Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through July 14, 2010

Discussionboard of FIGU » General Area » FIGU Related » Visiting the Semjase Silver Star Center » Archive through July 14, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Jokoveltman

Post Number: 45
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 10:39 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Matt,

Another note - there is a train station in the Geneva airport.

Randy,

Hi! Now I can match a face to the name.

Salome,

Tim

Mattopenminds

Post Number: 25
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 07:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The figu forum works! Thanks to Mark, Suv, Rarena, Richard & Tim for your thoughtful responses and info.

Rarena - Thanks for the info. I've already booked the hotel, the Freihof. The Zum Adler sounds better but I have to work for six days at the centre so need somewhere within walking distance to and from the centre. Not sure what time I'll be needed at the centre so wanted to remain flexible.

Richard - Thanks for the positive message. I want to see as much of Switzerland by train, travelling Eastwards, as I can. The photos Billy took of Switzerland are beautiful. What about that Swiss countryside? Not just the floaty metallic things in the sky but the lush green grass, Pines, rugged but smoothed ancient hills and mountains, and clean air. Can't wait to experience it.

Tim - Sounds really good, thanks. I'm arriving in Geneva airport after 9pm. Is that too late to meet? My plan was to sleep overnight in Geneva and take the train in the morning to get to Schmidruti. I'd really like to see a bit of Geneva, coffee sounds good. I'm planning on staying overnight in a hotel in Geneva that I hope would have travel info. Haven't booked the hotel in Geneva yet. Any ideas? How can I contact you without posting it to everyone?

Salome

Matt

Mahigitam

Post Number: 198
Posted on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 10:43 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Matt, if possible do take videos of visitors working, activities of the FIGU members and also the areas near & around the SSSC (also the places where meier took beamship photographs if at all possible, they are more than 20 kms away form center, it will be difficult i guess)...

How about posting these videos visiting SSSC in YOUTUBE with "Visit to SSSC" channel..it wud be a treat for all of us who are not able to make it to SSSC....
The real does not die, the unreal never lived - Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

Jokoveltman

Post Number: 46
Posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 01:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Matt,

Perhaps it is best, if I answer your questions via email. You can write me at jokoveltman[at]gmail[dot]com. (Randy, if you're reading this, could you send me a quick message, too? I wanted to ask what you think of the electrosmog device.)

Salome,

Tim

Rarena

Post Number: 584
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 07:34 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Matt,

The Freihof is great, say hi to Kobe (short for Jocob) and Ursula, they are great people and the Freihof has an uncommon charm... You will love it...

I've posted Videos and photos on my facebook site if anyone wants to live vicariously at SSSC see facebook name: RandyArena.

Below is a photo taken by Catherine of Tim and I at SSSC this year (2010)...

Salome

SSSC 2010

Mattopenminds

Post Number: 26
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 05:10 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Moderators,

Please ignore my previous email. I have contacted the SSSC and confirmed with them when I am working. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks everyone for your messages of encouragement. I'll report back when I've been to the SSSC. Really looking forward to it.

If anyone needs advice on how to get to the SSSC from the UK without a car I'll be happy to advise.

Salome,

Matt

Mattopenminds

Post Number: 27
Posted on Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 07:20 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Forum members,

After visiting the SSC, I now have experience of Urda human beings living successfully together communally, lovingly and peacefully, in harmony with each other and with Creation.

The SSC really is beautiful and I was fortunate enough to work there whilst it was hot and sunny. The centre has a soundtrack of tweeting Canaries, whooping Peacocks and hypnotic and melodic wind-chimes. Everywhere you look, you see beauty and the hard work that has been done by Billy and the FIGU members over the years.

Peace is not an ideal at the centre, it is an established and tangible quality that pervades everything there. I sensed it most during a Peace meditation with Core members. Peace felt thicker than the cool air that gave us all some respite from the heat and I was aware of a mental fluidal 'stew' that was thick with Creational qualities. I was very aware of my thoughts whilst there and of taking responsibility for my thoughts. I wanted my consciousness to harmonise with the SSC residents' like a good note amongst the wind chimes that hang above the patio outside the main building. I worked to pull weeds out of the centre ground but also to weed out certain ideas and thoughts that had been dominating my mind in England and that had caused delusional, non-loving or non-creational thoughts to disturb my sense of inner peace. After coming back to England, I am more aware now than ever of maintaining this state of mind and can now feel the marked difference in terms of the discordance I now feel all around me from degenerate behaviours, radio and cable signals, Cars and governing ideologies dominating the minds of those in my own country. I have only to remember my time at the centre and I am back to where I want to be. My challenge now is face myself and the world for what it is, stand firm and develop my consciousness in terms of its capacity for Peace, Love and Wisdom. Oh... and to learn German.

I worked six days on various areas at the SSC and met some really friendly intelligent people, many who have authored books or articles I have read and who have appeared in Michael's film 'The Silent Revolution of Truth'. I was very relieved to find that FIGU members are essentially hard working, practical, down-to-earth people who live as they teach. Everyone made the effort to talk English to me but my lack of German-speaking was a little embarrasing to me at times, something I hope to rectify over the next year for my return.

I ate very well at the centre in return for my hard work as all the food is grown in the garden at the centre and is energy or life-promoting. I couldn't even look at a sandwich whilst I was travelling back!

I saw Billy every day but was aware of not disturbing him but of trying to help him and FIGU by getting stuck into my tasks and working hard. The first time I spoke to Billy I said 'Guten Morgens'... in the afternoon. Can you imagine, my first words to the prophet of the new age were 'Good morning' at about 1 in the afternoon. However, the warm and knowing smiles I received from Billy and other FIGU members made me feel welcomed, valued and appreciated.

I have posted a video of my first journey by foot to the SSC from the Freihof hotel for the forum. It is a Youtube video and the address is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCQB0M_73I

As you can see I was very lucky with the weather.
There really is so much I could mention in this posting but suffice it to say that I got all and more of wanted I wanted from my first trip to the SSC and made some good friends.

I would like to thank all at FIGU for their kindness, patience and love. I also want to thank Tim here for kindly meeting me at Geneva airport and showing me around Geneva when I first arrived in Switzerland. It really started my holiday off positively and so I am very grateful to him for that.

Salome,
(I also learnt the correct pronunciation of Salome is Sar-low-may)

Matt

Sanjin

Post Number: 153
Posted on Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 08:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Matt.

Thanks for the vivid depiction. I hope to be able to spend some quality time at the SSSC sometime soon.
Love makes the world go round.

Calenwath

Post Number: 28
Posted on Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 09:20 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is really awesome Matt! Thanks so much for sharing. I know exactly what you mean especially during a peace meditation. I become so much more aware of my mind and thoughts, and surroundings, the distractions they present, etc. Very cool, very good that you have gained this unique perspective!

Earthling

Post Number: 466
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 06:13 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Matt, good on ya, mate! Danke schön und Guten Morgen(s)

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 527
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 08:29 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, Matt

Nicely done. Thanks for sharing that with us. Would you happen to know what that cat-like creature is depicted in the sculpture toward the end of the clip is? It doesn’t look like it’s from around these parts, if you know what I mean, so I was wondering if it was a creature from off-planet or one that perhaps died off eons ago with no historical record except in mythology.

Thanks
Bob

Tameralc

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Matt, I was also going to ask about the sculpture. I wonder if it is of that amphibious woman who found Billy (and she actually kissed him). It's a beautiful sculpture. I also wonder who did all the metal work and stone work. They are a sight to behold as is all the beautifully maintained grounds-- and all the firewood! My husband would be jealous! Can you give us an idea of some of the meals you had? Thanks for sharing, I was very touched by your video.

Tammy

Lth

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> Search for "Zaawia" on the FIGU mother site...

Lth

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 10:28 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> No, that is not her. It is Zaawia. See me previous post.

Bodhran

Post Number: 93
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2010 - 06:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all ,
I posted this before but didn't get a reply, does anyone know if it possible to walk the sites where Billy took some of his most famous pictures? Can you get directions from FIGU if you visit the center?
Thanks.
Salome

Tony.

Markcampbell

Post Number: 511
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2010 - 08:54 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Tamaralc ;

The sculpture Zaawia was concieved and crafted by Coregroup member Wolfgang Stuaber . It was really done for fun , as I understand it , with no particular relation to any chachters of events . Just a very creative effort .

Mark

Mattopenminds

Post Number: 28
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 03:09 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Badhran,

On visitors day, Sunday, you could ask one of the FIGU members at hand. The rest of the week the people there are busy working and there's not many who actually live at the centre so Sunday is best cause FIGU members pour in to meet and greet. You will need a car as the landing sites could be some distance from the centre. Check the FIGU website for visiting times on Sunday.

Salome,

Matt

Mattopenminds

Post Number: 29
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 03:11 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry..... mispelling.... Bodhran.

Bodhran

Post Number: 94
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 04:48 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Matt ,
thanks for that, I'm coming over from Ireland and I have yet to write to FIGU to arrange it. I will be renting a car, I was planning to call briefly on saturday if possible then drive around for the day then visit properly at the center on Sunday. The trip is planned for september. Thanks for your help.
PS my name is Tony, Bodhran is my nickname as its an instrument I play, I was going to change my username to Tony but I don't think I can without deleting my account.
Salome

Tony.

Gib_niner

Post Number: 123
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 09:57 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Matt,

very enjoyable video you took -

just to comment was thinking that the following photo might make an appearance at some point..but no sign of it at all. (unless i missed it somewhere along the way)

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/4eb7ab7b2c.jpg

had been thinking for a while there that this is a very beautiful photo, just the way its composed with the singular solitary tree in the foreground, wondering why we dont see more of it?? on official websites and such like - i guess probably there are loads more photos over there at the SSC - that are kept aside - and are not completely and fully released.

Dig the well before you are thirsty. ~Chinese Proverb

Mattopenminds

Post Number: 30
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 01:11 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Tony,

They say on the FIGU book of rules to not be shy to get stuck into helping out with tasks around the centre on non-visiting days, like Saturday. It's a really good way of getting a feel for the place and working out who speaks English which, if you don't speak much German, could be useful to sort out the details of a personal tour to the landing sites. Working there gives you a real feel for the vibes that are there as well as helping the centre out.

Talking of drums, I play djembe sometimes with a friend from The Gambia. Who knows, we could have a jam at the centre one day. I'm planning on going again for the next passive group meeting in 2011.

The photo below reminded me of Ireland and is only a five minute walk from the centre. You're gonna love it...

View near the Semjase Silverstar Centre July 2010

Salome,

Matt

Lth

Post Number: 11
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 08:21 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> This photo is, I believe, an image that was composited for one of the FIGU > books. Many or all of the FIGU books have images that are composite images, > meaning photos with parts from various other images.

Bodhran

Post Number: 95
Posted on Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 09:28 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Matt thanks again, I plan on becoming a passive member so I might take you up on the jam session...Although I'm not sure how a load of drums would go down in the peaceful setting of the center!
It would be great to spend the saturday working at the center, I'll write to FIGU and see what they say.
Cheers.
Tony
Salome

Tony.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page