Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through November 01, 2002

Discussionboard of FIGU » General Area » Non-FIGU Related » Archived Topics » The Human Body » Diet » Archive through November 01, 2002 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Michael
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh yeah, one more thing (a la Columbo),

Regarding, "Furthermore, fasting, in and of itself, does stimulate and cleanse the lymphatic system over and beyond normal boundries. Of course, most of you already know that over-stimulation of this delicate system can have bad results and lead to sickness." Do you believe that fasting alone not only stimulates but cleanses the lymphatic system as you state? It seems to me that the massage you mentioned, as well as appropriate gentle movement (and breathing) that I suggest, is necessary for the cleansing.

I don't know exactly which means of over-stimulation of the lymphatic system you have in mind regarding leading to sickness, I do think over-burdening of the system is due to a number of factors, i.e. poor diet, sedentary lifestyle, etc.

Jean Pierre Lagasse
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 12:03 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,

How thin is "thin"???

I'd suspect that to most north-americans, being "thin", isn't really?
From what I understand, muscle tissue is more easily "scavanged" than fat under "no-eating" conditions... in any type of person???

The tomato thing:
Cayce mentioned the importance of keeping an "alkaline" system (by eating acidic foods) for the prevention of disease etc.

I'd really like to try an Iso-Fast in the bush!
Or would this be somehow "counter-productive" to what "Andrew's Fast" is trying to accomplish?
I'd bring some FIGU material & a German/English dictionary, though.
No radio or whatever.

Also, fresh air (I think) would make a difference as well.

Steve M.
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,
Hope everyone has been well.
This URL is about a long gevity pill. Andrew after reading your info on a pre-determined lifespan (which a can easily believe), it seems pills & potions to extend the life really cannot be expected to do as much as they claim to. I'll post the info anyway.

Moderator: Offsite links are being removed unless they directly relate to FIGU-specific Web sites or material.

Kindest regards,
Steve

Anthony Alagna
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2001 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

I think Michael has got a point that thin people might have a harder time fasting. Or maybe overcoming hunger or maybe needing more food as energy? It has been my observation that thin people often times eat more than obese people.

I'm a person with a really slow metabolism of medium build, 5'9" 165lbs. And I tend to eat only two meals a day, not only as a never ending diet to maintain my looks, but often cause I have the energy to eat less, a lot less than my skinny friends. Sometimes I wonder why they have to eat so much; and they never seem to gain any weight.....?

Now I know nothing about fasting -- never really thought about it or studied it. Nor am I anyone to talk about nutrition and health....only been to GNC a couple of times and wouldn't know what to buy since I need my money for fast food, soda pop, cigarettes and beer. But fasting for health really sounds interesting..... I think I'm gonna hafta give it a try.

Regards,
Anthony

Parik
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 08:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a quick question,

in "And yet... They fly", under nutrition, it is mentioned that plant substances of equally nutritious value to animal substances have been relatively undiscovered or shunned. What are these plant substances? Thanks

Parik

Thomas C Turk
Posted on Thursday, June 20, 2002 - 03:03 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A heavier bone structure equals a lower thermogenic effect. (Specific dynamic effect in USA terminology). Simply this means that if a skinny, light bone structured person eats a gallon of ice cream, his/her metabolic rate will rise, (thermogenic effect), after the meal by 50% and burn off the excess. Next day they will still be skinny. A medium boned person's metabolic rate will speed up about 30% and a fatty, heavy boned person about 20%. I think this was a genetic 'fix' to either handle hot tropics, light bones, no fat; or to handle extreme cold, heavy bones, fat insulation; or.. maybe fat was for energy in famine areas ..who knows.
Anyway, Anthony, if you keep your carbs to 20 grams a day, you will be OK.
Re tomatos, they are high in malonic acid, which has 70 harmful effects on the body including pulling (chelating) heavy metals and dyes into tumors. I would rather fast on fresh apples which contain beneficial malic acid.

The undiscovered plant substance? Now that is a challenge for us. For sure it is not soy with its thyroid, liver and pancreatic cancer causing diadzen hormones;, its phytates that prevent zinc absorption; and high manganese content that destroys your brain and kidneys.
Tom Turk

mgilbo
Posted on Monday, August 05, 2002 - 07:53 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just read Andrews answer to fasting in the post from October 28th. Im trying to figure out how someone can fast for 9 day's without working, or making enough money to live on?? It's good stuff but for most people almost impossible if they work 5 day's a week 8 hours a day. Plus what if they have kids? Are there any alternative ways for fasting for a busy person?? Just a thought.

Claes Elmberg
Posted on Friday, August 09, 2002 - 06:11 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does Garlic make meditation more difficult?

Hello everybody,
In many eastern paths like Yoga, Tao etc they say that Garlic and Onions agitates the mind and makes meditation more difficult.
Is this only true if we believe in it or what?
What do you think ?

Thankyou,
//Claes

Hampton Hsien-Ting Chiu
Posted on Saturday, August 10, 2002 - 01:11 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mr. Turk:

Are you getting the info from Edgar Cayce readings? I remember reading something in his book about 3 days with apple only diet or 4 day with orange or 5 days with grapes will eliminate the poison from your body.

But remember, Mr. Cayce's information is mostly from Akasha records, that means from different spirit 'on the other side', so it may not be 100% accurate, and may be applied to some people but not all people.

BTW, Claes, I personally don't have any problem to meditate after eating garlic or onion.

Hampton Chiu

Edward
Posted on Thursday, August 15, 2002 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Claes...and Hampton...:)

As I have mentioned in one of my postings...I knew some people that were into that Levitating exercises from their movement.
And they had also told me that Gralic and Onions was forebidden for them to eat...also because it was Not good for their meditations. And when I told them I had No problems...they were very surprised. As years back I did meditate very much...as I should be doing now a days. Which I do not...:(
So, just like Hampton....I had No Side-affects....or what ever when eating garlic and onions. And I Love eating them!
So, I don't think there is a problem eating them.
Maybe some bodies 'React' different than others...I would think.

Take Care...Be Healthy.

Edward...:)

James the truthseeker
Posted on Sunday, August 18, 2002 - 01:20 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings,

It is my understanding that garlic and onions are medicinal herbs with a high toxicidy to kill bacteria infections in the body like marijuana. Though I've never used marijuana, I'd like to know what Billy has to say about it's use as many people in my part of the world use it quite openly here.

Peace in knowing,
James TT.

Hampton Hsien-Ting Chiu
Posted on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 11:45 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi JTT:

I personally think marijuana is better than cigarette, only that tobacco is brought back to Europe 500 years ago make it legal to use.

If plants grow naturally, I don't think they will be very addictive, but after people add chemical into it, like cigarette, then it become more additive.

If people extract from natural plants, then it would be different story.

Hampton

Lonnie Morton
Posted on Tuesday, August 20, 2002 - 12:12 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Chiuwang and JTT,

Personally, ethically and morally, I am of the certainty that Marijuana is just as bad as tobacco. Both contain toxins that can ruin ones physical health and soundness of mind.

When you look into nature, the lungs of the human being were not created to breathe in smoke. Cannibus and tobacco may have other uses, but not for smoking. People today misuse many things like this to their harm. There isn't enough oxygen on this planet as it is according to the Plejarans. Many studies, too numerable to mention support these facts. In this age of bioterrorism and pestilences we need to keep our immune system strong and our conciousness clear.

Regards,
Lonnie

Edward
Posted on Sunday, August 25, 2002 - 03:59 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Hampton and Lonnie..:)

Boy...am I Glad..I do Not Smoke...:)

Take Care...Be HEALTHY...:)

Edward...:)

Gina Coker
Posted on Sunday, September 01, 2002 - 01:13 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I read the older posts and am curious, if it is not healthy to use a towel to dry off with, what is my alternative? And I noticed the question of "What is thin" was never fully answered.
I would like to know what thin is as well.
Thank you.

Gina

Jean Pierre Lagasse
Posted on Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 08:53 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Public opinion of Cannabis (Marijuana) is a casualty of the truth, subject to massive mis-information. Political and financial influences tend to determine it's image. It is linked with the mob etc. as well. Big money.

There is a LOT of info & history to hemp & cannabis, including government (etc.) fact-finding commisions which have consistently found it to be mis-classified etc. Interesting how this info is NOT readily made public. Sort of like the "UFO thing", eh?

Although I do NOT advise it's use (there are side-effects), it's effects are thoroughly mis-represented overall by our "trusted public sources".

Perhaps this is a U.S. political/terrorist(?) thing???

There is a LOT of clinical researched info on cannabis... quite surprising etc. NOT as we would tend to believe from what we've heard from the "news".

The above is my own opinion only... from what I've read over the years.
Regards,
JP

Scott B.
Posted on Tuesday, September 03, 2002 - 10:22 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Gina,

I don't think the use of towels was discouraged, as much as how one uses them.

If I remember what was stated by the Plejarens, they recommended when one towels off from bathing, that it is preferable to hold the towel on the moist areas and let the towel absorb the moisture. This was the more natural way, versus rubbing the towel over the body. Apparently the rubbing action disturbs many of the natural oils in the skin which are used in conjunction with the immume system to protect the body from outside bacteria etc.

You mentioned something about "what is thin", did you read this from a post on this forum?

Salome
Scott B.

Lonnie Morton
Posted on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 03:42 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi JP,

Can you explain what your motive is in expressing these sentiments about public opinion of Cannibus (Marijuana) and whether goverment studies are truthful?

I hope you are alluding to the LOGICAL use of this controlled substance for medicinal derivitives and analoques, or to make rope, and not the MISUSE of this drug which can be seen with or without government studies to negatively effect physical and mental health and soundness of mind.

The same goverment that has issued warnings about smoking tobacco has conducted similar studies with cannibus with the cooperation of the Military. The results were conclusive. All users surveyed were effected and most suffered observable damage which was preliminary to more serious complications.

The Plejajans, I am sure, strongly disapprove of the MISUSE of this and other chemical laden natural substances.

Regards,
Lonnie

Jean Pierre Lagasse
Posted on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 10:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Lonnie,

I very much agree with your statements and observations on the misuse of this or any other substance. Further, from what I've read and understand, the Plejarens agree also.

There is a growing body of properly researched evidence that Cannabis is useful medicinally. The situation is such, that it is not available for political and legal reasons.
Some groups (& countries) seem to have absolutely no interest in recognizing any truth in all this... which is perhaps very suspicious in itself???

Any study which was ever done on Cannabis, which concluded that it should be re-classified, has been publicly "squashed". Most of what is publicly stated about all this is simply not true.

It is the similarity to how the "government agencies" handle the ET situation, which prompted me to post my comments above. I suspect that in some parts of the world, this type of info I'm posting here is being suppressed and is not known.

I am not interested, nor do I have the time to pursue any form of debate for or against cannabis, either on this forum or on any other.
However here is one last thought: Why was Hemp made illegal, when it is not useable as any type of "drug"??? If one wishes to research this topic, start with the world history and industrial uses of hemp, and what became of this.

Very interesting study on world politics and "public opinion control".

Regards,
JP

Jean Pierre Lagasse
Posted on Wednesday, October 30, 2002 - 07:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,

Just wondering if there is anything in the contact notes etc. about preserving food??

Knowing how to can & preserve foods is a good idea, even if only for the enjoyment of it.

Necessary equipment could include a pressure canner, boiling water canner, a bunch of jars, lids & assorted bits of hardware. I find the snap lids easier to use than the glass ones.

Many foods can be purchased while "in season" at a good price from farmer's markets or local veggie farms. Supermarkets often have special pricing for fresh foods during harvest times.
Other foods such as chicken can probably be canned all year around, or as necessary. The price of chicken doesn't vary much seasonally in my area. Meats and low acid foods require pressure canning to avoid spoilage & especially botulism.

Some foods, such as dried rice, cerials, oatmeal, flour etc. can be placed in sealer jars & kept many years. When opened, they are still "fresh". These are best placed in jars during winter (in my area) while the air (& produce also) is quite dry. Moisture is not good for preserving these foods for long periods of time.

This year, there was a shortage of snap lids for the "Gem jars" in my area. The factory stopped making these, which meant we needed to replace our jars with different types for which we could get lids. If one really needs to depend on canning, it might be a really good idea to always carry a surplus of snap lids.

Different types of canned foods last varying amounts of time, but most will last at least one year or two. I've heard of canned blueberries lasting several decades !!

Last but not least are recipes. Everybody's got their own favourites !!

One last point: We need food to survive. Having a surplus amount of food on hand is probably a really good idea (especially these days) and is sort of like having insurance... except, of course, that you can eat it too.
Also, with being able to preserve one's own foods, one can be more in control of where one's daily food comes from.

Regards,
JP

Shannon
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 10:53 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JP, also dehydrating your own food is a good idea for food storage, especially for Harvest time when food is abundant. I recieved that Ronco food dehydrator for a gift, and I must say it works excellent. When your food is on the verge of going bad you can dehydrate it if you think it wont be eaten in time.

Jean Pierre Lagasse
Posted on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 11:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Shannon,

Dehydrating sounds like a good idea which I did not think of as I've never had a dehydrator.

How long can dehydrated food last?
What types of foods can be dehydrated?
What might a person look for if buying a dehydrator?

I'm not after a detailed list or anything, but just a few general pointers or guidelines.

Thanx,
Pierre

Shannon
Posted on Friday, November 01, 2002 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JP- (here are some examples of food that is good dehydrated) apple slices, banana slices or other fruits (good for trail mix, i.e.), beef (into beef jerky), turkey jerky, dried vegetables (to add to soup or dishes), dried herbs for cooking or tea. If it is kept sealed I am sure it would last a very long time, I usually eat em up before too long so I am not really sure though. :) Mine is just a real basic dehydrator, no fancy functions or anything. It is very quiet though, so I like that.
Here is a cool price comparison website it is at:
http://www.dealtime.com/dt-app/SE/KW-food%20dehydrator/FD-0/NS-1/GS.html

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page