Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive for 2000

Discussionboard of FIGU » General Area » Non-FIGU Related » Archived Topics » Erich von Däniken, Zecharia Sitchin... etc. » Archive for 2000 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Anthea
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2000 - 07:28 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all :)

I have recently started reading this fascinating book by Erich von Daniken. He makes an in-depth study of our ancient past and has come up with some truly remarkable discoveries. Amongst which are sophisticated batteries found in a Bronze Age city, 1000 year old spaceflight navigation charts, computer astronomy from Incan and Egyptian ruins, a map of the land beneath the ice cap of Antarctica, a giant spaceport discovered in the Andes and an alien astronaut preserved in a pyramid! A truly remarkable and valuable book and well worth the time to read. If anyone has read this book - there is so much to discuss about these discoveries - it would be great to hear your comments and share some views.

Regards,
Anthea

Mark Campbell
Posted on Friday, September 29, 2000 - 08:22 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Anthea ; I read several of Von Daniken's books many years ago. They are still some of the best books on the subject, though there have been many imitations. I just found a new one called "Arrival of the Gods" by him (1998).It's about the Nazca plains, and is full of color photos.There was another book( I don't recall the name) that I lost long ago that had x-rays of a geode rock( that had already been cut in half).Inside was a metal rod that resisted cutting - revealed was a ceramic casing around a metal rod that was evidently an ancient battery , or some other device of electronic value.The small gold "airplanes" artifacts of pre-Colombia are a real treat to see - they are in several books that are not hard to find.There are several( Mig fighter-like) , and as I recall , they are kept in El Banco De Colombia ,in Bogota .
Regards, Mark

Michael Horn
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2000 - 10:11 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Anthea and Mark,

Regarding the ancient "battery-in-a-rock", a couple of months ago I read an update somewhere on the Net about it quite possibly being far more recent (from earlier last century infact.) There were some tests that were being proposed to determine the actual date, which probably haven't been done yet. The "battery-in-a-jar" seems to be another, and possibly more ancient, matter.
I've seen the plane-like objects on some site on the Net and I believe that some info on these things might be found at the Sightings WebSite.

I think as long as we're discussing Erich von Däniken we might consider a place to discuss Sitchin's work too.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page