Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Erich von Däniken, Zecharia Sitchin.....

Discussionboard of FIGU » General Area » Non-FIGU Related » Archived Topics » Erich von Däniken, Zecharia Sitchin... etc. « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive for 2000Steve M.03-22-01  12:52 pm
Archive for 2001Chris Frank10 06-24-01  10:10 pm
Archive through November 28, 2006Kingman23 11-28-06  07:22 pm
Archive through December 06, 2006Christian23 12-06-06  01:07 pm
Archive through December 19, 2006Nestingwave23 12-19-06  08:34 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Discussions on the books and theories of persons such as Erich von Däniken, Zecharia Sitchin... etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Nestingwave

Post Number: 54
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Norm,

Here is the link I promised:

http://www.geocities.com/nestingwave/Magna.html

The content of this document shows that it is not from a mundane source. Everyone decide for themselves as always.

Peace be upon the earth and among all beings.

nestingwave

Norm

Post Number: 1062
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 12:40 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess you missed my anger at Ptaah. Anyway the majority of Sumerian scholars I've ever heard comment on Sitchin's work say he is completely wrong. So who do you believe?
My Website

Celestialbrother

Post Number: 58
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 03:58 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your anger at Ptaah? What does Ptaah say...about Sitchin's work?

Norm

Post Number: 1069
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 06:11 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Read the overpopulation section.
My Website

Nestingwave

Post Number: 55
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 09:15 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Norm,

They say Sitchin is wrong because of the extraterrestrial hypothesis. They think early man was a grunting savage that fantasized beings flying in the skys etc.. Yep, Sitchin is not popular among orthodox scholars and Sumerologists, however, they do not fault his translations of the tablets -- only his ET interpretation.

Mankind definitely had ET intervention according to the Plejarens AND Sitchin. On that, they agree -- as they do on quite a few other matters. There is an important connection here.

Salome,

nestingwave

Celestialbrother

Post Number: 59
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2006 - 02:17 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Guys, does this book Chariot of the Gods contain (according to you) correct information? What does Billy say about it, does anyone have any idea?

Nestingwave

Post Number: 57
Posted on Sunday, December 24, 2006 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Celestialbrother,

It's been a long time since I read Chariot of the God's but as I remember it merely INTRODUCED the extraterrestrial hypothesis due to monuments, cave paintings and ooparts found around the world. Much of it is speculation and no doubt Von Daniken is right on some things and wrong on others. However, Chariots of the God's laid a framework upon which Sithincs ET hypothesis, based upon the earliest writings found on earth, which adds tons of physical evidence to the ET hyprothesis -- which the Plejarens and Billy, of course, have spoken of many times. The DETAILS certainly vary.

Salome,

nestingwave

Cpl

Post Number: 224
Posted on Wednesday, December 27, 2006 - 11:46 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi CB & NW,

Re Von Daniken, Alternatrive 3, and Sitchin and the Sumerians:

Re Daniken:
I believe Billy said Von Daniken's work was about 5% fact or true 95% false. His contribution IMO was that he asked the questions. He made people think, rather than presented knowledge.

Alt3:
Yes, am very familiar with alt3. Have the video and had a dozen of the books many years ago that I sent to others. IMO it is a mixture of fact and fiction. The authors have since sworn again and again that the book was written as a piece of fiction. It's very well done. You know, perhaps that Meier says there is no animal life at all now on Mars, which means, if you credit Meier, the final scene in the video is a recreation of sorts. He also says, I believe, that Alt3 was a work of fiction. I do think there were the alternatives drawn up; but not that #3 played out just as the book (or video) says.

Sitchin:
I've also been acquainted with Sitchin's work since he published The Twelfth Planet (well over a decade ago) and have a number of his books. The Sumerian records are just an earlier version, if you like, of the Old Testament. I think that puts it in the proper perspective. The Sumerians obviously didn't know a great many things about the whole story of mankind's heritage -- which is immense to say the least, and which IMO covers many hundreds of thousands of years and maybe millions, scientific theory notwithstanding.

The Sumerians had, as you know, some startling knowledge that has been well publicized, but IMO they did not know so much, actually, about the so-called Annunaki. From where in the cosmos did these beings originate? What was their history? Who were their ancestors? What was their philosophy? That the Sumerians had their own degree of ignorance is clear from the fact they maintained the Annunaki came from the Twelfth Planet itself while having to land and leave the earth using rocket ships. This is plainly untenable.

Life on that planet would be impossible once it was beyond the confines of our solar system -- and exceedingly dangerous at least within it. Any species that had only developed as far as rocket travel locally would not be able to have an advanced culture that could exist on a planet of near absolute zero temperatures, which their planet would have had beyond our solar system. For it to have internal warmth to keep it warm in space it would have needed to be a brown dwarf (which the planet may well have been) but this would have meant the Annunaki couldn't possibly have lived on it. Maybe they came "with" it, meaning "when" it came, and the Sumerians interpreted this to mean "on" it. It shows a degree of scientific ignorance on the part of the Sumerians for them to believe the Annunaki actually came "on" the planet that would have itself experienced as much destruction and upheaval as it caused the earth. It (the Twelfth Planet) would have been one of the most inhospitable places for life in the universe. This is obvious form the accounts.

Obviously the Sumerians, or their ancestors, wove a construct of supposition -- read myth -- around the facts they had, were given, or inherited. I think more likely they inherited at least some of them but implied it was all their own knowledge. This was common for ancient cultures. The later Hebrews did the same with the Old Testament, and doubtless many other civilizations going through our distant past did the same too. Religions very often still do this today.

IMO it is likely the Sumerians used the word Annunaki like we use the acronym ET. This also fits the defintion of "those who from the heavens came to Earth". It is so general as to be useless when aiming for specific information. Like, "Who exactly are they, and where do they hail from?" I see the Annunaki as a very generic term that could mean almost any of the many visits by various ETs over many hundreds of thousands -- if not more -- earth years. There is no way the Sumerians would have, or could have had the whole picture. Sitchin then is just deciphering these ancient tablets of theirs. He also cannot know what is fact and not about what they wrote, other than the obvious -- and very impressive facts they did know about our solar system that scientists are only just discovering.

So many just seem to accept all the writing or deciphering of Sitchin as fact, which it almost certainly is not. I say this in full acknowledgment of the excellent, if not magnificent, work Sitchin has done here. People just still need to keep hold of their critical faculties. I regard the Sumerian records as a little more reliable than the Old Testament, and that I have the gravest doubts about.

Our puntuationist archaeologists are the closest to the truth among our scientists. They realize from the scientific evidence that humankind has had a number of evolutionary jump starts so to speak. We scientifically know that there are vast periods of time covering hundreds of thousands if not millions of years when there is virtually no evolution of the human species (I'm defining human species here as the species that possess a soul/inner spirit), then over a very short span of time there is a sudden evolutionary jump; then an immense gap of non-evolution again followed by another jump, and so it goes, or went, on and on. That is the evolutionary physical evidence we have. And it suggests that we are not half ET and half human; but that there has been a continual involvement across the entire evolutionary span of humankind. It is so vast and complex that no one person or culture has ever, to date, correctly elucidated on the details -- though I think Meier is giving it a good shot presently.

Some ETs may well have manipulated genetics to create miners, but these would have been just one group, so to speak, within a whole managerie parading through our history. IMO the genetic manipulation referred to could also be a garbled tradition or Sumerian hand-down message relating to the genetic manipulaiton done long before we ever arrived here. This manipulation could have been seen to be for a work force that would serve the "golden" masters of that space and time whose world was threatened (by attackers from wihout that the Sumerians knew nothing of). There are just so many possibilities when considering what ancient people surmized and how they arrived at their conclusions.

Those manipulated ones arriving here long before recorded history made the entire planet genetically compromised a very long time ago indeed. Hence, IMO, the Annunaki that the Sumerian mention could also even relate (in addition to more recent vistors within the last 250,000 years) to the Syrians and/or others elsewhere in the universe who millions of years ago manipulated genetics to form our ancestors that eventually left that section of the universe and came here for its relative safety, only to find it was also often "attacked" by a vagrant wandering planet that caused havoc and deluge again and again. IMO that was not always in 3600 years as the Sumerians supposed and recorded -- though it could have originally been that cycle, and gradually decreasing. The Sumerians would only have known about it as it related to their own specific time period or as an ancient record for them. Today it no longer exists as a cyclical planet in our solar system IMO and has been turned back into space in the last quarter of the twentieth century, and will never again return here.

cpl

Norm

Post Number: 1073
Posted on Thursday, December 28, 2006 - 11:30 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cpl , I ready asked Billy if any earth human has been on Mars in the = last 60 years & he said no! The reason I asked this question was to = dispell all this nonsence about human bases on Mars.
My Website

Psycloud

Post Number: 70
Posted on Monday, January 01, 2007 - 07:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What does IMO mean?

Pardon my ignorance

In my opinion
I am truthful to the extend at which I know the truth.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page