Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Older Messages

Discussionboard of FIGU » General Area » Non-FIGU Related » Archived Topics » The Human Body » Diet » Older Messages « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Inger Wikstrom
Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2000 - 08:59 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Forum,
I don't know if this is the proper area, but what happed to the information about soy and soybean that once was to be found here in the Forum? I don't remember all of it, but I think it was stated that soy and soybean aren't so healthy for the body as vegetarians, health food stores and dietitians declare. I don't remember if low consummation was harmless or that soy and soybean, no matter what form it's in, should totally be avoided. I think the information could be valid for future users too.

Love to you all.
Regards,
Inger

Inger Wikstrom
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2000 - 05:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello again,
At last, I have found some of Andrew's information about vegetarianism and information from other sources too. I've tried to put them together in one single document. So these words are actually not my own. If there are some errors in the material please correct me. It will benefit all of us.

Despite this I don't remember if low consummation was harmless or that soy and soybean, no matter what form it's in, should totally be avoided. Maybe soy is less harmful in combination with other eatables? I think the information could be valid for future users too.

Kind regards,
Inger

---

VEGETARIANISM

Some people who are educated in nutrition and biochemistry have made health examinations among lifelong vegetarians and came to the conclusion that vegetarianism isn't a healthy long-term sustainable lifestyle. People who live on such diet always suffer from malnutrition. A study of pupils in England, who have been raised as vegetarians, showed that these kids suffered concentration difficulties, low performance and had on the whole difficulties to follow the normal plan of studies.

Vegetarianism is slowly cutting its own throat, but many scientists and other people don't see this yet. Vegetarianism leads a person into an unhealthy state, which may be physically, mentally, emotionally or all of them. The human body MUST have meat. Meat is absolutely necessary to keep the human thinking process strong and healthy. So then, vegetarianism is not such a good idea.

Food is given to us by Nature and Creation, but many people believe that everything eatable is for the human being. This is 100% NOT true. Certain food was "placed here" solely for the animals and certain food is meant to share with our vegetarian friends, the animals. An example of food we share together with the animals are carrots, and an example of a false teaching, and illogical conclusions by people, is wheat-grass juice, which is one product in the long row of so called "health food". Wheat-grass juice is harmful to the human body, and so are avocado, tofu, grass juices etc.

The muddled arguments about vegetarianism and "protein" are totally misunderstood. This means that vegetarian protein isn't the same as animal protein! Meat is compact nutrition, and it isn't physically possible for a human being to consume the amount of fruit and vegetables to compensate the nutrient input in meat. It's actually harmful to the body, and to the human as whole, to exchange the animal protein in our food to soy protein! Vegetarianism leads a person into a "positive degeneration", which makes the person too positive and "flighty". Nor is it recommendable to eat too much meat. Then the situation turns into a "negative degeneration", there the person become negative and aggressive. Both conditions are indeed harmful for the person's mental and physical health, not to mention malnutrition and several diseases, especially in children and the elderly who are vegetarians. A rule of thumb is to eat meat six days a week and become a vegetarian the seventh, and so on. This will keep the body and the intellect healthy, which is very important for the human life form! Six days with meat - one day without, that's the best.

If science, just FOR ONCE, could reflect upon the Creational Natural Laws and bring these into the equation we would have our "Garden of Eden". Human vegetarianism is against every Natural Law. Nothing substitutes for real meat. Until we learn how to grow meat from cells, which would be the best alternative for both animals and responsible people, we must rely on what we have at the moment. The ancient process of making butter and cheese wasn't given to us just for kicks. The best thing we can do is to buy ecologically cultivated products and/or grow vegetables and breed cattle, chickens etc. our self. Just like the healing properties of wine and wine vinegar people have to fully understand them. We are just beginning to discover what the body really needs. Slowly but surely the illogical in our present methods and food habits, like vegetarianism, are to be discovered within the nearest future.

---

1) - "You are what you think, what you think is what you create, and what you create is what you attract." (Whether it be a culture, country, disease, or individual).
2) - Only after that, can one say, "You are what you eat."

...[Comments shortened - Applicable under German law]...

bdevil
Posted on Saturday, January 27, 2001 - 08:15 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,
I think I have read somewhere in FIGU lit. that the Plejarans do eat meat. They kill the animal(which is of low evolution) in a humane and respectful way. I think it is also a very small part of their diet. However, here on Earth, it is almost like a drug that has addicted many. Also, the animals are treated in such horrible ways. Their deaths are very gruesome and terrible. Many people who have visited "slaughterhouses" never eat meat again. I wish more people would do the same to really understand what goes on in making the meat they so crave. Also, I would like to point out that this meat habit is destroying the planet. The amount of resources that go into feeding one person on a meat diet could feed many more on a grain diet. People don't want to know or see the truth as long as they get their precious meat. I wouldn't mind people eating meat with such disregard if they kill the animal themselves with their own hands (no extra tools). If it truly is our nature to eat meat, then it should be no problem. However, I highly doubt many people could do it. I would like to hear what other people think. Thanks

Lonewolf45

Savio
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 07:44 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Lonewolf45

I agree to your idea that meat habit is damaging the planet, especially cattle farming that is one of the sources of air-pollution.

However, meat taking and cattle farming are two different issues.

In the wild, animals eat meat to survive. Yet, humans turn meat into a product and build up production lines to flood the market hence the pollution.

Perhaps we should reduce our meat consumption?

Regards

Savio

blerim
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 12:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi everybody!!!!
this is all nothing what you are (everybody is talking about it )

can`t you talk about something else,something more importantnt.?????
blerim

Moderator: Hello Blerim. The posts in this section here are generally in line with the current topic "Diet". Please refrain from trying to moderate the discussion and leave that task to the moderators. Thanks...

Rick Nelson
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2001 - 12:58 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

Meat "production" and its' related environmental issues is a symptom, not a cause, of the problem. The real problem is OVERPOPULATION! The world would not be adversely affected by the issues of meat "production" if its' population was one-half billion instead of seven billion.

We can chase our tail all we want by dealing with symptoms, however, they will continue to reappear in various and multiple forms until the real problem of OVERPOPULATION is corrected.

Peace,

Rick Nelson

david james
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2001 - 03:30 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For the record, I am 40 years of age, and look like a am still in my twenties. I consume nothing but lean meats, well cooked, and normal daily amounts of vegetables. I would state it to be about a 70%/30% ratio respectively. I never get ill, feel energetic at all times, and have a normal weight to height ratio.

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2001 - 05:41 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi "bdevil"

The Plejarans eat a substance that is similar to meat that they grow from cell. They do not kill the animals.

Thanks for the great comments.

Regards,
Andrew C. Cossette

Parik
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2001 - 09:12 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

David,

That's great that you consume meats and are in a healthy condition. However, you fail to realize that by eating meat, you create a demand for a product that creates environmental destruction in its manufacture. The amount of pollution and resource waste that goes into producing your meat affects a lot of other people including the earth. Is that worth the "pleasure" you may get for a few minutes? People must transcend in their viewpoints. We make too many assumptions in our life. Think about what went into making things that you consume (food, electricity, material goods, etc.) and realize that waste from consumption just doesn't disappear magically. Also, could you really kill a cow by yourself with your bare hands w/o feeling some sort of pain yourself? I think people have a misconception (due in part by the meat industry) that we are natural meat eaters. We are not. Our body is geared to a vegetarian diet which includes vegetables, grains, nuts, and fruits (they both come from the latin word vegetus meaning fresh, pure, enriched, not something that implies grass, or green). Also, the meat industry does treat the animals cruelly and inject full of hormones, antibiotics, and such which you end up eating. On a side note, I think the most abominable thing is that they feed cows (natural herbivores) dead animals that is also made up of cows. This is the equivalent of you feeding your own dung to yourself. Now if you can live with that, I don't think anybody could consider themself human. Just a little food for thought.

Parik (aka bdevil)

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2001 - 09:35 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Parik,

The false logic that we, as human beings, are suffering from right now surely makes its way into our eating habits as well. Religions, health freaks, illogic and the like have told us that we can or cannot eat this and/or that for reasons far to numerous to mention here. The fact (which can be proven through logic) that human beings are absolutely omnivorous is no secret anymore to the thinking person. It is only the illogical vegetarians, with their confused and incoherent dogma, who think that we are not meat-eating creatures.

Due to their garbled consciousness, megalomania and fanatical thinking process, which is, in fact, caused by their vegetarianism -- a kind of 'Catch 22' -- these 'floaty' people assume, through illogic, that human beings were not designed to eat animals. Further, this includes the now-famous phrase, "false humanitarianism," whereby they, the vegetarians, think that we should not kill (at this point in our evolution) animals for our food source. They assume that animals have a human-like consciousness and that these animals would not be killed because all animal life is sacred, or, even worse, they, the vegetarians, would feel horrible if they would kill the animal themselves. This is the result of an imbalanced psyche and a misunderstanding and confusion of their consciousness. Therefore, nothing could be further from the true Truth.

I refer you to the OM, Canon 24, verse 16:

"Thus is also determined in the Guidance of Creation that everything shall serve Man as food which flourishes as edible for him, so everything in plants, fruits and animals of the air, of the waters and of the Earth."

And verse 17:

"And what reason should Man have not to eat edibles, if the edible is given to him by nature, for he is created differently from the plant world and from all animals, namely in that he is a consumer of all things which flourish as plants, fruits and animals."

Regards,
Andrew C. Cossette

Michael Horn
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2001 - 12:22 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yup, and here's something for soy lovers to ponder: {http://www.sightings.com/general9/soy.htm}

Michael

Brock Bradford
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2001 - 01:37 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What about DNA & Genetic research for nutritional altered food...

Good or Bad?

Brock

Michael Horn
Posted on Friday, March 23, 2001 - 09:25 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brock,

As I recall, it's the "old" story of inevitable evolution with the accompanying positives and negatives, thereby requiring our vigilance.

Michael

Parik
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2001 - 01:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the response. First, I am not a vegetarian but have been leaning that way recently so your case for "garbled consciousness" can't really apply to me. I am not floaty either (my voracious meat-eating friends can back that up). My choice for vegetarianism occurred when I came to know and realize the implications of my meat eating on not only myself, but the world and others who are less fortunate.
My argument for vegetarianism is that it is more than a code of eating habits. It is a virtue and code of conduct that has spiritual, ecological, economic and health considerations.
First off, on your case for omnivorisity. I'm sure we could eat a lot of things, but doesn't mean that we necessarily have to or should. Now if necessity compels you to eat meat, then by all means eat it. However the case for necessity is damaged by the fact that there are a lot of perfectly healthy people who have been raised on a meat-free diet. If meat were truly essential, then these people should be technically dead. However they are not. I think it is our social conditioning that creates the excessive meat habit. As a kid, I ate meat bc my parents and teachers told me it was a necessary part of the diet even though I had an extreme aversion to it. Whenever my family, friends, and relatives ate meat, the way in which they ate the meat (an aggressive almost barbaric voraciousness) disturbed me and compelled me to really question meat eating. Now, granted I think for people who have been raised on meat, it will be very tough for them to completely give it up. I still do eat eggs and will probably eat them for the rest of my life. Like the plejarans, I do think a little meat(like eggs) does provide a little groundedness so you won't get "floaty". However, they seem to eat it in a lesser degree than we do. We seem to eat meat compared to other foods at 85:15 ratio. This is truly excessive. We need to change that bc this excessiveness is damaging not only our physical and mental health but the world environment as well.

Parik
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2001 - 01:18 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't believe that animals have a human-like consciousness (or they would be considered humans) but they do have a consciousness nonetheless (as well as plants and such). However, in vegetarianism, in order to transcend ordinary consciousness it is essential extend love, compassion, and kindness to all forms of life and recognize them as integral parts of nature. This respect of life is what we lack today. Sure, to live in this world, we must destroy some life. The simple act of breathing kills bacteria that have life. Even plants we eat have life. However, at the same time, killing an animal for food and cutting a tomato in a garden do not involve the same level of pain and agony. The slaughterhouses of today's world show such an utter disrepect for the animals and life in general, it is both a horror and a tragedy. It is reflective of our own state of mind and low consciousness. Also, I believe that not only the body but the mind is made up of food. The finer component of food forms the body, while the finest component forms the mind. Thus, the food we eat determines the temperament and consciousness of the indvidual. The meat consumed today is full of harmful hormones, the animals' own stress chemicals, and carcinogenic preservatives which are used to hide the green color of the decaying meat. If people are eating this with such ease, I'm not surprised that we represent a low level of evolution and consciousness. By continuing this overindulgence of meat, we hinder our own evolvement perhaps not in intellect but certainly in love, kindness, and compassion for not only the earth but for people as well.

Parik
Posted on Saturday, March 24, 2001 - 01:19 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The ecological and economic considerations also weigh heavily in seeing that vegetarianism is about more than diet. Tropical rain forests are being continuously destroyed to make room for cattle production for meat. Hopefully, we understand how important the rain forests are to the survival of the earth and thus all life. Meat-based diets also contribute to water pollution due to contaminated runoff and sewage from the slaughterhouses and feedlots. Numerous studies have shown that production of livestock creates ten times more pollution than residential areas and three times more than industrial areas. Also, both fresh water and fossil fuel resources are being depleted at an alarming rate in the production of meat vs production of wheat, soy, and other grains. In additon the cost and waste of land space and feed far outweighs the benefit from the production of one pound of meat. W/o a doubt, vegetarianism is not just a diet but one of the most efficent economic alternatives for the human race. I'm sure people know of cancer and heart disease which has been associated with meat-based diets so I won't go into that.
Anyway, at this point, we need to understand the degrees of essentiality. I'm sure not everyone can "live" w/o meat but right now which is more important the earth or the satisfaction gained in eating meat. I'm sure there is some benefical value to eating meat but not as much as people think. Thus, it is not as essential to living (albeit, it might comprise a very small part of the diet) whereas the environment is the most important thing. So, please understand it is not fanatical thinking, megalomania, or a garbled consciousness that leads me to embrace vegetarianism but an understanding of all the ramifications and implications in eating meat. Vegetarianism is more than a diet, it is a philosophy of morals and ethics. A vegeterian diet is optimal for humans however that does not preclude meat if necessity compells us to eat meat. Just some food for thought. Thanks

Parik aka bdevil

Anthony Alagna
Posted on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 09:19 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Parik,

I think you bring up some very important observations about being an omnivorous human being in the 21st century. You are completely right about the nasty thought of keeping those barbaric assembly line slaughter houses in business; and it should make any thinking person wonder about the implications of eating meat. Animals, no matter how limited in consciousness, are no doubt suffering miserable lives and deaths today.

However, this crime against nature is because of HUMAN OVERPOPULATION today. The fact that we need to treat and slaughter our domesticated animals in such a primitive way, can be best explained by the ever increasing demand for meat. As I'm sure you are well aware, this tiny, fragile, material finite planet Earth is servicing an exponential increase in demand, due to the human overpopulation explosion. So there is only so much to go around; and many, many more new customers are born each day. Demand is far, far... outstripping supply.

So I think you make a very good observation in one of your above posts, "Thus, it [Ed: Meat] is not as essential to living (albeit, it might comprise a very small part of the diet) whereas the environment is the most important thing [Ed: Only Right Now!!!:]."

Perhaps what you are missing here is only that the "most important thing for the environment" RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW is to skip a portion of meat as a way to combat overpopulation, instead of thinking that man is only allowed to eat from a select portion of nature's bounty. So I'm with you, in order to maintain a healthy consciousness, I think it is wise to limit one's intake of meat. Just don't be fooled that man, as a living organism, can not eat, digest, use and properly expel meat. I'm like you, I think most meat is gross right now; I just take a little Italian sausage on my pizza once in a while.

Best regards,
Anthony

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 09:57 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Parik,

Thank you for your comments. You have made my point.

Regards,
Andrew C. Cossette

Anthea
Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 01:08 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Parik,

Ever hear of the saying "too much of a good thing"?

In the 100th contact report, Fri 6 January 1978, the Plejarens explain some of the consequences of an unbalanced diet.

Kind Regards,
Anthea

Inger Wikstrom
Posted on Monday, May 07, 2001 - 02:04 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Forum,

Why shouldn't the human being drink milk after the breast-feeding period?

Regards,
Inger

Jani Metso
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 04:49 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

I'd like to get some clarification concerning cigarettes & tobacco.

I just noticed Andrews post (Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 02:49 am, New York City Twin Towers Terrorist Hijacking), where he mentioned about cigarettes. What is FIGUs opinion on cigarettes & tobacco? I consider it to be an unhealthy pollution of ones body. How could one, being aware of the meaning of life, destroy ones body and endanger his/her life?

Of course, everything that the Earth carries on herself has a meaning. I think that a tobacco may contain some chemicals, which Man could utilize, as a medicine.

I also remember reading, that Billy did smoke in the past. At least (if this information is true) he did burn his hand with a cigarette, to see if he was dreaming (when meeting Asket).

So, could you please give me your opinions on this? I just can't imagine myself smoking!

Regards,

Jani

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Monday, October 15, 2001 - 09:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Jani,

Yes, Billy smoked (heavily) for 33+ years. The FIGU stance/opinion on this matter is simple -- they are bad for you, but so is eating fruits with meats (as stated in OM). More information can be gained from JHWH Ptaah's explanations about smoking cigarettes in 'Contact 241-243' (available in English).

Truly, self-destruction, or as you say, "unhealthy pollution," can happen in many ways, whether it be through drugs, smoking, etc. But, in my opinion, I have seen many people destroy themselves just fine with their own thinking. Emotions, inferiority complexes, low self-esteem, personality disorders, childhood behaviours, PMS/PMDD, controlling issues, high-handedness, cerebellum or cerebrum (and/or sensor) short-circuits, etc., can do wonders in the self-abuse category. Too many humans already 'abuse' their bodies with the pollution of the mind and/or psyche. In my opinion, self-abuse and self-destruction take on many masks.

Regards,
Andrew C. Cossette

Savio
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 07:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Andrew

Regarding it is bad to eat fruits with meats, can you provide more details and/or reasons, examples?

Thanks

Savio

Jani Johannes Metso
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 10:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

Eating fruits with meats:

Could it have something to do with their different
"polarity"? I don't know how it really is, but I'd guess that meat has a negative polarity in contrast to the positive polarity of fruits, as too much meat can cause a negative "degeneration" or excess, as well as too much fruits and vegetables can cause a positive one. So, there could maybe occur some kind of "collision", when eating fruits and meat together. Does this, then, also apply to meat with vegetables? This is just my opinion, and there might be some other reasons and aspects concerning this as well.

Regards,

Jani

Michael
Posted on Tuesday, October 16, 2001 - 04:41 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps it is related to the theory of food combining where the sugars from the fruits would tend to cause the meat to putrify. Also, as most fruits have an aklaline reaction in the body, and as meat requires an acidic environment, the fruit could be seen to cause incomplete digestion of the meat. The popularity of antacids in America to counter what is perceived as excess acid may, for some people, be counterproductive if their digestive distress is actually caused fromincomplete digestion due to wrong food combining and/or the consumption of ice cold drinks.

Michael

Savio
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 03:33 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A famous Chinese dish called "Sweet & Sour Pork" usually has pineapple mixed with pork, it is quite a favourite dish in the past few hundred of years. Is this good or bad to health?

It would be nice if more details regarding the mixing of fruit & meat can be shared :)

Regards

Savio

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 09:57 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Savio,

Interestingly, I am aware of your example 'dish' as it was a topic of (personal) discussion recently. This was commented on to be a perfect example of a 'wrong' food, whereby fruits were mixed with meats. In OM (Available from FIGU [German only]), Henok stated that this kind of food combining leads to illnesses of the consciousness and psyche, not to mention, of course, detrimental to the human body as well.

Reference to the above-mentioned items can be found in OM, Canon 31, Verse 604, 606, 607 plus other, miscellaneous verses throughout.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Andrew C. Cossette

Steve M.
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 03:00 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Savio,
Meat & fruits are good for us. Not at the same time though.
From what I know of nutrition you need to eat fruits WELL before eating meat. Meat takes alot longer to digest than fruit(different acids are produced by the stomach for each as well). So if friut is eaten on a meat filled stomach the fruit actually rots in your stomach.
Salome
Steve

Lonnie Morton
Posted on Wednesday, October 17, 2001 - 07:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Andrew,

Concerning cigarette smoking you said, "it is bad for you but..." In my view this is just like saying, gluttony is bad for you but... or drunkeness is bad for you but... or drug abuse is bad for you but... or fornication and adultery is bad for you but... Get the point?

In contact 241-243 Ptaah tells Billy about how SERIOUSLY dangerous cigeratte smoking is to your own health and the health of others, including the unborn, aside from any benefits. The poison of cigarette smoking can weaken the immune system and cause infections and diseases that you would never know are related to smoking. Ptaah also said the recovery time is longer than was thought by our world's research.

In other studies, evidence shows that smokers are 50% more likely to use drugs than non-smokers. Cigarette smoking is the leading cause of death in this country. More people die from cigarette smoking and related illnesses than almost every other cause of death combined including cancer, heart disease, drug abuse, aids, accidental deaths and suicides.

To think that by being liberated from illogical thoughts and actions that one can "afford" to smoke, seems to to self deceiving and illogical in itself. The Plejarens are much more logical than we are of course and they don't smoke. It is probably primitive to them.

I grew up in a family that smoked. I could tell that this affected my health later because when I tried to participate in sports at school I tired more easily than I should have. Then, I tried smoking a few years later, and found it difficult to understand how anyone could find any enjoyment in something so unpleasant and distasteful. I was ashamed of my self too. I just don't like anything in my lungs. Besides this, several members of my family have died because of smoking related illnesses.

In the organization I was formerly associated with, if anyone smoked and did not come forward about it, then they were disfellowshipped, and not allowed to be reinstated until they showed signs of true repentance for the right motive.

In the Free Community no such disiplinary action is taken, for we must disipline ourselves. Certainly, much can be said about cigarette smoking and the serious health hazard that it is to oneself and to others as well, which far out-weighs any deceitful pleasure and benefits.

Regards,
Lonnie

PS - Also, in this time of bio-terrorism and possible pestilences we must keep our immune system strong not only by healthy thinking, but by healthy living as well.

Savio
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2001 - 05:47 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Andrew & Steve

Thanks for the explanations :)

Although the exact reason behind is still not quite clear, I would think that staying away from fruit + meat is easy to do.

I wonder if it would be the same situation if fruit juice is used to cook with meat, e.g. lemon juice will usually go with steak, again a quite favourite dish.

Any comments?

Regards

Savio

Steve M.
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2001 - 03:04 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smoking:
One more interesting note . The man who was documented to have lived the longest & healthiest on this planet died at the age of 122.
He was a life long smoker.
For the most part ,It's all in the genetics.
I read about it on Discovery's news site a few months back. There was a story on long gevity, but more important than living long , they were interested in the gene that helped this man live long with a good quality of life. There are common examples like George Burns who drank, smoke & ate not so healthy but lived a long happy life.
Personally , I think truly being happy is the best way to live a long life . Removing , stress , anger,hatred, jealousy & all those nasty emotions that create our own bodies to poison themselves.

Salome,

Steve

Lonnie Morton
Posted on Thursday, October 18, 2001 - 05:45 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Steve,

Interesting comment. Not all of us though, have the same genes. So we have to make the best of what we have. It is extremely rare for any one in this country to live that long. In some parts of the world such as Hunza in northern Pakistan, many people live to be well over 100, up to 150. And still these people are able to keep their mental, phyisical and sexual powers.

There have been many studies into this and the beautiful people of Hunza. They say their secret is the way they live. They are active doing hard physical work farming. They eat organically grown food much of it uncooked. They drink herbal teas and clean "glacier milk" water full of minerals. And they have meaning relationships possibly polygamous.

This along with other factors has contributed to their long life span. Genetics could also be a factor. However, similar living conditions and group habits exists in certain other remote areas of the world such as Pitcairn Island in the South Pacific and a few others places.

These people live an almost envious life away from the hustle and bustle of overcrowded cities. They are probably closer to nature and Creation than most people on Earth.

Things such as sugar, coffee and tobacco have been introduced to them only in relatively recent times. And, they have been influenced in such a way as to become more involved and a part of the so called "civilized" world. Their overall life-span has now gone down a bit from what it used to be.

Regards,
Lonnie

Jon
Posted on Sunday, October 21, 2001 - 10:25 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,

I would like to know if the plejarans eat seafoods?

Thanks
Jon

Anthea
Posted on Monday, October 22, 2001 - 08:58 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

I recall reading a story about a man that reached a great age. When asked what the secret of his long and healthy life-span was he said simply "not worrying". Of course there are many things we can do, or should not do, to maintain our health and longevity, but the most important thing seems to be our state of mind as could be demonstrated by this dear old man's story. "If the thinking is diseased, the body will become ill." It is cause and effect - a law of nature.

Regards & Salome
Anthea

Simpson
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2001 - 02:57 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Salam Alaikum

Are there any comments from Billy or the contact notes about symbiotic cultures such as " combucha " or " kefir "? I passionately cultivate and enjoy these drinks that can be made out of these cultures and actually feel good.
Namaskar
Simpson

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 09:41 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Steve and all,

I have been very busy, sorry for the delay. Steve (and Lonnie) you bring up very good points, however, nothing was mentioned about the fact that each and every person has a 'time span'; a time to live set out from the beginning of birth. Hence, your time of death is known through a 'blueprint'. Sure you can shorten (or lengthen) it by a small margin, to be sure, but everyone still has a 'time'.

I have another example (like Steve) of a woman who ate bacon, fatty meats, smoked heavily and drank herself silly, blah, blah, blah, and lived into her late 90's. Other examples concern the anonymous health food psycho and fear-infested one who refuses to eat this-or-that and pops numerous vitamin pills and dies at age 45. Endless examples are evidence that we each have a 'time to live' as dictated by many factors. It is most important to just 'enjoy life' through whatever means and learn the truth as best one can, as Billy once said.

In my own life, I am an avid "faster" and have been fasting for decades. All evidence of the past points to fasting as being a great tool to good health. Either way, we, as a global society, know of many ways to increase/decrease health and longevity, but it also depends heavily on the country (and culture) one is born into. When the Plejarans mentioned yogurt, e.g., (and its related anti-gammainterferon) as being healthy & good, then I started eating more yogurt (AFTER investigating it), etc.

My point is that the mind is still the leader (as stated in the Talmud, e.g.) in all things. "It" is where the evolution lies, not the body, and we can choose to enhance the consciousness or 'screw it up' according to our own choices and freewill. The body is just a stupid apartment with a predetermined lease agreement. At the end of the lease, you are evicted...

However, knowing that we all have a 'time to live' brings on a certain comfort and solace -- the goal being to slightly increase our life spans (i.e., our consciousness level!) beyond our programmed evolution.

In the case of smoking, there is a chance that the person might die before his/her time, or might not -- the example being the cases mentioned above.

I have studied long life for quite a long time and found many interesting stories. Anthea mentioned one above that I had shared with her about the old man who said "Don't worry," when asked how he lived so long. Another hundred year old man said "Don't get married," because he witnessed the problems that women might bring into a man's life. 2 twin African sisters lived to be over 100 and their so-called 'secret' was to eat a tablespoon of Castor Oil everyday of their lives. Yet another example was a man who just, "didn't think about it."

This last example pushes me to paraphrase a teaching from Billy: The ones who truly know that death does not exist will live a long life...

Regards,
Andrew C. Cossette

PS - To Savio, yes, the fruit juices on meat are the same value as I mentioned earlier. Thank you all for the comments--good topic and discussion.

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 09:51 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Steve,

You said, "Personally , I think truly being happy is the best way to live a long life . Removing , stress , anger,hatred, jealousy & all those nasty emotions that create our own bodies to poison themselves.

Yes, this is exactly what is meant by my post above. What I have learned recently in the teachings is that 'emotions', not to mention one's 'reactions' are big death-bringers. Your comment above sums up my post and Billy's remarks as well. It really is like the song by Bobby Mcferrin, "Don't Worry, Be Happy." Damned, people need to lighten up! :)

Salome,
Andrew

Michael
Posted on Saturday, October 27, 2001 - 01:00 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Taking into account the idea of a pre-determined lifespan, I think longevity simply boils down to being happy and healthy for as long as you live.

Michael

Lonnie Morton
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 02:40 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Andrew,

You mentioned fasting as being a great tool to good health. I agree. Would you please tell us why fasting is so important? Also, how often should we fast and for how long each time?

Jean Pierre Lagasse
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 08:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Lonnie,

The following are my own experiences & thoughts on fasting:

There are at least several different kinds of fasts. There should be info on these in health food stores & probably on the web as well. There is much which could be said about what fasting does.

My own version was to drink as much pure distilled water as I wanted, but nothing else. About 2-4 litres a day.
I think that while fasting, the body requires PURE water to help clean itself out.

I have "Ankylosing Spondilitis". I found that after a day or so fasting, I did not need to take any anti-inflammatory medication. Also the medication was more effective after a fast than before.

My first fast felt really bad. This is normal & most often to be expected. After a few fasts, I felt better fasting than while eating !!

Fasting produced several changes in my body system. Before my first fast, I could drink coffee any time of the day or night & sleep well at night. After I began fasting, I could not drink coffee or softdrinks after supper... or I'd stay up all night!! (good for meditation!)

Also, (after) I found that some foods did not agree with me at all...
KFC & gravy produced an almost instant inflammatory attack... hurt bad...!!

I think it's best to take short fasts at first & slowly build up to a few days or so, through at least half a year or more.

I think fasting is really good, but perhaps is "not for everybody"??
Physical exercise is really good also!

I would be most interested in hearing Andrew's (or anybody else's) comments/experiences on fasting!!

JP

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 10:59 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi JP and all,

As moderator, I had always hated long posts in this forum (as Marc does now, I'm sure) But, this one is necessary, so here goes...

To correctly fast:

1) - Plan ahead for the number of days you want to fast (usually 3-14). This means, pay bills, take care of misc. business and phonecalls, etc.

2) - Plan to be completely alone, 100%. Do not answer the telephone, talk to your spouse, etc. Lock yourself in the bedroom and DO NOT come out until the time is 'up'. One thing that really helps is to plan with your spouse a certain time (on a certain day(s)) that they can be away from the house for 30 minutes. This can give you a chance to walk outside barefoot on the grass (for regenerating the cosmic energy through the feet) or to take a hot Jacuzzi, etc. Then, GET BACK in the room!:)

3) - Plan on drinking a LOT of distilled water. JP was correct in his post above and then some. Drink it like your life depended on it. This means sipping, gulping and devouring it all day, all night. Say 2+ gallons a day is what works for me.

4) - Set up the bedroom prior to the fast with books, laptop, movies, "things to do," creature-comforts, etc.

5) - Set a time to fast and DO NOT BREAK THIS TIME. This is part of the spiritual commitment that you make to 'yourself'. A complete distilled water fast for 3 days is correct for the beginner, then go to 5 days, etc. (E.g., I am planning a 14 day in December.)

6) - Start the fast the night before by eating a huge salad with fresh vegetables and nothing else. Red wine is good too. Then when you wake up, this is the start of the commitment.

7) - On the day you stop the fast, plan it to be at dinner time (say 5:00 PM/17:00hr). At this exact hour, "break" (stop) the fast with a nice bowl of "stewed" tomatoes. Continue with water and relax for an hour or two. Then a small vegetable salad (like before) will put you to sleep for the evening. The next morning have fresh fruit salad waiting for you (via spouse) etc.

Notes to realize: You will go some nights without real sleep. This is a good time to watch movies and be alone with yourself. I find this the best time to study certain teachings. Your body will go up and down with sleep. One time I stayed up for 28 straight hours and then slept all day. Another time I read 2000+ verses of the OM and could not 'get' to sleep (so I wrote until I could). A fast is a great time to think. If you know that your sleep schedule is going to be screwed up anyways, then you will do better.

Also, forget any pains that might come up. This would be your body trying to heal itself in vital areas. A further, important note, is to do reflexology daily (with a stone, golfball, etc.) for 20+ minutes. You will see the results of this cleansing in the urine colour.

Lonnie, you asked why fasting is so important. Mental clarity, physical regeneration, healing, personal growth, spiritual (consciousness-related) commitment, memory enhancement, longevity, clearing toxic waste, colon 're-birth', renewed joint flexibility, posture realignment, cartilage cleansing, consciousness realizations, sub-consciousness cleansing, lung improvement and revived energy 'force' are just some points off the top of my head. There are many others.

Important to note is to absolutely NOT lift ANYTHING reasonably heavy for 3 days after the fast. Take some walks and keep your back straight while swinging your arms briskly. This will get you back on your feet correctly (otherwise you could throw out your back). This happened to me many years ago because I was inexperienced at fasting. Basically, the pleasure of fasting is too good to put into words. A complete and personal "rebirth" will occur if these instructions are followed exactly. Anyone who has fasted will vouch for my words, to be sure. Once you have fasted correctly (for 3+ days or more) you become part of a select and extremely unique group of individuals who know--truly know-- what it's all about.

Other things that I personally recommend (and do):

1) - Take a nice multi-vitamin the night before (with your salad) along with COQ-10.
2) - Take the entire spectrum of amino acids the morning you start.
3) - Take a tablespoon of honey the morning you start.
4) - Take a small tub with you into the bedroom and soak your feet in hot water for 20 minutes daily.
5) - Take a 1/4 cup of liquid Acidophilus the morning you start.
6) - Take 700mg. of Glucosamine and Chondroitin the morning you start.
7) - Take 3000mg. of "Fo-Ti" (Ho-Shou-Wu) the morning you start.
8) - Take 700 mg. "Silymarin" (Milk Thistle) the morning you start.
9) - Aloe Vera capsules the morning you start help with the colon cleansing process
10) - Take 7 mg. per pound of body weight of vitamin C the morning you start.
11) - Have pens and notepads available! If a pen stops working, you cannot go out of the room to get a new one.
12) - Tell your spouse that unless a nuclear bomb goes off, "DO NOT interrupt me for anything!!" (A death in the family can wait.)
13) - Read the teachings. A novel can ruin the dream process (that is also being cleansed).
14) - HAVE the bottles of distilled (only distilled) water on the floor, ready for you. Buy so much extra that you will plan to have some left over after you break the fast. This way you are in abundance.
15) - To get rid of hunger pains, "chug" or "gulp" the water straight out of the bottles. (I don't use a glass at all.)
16) - Hunger pains will go away after 49+ hours.
17) - EASY(!) stretching is good if you go slow and calmly throughout the fast.
18) - You will spend a lot of time in bed. I purchased a cool 'upright' pillow type thing (in a health magazine) that keeps my back straight while watching TV or reading. This is important. You don't want to stack pillows up so that your back is kinked and/or contorted. Remember, your back is going to be healing itself, so take care of it!
19) - Create your own spirit prayers and write them down. (Goals, desires, etc.)
20) - NO ANIMALS(!) in the room with you and no other distractions of any kind whatsoever.
21) - Relax and enjoy the ride. You are finally alone and with yourself. If you stick to the initial commitment, it will be one of the most beautiful experiences of your entire life...

The "knowing" that you are going to be locked in a room for 3+ days is half the battle. If you mentally prepare for this, then you have already succeeded. Actually 'locking' the door helps in a psychological way as well. Another thing I just remembered is yawning. Your body will contort into funny "yawns." This is excellent and the person should actually "go with the flow" of these weird yawn/stretches. Try to lightly extend the yawn (beyond its natural point) into a good stretch and then SLOWLY (!!) return back into position. Of course, this is your body telling you that it needs to rearrange and balance itself. These yawn-stretches are very enjoyable but be careful not to over-extend or you can pull a muscle on the 'return'.

Anthea, who is fasting now, can add to this/my post. She had recently done a 9 day. So, each person is different in how they handle (and enjoy!) a fast. The most important thing is to set the goal, and live it through without any disturbances. It is disturbances that are the key. If one chooses to leave the room for the above-mentioned barefoot walk, it is important to not enter the house and/or kitchen. Best to just spend 20 minutes walking outside in the fresh air (with no disturbances!) than to see the other parts of the house with your eyes. (This is my experience.) The room becomes your nest, best friend and comfort-cave. It becomes part of you and you become part of it...So enjoy that fact and prepare to be a bat.

Andrew

PS - If you have a simple 'yes' or 'no' question, you can e-mail me and I will answer. I am very busy so keep it simple. To Norm, fasting would be especially beneficial for your condition...

Oh, one more thing......Have a fly swatter handy BEFORE you fast. :)

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As an added note, I must say that it is important not to visually 'see' or hear anyone. This is the 'alone' part that helps so much. So plan for this well in advance. The sight (and direct voice) of others seems to hinder the personal experience.

Andrew

Jean Pierre Lagasse
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 12:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Andrew, all...

Wow...!!! *s*

Now I want to try all this, eh?
Thanx, Andrew!!

Just a few comments... for anybody who might not have noticed...

Much bottled water sold in grocery stores etc. is NOT distilled. "Spring water" or whatever, may contain minerals etc.
Pure distilled water has to say "distilled" or "steam distilled" on the label. Also, I've seen (& heard of) bottled "distilled water" containing fluoride !!
READ THE LABEL !!

I purchased a water distiller many years ago.
The best ones I've seen are made of Stainless Steel & use standard water heater components.
They last many many years & make a handy room heater, with the side benefit of getting pure water out of it besides.
"My own" distilled water costs about .25 cents a gallon, compared to about $1 from the grocery store.

A used unit costs much less than a new one.
Mine is a "manual fill". My usual "kitchen routine" includes filling it at least daily.

There are a few "technological tricks" in using these distillers, if anybody is interested.

JP

Jean Pierre Lagasse
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oops...
25 cents a gallon !!

Michael
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 02:57 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've never fasted for more than 5-6 days but I do know that how much water you drink can also depend on your body size to some degree, as can other components of fasting, i.e. a larger more corpulent person has more mass to sustain themselves with. They may also have more toxins but very slender people have to be careful that they don't throw themselves out of balance with fasting too rigorously without preparation or good support.

As far as getting the entire spectrum of amino acids is concerned, I believe that tryptophan is still not legally available in supplement form. I use a high grade powdered amino acid complex on a regular basis which is easier to utilize than tablets.

I think different things also work for different people. Stewed tomatoes would seem to be a very acidic first meal but perhaps that's Andrew's intent since a prolonged fast can alkalinize the body. Then again there are all the supplements you recommend at the beginning of the fast which may or may not be necessary for everyone.

The one thing which you recommend which I never experienced is the controlled solitude and non-doing, seems like a great idea.

Anthea
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 03:29 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

I want to add to Andrew's posts about fasting, the fact that it becomes easier with experience and is truly a life invigorating experience. I look forward to my fasts as if I am taking a holiday in the Bahamas! Andrew just reminded me about brushing one's tongue really well on a daily basis, as toxins being eliminated from the body tend to cause a thick bitter coating to form. Happy fasting! :)

Regards,
Anthea

Lonnie Morton
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 03:59 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Andrew and everyone,

This is very beneficial information to utilize. I wanted to discuss this subject a long time ago. Nothing was said about how often we should fast. One a year? Twice a year? How often?

Michael
Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2001 - 07:42 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of brushing, some people recommend skin brushing with an appropriate body brush to stimulate the lymphatic system as well.

Anthea
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 06:58 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Michael,

It was mentioned previously in this forum that using a cloth (or loofah) is actually harmful to the skin as it destroys the thin protective layer. Using hands is best! :)

Regards,
Anthea

Anthea
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 07:11 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Lonnie,

It is recommended to fast regularly. If you're a first-timer, build up to a long fast gradually (every month if you so wish). For example: Fast 1 can be 24 hours, Fast 2 can be 36 hours, etc. until you can do a fast of 3 days or more. After doing a substantial fast (3 days or more), one may do "maintenance" fasts of up to 24 hours weekly. If you're brave enough then try a fast of 3 days or more right at the start, and do regular maintenance fasts thereafter, interspersed with long fasts 3 or 4 times a year. Or, you can do longer fasts once every month. It really is up to the individual. Fasting is in no way harmful, however, it is important to follow all the guidelines in order to have a successful fast.

Regards & Salome,
Anthea

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 07:21 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Michael,

Pardon my corrections, but 2 things you have said are not true according to numerous investigations and reports. You have mentioned about slender people having to be careful when fasting and watch their "balance." All evidence about this points to the contrary. In fact, Paul C. Bragg, the health 'pioneer' of modern times and the most prominent "faster" argues this point adamantly. As 'the' leading authority on fasting, he states that thin human beings are no different when fasting. Moreover, a thin person might have more deficiencies than some, not to mention an unstable metabolism to boot. Fasting will help to correct many problems within their labile bodies. Numerous studies from European "Fasting" clinics are available to back this. In his book, The Miracle Of Fasting (of which I highly recommend), Paul Bragg also has case studies and findings from his over 70 years as a fasting supervisor that one can investigate that will dispel this common myth. Getting down to brass tacks, fasting helps to actually "normalize" the thin person, who, very often, has numerous problems relating to deficiencies, metabolism and the like.

Also, you have mentioned above about "skin brushing" the body for stimulation of the lymphatic system. In the teachings, Billy has mentioned that one should never use any kind of "(Ed: 3rd party)" substance on the skin. For instance, one should not use a towel for drying the skin (e.g., after a shower) due to its harshness and further destruction of the alkaline covering on the body. Hence, using a bath towel for drying can actually make you sick. The same would hold true for so-called "skin brushing." Furthermore, fasting, in and of itself, does stimulate and cleanse the lymphatic system over and beyond normal boundries. Of course, most of you already know that over-stimulation of this delicate system can have bad results and lead to sickness.

One thing that I plan before starting a fast (that I forgot to mention) is to try to set up a massage right before my fast--maybe the day before I start. Further, I set up a massage with a professional the day (or two) after I stop my fast. If one cannot do this, then it would be better to schedule a professional massage before the fast (focusing on the head, neck, shoulder and stomach areas), in my own experiences.

So, I politely agree to disagree with your findings about thin people and skin brushing. All evidence about these comments point to the contrary. :)

Regards,
Andrew C. Cossette

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 07:27 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, I forgot to mention about the tomatoes. This comes from Paul C. Bragg. Of course, many of you already know that when tomatoes are cooked they change their make up and constitution entirely. Mr. Bragg has recommended this way of "breaking" a fast for decades.

Andrew

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 07:29 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To Lonnie,

About how 'much' to fast, I would answer, "As much as you can." This depends on how much free time one has...
:)

Andrew

Michael
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 08:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Andrew,

I have to point out that what you're saying here regarding "...the thin person, who, very often, has numerous problems relating to deficiencies, metabolism and the like." doesn't strike me as completely correct or, more accurately, exclusively accurate. A few points, the ancient Indian system of Ayurveda recognizes different body types and constitutions. It contains specific dietary, exercise and health recommendations for them that long pre-date Bragg or any other contemporary health experts. They, as you may know, break these types down into Vata (air), Pitta (fire) and Kapha (earth/water), as well as combinations of these. As I recall, you are more of a Pitta-Kapha or Kapha-Pitta type, which is characteristically fairly hearty in comparison to the airier Vata types. Kind of the work horse as opposed to the hummingbird.

Not only are there different recommendations for each of the types but indications as well as for what throws them out of, and brings them into, balance. It is absolutely just as accurate to say that heavier or more corpulent types can have deficiencies, excesses and metabolic problems as thinner people do, different ones perhaps. All one has to do is look at the weight-loss obsession in this country to realize it. We are certainly the first, though probably now not the only, country to actually charge people money to lose weight, in other places starvation is free.

Of course, regarding thinner people, there are examples from all over the world of people in different climates and conditions who are thinner or heavier due to all sorts of factors. It should also be pointed out, as I have seen examples myself, that when people who do not have a fair amount of muscle mass, and who are primarily vegetarian, go into prolonged fasts they can end up weaker as their bodies may "cannabalize" tissue in the process. I would also add that the environmental set up you recommend would be quite important, I never had such when I fasted. None of this is to say that fasting as such is a bad thing. I don't, however, believe in the "one-size-fits-all" approach. Having been an enthusiast for various things throughout my life I've learned that you don't make the person fit the system but the system work for the person. It's kind of like the ancient Chinese, Ayurvedic and homeopathic aproaches which emphasize looking at the person who has the disease more than the disease that the person has. Properly regarded though, I believe a skilled practitioner can arrive at the same treatment whichever door they enter.

I do find the towel/skin info fascinating, something I certainly didn't know. Of course, a lot of the skin brushing info has its origins in European and recent American health practices. But it does make good sense to not disturb the skin's mantel. I have practiced a Russian health protocol for a few years that seems to be serving me quite well. After my shower I empty a bucket of cold water (sometimes ice added if the tap water is not cold enough) over my head and body. It is reported to have a different effect than the hot shower/cold shower method in that the sudden voulme of cold water momentarily raises the body's internal temperature to about 108 degrees to assist in destroying internal pathogens.

I know that the Russians and other eastern Europeans are big on the cold water treatment, I learned it from a Russian special forces combat trainer that I trained with. It was the LAST thing I thought I'd ever do as far as a health protocol but it's kind of like hitting yourself over the head with a hammer, it feels SO good when it's over (quite invigorating actually.) I have to admit I haven't been sick since I've been doing it, nothing that lasted more than 24 hours. It's suggested to do it once before noon and once before midnight, I don't always get that second shot in.

Now, regarding the tomatoes, like most fruits they are more alkaline in their raw state but are notoriously acidic when cooked. Don't know that it's necessarily a good or bad thing, I'd simply heard that it was best to break a fast with some soft fruit, or something else more alkaline like a vegetable broth sans tomatoes. Whatever the case may be, I'm still tripping on the no-towel benefits you mentioned above.

One other thing, properly practiced Chi Gong or yoga enhances my fasting, as well as my non-fasting life.

Salome,

Michael

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page