Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through November 16, 2002

Discussionboard of FIGU » General Area » FIGU Related » Help Wanted » Archive through November 16, 2002 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Dee Hanson
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 03:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Everyone,

As you know, the FIGU - OCT team is working on the contact notes translation project. They originally set the completion date at January 15, 2002. However, this will only be possible if they can get some help. Without help it will probably be Summer 2002 before they can finish the first book.

To speed up the translation they would like to take advantage of any translations that have already been done. However, they must be well done translations. I will be going through all the publications already in English (i.e. And Yet They Fly) and organizing any excerpts from the Contact Notes in them for the FIGU - OCT team.

If any of you have translations you have done and are willing to share them, please send them to me. I will be organizing 1 through 15 first but will take any that you can send. Please include the contact number and/or the date of the contact report if you have it.

Another thing that I need is a list of the contact reports with the dates they have occurred, if anyone has such a list. This will help identify the contact if I only have the date. I do have Wendelle Stevens' books so I may be able to compile a list from those, but I cannot use the actual contact report text from his books.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Salome,

Dee Hanson

Michael Whelan
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2001 - 06:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To: All

Anyone wishing to help with the distribution of the new book "And Yet They Fly" can do so in their own community. Barnes & Noble now has their computer system updated and can order "And Yet They Fly" for stock on their shelves.
ISBN 0971152306

If you would like to help, just visit your local Barnes & Noble bookstore and speak with the Community Resource Manager (CRM) and ask them to purchase a few copies for stock on the shelf. If there is no CRM at your particular store just ask the order desk to buy some for stock. The Barnes & Noble CRM is there to serve the needs of the individual communities that each store services. Explain to the CRM your feelings on the book and why it would be a good addition to the UFO section. I visited the 2 Barnes & Noble stores here in Tulsa and they both ordered 2 copies for stock before I could even finish what I was saying.

Any and all help would be appreciated in getting this important book in front of the main stream public.

Mike

Marc Juliano
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2001 - 11:14 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Announcement:

In addition to Dee Hanson collecting any and all existing excerpts and rough drafts of any of the Semjase Contact Reports that anyone can find (or offer), she'll also be the clearinghouse for any errors found in the latest book And Yet...They Fly! So, if anyone finds errors, obvious grammatical problems, or other mistakes in the text, we would be truly grateful if you can forward these in an e-mail to Dee. Her e-mail address is "2lazyh@crosstel.net".

All valid corrections will later be incorporated into the text for the book's second printing which will be some time down the road.

Thank you all in advance for your assistance.

Marc Juliano
FIGU Forum Moderator

Dee Hanson
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2001 - 02:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Everyone,

It would help if some of you who have read And Yet...They Fly would go on Amazon.com and post a review of it. Here is the link

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0971152306/steelmarkonli-20/002-8759177-7304824

The reviews will hopefully generate interest in it.

Salome
Dee

Norm
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2001 - 02:38 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I posted my review weeks ago.

Norm
Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2001 - 02:46 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I also went to my local New Age book stores, to see if they would carry it. I gave them a copy of Mike Whelan's email with the ordering info from Steelmark, plus I showed them my copy of the actual book. They were very interested.

Phil McAiney
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2001 - 06:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WAY TO GO, NORM!

Another idea is to buy two copies instead of one and donate the extra copy to the nearest branch of your local library. They are usually cutting costs and can't afford many new books. Seeing Guido's books on the shelf in the public library circuit would make up for the sacrifice of buying that extra copy.

Norm
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2001 - 06:52 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm almost sure my library doesn't take paperbacks.

Phil McAiney
Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2001 - 05:02 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Norm:

Why not call up and ask them? Some have paperback sections.

For the rest of you reading this, I would like to say the new paperback (almost 400 pages thick with 77 color photos) is beautifully published and presented.

The new drawings by Ptaah of himself and of Quetzal and what Sfath looked like, as well as a new portrait of dear Semjase are themselves worth the price of the book.

FIGU Core members Christian Krukowski and Barbara Harnish received telepathic impulses to guide their hands to add to these drawings and make them anew in more detail. To include these new sketches received by Billy from Ptaah from the 282rd Contact on the 15th of May, 2000 into the new English book of Guido's is a wonderful addition.

Anyone who has not sent for or received "And Yet They Fly..." I encourage to purchase as soon as possible. You will not be disappointed with the result.

Congratulations to Mike Whelan, Marc Juliano, Jason Steele and Mary Jane Shippen for their work so the English-speaking world would have a book filled with concepts to ponder for many decades to come.

Michael Whelan
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2001 - 08:51 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To: All

We are currently developing a new website. This new site will replace the online ordering area of the current billymeier.com. The new site will be dedicated to the sale of FIGU books and related material. Our current site, billymeier.com, is very outdated and is in need of new written material.

The Task: We need new descriptions written for each of the books currently on the site. If you are willing to help and have any of these books, please read them through carefully and then write a summary/description for the booklet. In addition, we are going to add an "editorial review" or "customer review" to each of the books. If you have a personal comment about the book, please include that separately with your summary/description of the book.

The summary/description of the booklets will be posted anonymously and will become a permanent part of the new site. The "editorial reviews" will be posted with the name of the person who wrote it and will be subject to an editing review before posting.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mike

Scott B.
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2001 - 05:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Everyone

Everyone seems to be coming up with excellent ways of getting Guidos book out.

I recently placed an order for a case of books I believe 28 per case.

During the course of my activities I attend a number of the various UFO conferences and public events on the west coast.

I'm in business with another person who has a video tape business. Recently at one of these meetings I placed two copies of Guidos book on the table. Within two hours both books sold, and that was during the break between speakers! And by the way one person who purchased the book is a MUFON member! Judging from the reactions on people faces I would say the book almost sells itself. Since many of us are fairly well versed in Billys case, its not too hard to answer any questions people have.

I have also been telling certain people about this book at work. I have a few interested people who I think once they see the super clear photos and text will most likely purchase the book.

Needless to say there are many avenues to get this into the hands of the public. This weekend I will be attending a MUFON meeting, and I'm sure there will be some interested people there also.

Good luck to all

Salome
Scott

Joseph Royack
Posted on Sunday, November 18, 2001 - 08:52 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings to all, I recently bought 12 copies of AYTF from Mike and have been sending them to various groups that put out flyers for selling books...Just another idea for anyone that might want to help in the distribution...Salome Joseph

Jean Pierre Lagasse
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 - 06:27 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Michael,

Which english books/publications do you need comments or reviews about?
Any or all of them?
Is there any activity on any of this "behind the scenes"?
If so, what is happening???

Willing to help...
JP

Jean Pierre Lagasse
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 - 08:30 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,

This post should be more properly placed in a more "unofficial forum string"... & may even be "off topic" also, however.... J

If other Albertans might be interested...!

In Edmonton Alberta Canada, NONE of the major book stores I talked to can order the AYTF...
I found a small book store: "Audrey's" downtown Edmonton which could...!!!

Am really looking foreward towards reading my "first copy" & will place more orders with them after this...!!!
There are others in my "neighbourhood" interested... (another story !)

Salome
JP

Mark Campbell
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2001 - 11:28 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JP ;
If you go to the major stores and talk to the Community resources manager , they can place a couple of books on the shelves , just bring your book in so they can look at it .
Salome , Mark

gurujay
Posted on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 12:13 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greeting to All,

I simply loved the pictures and all the Information in my copy of AND YET THEY FLY. I have been a strong reader and supporter of the FIGU new knowledge for the world, I think this is one great piece of work next to the wendelle Stevens translations of the contact notes. My concern is or at least I should say, why so much is involved in the pictures of the BEAMSHIPS and not actual pictures of the faces of the occupants as well. I do understand they are as human as we are but why the hiding??.... In the contact notes it was stated that this was not allowed to do circumstances that could not be reveal to us right at this time but in the nature of the human being that I am, it gets me so curious to know. Marco, Scott B., anyone can explain this situation to me in a more clearer sense??.... thanks :)

Be well to all :)

Jean Pierre Lagasse
Posted on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 01:34 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi gurujay,

Stevens' translation book 1 page 328
Note: As we all know, there are errors & omissions in these texts.
I have skipped some text, as this was not relevant to your question. This is shown by quotes or in some cases "..."
JP

31st Contact Thursday, 17 July 1975 10: 14h

"
Meier-...
...But now a small special request of you, Asket: For a long time I have tried to get Semjase to permit a photograph of her, but regrettably I cannot get permission from her. I am wondering if you would let me capture a picture of you and Nera here on my film? Would you permit this?

Asket- 33/If this delights you, of course. 34/With Semjase it unfortunately is that way, because if you would shoot a picture of her and published it on Earth, then her security would no more be guaranteed. 35/For that reason she has prohibited this when certain difficulties came up in your group. 36/But I am afraid when making pictures of me and Nera here now, that they will not come out well.
"
"
Asket-...
... 45/But if you nevertheless want to make some pictures of us now, then you may do so. 46/If you make no use of it and keep the picture for yourself alone, you may make a group picture of us...

Meier- Thank you, Asket. Of course I will keep it alone, if it is a good one.

Asket- 47/So get the picture now. 48/At a later point in time you may also be allowed to shoot some pictures of Semjase, when she is no longer vulnerable on Earth. 49/This may be several more years. (19) 50/Concerning me, recognition is no more important, for I will not come to Earth again for a long time.
"

Jose Barreto Silva
Posted on Monday, April 22, 2002 - 12:47 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings and Saalome Figu Friends,
Please see if you can help with this TASK.
WHAT IS MERAMIE???

In Talmud of Jmmanuel one reads in Chapter 24 as follows:

TJ 24:28 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites who tithe mint, meramie, dill and caraway seeds...........

Please, what kind of plant is MERAMIE??? Do you know other name for that same plant??? Do you know its scientific/Latin name??? I am translating TALMUD OF JMMANUEL into Portuguese Language and I am not being able to find a word in Portuguese to translate it. I´ve tried to look for that word MERAMIE in a good American Heritage English Language Dictionary (a huge book) and even in there I could not find that word. I also tried to search over the Internet for no avail.
Do you know what is that plant? Please help me to find a translation for that word/plant into Portuguese. (I need a scientific/latin name so I can find what is it) There is a university in a town close to the city I live I could ask them if only I had its scientific name.

Thank you very much in advance,
José Barreto Silva

Jose Barreto Silva
Posted on Tuesday, April 23, 2002 - 05:58 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WHAT IS MERAMIE??? AGAIN!
Greetings and Saalome Figu´s TRUTHSEEKERS
here is a copy of e-mail I´ve sent to Bruni Koye regarding translation of MERAMIE plant´s name

Dear Herr Billy

This kind of question could stir other kind of thoughts in peoples´ minds. Give them reason to doubt the TRUTHFULLNESS of Talmud Jmannuel for example: "Billy used a word, a plant that does NOT exist, What is MERAMIE???!!!"

Is MERAMIE a name for a plant that also exists in Swiss? Is it a word used only in Bulach/German dialect??? I want to correctly translate that word MERAMIE into Portuguese otherwise I would not be TRUTHFULL to the translation I am doing from Talmud of Jmannuel into Portuguse Language.
I do not know what is MERAMIE neither Dr. Jim Deardorff DOES. The ONLY ONE, the SOLE ONE who could answer that question is Herr Billy Meier because he saw that plant close to the tomb of Joseph of Arimathea when he and Isa Rachid found the original scrolls in Jerusalem back then in 1963.
I´ve sent e-mails to a Botanical University close to this town I live in to see if they know its scientific name and its equivalent name in Portuguese. What if I translate the passage in TJ 24:28 and write down the same word UNTRANSLATED as is MERAMIE people would make questions, create more doubts in their minds, accusing Talmud Jmmanuel of being a concoction, a lie and it happens that I myself do not WANT that kind of thing happening because of a single word. You know people and debunkers always try to find HAIR ON A EGGSHELL just to try to destroy Billy´s Mission and you and Herr Billy know that a sole single word can destroy a whole PLANET as did Mathew in his Gospels when he changed the real words of Jmmanuel.

Please Herr Billy, what is MERAMIE my dear dear friend??? Do you know its scientific name so I can use CORRECT word for that plant???

Please HELP ME!!!
José Barreto Silva

Savio
Posted on Tuesday, May 21, 2002 - 03:14 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mark

Could you give more details on "actually required by the Plejarens"?

And, who is in the work group in building the Centre ? Where would it be?
What size of fund is required?

Regards

Savio

Thomas C Turk
Posted on Friday, May 24, 2002 - 12:43 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why after all these years have the Wendel Stevens published 4 Contact Notes books, ' Message from the Pleiades' become a non starter??? At the publication time I read that great effort had gone into the translations, making sure there was no religious
bias etc. and that B.M. was satisfied with them. I bought them all when published and re-read them umpteen times. Is there new info now that was then left out or were they in fact erroneous???

Anthea Cossette
Posted on Sunday, May 26, 2002 - 06:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Thomas,

As far as I know, Wendel Stevens did not have Billy's approval to publish the books because his translations to English from the original German had many omissions and mistakes.

Kind Regards,
Anthea

Jean Pierre Lagasse
Posted on Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 05:54 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,

This is the third (of 3) article of correspondence between Stevens & Billy on the matter of "false translations".
From "Message from the Pleiades" Page 404 Book 4, by Stevens.
The text was left "as is", including any spelling mistakes etc.

Date: 25, March 1995
Fax Nr. 001 602 721 9025

"
Dear Wendelle

Thank you for your fax. Concerning the Contact Notes you possess, the fact is as following:
Probable the Contact Notes you translated were not yet corrected. There were different mistakes which were on one side corrected later by Semjase, Quetzel and Ptaah and on the other side I made mistakes in word and number during the telepathic incomm and I even changed by mistake words or left out whole sentences. Furthermore you translated Contact Notes which were copied by Amata Stetter, who partly changed the meaning unauthorized and also copied wrong, what we discovered about three years ago. Accordingly we had to correct and to print everything again. If you are interested, I will send you the corrected Notes.
Concerning Kal Korff we know, that the material which he bought from the widow of Hans Jakob was already falsified, retouched and photomontaged, thus manipulated in different ways. Hans Jakob complained about that, when I met him at the hospital before he died. That does mean, I sold Hans Jakob the material I got back and didn't realize immediately that it was already falsified. He also received my falsified material from other people.
I think it is right, I accept it and I thank you for what you undertake against Kal Korff in your and our matter. About Kal Korff we don't worry, because we know the truth.
With best wishes
Billy
"

Mark G
Posted on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 10:02 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone know if there is a possibility to open a Figu study group on the North East of the USA? Also, is there any volunteer work that needs to be done? If so, how do you get into it?

Thank you,

Scott B.
Posted on Friday, August 16, 2002 - 02:51 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Mark,

The minimum qualifications to establish an official FIGU study group requires at least 3 passive members in attendance. At present, Im only aware of one official group existing in the US. This group is located in Los Angeles, and I believe they meet once per month.

You might try e-mailing someone at the www.billymeier.com website and I'm sure someone would be able to point you in the right direction.

Salome
Scott Baxter

Christian Frehner
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 10:48 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mark,

Scott is right: A FIGU study group may be opened/founded if three FIGU Passive members are deciding to do so (and have received the OK by FIGU Switzerland). The rest of the group must not have a FIGU membership.

Regards,
Christian Frehner

Jean Pierre Lagasse
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 06:52 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Christian,

I thank you for this information.

"The rest of the group must not have a FIGU membership"
Can you please explain??

I live in an area where the nearest person I know of, seriously interested in the Meier info lives probably 12 hours away by car. He does not have a FIGU membership to my knowledge. In short, at this point in my life, there is no way I can regularly get together with 3 other FIGU members.

Financial stuff. I've had many thoughts on this!

The Spirit Lessons...!!

Any further information, details or thoughts you can provide on any of this would be greatly appreciated, by others I'm sure, besides myself.

Salome,
Pierre

Lonnie Morton
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 10:27 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Christian,

Besides the requirement of 3 passive members to form an 'Official' FIGU study group, it would be a definite advantage if at least 1 member knows the German language. However, as with JP, I don't see why others in the group must NOT be FIGU members.

Here in South Florida, Norm and myself are the only FIGU passive members that I know of. It is possible to form a study group here with another member even though the future of Florida looks bleek prophetically. Since we are so close to the ocean and most parts of the state are marsh-like and already below sea level, I have to look at things objectively. I am sure Norm will agree.

Norm, what do you think?

Salome,
Lonnie

James the truthseeker
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 10:29 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings JP, should you and a few others ever decide to move out to the Vancouver BC area, then perhaps we can start an FIGU center out here too.

Mark Campbell
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 10:57 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everone ;

I'm sure what Christian meant was " The rest of the group NEED not have a FIGU membership." That is it's "not a must". That is the logical meaning of his post .

Mark

Norm
Posted on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 06:45 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lonnie, I'm prepared to go down with the ship. As someone with a disability, living in some post apocalypse era, would be disastrous for me. I have to rely on too much assistance.

Brock Bradford
Posted on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 07:22 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hate to bring up a dead horse…but this is the year 2002, we are already interconnected by our computers as a means of communication, our distance to each other is the same no matter where we live on this planet. If our intended purpose of coming together is a study group, I assume it means to gain knowledge of and examine the material published by FIGU, I personally would be happy to pay a subscription fee to FIGU if a study program could be developed or at least guided by a member of the core group that we of the English speaking human race could participate in. We who are interested live with great spaces between us…the net connects us within milliseconds…

I would like to sit in a room with you all… but again this is the year 2002, life here in this time requires us to be ($) very hard-working… we do not yet have beam ships…

Does this ring any bells with anyone else?

Norm
Posted on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 09:47 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brock, Right now I can't even get more than three people together on Wedenesday night for a Figu Chat session. We are trying to set up a Study Group on Yahoo Messenger using Voice to Voice, but its still in the planning stages.

Christian Frehner
Posted on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 10:14 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is exactly as Mark wrote: Of course it is favorable that as many FIGU members as possible are in a study group. The number of three FIGU Passive members is the minimum requirement.

Regards,
Christian

Scott Whitney
Posted on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 11:48 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One of my duties in the FIGU Society USA is to act as a study group coodinator. In that regard, maybe I can offer some additional explanation on this matter.

Anyone, anywhere who wishes to get together with like-minded people to discuss and study the material is encouraged to do so. This can be by e-mail, telephone, text chat groups, voice chat, postal mail, face-to-face etc. There are no requirements for this kind of loosely organized study group. But in order to make a distinction from an Official Study Group, the term Aspiring Study Group might be appropriate. In other words, while people are first beginning to form a study group it is bound by no particular requirements and hence the term aspiring study group.

For an official study group to be formed, there are more requirements. The first is that there must be a minimum of three passive members. Ideally, there would be more than three passive members in the group so that if one decides to leave the group, the group does not have to dissolve. Additionally, an official study group must elect a president, secretary and a treasurer. Lastly, an official study group must have face-to-face meetings at a minimum of once per month. Also, it is ideal if there is a fluent German speaker (or more) in the group, but this is not required. With the additional requirements of an official study group, also comes more action. For example, once an official study group has a firm foundation, it is possible translate and publish booklets and to have a Web page - among other projects.

It is my opinion, that ideally in the future, every major city in the US & Canada would have an official study group. In order to work towards this, it is my opinion that whereever possible, people start to form aspiring study groups with the goal of someday forming an official study group.

Of course, as the name implies, the primary goal of a study group of either type is to study the material.

Scott Whitney

James the truthseeker
Posted on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 03:08 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings everyone,

Perhaps we can all hold an international FIGU reunion at the FIGU center in Switzerland along with a UFO confrence for a summer event. This may help to raise money for the center and a good way to meet people from all over the world. We will however have to keep an eye on any trouble makers who may try to cause a disruption, such as Kal Korff, etc.

Peace,
James TT.

Scott B.
Posted on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 04:01 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

I think one of the primary goals in studying this material is the exchange of ideas and information, but there is more to it than this.

Too me, it is one thing to chat in a chat room or to make posts on this forum, or to exchange e-mails from distant corners of the earth. This is fine, but in some ways some of the finer nuances of understanding, can be confused or lost.

I have participated in study groups and I feel some of the things experienced or shared cannot be exchanged over the Internet. Parts of the teachings (in my opinion) also attempt to relate the ideas that we are connected to each other. This connection can only be reinforced (in my opinion) by personnel exchange with another person, or groups of people.

When many of us sit behind a computer keyboard, its easy to say what we think we know based on our intellectual knowledge, but how much do we really know when we have to look others in the eye and try and explain a concept,idea or feeling. This to me is the real test of the level of integrity each of us has, and how honest we are in the face of others.

The idea of study groups is to bring people to together. While its great to study this material, its also about our own personnel growth and inner understanding, and how to apply this to our daily lives. I am not really a group person, but through my exposure to others I have learned to communicate and be more comfortable in a group setting. This too me, has been a great experience and will always be with me. It does take a greater degree of work to participate in study groups, but I feel the rewards are worth it. I have made friends, which I feel could not have been achieved otherwise.

Thanks for listening
Salome
Scott

Mark Campbell
Posted on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 09:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Scott and everyone ;

I agree with Scott , that being in proximity to others , if it can be accomplished at all , is most important . Some of us don't have anyone near us to join with , so this presents a challenge . If we are within a couple of hours drive , I don't think this is too difficult , once a month .

What I have noticed is that this forum seems to suffice for some people as the primary source of information and orientation . Quite the contrary . Much reading should be done , and this presents an obstacle to many who only wish to continuously ask questions that they come to from the material that they read on this website .They could be researching ,themselves , with books that they can order through the FIGU .

What I recommend to everyone who is concerned with the progress of the Mission itself , is to try to recognise at which point they should offer some help , at least with getting themselves up to speed with the material , and possibly use their eyes and minds to contribute to the knowledge seeking that most of us are involved in .

As far as getting together in groups in local areas , much can be done to make this happen eventually .You can go to bookstores in your area and take a printout from www.andyettheyfly.com , and tell them that a company called INGRAM distributes the book . They can order the book from them now , which is a recent development . After several pro-active steps like this , you can place ads in your newspapers asking for contact with anyone who knows anything about the case , giving only your email address at first , that way , you can email links to the FIGU site , etc.

These are just a few ideas , but sometimes to get things done , you have to create the opportunity .

Have a good week , Mark

James the truthseeker
Posted on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 11:11 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings Mark, Scott and others,

I like your suggestions and more. Perhaps Michael Horn can mention on the Art Bell show your suggestions to create FIGU communities for those real seekers seriously interested while keeping in mind that not all the FIGU information is going to be agree-able to most until they seek the answers to why this is. A sense of community is what the majority of people are looking for in groups which has attracted people to many churches and temples, etc. Humanity still has a long road ahead of them, but creating a community of FIGU centers world wide is perhaps a step in the right direction. I'm still trying to get UFO BC to sponser Michael Horn up to my area to get people really interested for starting a group.

Perhaps I or we can find a way to contact "Prince Hans-Adam II" of Liechtenstein to fund an FIGU community project for us as he apparently has a big interest in UFOs and lives not to far from Billy himself in Switzerland. That is of course depending on him and what his views of Billy are if he has being informed or has a good understanding.
http://www.news.li

At one point, I have suggested a Personals area perhaps also on this site where like minded singles can find each other should they want to.

Peace,
James TT.

Norm
Posted on Thursday, October 24, 2002 - 07:03 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Everyone you can hear an interview with Michael Horn on Hilly Rose Radio at the Atlantis Rising website. http://radio.atlantisrising.com

"Billy Meier is without question the most controversial person in the paranormal world anywhere. His photos of UFOÕs are unparalleled. His writings and predictions make Edgar Cayce look like an amateur. His personal accomplishments with just one arm are impossible. Yet the scientific documentation of contact with the Pleiadians is available to anyone.
AIR DATE: 9-16-02"

Jean Pierre Lagasse
Posted on Thursday, November 07, 2002 - 10:13 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Scott Whitney,

I have been thinking about "Aspiring Study Groups" ever since your post on October 23, 2002 - 08:48 pm.
I agree with Scott Baxter that there are limitations to what can be done through the internet. However, the internet has certain advantages also!!!
I would be interested in participating in such a study group, if one was started.

Are there any more details/thoughts which you can provide on this topic???
I do have a list of questions... (!!) :)

Regards & Thanks,
Pierre Lagasse

Scott Whitney
Posted on Friday, November 08, 2002 - 07:19 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi JP,

I think one advantage of a cyber group working as an aspiring study group is that it could bring people together on-line who may find that they live near other like-minded people. In other words, a cyber based group could be a stepping stone for people to start forming face-to-face aspiring study groups.

In my opinion, an English text could be decided upon by the group in advance. Then each week, every other week, or monthly etc., a particular section or chapter of the text could be used for study. Ideally, each member could read the chosen text in their own time, in advance. Then at the cyber meeting place everyone would be prepared to discuss the reading material.

For example, the Talmud Jmmanual could be studied, chapter by chapter, over several months or a year.

As people join the group, they can pick up wherever the rest of the group is reading. As more people join, they may find that someone in the group lives near them and they could start to study additional material, or the same material in greater depth, in person.

This is how I envision a cyber group eventually helping to form aspiring study groups. And if members of aspiring study groups are so inclined, they can become Passive Members. When the group has three Passive Members, they have the possibility to become an official study group. This may take years or decades, but eventually a network of official study groups might be found all around the US, Canada and S. America.

Regarding the mechanics of a cyber study group, there various chat type of forums possible. Yahoo has chat rooms that Norm and I have been experimenting with. They work by text and voice. On Wednesday nights at 8pm EST, there is a chat session at eduardmeier.org which is text-only. At some point, the FIGU Society USA, would like to have its own Web site in which it could host a high quality, business-grade chat room.

These are my thoughts on the matter. I'd welcome any suggestions, opinions or questions.

: ^ )
Scott

Jean Pierre Lagasse
Posted on Monday, November 11, 2002 - 05:43 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Scott W,

Thanx lots for the info !! :)
I would welcome a professional type of chat room which can be moderated & a "record" (archived?)kept of the exchanges.

I might be somewhat "out of line" with the following question, but even so, the question needs to be asked !?!?!

There are people who frequent this forum who are very interested but who do not have "access to" the German contact note materials (Don't know German yet...).
Also, the Stevens translations (used books) are very expensive if one can even find these, and pirate versions of these notes are available but at horribly high prices. Additionally, there is no "guarantee" that these pirate versions have been "altered" even beyond "Steven's original errors"... with even more "unknown errors"?? :(

What would the "reaction" (or study format) be, if the group decided they wished to begin exchanging/studying the contact notes (Stevens materials where these apply)???

This would ideally be supplemented by the German versions & "unofficial translations" could be attempted by the group wherever there was a question of accuracy, or where there are "missing sections"???
(As most of us know, the Stevens contact note translations have many omissions & errors... but on many contact notes, are perhaps the best English materials we have for now?)

The TJ is well worth a detailed study, but is available in an "authorized" English version!!

Perhaps just a "dumb" question, but one which I know many of us would love to ask !!!

Regards,
Pierre

Scott Whitney
Posted on Wednesday, November 13, 2002 - 08:15 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi JP,

There has been some talk of the FIGU Society USA taking a more active role in setting up an aspiring study group. I am looking into a service provided by webex.com which has all the features we need plus many more. However, it is not free so it might be necessary to defer costs by having some small fee to participate. (also a fee creates a certain level of committment)

I am also going to look into Microsoft's NetMeeting, which, last time I dabbled with it, was free.

Regarding studying Wendelle's contact notes, if FIGU Society USA takes an active role in this project, it is my opinion that we should study only approved translations. I am not sure what you mean by, "exchanging/studying the contact notes (Stevens materials where these apply)???" But as you stated, the books are hard to find and expensive. I think this makes them (Steven's versions) an unlikely candidate for study material. However, the Contact Notes in general, where there exists approved translations, might make excellent study material.

In other words, if a group of people form their own cyber study group, of course they can study the Stevens translations - or anything they wish. But if FIGU Society USA takes an active role, I think we need to stick to the approved texts.

However, if the FIGU Society does take an active role, there might be more of a possibility to get certain texts approved for study - and hence a channel for new material. I may be going out on a limb here by saying that, but it might be a possibility.

BTW, anybody who would like to discuss this (or other topics) is invited to the chat sesssion tonight (Wed.) at eduardmeier.org at 8PM EST.

Scott

Jean Pierre Lagasse
Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Scott W. Norm, all...

Thanks for the session this last wednesday!
Comfortably "uninformal" yet productive, this session left me with an anticipation for future events !!!

For my own information, I've been looking through Webex... a very "full-featured" facility. It has everything on my "wish-list" which I (& others?) mentioned and more. Presentations etc. could be produced beforehand, stored & "played back" including voice...!
Sessions can be stored & archived.
A library of such presentations (etc.) could eventually enable "new" weekly study sessions from a variety of previously produced materials & "speakers"...? :)
Perhaps at different times also???
Many more features also.
I couldn't find pricing though, but they do have a free version (limited feature) facility.
Still more reading to do... on Netmeeting also...

I am looking foreward to the upcoming discussion on the newly approved official translation from Quetzel!!

Oh by the way... when the "location" for this study group changes(!!), I'll place it's new location at the top of the chat page on em.org.

Thanx Scott W. & especially to Norm :) for making this happen !!!

Salome,
Pierre

Scott Whitney
Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi JP & all,

I have been looking into some other business grade meeting software too. So far, WebEx seems like the best plan I have come across. I placed a call to them on Fri. to get some pricing info. Was promised a call back - but haven't heard back from them yet.

I think NetMeeting may not be a good option due to its lack of Macintosh support. There was another software that I demoed that was a peer to peer service. It had a bad delay - probably my connection. I think a central server is a better way to go.

I'll report what I find out for WebEx pricing next week.

In the meantime, shall we plan on Wednesday's session at eduardmeier.org, Chatroom #1, at 8PM EST again? I suggest some study material which can be downloaded in .pdf format here:

http://www.steelmarkonline.com/PlejaransWish.pdf

It is a newly released translation - 'hot off the press'

If everyone reads it in advance, we can come to the chat session prepared to discuss it.

Look forward to seeing the regulars and maybe a new 'faces' also!

Scott

Brock Bradford
Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 03:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want to publicly thank Norm, Scott W and JP for launching an online meeting... and all those others I don’t know about...

See you there…

Brock

Linda
Posted on Saturday, November 16, 2002 - 08:39 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Scott,

I've read through the hot-off-the-press latest Quetzal talk. Once again, as I perceive it, the dear P's talk in their logical terms of "A but not A."

Aside from our chat, I hope we can also discuss some of this communication on the forum here. I intend to post some exerpts in the "Non-FIGU Related: Religion" area, especialy since "faith" or "conviction" is recognized by Quetzal as something to be tolerated by all earth humans, including FIGU.

Linda

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page