Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help   FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through November 15, 2002

Discussionboard of FIGU » General Area » FIGU Related » The Salome Peace Meditation and Meditation Pyramid » Archive through November 15, 2002 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Mark Campbell
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2001 - 04:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I started this new thread to give the Salome Peace Meditation it's own area for discussion .I had trouble finding references to it in the Discussion Forum , as it is somewhat buried within other vague and miscellaneous topics. This is the time that people should be more aware of it , and use it effectively .
Here is a link to the information page here on the FIGU website :
http://195.186.66.24/us/spiritual_teaching/peace_meditation.htm
In my estimation , this is extremely relevant and a most important activity to engage in . It is the only thing we can do to effect peace in the world today , besides showing respect to all people and life .
" Salome gam nan ben Urda , gan niiber asala hesperona "
Mark

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2001 - 06:33 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mark,

Yes, good idea. Today (Sunday) was extremely important in my opinion. It becomes more evident due to the crazy mishandling and bollixing up by the American President George (W.W.III) Bush and his tinkering with the rest of the world.

Therefore, if any public viewers have questions to ask about this very important topic, then this would be a good place to do it.

I, also, look forward to any further comments from our viewers.

However, I must politely correct you on your post above, dear Mark.

"Salome gam nan ben Urda - gan njber asala hesporona" :)

For those interested, the exact translation from the Old Lyrian language is:

Pronounced: "Saalome" (sAAhl-O-may)
Meaning: "Peace (in wisdom)"

Pronounced: "gam" (gahm)
Meaning: "be"

Pronounced: "naan" (nAAhn)
Meaning: "on"

Pronounced: "ben" (ben)
Meaning: "the"

Pronounced: "Uurda" (ooo-er-da)
Meaning: "Earth"

Pronounced: "gan" (gone)
Meaning: "and"

Pronounced: "njjber" (knEE-bur)
Meaning: "among"

Pronounced: "asaala" (us-AAh-lah)
Meaning: "all"

Pronounced: "Hesporoona" (Hes-pore-OOwn-ah)
Meaning: "Creatures"

Hope this helps some.

Regards,
Andrew C. Cossette

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2001 - 06:38 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I should quickly note that, for the sake of consistency and understanding, the meaning of the saying has been translated to say:

"Peace be on Earth, and among all beings!"

3 members of the CG49 and myself translated (back in '95) the word "Hesporoona" to be "creatures," and not "beings." Either way, of course, it is still harbours and shields the same meaning.

Best regards,
Andrew :)

Linda Williams
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2001 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Mark,

I've been saying a similar "mantra" for many years: Peace on earth and good will to all men and wishing and hoping for the realization of that greater good.

I awakened this morning to the news of the beginning of an aggressive war, WWIII, perhaps.
Glued as I have been to CNN and other media coverage, I grieve for our world and understand the necessity of putting down the "mad dog" that stands in the way of reason, upholding a spiritual profanity in the name of "holy war" which justifies these recent horrific acts upon humanity.

I hate to use the term "collateral damage," but perhaps in this context it is necessary.

Hopefully, the planet is coming closer to the realization that we must sustain ourselves peacefully, amongst ourselves and our space neighbors. There does not appear to be any other way for us to go.

I join with you in a peace meditation,
Linda

Mark Campbell
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2001 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Linda ;
Thanks for your response .I don't know if you are informed about this . Without a better way to say it , I'll get to the point .Mantras , prayers , and well-wishes will be ineffectual in acheiving the aim of this particular group meditation which is comprised of a specific phrase , pronounced in a certain way , it tandem with 3.5 billion Plejarens and other E.T. races in our galaxy .It was instituted by the ancient Lyrians for future time , when such an intervention was necessary to break up the thousands of years of negative hate vibrations that collect and hang over our planet like a blanket , influencing all life for the worst .The phrases was 'programmed ' into the Akashik record , the 'library' of all human thought and emotion from time immemorial .Performing this meditation is the only way to unlock the impulses that are stored in the sky in this way .Please consider that we are such few in number who understand this process , and the likelyhood of many more joining us in it , are slim . I say this because people resist anything new . They will recite anything at all ( christian hymns for example) to make them feel like they are helping , while only comforting themselves .The different religions are THE REASON for all the religious /sectarian wars throughout history. These self righteous leanings are responsible for the accumulation of hatred .The Salome Peace Meditation is really is the only way to dissapate and lessen the negative cloud which covers the Earth. Please make the effort , since you are aquainted and interested in the FIGU , to learn and perform this valuable meditation as it is suggested here .I can tell you that most everyone that I have asked to consider it (with all sincerity on my part), have treated it with indifference . "It's too hard" , "I don't like foreign accents" ,"it sounds strange" ," I'm busy on weekend afternoons", will all seem as petty as they are , when certain harsh prophesies come true . People will ask, " how could it happen here?" It already has - so please take a cue and contribute while we still have time .
Salome , Mark

Linda Williams
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2001 - 11:39 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Mark and Marc Juliano,

Could we establish new times for us to observe and activate the Peace Meditation? Could we do that amongst ourselves and others interested?

In peace,
Linda

Mark Campbell
Posted on Sunday, October 07, 2001 - 11:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Linda ;
The times indicated are set . The entire adult population of the Plejaren planet Erra meets in one location for this event at the above mentioned time only .That is , instead of anti-grav surfing , or whatever they do on weekends , they commit to this activity , 4 days a month . Since Earth is not their home planet,we should all feel grateful and not even think about asking them to change the time . If you are asking if we can do the meditation on alternate weekends amongst Ourselves without them ,then I would be all for it.I've wondered about that myself. It would take alot of us ( thousands)to make any difference , and I'm not sure that it would be significant . Good idea , Linda .
Peace in Wisdom , Mark

Anthea
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2001 - 09:51 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

As far as I understand, the reason for the times being set as they are is because of the use of the meditation pyramids (of paramount importance in achieving the results desired).

These pyramids act as antenna which link with the pyramid at the Center, which in turn link with the great pyramid on Erra. In this way the "energies" are collected and dispersed. If the peace meditation is performed at any old time then the effectiveness of this meditation comes to nil.

The effect of the Meditation is also enhanced when done as a group, instead of one or two persons alone.

This might be a good time and incentive for Passive Members (and other sincere people) that perform the meditation alone to join together with others, where finances and circumstance permit, every 1st and 2nd week-ends, or even one of the two week-ends each month.

The Peace Meditation is performed as a group effort at the Center just as it is on Erra, in front of a Pyramid, so perhaps we can follow that example? I personally think that a little discomfort is a small price to pay for peace on Earth and the good of all mankind.

Kind Regards and Salome,
Anthea

Scott B.
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2001 - 12:45 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Anthea

Yikes,,I thought the meditation was every 1st and 3rd weekends each month, please correct me if Im wrong

Salome
Scott

Anthea
Posted on Monday, October 08, 2001 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oooooh ... bad typo ... apologies everyone ... yes Scott - 1st and 3rd weekends! :) Thanks for pointing out the error - sometimes one can read ones writing several times and still miss the mistakes!

Regards and Salome
Anthea

Linda Williams
Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2001 - 09:14 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mark and all,

I agree there is strength in numbers, and the existing protocol for the Peace Meditation is awe-inspiring. But you are correct, Mark, I was suggesting an intensification of the effort among the people of this planet Earth.

I guess my real concern is this: what will it take and how long will it take to dissipate the negative energies that blanket our world? Clearly I have no intention of undermining the existing peace meditation, but I wonder, especially given the sad state of affairs we're in, what evidence exists that it is effective.

In peace,
Linda

George Madeyski
Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2001 - 11:06 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Andrew,
correct me if I'm wrong about this but I think that there is more that we can do here as I'm reading 'And yet... they fly'. It seems to me that if we were to correctly speak in German with the CODE; for example: certain verses from Introduction to the Sprit Teachings(even whisper is ok) to all people in our immediate area like coworkers on the job, family, friends etc. that also would energize Akasha in the positive way and would knock those guys out of their ILLUSION/S so they would also start searching for the Truth, answers etc.
Regards
George

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2001 - 02:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi George,

This area is for the Peace Meditation. I don't quite understand your question as well. The "code" is in the reading (of the material), and not the speaking. This "code" is just a recollection/remembrance and nothing more. There is no mysterious magic that goes along with it, and, is not that important anyway. Reading the material in any language -- i.e., your native language -- is fine.

Regards,
Andrew

Donna-Marie Ambrose
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 11:18 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aloha!
If I may impose upon you in the know....I desire to participate in The Peace Meditation as I feel there is nothing more important, especially at this time. I need to know 1.) What time would I need to begin my meditation in Hawaii to sychronize with everyone else,2.)I will be doing this alone, is that better than not doing it at all? and 3.) Are copper pyramids available for purchase anywhere? I thank anyone who can help me with this.Peace, Donna

Norm
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 04:57 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Look for a magazine called Sedona, they sell copper pyramids in that mag. Here's a link, http://www.sedonajo.com/

Each Peace Meditation session lasts 20 minutes and takes place on the first and the third weekends of the month (target day is always the first Saturday of the month).

on Saturdays at 6:30 and 8:00 p.m. Central European Standard Time (respectively at 9:30 and 11 a.m. Pacific Standard Time, for instance) and at

7:30 and 9:00 p.m. Central European Summer Time (or at 11 a.m. Pacific Standard Time, respectively)

on Sundays at 8:00 p.m. Central European Standard Time and at 9 p.m. Summer Time (or 11:00 a.m. and noon Pacific Standard Time, respectively)

Jean Pierre Lagasse
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 05:47 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Norm, Donna...

The Sedona site contains info which is definitely NOT in agreement with statements made by the real Ptaah of the Plejarens... at least as far as I understand this.
As far as I know... Ptaah does NOT communicate with any other earth human besides Billy... telepathically, spiritually, channeled or otherwise.
These people are getting their info somewhere else...

I'm curious whether the pyramids they sell (I have not seen these) are constructed to the specifications given to Billy?
As far as I understand this... the dimensions & construction techniques are important in their overall effect. If constructed badly or "out of spec"... these could even be hazardous... in some way.

As far as I know... FIGU does provide correct specifications & construction techniques to members etc. if this is requested in writing. The last I heard, FIGU does not ship pyramids overseas... or out of their country?

Does anybody have any further (updated) info on any of this?

Regards,
JP

Norm
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 05:54 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JP, I know from reading the mag years ago that its full of channeling stuff and not valid. I also know that some guy that advertises in the mag sells copper pyramids.

Scott B.
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 06:01 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Donna and Norm

As I understand it with reference to Pacific Standard time the following times are being used:

Saturdays 9:30 A.M.- 9:50 A.M. and 11:00 A.M.-11:20 A.M.
Sundays 11:00 A.M.- 11:20 A.M.

During the summertime all times are moved up one hour.

As Norm indicated the Meditation occurs on the first and third weekends of each month.

From what I understand only a very specific meditation pyramid may be used. This pyramid is made exclusively by the FIGU in Switzerland and is not available anywhere else. The difference with the meditation pyramids and other copper pyramids is by the use on an antenna which extends from the apex of the pyramid. At the top of this antenna is fastened a spoked shape wheel which is also made from copper. All of these dimensions are calculated to certain values which enhance the effect of this pyramid. These pyramids can be purchased from the center in Swiss, but cannot be shipped in the mail.

I'm not sure as to whether the effects of doing the Peace Meditation without a pyramid would have the same effect or not.

There is more to this subject, but I think if you do a search on the website more information may be available.

Salome
Scott B.

Jean Pierre Lagasse
Posted on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 06:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Donna, Norm, Scott...

Using a (properly constructed) pyramid is supposed to bring a stronger connection while doing the Peace Meditation.
For myself, subjectively though... (for what this is worth) I feel a really "good connection" during the Peace Meditations without a pyramid.
I experienced this once I stopped "trying so hard"...!

Although I will try to purchase a FIGU pyramid when (!!) I eventually am able to visit the center... I am quite content in doing the Peace Meditation "as is" now... & always look foreward to it :) !!

In addition to this very special meditation's benefits/results, I think there is something to be learned & experienced personally... either way. *s*

As a personal experiment, try doing this meditation "outside" the indicated times as well as during these times... note any differences... but remember that the "imagination" can "play tricks" on you !!

Salome... & as they say, "enjoy" !!
Pierre

Donna-Marie Ambrose
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 04:32 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scott,Norm,J.P.(if I may),
Much appreciation for yor reply, especially for the times as now I can join in...may try to get instructions for the building of a coppper pyramid from the Center...although I can't imagine that it won't be of any help at all without one.(At least that is my hope.)
Aloha,Donna -Marie

Claes Elmberg
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 07:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Confirmation that the peace meditation works!
Hello Fellow meditators,
The night before the last Sunday peace meditation I was very tired and got to bed late. I didn't really want to get up early unless I knew that it can make a difference and possibly help my own spiritual growth as well as helping raise the consciousness of the planet. I would only get 4 hours of sleep before the meditation at 7 am, (I am in New Zealand). When I went to bed I told the spiritual part of my self, my subconscious or what ever It is, that if the Peace meditation really works and I can make a difference, then please wake me up in time for the meditation.
I woke up 5-10 minutes before the Peace meditation start time and the words "peace meditation" was in my mind just before I woke up so I knew that it was time.
It is very rare for me to have this kind of experiance, but it sure convinced me that every person can help to make this a better world.
The meditation went fine and felt better or stronger than usual and I continued meditating for another 40 minutes without difficulty.
I have struggled with meditation for years but just recently is seems to have become much less difficult.
"Peace be on Earth and Among all Beings!"

//Claes

Savio
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 07:23 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Claes

Glad to learn that you have good experience on peace meditaton :)

Can you tell whether you use a "copper pyramid" for the meditation?

Regards

Savio

Claes Elmberg
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 08:16 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"PEACE MEDITATION TIP"
I have recorded the correct pronounciation sound (that is available on the figu site) over and over again for 25 minutes on an audiocassette, and then I start it 1-2 minutes before the time. I found this very helpful so that I have learnt to pronounce it right and it also help me focus and stops other thoughts from coming into my mind during meditation.
Savio,
I have not been using any pyramid in the meditation but I'd like to buy one next time I come to Europe. I have only been aware of the Peace meditation and the Figu website for abuot 3 months so I do not yet know anybody else in New Zealand who is seriously interested in the Figu material.
If anybody else living in, or travelling through NZ is interested in joining a discussiongroup please E-mail me.
Best Regards,
//Claes

Savio
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 08:27 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Claes

Thanks for your response :)

It is a pity that FIGU will not ship out pyramids any longer. Me too, I do not own one :(

Wish you every success in your meditation.

Regards

Savio

Mark Campbell
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Savio and Claes ;

It's good to hear from both of you on this subject .

We maintain a vigil with this meditation . It's truly effective ,but extemely difficult to describe to those who haven't found it on their own , so we are on our own with it , here on Earth. It helps when someone joins the effort . The copper pyramid is , however , necessary for the impulses to connect and take effect .

I highly recommend going to the Center to get one , and the visit will be one that you will never forget .

Salome , Mark

Savio
Posted on Tuesday, July 30, 2002 - 11:44 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mark

Thanks for your response :)

Surely it should be a great experience to visit the centre.

I think it will be one of the items within the list of my future tasks :)

Regards

Savio

michaeld
Posted on Sunday, August 11, 2002 - 03:47 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hello to all,
Maybe we can put together a chart (diagram) of when and what time to perform the peace meditation, in all of are respective times zones...thank you michaeld

Shannon
Posted on Tuesday, September 10, 2002 - 02:17 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello everyone, I have decided to do the Peace Meditation on 9/11. The US has put our country on high alert. I hope that others anywhere may want to participate in this special effort for peace, because I read that US govt. has strong reason to believe there will be another attack.
Peace for all nations, all peoples.
Saalome, *pureharmony*

Claes Elmberg
Posted on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 06:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why is the Peacemeditation performed twice on the saturday with just 1.5h time between starting times?

Hello Everyone,
does anybody now the reason for the closeness in time of the two meditations on the saturday?

Then I also wonder if the Figu coregroup in Switzerland performes the meditation in exactly the same way as in the directions, or do they somehow direct the created energy in some way to have the best effect?

LOVE & LIGHT,
//Claes

Scott B.
Posted on Sunday, October 13, 2002 - 03:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Claes,

That is a good question regarding the timing of the Peace Meditation, and why are the 2 meditations performed 1.5 hours apart during the Saturday portion of the meditation weekend? If no one comes up with an answer on the forum, I will see if I can find out for you.

Which Meditation are you referring too?

There is the personal meditation, which one can do at anytime or place. There is the Peace Meditation, which is performed at specific times and involves the use of a Meditation pyramid.

If you are referring to the Peace Meditation, this involves a person or people seated around the Meditation Pyramid speaking the Peace Meditation for 20 minutes. The orientation of the pyramid is important in generating the strongest effect. As far as I'm aware of, the Core group performs the Peace Meditation the same way as anyone else in the world. Some people choose to wear certain stones which enhance the effect when one recites the meditation, but anyone can choose to do this. These stones are ones own personal stone, which are supported in the form of a necklace, and are placed in the center of the solar plexus, which is between the two breasts. There is more to this, because a certain type of stone is used and weight, plus the stones should be neutralized to cancel any positive or negative forces stored in them.

If you go to this link Peace Meditation and choose "Peace Meditation" in the left column, hopefully this may answer more of your questions.

Salome
Scott Baxter

Christian Frehner
Posted on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 10:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Claes,

I think that the two times on Saturday (and once on Sunday) on the first and third weekend were installed/organized for convenience reasons. To concentrate the 6 meditations on two weekends leaves us (Core Group members and all friends on Earth and in the Plejaran Federation) each month two or three weekends off for other things/tasks.

Regards,
Christian

Claes Elmberg
Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 01:41 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Scott and Christian and all,

Thankyou for that information.

I have performed the peacemeditation most of the scheduled times in the last few months but I don't have a pyramid yet.
If I understand it correctly the pyramid is not necessary for us to join the peace meditation but it enhances the positive vibrations created if we do have one.

Does the Peacemeditation pyramid help us individually to keep the mind clear of distracting thoughts?

LOVE & LIGHT,
//Claes

Christian Frehner
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 10:54 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Claes,

For its fullest effect the peace meditation should be done with the pyramid (because with it you are linked with all people who are doing the PM).
Of course you can do it without the pyramid.

No, the pyramid does not help you in any way. It simply is a kind of amplifier for your thoughts and feelings (the "good" and the "bad" ones).

Regards,
Christian

Claes Elmberg
Posted on Tuesday, October 22, 2002 - 07:19 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Concentration and Meditation
Hello Christian,

Thankyou for that information about the meditation pyramid.

For the past few weeks I have started to do the concentration on a candle flame and the word "sun" as mentioned in the book "Einführung in die Meditation". I have now concentrated for 12 min each time (twice a day) for about a week while trying to shut out any thoughts like the instructions say.
I notice that it is very difficult to shut out the thoughts that appear. Every few minutes I start to get carried away with my thoughts and daydreams, what to do tomorrow, how to solve a paticular problem etc. After a while I remember to concentrate on the flame and the word again.

I have noticed that even though I'm having other thoughts my eyes are still gazing at the flame and in my mind I'm still repeating the word "sun"

My question to you is: Is it recommended to stay at the 12 minutes(concentrating on the candleflame and the word) until I am able to shut out all thoughts during the whole of the 12 minutes (which may take months or years), before I go to the next step of 15 minutes?

Or should I go back to 5 min until the mind is clear of thoughts?

I have tried all kinds of different so called meditationexercises over the years (some of which were of the suggestive and euphoric false types of meditation)

The book "Einführung in die Meditation” says (according to my translation):
"…the human……wants (requests) a shorter path (way), while he hopes that this shorter path requires less selfconfrontation and selfrecognition (getting to know oneself).”
This has been very true for me as I have always been looking for an easier way (a shortcut) to meditate that would require less effort from me, but I have realized that effort is required for us to evolve - (No Pain – No Gain).

I have only read and translated parts of the book because it takes me quite a long time even though I studied german in school for 5 years (but then I never really practiced speaking it very much). I find it is an excellent book and I will eventually get through all of it.

I feel that concentration and meditation is the most important thing for us to be able to grow and learn.
Also contemplation, study, exercise, neutral positive thinking, healthy food and clean air, time in nature and so on, all these things in balance, I feel, are also very important.

Thankyou very much,
//Claes

Christian Frehner
Posted on Sunday, October 27, 2002 - 04:44 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Claes,

Just stay at the 12 minutes. If you notice that your thoughts are wandering during the meditation, just make a break (for a short time that is convenient to you, e.g. one or one half minute), and then continue with the exercise.
This break (perhaps it is more than just one) occurs during the 12-minute exercise.
You don't have to go back to 5 minutes.
"No pain no gain" is a very valuable realization. J

Regards,
Christian

Claes Elmberg
Posted on Tuesday, October 29, 2002 - 05:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Christian,

Thankyou for that advice
Usually when I loose my concentration and remember to focus on the candle again, that (daydreaming) has been like a minute break so I feel it is only if I get irritated with myself or my body is uncomfortable that I need a break to move a little.

I have also noticed that if I'm too full after a meal it is harder because the body is not as calm. the same if I'm tired or upset.

But it seems to be getting easier to focus even though my mind is still pretty active.

The Figu material is really inspiring me to improve in many areas in my life and feel very grateful to everybody involved.

thankyou all,
Claes

Claes Elmberg
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 05:31 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello All,

Does it make a differance if the Peacemeditation is performed with eyes closed, or open focusing on a candleflame.

Thankyou,
//Claes

Scott B.
Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2002 - 10:51 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Claes,

Whenever I have done the Peace Meditation I have closed my eyes. I feel it may help the concentration, but that's only my opinion.

I’m not aware of using a candle flame for the peace meditation. I believe the purpose of the candle flame is to practice concentration with the eyes open while looking at the rim of the lit candle.

From my experience it takes many years to develop concentration. It’s amazing when we pay attention to our thinking how little control we have over our own thoughts.

Salome
Scott Baxter

Claes Elmberg
Posted on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 04:38 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Scott and all,

I get the impression when I read the instructions for the Peacemeditation that the groups that have a pyramid, use the pyramid as a visual concentration point.
Is this not correctly understood?

I have been doing the peacemeditation with eyes closed and my thoughts usually “daydream” about the FIGU group in switzerland and the Plejarans sitting in circles doing the same meditation.
I don’t know if this daydreaming is helpful for the greater cause. Maybe if I am able to stop the daydreams through better concentration, I can be more efficient in my effort.
Any tips ?

I have now been doing the concentrationexercise on a candleflame every day for about 2 months and perhaps my concentrationability is improving a little bit. Sometimes it goes quite well for a few minutes and other times thoughts come in to my mind every minute. I find Billys book on Meditation is really helpful to encourage me to practice every day and to make me accept that it can be a slow progress to develop concentrationskills.
Thankyou Figu, plejarans and Billy for your exellent books.

Salome,
//Claes

Scott Whitney
Posted on Friday, November 15, 2002 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am certainly no expert, but I have done the Salome mediation in a group environment for several years now. I *think* everyone has their eyes closed. But then, I wouldn't really know because my eyes are closed!
: ^ )

My understanding is that the pyramid is to help transmit the energy and is not there for visual reasons. I believe I would find it distracting trying to look at the pyramid (or the ring on top), because on the opposite side of the circle would be another person in full view. I think that would feel weird. So I do it eyes closed.

Scott W.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page