Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through November 11, 2007

Discussionboard of FIGU » General Area » FIGU Related » FIGU Membership » Archive through November 11, 2007 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Scott

Post Number: 639
Posted on Saturday, June 04, 2005 - 06:36 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Adonna,

There are no requirements whether you are working, laid off, student or independently wealthy :-) The 7% monthly salary requirment can be adjusted depending on your situation at the time.

Hope this helps

Regards
Scott

Adonna

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, June 05, 2005 - 09:16 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Scott,
Thank you for clearing that up for me. Looking foward to becoming a passive member....Aloha,
Adonna

Scott

Post Number: 641
Posted on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 04:12 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Adonna,

I just wanted to clarify my earlier statement. Yes there are requirements for obtaining a Passive Membership, but how you meet those requirments is totally up to you.

Regards
Scott

Adonna

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, June 07, 2005 - 09:44 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Scott,
Understood. Thanks again.
Adonna

Spaceman

Post Number: 36
Posted on Saturday, August 05, 2006 - 09:57 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Scott, Is there a Chat facility in this figu forum site. I think a great deal of information that is exchanged in days, could be done in minutes by a chat. We could fix a time (in GMT), so new members could learn basics of the Plejaren contacts and clear their queries there, rather than posting and waiting for an answer. Is there a facility like this or is it possible that it is availiable? Keep up the good work guys!!

Scott

Post Number: 845
Posted on Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 09:38 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Spaceman,

To the best of my knowledge this feature does not exist within the software. If I find out anything I will pass it on. Prior to 2003 posting on the FIGU forum did not require having posts reviewed before they appeared. Since then for security purposes all posts pass through a queue before posting.

Scott

Spaceman

Post Number: 39
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2006 - 04:57 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Scott, Have you found any information ragrding my earlier question regarding the chat facility?

Tjames

Post Number: 193
Posted on Thursday, August 10, 2006 - 10:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Scott, Jacob

I need to contact FIGU Switzerland about my address change, do you guys have any suggestions or should I simply write them?

Thanks
Tim

Hi Tim,

What address change are you talking about? If it is concerning a passive membership, yes write to Swiss. If it is involving the forum you can access your profile and make the changes.

Scott

Salome gam nan been urrda gan njjber hasala hesporona!

Syn

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 03:44 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

if you would like a chatroom i could possibly make one for figu...but ofcourse its up to your discretion

Incredible

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, June 08, 2007 - 04:07 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To the moderators:

If you have people there that speak spanish you can build a forum in spanish language.

You have forums in deutsch, english, italian.

I would like that you build a forum in spanish.

Scott

Post Number: 1216
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 08:21 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Incredible,

I would contact Christian Frehner who is a core group member. His e-mail address is listed in the help section.

Regards
Scott-Moderator

Indi

Post Number: 126
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 12:40 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In answer to your question in the learning German topic

Hi Rod
It is nice to see you so keen to start.

In order to study the Geisteslehre, one must first become a passive member of Figu.

I am sure that someone from Figu will answer your request and explain it.
However, you can read about it on the US Figu site at: http://us.figu.org/portal/AboutFIGU/Membership/PassiveMembership/tabid/86/Default.aspx

Here you will see the costs involved in passive membership.

The Geisteslehre form does not seem to be available on the net -- and I could not find it on the German website either. But I do remember that it is in German.

They will have to send one to you.

There is a Figu USA, who may be able to help you further -- so contact someone on the US site and ask for help if you need it.

All the best with your venture into the Geisteslehre. Patience with the pace of things to do with Figu is necessary. They do not accept credit cards.

in peace

Robjna

The_original_dave

Post Number: 128
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 10:39 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn. Are you sure we have to become members to receive the lessons. I have never heard of this.
I can't become a member since I don't have a monthly income.
Why must we become members to receive the lessons.

Scott

Post Number: 1353
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 09:19 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

T O Dave

Here is a link which describes the various forms of membership:

http://us.figu.org/portal/AboutFIGU/Membership/PassiveMembership/tabid/86/Default.aspx

Yes, you do have to be a passive member to receive the spirit lessons to the best of my knowledge.

Regards
Scott

J_rod7

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 05:01 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Robjna, you wrote:

>> In order to study the Geisteslehre, one must first become a passive member of Figu.<<

>> I am sure that someone from Figu will answer your request and explain it.
However, you can read about it on the US Figu site at: http://us.figu.org/portal/AboutFIGU/Membership/PassiveMembership/tabid/86/Default.aspx <<

I went online to the website at http://us.figu.org to fill out a Passive Member Application. Found the following:

>> ...please make use of our Passive Group Application Form. <<
>> ...put all required items along with THIS APPLICATION FORM... <<

Well, imagine MY surprise, there IS NO APPLICATION FORM anywhere here on this site. Continue / site:...

>> There exist three other membership categories:
>> 1. Spirit Lesson AND Passive Group membership (you must understand/speak German)
>> 2. Donation membership
>> 3. Core Group membership (only for people who live "near" the Semjase-Silver-Star-Center and who understand/speak German) <<

This (following) is what comes up on the us.figu.org website for contact information. It has been "under construction" for as long as I can remember. No way to contact anyone there. Anyone know why?...: Under heading "Contact us"...:

>> The Contact Us page is undergoing some modifications. Please direct any general questions to FIGU Switzerland until further notice. Questions specifically about our website or FIGU Society USA cannot be answered until this page is back online. We apologize for any inconvenience. <<

Seems to me the http://us.figu.org website is in a permanent state of breakdown and re-construction. There is not any way to fill out any forms, OR to get any information, or to get anything useful from this site... it's like "the lights are on, but nobody's home". There is more and better information (but no forms) at www.gaiaguys.net and at www.theyfly.com .

So... ... with these "roadblocks", all I can do is wait for a response from http://www.figu.org/ch/verein/kontakt to my inquiry for the Spiritual Lessons. Obviously, the First Lesson is PATIENCE. Anyone have any other suggestions?

SALOME

Rod
Let Our LOVE show in all actions,
J_rod7

Indi

Post Number: 128
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 09:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dave

I am pretty sure that in order to study the Geisteslehre, one must either be a passive member or a Doner/patron member.

Being a passive member gives you the right to vote and attend meetings, and involves a different financial commitment than being a patron member. Both forms of membership require photo ID

I am not sure if there is a minimum age requirement. Someone else here may know that and post it.

Robjna

Indi

Post Number: 129
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 10:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rod

When you get your forms sent to you from FIGU, you can fill out an application for both passive membership and the student part at the same time, and apply in one go.

If you want to see the passive form, it is on the US site at the following link

-there is a hyperlink to the form

http://us.figu.org/portal/AboutFIGU/Membership/PassiveMembership/tabid/86/Default.aspx

Robjna

J_rod7

Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 10:49 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Scott,

In response to your post, this:

>> Here is a link which describes the various forms of membership:

http://us.figu.org/portal/AboutFIGU/Membership/PassiveMembership/tabid/86/Default.aspx <<

I have tried every way to get this information. THIS link ( re: .../tabid/86/... ) does NOT work. Please see my post # 15 about all the problems I have encountered with us.figu.org. I really want an application for Spirit Lesson AND Passive Group membership, but have come into a dead-end.

I have also sent an eMail to the website at http://www.figu.org/ch/verein/kontakt, requesting information as to enrolling in the Spiritual Lessons, but so far have not yet received a response.

I now understand Passive Membership is prerequisite, that is no problem for me. But getting the actual application form IS a problem.

If you, or anyone knows who is the webmaster at us.figu.org, it would be a good thing to inform him (or her) about all the problems with the website to get them fixed. As said in my post #15, I have looked for information at that site, and found it to be under construction for at least the last 14-months. = Unacceptable.

Salome
J_rod7

Christian

Post Number: 162
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 08:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Robjna,

The minimum age for a membership is 14, but this requires the written agreement of the parents.

Christian

Post Number: 163
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 08:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi J-rod7,

You can send your address to me (christian.frehner@figu.org) and I will let the application form be sent to you.

The German application form is here: http://www.figu.org/ch/files/downloads/formulare/antragsformular.pdf?download

I will see to it that the English application form is published on us.figu.org US website as soon as possible.

The_original_dave

Post Number: 129
Posted on Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 05:37 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YES!!! I can get my membership!!!!!

One more thing though, since I am still underage what money will I be required to donate. Will I not have to pay until I am 17/18 or am I supposed to leave the donations up to my parents.

Christian

Post Number: 164
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 12:34 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You will have to pay the annual fee of CHF 30.00 and the subscription of the "Stimme der Wassermannzeit" (amount is for three years), and if you do not work at the SSSC for at least three days, you will have to pay 3 x CHF 70.00.
As long as you haven't finished your education/school and do not earn your money in a job you don't have to pay the additional 7% of one month's salary.
Your parents don't have to pay a donation, but probably your membership fees.

J_rod7

Post Number: 17
Posted on Sunday, November 11, 2007 - 06:15 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Original_Dave, and Adonna,

Greetings

You have written >> One more thing though, since I am still underage what money will I be required to donate. Will I not have to pay until I am 17/18 or am I supposed to leave the donations up to my parents. <<

If I may be permitted to make some suggestions for your benefit (NOT telling you what you should do). You may have heard the expression " a man shall earn his bread by the sweat of his brow ". What would make the entry into Passive Membership and the Spirit Lessons most meaningful for you, is to work for it, put your own energy into it. What you could do is to BORROW the money you need from your parents, then work at something (after school hours, perhaps), and repay the loan as soon as you can.

The idea here, is what you work for will have more meaning for you, rather than having it handed to you. Money represents energy, so you are then trading your energy - for the energy to exchange for the learning experience. Another post I saw to you implied that you should not neglect your "formal" education. This IS as important in your personal growth, as are the Spirit Lessons. The Lessons can become a lifelong path for spiritual evolution.

I have received an email response from a core-group member in Switzerland. She told me that learning to read and speak the High-German language is essential to understand all the nuances of the lessons. Learning the language is also a VERY good idea, if planning a trip to the SSSC. I will be ordering the RosettaStone program, with which the learning should make fast progress. This program is fully interactive, with feedback that, by voice recognition technology, and will enhance your proper pronunciation ability.

Hope you may find this useful, and is intended as guidance only, from one who has been there already. The "school-of-hard-knocks" has been good experience, as much as my college education. Experience IS the BEST teacher.

Salome
J_rod7

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page