Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through May 06, 2010

Discussionboard of FIGU » General Area » Non-FIGU Related » Archived Topics » The Human Body » Diet » Archive through May 06, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Indi

Post Number: 457
Posted on Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 08:06 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Dyson
I was not offended at all by your post. I just felt that there were some unnecessary inclusions.

When you wrote:
I was under the impression that you were a professional psychologist. Are you also a professional nutritionist? And have you now read everything on offer from the Plejaren?

....I detected the 'tone' I referred to. It came across as though you felt I was making claims that I should not be making.

Do I need to spell out or qualify how many books from Figu I own or have read before I make any comments on the forum about what is contained within them?

I would have thought that when people make comments re the material, it is presumed they have read it?

Dyson, you can sound a little patronizing at times.

Re Figu's stance on nutrition, of course that is commendable, but Figu are not the only ones taking this stance. Many people, including myself have been aware of the need for good nutrition for a very long time (I have been looking after my own health for more than 35 years now) and it is because of this, and my ongoing interest in this field, that I can adequately say that there is very little offered by the Plejaren in the conatact notes 'about nutrition' that is not already known on earth, and has been known for quite a long time.

I would like to encourage everyone to take personal responsibility for their own health and nutrition. One can begin with just reading and evaluating the pros and cons of everything. Without reading rebuttal info on eg.,supplements,organic versus mainstream food, raw versus cooked, vegetarian versus meat-eating etc........., one cannot make an educated choice. It is an educated choice that empowers one, and is of course one of the pivotal teachings offered by the Figu -- being able to balance both sides to form a clear conclusion -- positive and negative poles of everything etc.......

However, because there are many opinions, and much contradictory evidence on all this, and differing vantage points to view it all, that is why giving advice is inappropriate for this forum.

Keep it as simple as you can, is my advice. Know what you are putting into your bodies. Test how it makes you feel. Do not be a 'sheeple' but be discerning, and be prepared to change your mind along the way. Each of us has different needs to some degree. Discover what yours are and go from there.

Here is a link to a site that is full of 'contradictory' info, that I have found worthwhile to peruse, as it offers another viewpoint on various opinions held fast by most. I find his research to quite compelling in the light of what else is offered out there. Of course, there are many more very interesting sites that offer alternate viewpoints that are worth visiting as well.

www.raypeat.com

The thing I like about sites like the above, is that it gives you an opportunity to 'shake up' your currently held understanding of things, which has to be a good thing in our quest for truth, knowledge and wisdom.

Robyn

Justsayno

Post Number: 235
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 06:44 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dyson, I agree with what you said. I said it all last night in my post that didn't get posted. Funny that the mods only let posts go through which are against you. So I'll repeat it since it has to do with the FIGU stance on all you have to do is make a lifestyle change and eat good food. So unless someone makes a lifestyle change there's no help for them? I don't agree with that. Because I know from experience there are many different diseases that can be cured by vitamins. No offense to doctors but they do receive less than 6 months training in nutrition. I think people have every right to know that hospitals DO NOT test for nutritional deficiencies.
If Ptaah says take 14 mg of vitamin C per kg per day. I'm going to listen to that because it's good information. If it's in the contact notes why shouldn't it be discussed? Robin, are you suggesting this is not good information?
Darren, don't tell me that you're not discerning enough to know the difference between this vital information and "flavours of the month"? As well Robin seems also to have a persistant negative tone towards Dyson.
"How the hell would you know what my line looks like, it's imaginary." - my Dad, after being told by the police to walk a straight line.

Scott

Post Number: 1977
Posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 07:53 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Justsayno,

Although I am not the one who rejected your post, there comes a point where things have to stop. It never fails when we (moderators) try and stop the mud slinging, the person who doesn't get to have his last shot will react like he or she is being singled out...this is not the case.

Justsayno

Post Number: 236
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 09:34 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Scott for allowing my post.
Robin said "Pulling out one or two vitamins or minerals, and taking them without understanding about nutrient balance, is no different to believing anything written about any topic. Taking these things without knowledge could create an imbalance, and without knowledge about side effects, one can end up problems just from the supplementation. This is more common than people think."

Hi Robin, what is the imbalance caused by taking the amounts of Vitamin C that is suggested?
"How the hell would you know what my line looks like, it's imaginary." - my Dad, after being told by the police to walk a straight line.

Indi

Post Number: 460
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 05:31 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Robin, are you suggesting this is not good information?

No!

Darren

Post Number: 235
Posted on Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 03:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Justsayno, the negative tone from Dyson to Robyn started elsewhere and ended here. Thats how I saw it. And thats your opinion if you saw it like that. I in fact saw it the other way around as did other people. I only saw her defending herself from his attacks.

Thats all i am going to say here unless its related to diet.

Justsayno

Post Number: 238
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2010 - 07:51 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Robin I think it's more common that people don't take the amounts of vitamins that they should. Problems from supplementation? Where are the bodies? More people die in one year from aspirin than all the people who have ever died from taking vitamins. If you happen to take more than you should, your body will just excrete it. But this is highly unlikely as vitamins are sold in such small amounts.
In early 2006 the US National Institutes of Health attempted to cast doubt on vitamins. They came to the following conclusion: "The overall quality and quantity of the literature on the safety of multivitamin/mineral supplements is limited."
meanwhile:
http://www.orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v01n13.shtml
"According to David DeRose, M.D., M.P.H., "300,000 Americans die annually from poor nutrition choices." (5) Supplements make any dietary lifestyle, whether good or bad, significantly better. Supplements are an easy, practical entry-level better-nutrition solution for the public, who are more likely to take convenient vitamin tablets than to willingly eat organ meats, wheat germ, and ample vegetables. Scare-stories notwithstanding, taking supplements is not the problem; it is a solution. Malnutrition is the problem."
Deaths by Vitamin (same article):
"Fatalities are by no means limited to drug products. In the USA in the year 2003, there was a death from "Cream / lotion / makeup," a death from "Granular laundry detergent," one death from plain soap, one death from baking soda, and one death from table salt.
Other deaths reported by the American Association of Poison Control Centers included:
aspirin: 59 deaths
aerosol air fresheners: 2 deaths
perfume/cologne/aftershave: 2 deaths
charcoal: 3 deaths
dishwashing detergent: 3 deaths
(and interestingly, weapons of mass destruction: 0 deaths)
On the other hand, nutritional supplements have proven to be exceptionally safe. Specifically:
There were no deaths from B-complex vitamin supplements.
There were no deaths from niacin.
There were no deaths from vitamin A.
There were no deaths from vitamin D.
There were no deaths from vitamin E.
There was, supposedly, one alleged death from vitamin C and one alleged death from vitamin B-6. The accuracy of such attribution is highly questionable, as water-soluble vitamins such as B-6 (pyridoxine) and vitamin C (ascorbate) have excellent safety records extending back for many decades. The 2003 Toxic Exposures Surveillance System report states that reported deaths are "probably or undoubtedly related to the exposure," an admission of uncertainty in the reporting. (p 340) "

Thomas

Post Number: 926
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2010 - 11:14 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

as far as i know only water soluble vitamins in excess are passed out of th= e body easily and those which are fat soluble can be overdosed on.
patricksdadinfrance@yahoo.com

Justsayno

Post Number: 240
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 06:41 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Thomas, how many people died from overdosing on fat soluble vitamins?

Thomas

Post Number: 929
Posted on Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 08:42 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First of all, how on Earth would I know that? And second,I never said anyon= e died, though maybe they have.=A0 I said "overdose" which in this case mea= ns "had serious negative health implications as a result of excessive quant= ity of the substance in question."
patricksdadinfrance@yahoo.com

Edward

Post Number: 1776
Posted on Friday, April 30, 2010 - 02:13 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Sheila and All...

Would agree with you.

I guess we should just take the supplements when we think we really need
them. If I feel very fit in the morning, I will not take any supplements.

Thus: only, when I feel the need.

But, the Plejarans do make a very clear point when they say we need
this-and-that vitamines, because we lack this vitamine in our body, daily.
[Due, to all the toxic elements in our atmosphere, etc...; which Negatively
affect our health/body: Prevetion is better than...Healing; no?]

Thus we should Shield our body from further decay, etc...before it is too
late.

But, again: everybody their own way, of application/administering it, no?

So, I guess all mean well, but are just walking passed each other, here, so to
speak.

Remember, it is all about: Balance! [And each and every individual,
differs...]

Edward.

Mgilbo1

Post Number: 117
Posted on Saturday, May 01, 2010 - 10:21 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting conversation on vitamins. I take a multi-vitamin every day but in my vit there are only 1000IU of vit D and 120mg of vit C. Not enough of both in my opinion so I take an extra 5000IU of Vitamin D and 1500mg of vitamin c every day. Even though today I would consider myself overweight "too many sports in my day so I have bad arthritis", I don't get sick like many so-called healthy or skinny people. It shows that looks can be deceiving when someone is young.

My girlfriend doesn't take vitamins and she's always coming down with a cough, cold or flu. There is a membership mag called Life Extension that I joined that has some great info. They do blood tests for their members and when they reviewed the blood tests, they found that over 70% of all of their members were vit D deficient to severe levels.

Balance is great but when it comes to balance, yours may be different than mine and that's why Ptaah gave you the vit C requirement based on weight.
Mark Gilbo

Sergi

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, May 02, 2010 - 03:09 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"More people die in one year from aspirin than all the people who have ever died from taking vitamins."

Hi Justsayno,

I was under the impression that no one could die from aspirin. How did they die and how much did they take? (Are you referring to normal strength aspirin tablet there?)

I take one low strength 100mg aspirin tablet a day because I heard it is very beneficial to always having thin blood. Apparently 100mg is all that is needed to thin the blood.

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 1181
Posted on Sunday, May 02, 2010 - 03:18 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Sergi,

I used to work in a big metropolitan hospital.

People would be brought in who had tried to murder themselves with aspirin. I does work, but the medicos contended that it was just about the most agonising and lingering suicide you could do. Usually it only(!) destroyed the liver, so it took YEARS to finally be relieved of an excruciatingly painful half-life.

Overdosages vary enormously depending on many different factors.

Salome,
Dyson

Bronzedesk

Post Number: 113
Posted on Sunday, May 02, 2010 - 10:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope they weren't using percentages as viable referable points. Gads in the whole city of 1 one is one hundred percent!

Go Figure though it must work because car dealer, doctors, politicians and even pharmaceuticals, especially use it just to get rid of an opponent, to price increase or decrease, so to speak!

Kind of like using the price $3.99 instead of $4.00 simply because the mind sees, it as cheaper!
First you forget names, then you forget faces. Next you forget to pull your zipper up and finally, you forget to pull it down. George Burns

Sergi

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, May 02, 2010 - 07:53 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dyson,

Thanks for that info! I wasn't aware aspirins have that effect on the liver.

So would it be advisable for me to stop taking an aspirin daily even if it is such a low dose? Thx.

Indi

Post Number: 471
Posted on Sunday, May 02, 2010 - 11:41 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Sergi
please don't ask for health advice from individuals on this forum. It has been spelled out quite clearly in previous posts.

Posts that respond to Sergi with advice in this regard will be rejected.

You must seek an answer to your query in a more suitable place or from your own research, or see your health practitioner.

Robyn

Justsayno

Post Number: 245
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 08:53 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Thomas, I said "how many people died from overdosing on fat soluble vitamins?"
You said "First of all, how on Earth would I know that? And second,I never said anyone died, though maybe they have."

No they haven't. As I posted in #238 there were no deaths from Vitamins A, D & E. And it looks like the deaths caused from Vitamin K were from using an insuperior product.
So what are the long term health effects other than maybe vomitting and diarhea?. Heck I get that from eating fast food.

Edward

Post Number: 1779
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 12:47 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mark.....

Yes, you got the idea.

And, indeed, vit C should indeed be administrated/consumed as Ptaah mentioned.

Too much vit C is very unhealthy, as you may know. Which I also, only consume
when needed. Helps me get through winter months without me catching a cold.

Thus, in the winter months I consume more vit C than the warm and hot summer
months. In the summer, when I do consume vit C, in drink format, I tend to -
Over Heat - my body. Which is not good, of course. So, I just adapt drinking
vit C in the hot months, slightly; and/or substitute this with vit C pill
format.

But, in general I feel very healthy and fit in the summer months and have an
excellent remedy for my hay fever.

Edward.

Smukhuti

Post Number: 353
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 10:31 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In 216th contact Meier talks about tomatoes, especially cooked tomatoes containing certain active substances that help prevent cancer.

Is this active substance lycopene - as written in most medical and health site?

Then would it automatically mean that other lycopene rich vegetables like carrot and watermelon would have the same effect?
Salome.
Suv

Markcampbell

Post Number: 475
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 10:25 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Should we be discussing this ? I feel a sense of adventure and ... nutrition while I type these words .

One who cooks carrots and peas in the same pot , have been told , is unsanitary .

Edward

Post Number: 1781
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 12:00 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Suv....

Am familiar with your: lycopene rich vegetables like carrot and watermelon
would have the same effect?

Alas, I can not confirm any answer....

Edward.

Justsayno

Post Number: 254
Posted on Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 08:14 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Suv, the tomato is much higher in lycopene than watermelon and carrots have really low amounts.
For all food:
http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/nutrientsearch.php?nutid=337

carrots:
http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/nutritionsorted.php?search=carrot&nutid=337

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page