Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through June 04, 2013

Discussionboard of FIGU » General Area » FIGU Related » Help Wanted » Archive through June 04, 2013 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Ferbon

Post Number: 211
Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 06:06 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eddieamartin

If you can find homeless who are willing to work then they will probably be working already. The great many of them are simply mentally ill people who can not cope with the conventional structure of the society. You can not schedule meeting with them or hold a normal conversation - not to mention "services within their communities". Another part are drug addicts, alcoholics, convicts, etc. who spend days begging for change to make up for their habits. The non-profit could provide them with place to warm up during winter or spend the night but don't expect any cooperation as in many cases they create their own world.

Salome

Memo00

Post Number: 582
Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 09:00 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello

I imagine you can get some good advice from persons who already have experience in this kind of endeavours (not just in your country but around the globe). I would recommend getting in contact with such persons or groups to learn from their experience about what works, what doesn´t, what are the obstacles that you could face, problems, risks, etc. Good luck.

Salome.

Michaelhelfert

Post Number: 251
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2013 - 08:02 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It seems to me that any program which purports to help the homeless needs to be more than just putting people to work washing windows - it has to give the homeless real purpose, and real growth potential, especially self growth potential. Otherwise, what reason is there to be involved in a program that merely reinforces the status quo? Arrayed against initiatives which offer growth potential for the indigent is a deliberately groomed systemic disproportionate allocation of opportunities and resources, so comprehensive that few people really try to tackle it, and those that do often fall back upon what might be seen as a stagnant idea of communism as a way to even the playing field of unequal contestants.

One way to address this problem (which I personally favor) is through community-based capitalism, wherein communities altruistically, though perhaps forcibly, replace the finance mavens that invariably rise to the top of any melee. This model would have the communities themselves doling out opportunities and resources according to their own individual needs and metrics. Inherent in this is another form of currency based solely on the value of work, rather than the more arbitrary valuations established by the trades of finance mavens beholden to no community in particular. Community-based capitalism would neither nix the competitive spirit of the economy that people here hold onto so religiously, nor necessarily leave the outliers out of the game. Instead, it would provide opportunities and resources based upon what is right and good for the community.
Life

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 455
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2013 - 09:16 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for your responses my friends.

Since starting my business I have interacted and conversed with several homeless who come to the trash bin in the back of the building to look for things.

Ferbon you brought up some valid points that I have considered. They range between various ages...some in their twenties and of course some much older. I'm aware that some will have addictions and mental illness but, this is of no concern for me and will not be an issue.

Memo00 I am a Mason and have contact with the Midnight Mission whom I will be going to for their resources. The Midnight Mission can help me with clean clothes and I can get towelettes that they can use to clean themselves so they don't stink bad. Eventually they will be self sufficient enough that they can obtain these things for themselves and help one another.

Michaelhelfert I like your idea but it is a bit outside of my capabilities right now...perhaps in the future society will evolve enough to naturally come to that conclusion.

The GoT recommendations of creation (principles) can be easily applied to this idea to help them help themselves. I'm versed enough now that I can apply these principles and incorporate them in such a way that they will learn them through their own efforts to help themselves and each other.

(*) What I need are a few creative ideas for simple things they could begin to do in their communities providing simple services they could charge a few dollars for such as cleaning windows for local businesses. I can easily approach the business owners and ask them to support these people in return for a service.

Thanks again for any inputs everyone, the homeless suffer unnecessarily.

Salome,
Eddie

Blake_p

Post Number: 79
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 02:59 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its never a bad thing to make an effort to help people and or make a difference,even if it's something small,you never know what could be the catalyst for helping someone change their life for the better. One of the saddest things in life is most people don't care about anything but themselves, i applaud you for your effort my friend.

Eddieamartin

Post Number: 456
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 07:58 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for those words Blake_p.

Salome,
Eddie

Kbanthis

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 02:31 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Us people in America need to get together to form our own study group for Billy Meiers spiritual teachings. If we can get enough people together , we could get a building together and regularly meet up to study Billy Meier spirit teachings and spread it thruout community to community. Maybe have like meetings or something in different cities and states public parks to attract people and get more people involved. I am located in Kalamazoo Michigan. If you are around here or just would like to talk give me a call 7653186397 , anytime . I participate in the peace meditation on first and third Saturday and Sunday of each month. We could at least start from there , group peace meditations. K b anthis

Blake_p

Post Number: 101
Posted on Sunday, March 17, 2013 - 12:29 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

kbanthis;

I have frequently echoed the same sentiment here on the forum, in which i couldn't agree more about getting people together. It's seems to me,being here for a while, that it is difficult to say the least, i don't know about your situation, meaning, if you have the means to travel frequently or even every once in a while,Michael and Amy Horn started a Pro -Figu study group,but it is in AZ,right outside of Flagstaff. I flew from Austin,Tx where i'm from and plan to do so every month if possible,you can read more about the meeting itself under the study groups posting area here, which i just copied the email i sent Michael that was to be added on their/our study group bulletin/flyer. I realize that it may not be feasible to fly across the country but it's definitely an option i would explore if you are serious about doing something,either way good luck,

Blake P

Indi

Post Number: 712
Posted on Monday, March 18, 2013 - 05:43 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Blake, and Kbanthis

Just thought I would mention that there are already some study groups active in the US and have been for a while now. And, there are many members of this forum, and passive members dotted around the US as well (some even in Texas), who may be interested in forming study groups.

It is up to the members of these groups to make their presence known on places such as this forum, and not really my task, however, I can say that as far as I am aware there is an active study group in California, another one in Ohio, and there is an online one as well (contact someone at Creationaltruth.org for info).

Kbanthis, I hope you get some responses to your posts here and in the Study group section, as the US is such a large country and will need quite a number of study groups dotted around to service the students of the 'Spirit teaching', the 'Teaching of the Truth'.
Salome
Robyn
Denken Sie für sich selbst!

Edward

Post Number: 2712
Posted on Monday, April 01, 2013 - 01:58 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Kbanthis....

Welcome to the FIGU Board!

Just last week I watched on TV that the US government would NOT kill any US
citizens, with Drones(; within US boundaries; or even abroad). Indeed, it
would be possible if a US citizen becomes an 'opponent' of the US government,
and than, be 'labeled' as Terrorist, there may be a possibility, that this US
citizen would be killed by a Drone attack.

Thus, anyone who is 'against' their government, may be seen/defined as
Terrorist and can be eliminate. US citizen, or not....

But, again, we have to see it all, when we get there....

Pleasant Studying...

Edward.

Newinitiation

Post Number: 652
Posted on Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 10:34 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi forum members

Are there any people among the forum membership who knows a thing or two about computers and programs?

More specifically I wanted to convert Excel file into PDF format but still maintain some of the Excel functionality.

I would appreciate any members here who may be able to help out in this regard.

Could you please contact me Matt Lee (newinitiation) on thesilentrevolutionoftruth@gmail.com thanks

regards
Matt Lee

Ferbon

Post Number: 279
Posted on Sunday, May 05, 2013 - 01:30 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Figu members.

Can anyone provide the link to original contact reports that haven't yet been translated to English?

Salome

Michaelhelfert

Post Number: 297
Posted on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 07:24 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kbanthis, not sure Arizona is 'safer' than other places. In fact, I tend to think life as more raw here than the more civilized areas of the country. There is less of a safety net here. In some modern ways Arizona is still the Wild West. I think the reason the Plejaren fingered N. Arizona was because they thought a pro-ET group would be accepted by the greater regional community here.

What influence upon the minds and thoughts of people as the various actors can manage is ubiquitous, and you can't escape it here either. Do you wanna get away from the strongest mind-control modality? Kill your television.
Life

Kbanthis

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, May 08, 2013 - 09:23 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps some of us could rent a house in munds park, that way there wouldn't be much of a commute to the meetings. Right now I get a check each month for 710 dollars till I am working again, so I could be approved for a place, just a nice place I would need to have room mates to be able to afford. I have steady income just isn't much, till I am working a good profession. I use the money to read kelch der wahrheit, Goblet of truth , english so far since I am learning German. Basically all I do is try to live with the spiritual teachings.

Blake_p

Post Number: 124
Posted on Saturday, May 11, 2013 - 10:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Michael,

I disagree,
I don't think Az is anymore tolerant than anywhere else really about the E.T. presence or the Meier case. I've been to Phoenix many times to visit friends and family and through Az quite a bit,also to Flagstaff for the group meetings and it really doesn't strike me as an exceptional place,more than others,for free thinking. AZ is a far right state,which usually tends to be more narrow minded,and fanatical in their belief systems or politics.

From being in Munds Park and having conversations with people there at the meeting about the same thing,why here, to me it seems to be other factors like: The high elevation,you're 6 to 7 thousand ft up,which does a few things,if were under attack, were far from any heavy strike area,plus people who probably won't flee over a desert,then up that much elevation to camp out in the snow. Near there,there is a lake,plus u can collect snow in the winter for a water source, there really aren't enough people there to fight over anything. The air there is the most clean i've probably ever breathed,and i've been all over the world. There is a natural wind tunnel created by the few big mountains there that seems to cycle in and out new air,which would be good for many reasons. Plenty of wood/timber,elk for and deer for food sources if all else fails. So in my opinion there are just lots of pluses when u think of having a place endure through hard times and just happens to be a very beautiful,peaceful place to me, which i'm sure is important as well if you are talking about a center or something of the like.

Kbanthis, email me sometime if you are curious about some of the things that we are planning for the near future or any other inquiries,it might give u an ides of some things that could possibly happen and how u could be involved or benefit from,i just don't want to post anything here since i've said before their only in their infancy. cbp0009@gmail.com

Edward

Post Number: 2742
Posted on Monday, May 13, 2013 - 01:05 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Guys....

Some interesting excerpts - Questions to Billy.

The question is: In the future, I was planning on moving to either Nevada or
Arizona... would either of those States be clear and free from the disastrous
effects of the Cascadia Subduction Zone Earthquake and the subsequent
Tsunami?

Thank you.

Answer: It seems that Arizona is a much better place to live than the West
Coast. And you should also avoid living near Yellowstone National Park.

Based on your last answer to my question, I am now thinking about moving to
either Roswell, New Mexico or Colorado.

My question is, are those 2 places just as safe to live as Arizona?

Thank you for your time. And I love your beard, sir.

Answer: Billy doesn't know.

(Note by CF: Since NM and CO are even farther away from California than
Arizona, this will be a good decision, IMO.)

Would it be wise for those that want to build a F.I.G.U U.S.A community and
study the teachings etc. to move to a town close to Munds park Arizona
(perhaps Prescott where there are a couple people already) and at least begin
relationships with eachother even if we don't have land yet?

Thank you

Salome
Derrick

Answer: Yes, that would be wise.

My thoughts: If WW3/4 should break out, as is mentioned the Northern
Hemisphere would be mostly destroyed, logically, One would be quite safe
UNDER the Equator!

Thus, South America, Lower Parts of Africa, and Australia and certain
islands, surrounding.

Edward.

Ferbon

Post Number: 285
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 12:36 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Edward

There is nothing in those answers that mentions WW3/4! Where did that sensation came from Edward?

If you want to "build"/be part of community close to Munds Park then surely it is wise to move there, ain't it?
Also we all know about San Andreas fault or that there is a volcano/volcanos under Yellowstone Park.

Salome

Kbanthis

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had the moderator delete my inappropriate posts. As Billy Meier said The human being must learn to think for oneself , to act for oneself and to be responsible for oneself!
I have started selling all my things in Michigan and am preparing to move to Arizona. Either at the beginning of this month or the next I will be finding some room mates in the munds park area. Hoping one friend will move with me, but it is uncertain right now. If other people are interested in renting a house in the munds park area , send me an email @ humanbeinguurda@gmail.com . As soon as I am moved in I am applying for figu membership. Then joining in on the pro-figu Billy Meier study group, and participating in the peace meditation. I will be in touch when I get to Arizona. Salome. Think for yourself!

Skyrim

Post Number: 93
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 05:12 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm unsure what people are trying to form in America. Is it a Figu study group or a Figu center?

phil

Michael_horn

Post Number: 671
Posted on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 07:25 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

> A little of this, a little of that...

Edward

Post Number: 2751
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 12:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Kbanthis....

Well said!

You got the idea!

THAT, was the main purpose of my posting....

And see: Michael, understands it...too. Well done, Michael!

Edward.

Thomash

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, May 19, 2013 - 03:20 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To the mods:

I noticed that when I re-applied for FIGU forum membership and then was accepted, the check new messages feature gives every single post from the past up to the present. When one does a search for a term or post after that initial check in however, any posts that are archived do not show up as directly accessible. For example, I searched for a particular person's posts and the search results showed the archived subtopics but not the individual posts.

It would seem that, since every post is accessible via the check new messages function when one first joins/rejoins the forum, there should be a way to show each post individually when a search result happens to include the already archived subtopics or sub-sections.

Do any of the mods have any knowledge of how to change this setting and/or a reason not to enact that change?

Thanks in advance and have a great day...

Quest

Post Number: 33
Posted on Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 03:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello folks,

please i need a link to questions to billy. thanks

quest.

Hi Quest, here is the link to the section, but it won't be open until the end of the month:
http://forum.figu.org/us/messages/12/1871.html?1367242289

Regards
Scott

(Message edited by scott on June 04, 2013)

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page