Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Misc. Discussion

Discussionboard of FIGU » General Area » Non-FIGU Related » Archived Topics » Misc. Discussion « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archives (8/2000 to 9/2001)Michael97 09-08-01  10:38 pm
Archives (10/2001 to 2/2002)Michael49 02-26-02  07:31 am
Archives (3/2002 to 4/2002)Michael23 04-12-02  07:47 am
Archives (5/2002 to 6/2002)Edward39 06-30-02  04:07 am
Archives (7/2002)E. Visser48 07-31-02  12:30 pm
Archives (8/2002)Edward73 08-31-02  06:45 am
Archive through February 02, 2003Adrian K.39 02-02-03  02:36 am
Archive through January 16, 2004Edward23 01-16-04  08:31 am
Archive through July 10, 2004Michael23 07-10-04  01:57 pm
Archive through July 07, 2005Eric_drouin23 07-07-05  08:21 pm
Archive through November 21, 2005Memo0023 11-21-05  06:58 pm
Archive through August 26, 2006Scott23 08-26-06  05:52 pm
Archive through October 19, 2006Language_of_the_bird26 10-19-06  02:52 pm
Archive through April 10, 2007Chasekahn74723 04-10-07  09:38 am
Archive through June 28, 2007Phi_spiral23 06-28-07  12:24 pm
Archive through November 30, 2007Edward23 11-30-07  07:05 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Eric_drouin

Post Number: 173
Posted on Saturday, December 29, 2007 - 08:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi:

This one is for Michael Horn

You should perhaps update the predictions for planets beyond Pluto by this:

http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/profile.cfm?Object=KBOs&Display=OverviewLong

I think update from Billy and FIGU is
required, with the new info available.

Peace

Scott

Post Number: 1387
Posted on Sunday, January 06, 2008 - 07:58 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

Here is a link to a car which is close to the design of cars which were viewed by Billy during his visit to SF in the future.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/chery-s16-2005-concept/557692/

In addition Wendelle Stevens recently stated it needs to be more egg shaped with more glass on the roof and no side mirrors.

Regards
Scott

Edward

Post Number: 1004
Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2008 - 07:39 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Scott....

Check this one out!

Was just announced today! And for only: US 2,500!

See: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080110/ap_on_bi_ge/india_ultracheap_car_12

Click on the image of the company chairman at left...to get a better view.

Edward.

Scott

Post Number: 1392
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2008 - 08:15 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

Does anyone know who posted these pictures on this website? http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/meier/index.php/Gallery?

The image of the Mars Viking Orbiters were supposedly photographed by Billy during his great mission (1975), with the explanation provide by Mr. Randolph Winters that this and other objects were in orbit in 1976. This to me throws some doubt as to the validity of this photo, as the Orbiter didn't begin its mission until June 1976, which does not correspond with the time the photo was taken. Possibly there is another explanation for this?, (possibly a small time jump into the future) If this photo is not what it is proported to be, then this would cast doubt on some of the other photos which were depicted in the video.

Any comments
Scott

Thomas

Post Number: 418
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 12:10 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Scott, I have a small comment or two. I seem to remember that this object was indeed a US space probe but that it was a publicly undisclosed one. This is only from memory and so might not be exactly correct. You might consider that the US has done many things without telling the public and this might be one of those cases. Just a thought...

Anday727

Post Number: 78
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 12:59 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Scott,
If you go to recent changes on the same site www.futureofmankind.co.uk, as I did just now because of your post, you will see who are the posters of all photos there...
Regarding the image "American Oribiter around Mars.jpg", it is posted by Aditya [as many others]

Salome,
Dejan

The_original_dave

Post Number: 179
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 03:12 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scott, Randolph could be mal informed about those pictures or he again decided he would distort the info to his liking. There's also the possibility that NASA actually sent the craft up months before the announcement to the public. Remember the moon landing hoax? even though the moon landing actually took place months after the hoax it's still a good example of NASA and the US lying to the public about the space programs.

Salome
Dave

Scott

Post Number: 1393
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 03:37 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for your ideas I will consider them.

Peter_brodowski

Post Number: 388
Posted on Monday, February 11, 2008 - 08:22 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

(sorry moderators i dont know where to put this, but i know there are some smart people on this forum and i am looking for a little help/clarification on the following.)

i have searched and tried to find the info i am looking for but i could not find everything so here it is...

if anyone can please tell me which of the following words are actual words with definitions, and which are just not a real word at all...
dedactic
dedactorial
expodentialy

i have found similair words...
didactic
exponentialy

i am not sure but i think an expodent, or expodential relates to some mathematical term?

also i am looking for a clear definition of what Protogenesis means.

thank you.

Cpl

Post Number: 346
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 07:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter,

The exponential is "e" in mathematics. An e curve or graph increases in height greater than its increase in width/length. Hence the curve goes up in parabolic fashion -- increasing exponentially.

"Protogenic" has two entries in the Shorter Oxford Dictionary -- the condensed two large volume version of the 12 volume Oxford English Dictionary, the most comprehensive and authoritative English dictionary in existence (there isn't an entry for protogenesis in the Shorter OD):

"Protogenic"
1. (From the Greek "protogenes" meaning "first-born, primeval.") "Formed first or earliest, original, primary, primeval."

Sounds similar to "ur" in the Meier material to me, but don't take that here as an "accurate" translation. It would need confirming with FIGU.

2. "Chemistry: Of a substance, molecular species, etc. : able to to provide a hydrogen atom for protonation; protic, proton-donating."

"Protogynous" means, in botany and zoology, "of a hermaphrodite flower or animal: in which the female organs come to maturity before the male."

Perhaps from these you can work out the meaning of your word in context.

"Didactic" means "Having the character or manner of a teacher; intended to instruct; having instruction as an ulterior purpose." (Shorter OD. Vol 1.)

Best,
cpl

Peter_brodowski

Post Number: 389
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 04:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey ther cpl, thanksbut is protogynous the same as protogenesis?
im confused as to why you gave the the definition of protogynous.
thanks again.

J_rod7

Post Number: 118
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 05:27 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Peter,

The first three words <dedactic,dedactorial,expodentialy> are mis-spelled. Someone in too much of a hurry, someone who did not check their spelling. (Which there is too much seen, as people write in these Forums). Words without actual meaning except in the context where they are found. So look to the context for meaning, and correct the spelling in your mind as you read them.

Exponent has meanings in both language (speech, writing, etc.), and in mathematics.

In the meaning of language, an Exponent is one who expounds, advocates, elucidates or explains on a topic.

In mathematics, an exponent expresses the power of a function. Exponent in an equation is written as e.

As in: T=KeN, e means the power N to be applied to K, the result of this function is T.

Simply stated, K multiplies itself N times to give the value T.

For all values of K, then T will plot a Hyperbola when graphed.

For increasing values of N, the rate-of-change of the Hyperbola will increase.

Interestingly, for all values of K, when N=0 then T always equals 1 (unity).

For the meaning of Protogenesis, you only need to break the word into it's root components, proto and genesis.

Proto is first, primary, or original. Genesis is origin or generation. Therefore, ProtoGenesis is Primary Generation.

Salome
Let Our LOVE show in all actions,
J_rod7

Peter_brodowski

Post Number: 390
Posted on Tuesday, February 12, 2008 - 08:50 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hello jrod,
thank you aswell,
unfortunately you lost me a bit at the end but i do get what you are saying in regards to an "exponent".

those words (dedactic,dedactorial,expodentialy)
were not the result of one being in a hurry.
the method that was used to obtain those words
is a method that i have not mastered and occasionally there is one letter missing, or in more uncommon cases, the word is similair to an actual word etc.

i had tried like you siggest, to break down the word, but i like to have other peoples views too, why look with 2 eyes when you can look with ten?
in anycase,in the original content from where i obtained those words, those words were used in the context of light (like light from a sun)
and the nature of light.

thanks again, i will print out those definitions as it will help me make sense of some things that have yet to be understood by me in their proper form and most full and complete meaning.

Edward

Post Number: 1056
Posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 - 07:12 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Thomas....

Will post here, OK.

What you mentioned in your post 458, is Common Known Knowledge, to me.

Naturally, the layer which I speak of is that of human life forms...etc, on
Earth. Thus, the Earth DOES have a (sort) of Consciousness, as I explained, in
my posting. We both agree to that, OK. That is a plus.

Thus, Earth would -Indirectly - indeed, have/obtain a Consciousness, acquired
from the Consciousness', as mentioned above. Which is very relevant and
logical...I would think.

I never mentioned a 'Conscious-Consciousness,' Thomas...in my posting!

Edward.

Sirashwin

Post Number: 215
Posted on Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 05:05 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regional Nuclear Conflict Would Create Near-global Ozone Hole, Says Study

ScienceDaily (Apr. 8, 2008) — A limited nuclear weapons exchange between Pakistan and India using their current arsenals could create a near-global ozone hole, triggering human health problems and wreaking environmental havoc for at least a decade, according to a study led by the University of Colorado at Boulder.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/04/080407172710.htm

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page