten allergies are like other allergies , ascerbated by airborne toxins as well as alcohol . There are other factors such as sugar , dairy products and artificial sweeteners which are underestimated in their negative influence . Certain forms or water , such as city tap water are an underestimated concern as well .

Justsayno

Post Number: 196
Posted on Saturday, March 27, 2010 - 08:59 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi David, or maybe it's the dioxin in the wheat which is the real culprit? If you knew the process in which wheat is grown, you would have all the answers. Just how many pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, fungicides and even fumigation can one body take?
"How the hell would you know what my line looks like, it's imaginary." - my Dad, after being told by the police to walk a straight line.

Earthling

Post Number: 425
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2010 - 10:10 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know the Plejaren recommend zinc histidine, vitamin C, assorted minerals & other vitamins.

Does anyone have a comprehensive list recommended by the Plejaren, of dietary supplements for us terrestrialites, and what quality or brand fits their criteria?

Many thanks in advance.

Sergi

Post Number: 4
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2010 - 06:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Earthling,

I think thats a good question. I'd like to see that list too if there is one.

For Vitamin C, I take 2000 milligrams daily in slow release tablet form. I wonder if that is the correct ammount and form according to what the P's say we should take?

Indi

Post Number: 452
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2010 - 06:35 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Practically speaking, as a professional in this area, there is very little that has been offered by the Plejaren that is not already known by earth research.

What is followed by mainstream professionals and the bulk of the population though, is not necessarily that which is most beneficial. In order to find what is, one must do research, or find someone they trust who has done research, and see the logic in the science of nutritional supplementation and go from there.

As far as 'brands' to use, that is a minefield, and one just has to do the research, find out about the ethics of the companies and go from there.

The Plejaren have different needs than we do, and even though they have made comments about what 'we' should be taking, and Billy has also, I don't think it is particularly useful to hang on their comments above/instead of doing your own research in this field, as I have said, their offerings are quite basic in that department in the material and comparable to much current earth knowledge.

Eat as much fresh food as possible, that is still recognizable as the name it is given. Avoid overly processed foods. Take supplements that are known to be deficient in your diet, or your body, and source your food if possible from farms whose farming practices maximise nutrition rather just yield.

We are being forced to consume foods not fit for human consumption in my opinion, and people who buy these foods are helping to line the pockets of corporations who care in no way for the health of those they sell to. It is our responsibility to know what we are putting into our mouths, before we swallow it.
Robyn

Justsayno

Post Number: 224
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2010 - 07:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Robyn, you are so very right, everything you said. I'm lucky that my local health store has quite knowledgable staff when it comes to good quality supplements.
Hi Sergei, the Plejaren do suggest an amount of Vitamin C which is 14 mg per 1 kg of body weight per day. It's in contact report #260.
Hi Bruce, years ago I came across a comprehensive list of RDA (recommended daily allowance) which I posted on our bloggedy blog blog (which happens to be sorely neglected). It should be about half way down on the first page:
www.checkyou.blogspot.com
It basically worked out to a few multi-vitamins, 70 essential minerals, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin B, selenium, zinc, chromium, calcium/magnesium. My herbalist and I disagree because she says that if a person is on 15 different supplements, only 3 will be working at any given time. Whereas I think that your body needs all of that because we cannot get it from our food. All the healthy people I know, do take vitamins and supplements.
"How the hell would you know what my line looks like, it's imaginary." - my Dad, after being told by the police to walk a straight line.

Markcampbell

Post Number: 451
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2010 - 07:50 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ptaah has mentioned manganese , zinc histidine and C ( as has been mentioned recently )as being the main recommended vitamins .

I wonder what would happen if you lit a match to a small pile of this combination ? It would probably outlive us all .

Earthling

Post Number: 426
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2010 - 07:58 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thank everyone for their suggestions!

Michael_horn

Post Number: 246
Posted on Monday, April 19, 2010 - 05:53 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ptaah had also said that there was a substance in a particular German vitamin preparation that contained a substance that enhanced the human life span, though the scientists didn't yet know it. I forget the exact name of the product but I saw it in Switzerland and, as I recall, the only ingredient that I didn't recognize right away was also the first one, DMAE. The product was called Vita something or other but I think it's the DMAE that was the most important ingredient.

Markcampbell

Post Number: 453
Posted on Monday, April 19, 2010 - 10:02 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Michael ;

It's a substance of particular importance to brain function . Dimethyl.....amino ethanol . I just happen to have a bottle , thank you for reminding me to take some of it !

Mark

Michael_horn

Post Number: 249
Posted on Monday, April 19, 2010 - 10:47 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Reminding you to take your brain function supplement? Mark, I think we need to talk.

Techieatwork

Post Number: 107
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 12:51 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the best memory enhancer supplement is... wait.. what was it??

:-)
Salome
Carlos
--
Billy: Dann sprichst du eben in geraffter Form.
Quetzal: Das will ich tun.

Mahigitam

Post Number: 179
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 03:59 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so manganese, vitamin C, zinc histidine & DMAE are recommended for all ages ?

or these should be taken as a regular supplements?
Until you know yourself, just shut your mouth - mahigitam..

Markcampbell

Post Number: 456
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 11:26 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually ,I did forget to take it last night. I don't remember why ,though .......

Indi

Post Number: 453
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 04:34 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No one can or should recommend a blanket prescription of supplements, even if written in the contact notes in my opinion.

First, our bodies need a balanced intake of all those things necessary to maintain its function.

Second, it is possible to supplement with things we don't 'need' but things that have a therapeutic action. There are zillions of these, all having benefits of some kind, many being expensive, but many being not so expensive. One must go searching and research these, and make up their own mind which of the additional to necessary supplements one is prepared to take to gain a therapeutic benefit.

Pulling out one or two vitamins or minerals, and taking them without understanding about nutrient balance, is no different to believing anything written about any topic. Taking these things without knowledge could create an imbalance, and without knowledge about side effects, one can end up problems just from the supplementation. This is more common than people think.

Read about the pros and cons of everything you put into your body. The Figu material is full of advice on knowing each pole of everything, in order to reach knowledge and then wisdom. There is no difference here.

It is also offered throughout the teachings, that having knowledge about as many facets of our natural world, gives an advantage that experience and knowledge gives.

So, take the information in the contact notes, and research it for yourselves. Then you can make your decision based on a much more rounded position of knowledge, and you will then have more control over it if you need to adjust things along the way. To me this is basic!

When you begin on this journey of research, you will discover that for every 'for' argument there is an 'against' argument. This means, you have to make up your mind which argument convinced you more with logic etc.....

Robyn

Matt

Post Number: 143
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 05:18 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Robyn, if its (vitamins) in the contact notes, then why can't we discuss that topic like everything else. Why should a ban, so to speak, be imposed on talking about vitamins, ect.

Why can't a new section be opened up where people can discuss this knowing that Figu doesn't endorse anything in that section?

Techieatwork

Post Number: 109
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 05:32 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear all.

I agree with Robyn. Out of my own experience. Taking some supplements when not needed, used to throw my body out of balance and gave me real visible and painful side effects.

If you are feeling healthy, alert, happy, there is no reason to put any extra punch in the diet.

Just have handy lots of veggies, fruits, from different latitudes, all year round.. even if they are irrigated with some toxins, a healthy liver will clean them out..

Try to filter your drinking water (reverse osmosis), and try to eat some soft-cooked legumes

The body will give you signs, and your own experience (intuition) will point you towards what's missing.

Most times just a good sleep is enough to come back strong again.

Experience is mostly gained by quiet observation of the sensations & tingles within your own body.
Salome
Carlos
--
Billy: Dann sprichst du eben in geraffter Form.
Quetzal: Das will ich tun.

Indi

Post Number: 454
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 05:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Discussing what is in the contact notes is not the same as telling someone what they should or should not take. It is not appropriate for a general forum such as this, to give advice on what people should put into their bodies.

There is no ban on reporting what is in the notes, however, in the case of supplements, one has to make up their own mind about what to take into one's body. It is simply inappropriate for anyone on this forum to tell anyone else what to take into their bodies.

Even on forums dedicated to this, full of so-called professionals, there is lack of agreement.

Invariably, on this forum, every time a post comes about what is mentioned in the contacts on vitamins and supplements, someone asks what they should take and then people want to know brands etc..... This is moving out of the realm of the forum.

The taking of any vitamin, mineral, amino acid, food, anti-oxidant, etc...... just because it is mentioned in the contacts, is not taking into consideration all that is not mentioned in this regard or specific needs of individuals.

Eg., manganese is a trace mineral, and taking too much, which is not difficult to do, can lead to nervous system damage. Any supplement, taken on its own, can lead to an imbalance rather quickly.

As I said above, find out the snippets that are mentioned in the contacts, and then go and research them yourself. There is no guarantee of 'health' by taking the supplements and eating the foods mentioned by Ptaah or Billy.

What's there to discuss with regard to supplements that is not in the realm of those with specific knowledge, other than the fact that it was mentioned in the contact notes?

Robyn

Matt

Post Number: 144
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 08:02 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Robyn, I think I understand now why it shouldn't be allowed to be discussed at this forum, thanks.

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 1150
Posted on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 05:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Robyn,

I've been following this thread with interest and appreciate your input.

I have a couple of questions.

You wrote, "Practically speaking, as a professional in this area, there is very little that has been offered by the Plejaren that is not already known by earth research."

I was under the impression that you were a professional psychologist. Are you also a professional nutritionist? And have you now read everything on offer from the Plejaren?

You wrote, "Any supplement, taken on its own, can lead to an imbalance rather quickly."

Does this (in your professional view) also include zinc and vitamin C, as recommended by the Plejaren?

IMO, "telling" (advising?) people what to put into their stomachs is quite similar to "telling" (advising?) people what to put into their minds, and probably not a lot more dangerous, just maybe quicker. :-)

Thanks,
Dyson

Indi

Post Number: 456
Posted on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 06:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dyson, I have many qualifications ranging from psychology to the health sciences and also in the physical therapy area, and one of them is in Clinical Nutrition. I have been studying all my adult life!

I am sure there are many people on this forum with multiple skills.

Re what I have read from the Plejaren:
well, I am not sure why you insist on using that tone with people on the forum, however, I have access to almost all of the material available, and am quite capable of doing searches through that material for relevant info to do with many different topics. I think I am missing one contact book at this time.

I will say though that when Ptaah has offered info on various vitamins and minerals, it has not been in the same context as is mentioned on the forum. Ptaah often mentions that we need the vitamins and minerals, and trace minerals etc.... in a balance, and then he might discuss one in particular, almost in a highlight fashion to give more info on it.

To take that info out of context and only take that mineral without the balance that is needed by the body is misinterpreting many of the conversations in the contact notes.

Each individual will need a different balance depending on their diet, lifestyle and their genetic inheritance, and state of mind/psyche.

From my perspective it is clear that there is a massive difference between advising people what nutrients to take based on contact notes conversations and "what to put into their minds" as you said, as people have ideas about health that are similar to religious ideas. That is why with each 'flavour of the month' supplement, there are big sales after publicity of said supplements.

You can take too much of anything, including food. Of course that is just logic.
Everything needs to be in balance. Vitamins and minerals and trace minerals etc... work in synergy with other elements, and are involved in countless processes within the body. Take too much of one thing, and the nutrient 'pool' is affected, and the body has to scramble to make up this imbalance constantly.

The moderators decided ages ago, that this forum is not the place for specific advice on supplements, herbs, etc...... other than just general comment, or reporting, hopefully in full context what is mentioned in contacts.

Robyn

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 1152
Posted on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 10:38 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Robyn,

Thank you, most cordially and sincerely, for providing answers to my questions, as well as for your advice and clarifications.

I also apologise for my "tone" (if I have offended you) which I honestly cannot make any more friendly and diplomatic than it already is without running the risk of starting to sound sarcastic.

The theme of nutrition is very important in FIGU. Point number 48, in "FIGU in a Nutshell", states, "We live by the conviction that balanced nutrition alone (vegetables, fruits, berries, cereal, meat, other animal products and the like) guarantees a healthy way of life and development (physical, psychic and consciousness-related)."

http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/Billy_Meier/FIGU#FIGU_in_a_Nutshell

Salome,
Dyson

Justsayno

Post Number: 232
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 09:27 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For the link to many articles about Linus Pauling and the othomolecular website that carries on his tradition:
free subscription link http://orthomolecular.org/subscribe.html
and also the OMNS archive link http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/index.shtml
My all time favourite is:
www.doctoryourself.com Dr. Andrew Saul's website and who is now the editor at orthomolecular.org. That's where I found the concoction for muscular dystrophy when our friends child was diagnosed with it a few years ago. He even rides a bicycle now.
And for the lastest health related news:
www.mercola.com

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page