Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through March 23, 2008

Discussionboard of FIGU » General Area » Non-FIGU Related » Archived Topics » Andrew's Book Club » Archive through March 23, 2008 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 07:01 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

--------------------------------------------
READ THIS BEFORE POSTING TO THIS SECTION!

Hello all,

Since the earliest days of this forum and its many changes, I have wanted to start a "Book" area. However, whether some of you accept it or not, this forum attracted some crazies in the beginning. Now, it appears, that things might have settled down (a bit). Therefore, in this new area, please consider the following:

1) - A Book Recommendation that is of neutral/positive value. Namely; no hogwash that has been exposed by the Plejarans and/or FIGU.

2) - A title that everyone could enjoy. This means that it would have some kind of spiritual principles that are tied to the true Truth or, simply, informative or of value to anyone studying the teachings.

3) - Content that is along the lines of truth, logic, knowledge and/or "spiritual" (consciousness-related) worth.

4) - DO NOT just post a link to a Website (Amazon.com, etc.) that contains the book. Rather, it is best to personalize your suggestion with real and true comments.

5) - Please know the complete title and author and give your short description some "substance," instead of saying, "Oh, this or that book is good, but I don't remember much but you just HAVE to read it!"

6) - And most importantly, a short paragraph (or two) describing the content. This section is for SERIOUS persons only. Remember, you must have read the actual book and realized it has a clear worth to posterity!

7) - Basically, what we are looking for are good, "pertinent" book titles that are appropriate for people interested in the spiritual values as laid out by the Mission.

For those who need a good investigative source, I have found that Barnes & Noble is satisfactory to look into when someone suggests a title.

( B & N) ¬ This link will open in a new window.

Further, it is important to note (especially known by FIGU members) that no book contains all truths. However, if a book has a good moral, or is educational in a science area, philosophical area and the like, or simply has something to do with the True truth, then it does have some value.

Remember to please be absolutely prudent when you post to this section. Any meaningless and/or mindless posts will be deleted by the moderators.

Enjoy,
Andrew C. Cossette

-----------------------------------------------

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 07:09 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK,

With all that said, I will recommend the first title. This particular book is of great value to anyone studying the teachings and makes a great "bathroom" book.

Title = A World Of Ideas
Author = Chris Rohmann
Publisher = Ballantine Books

It is a quote, "dictionary of important theories, concepts, beliefs, and thinkers." I must highly recommend this due to its nature. It has an extremely neutral viewpoint about every conceivable idea, thinker, religion, philosophy, etc. Each item is conveniently about a half-a-page long, so it reads easily. In my opinion, a 'must have' for anyone who wants simple, pure knowledge without all the nonsense. Put it in the bathroom. :)

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 07:18 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello all,

OK, here is a second book that, for me, has great value on the subject of death. Surprisingly, a widely popular book that has worth, does not come around very often. Many of you probably already know this title. But, for all intents and purposes, it does have an interesting lesson and teaching. Indeed, a movie was made about it as well.

Title = Tuesdays With Morrie
Author = Mitch Albom
Publisher = Doubleday

A pointed story of a man dying, and his daily understandings with what his experiences throughout life have taught him. His story was first featured on television news shows and then picked up by his long-lost student (Mitch Albom). The reason I recommend this? It is a true story and has real and true elements about all of our destinies; namely, death.

After reading it (I have read it many times already) one will find a new perception about life and the 'other side." Similar to a 'near death experience', the reader is touched by this man's honesty, love, truth, and wisdom. It reads very quick, and can be read in an afternoon by the one who is uninterrupted.

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 07:27 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello all,

For those who have read Billy's book, "The Psyche," this is an important addition to any book collection. One might remember in The Psyche, Billy mentioning "Reflexology." Specifically, he confirms the "Ingham Method" as being valid.

Title = The Original Works Of Eunice D. Ingham
Author = Eunice and then Ingham Publishing
Publisher = Ingham Publishing

It is mentioned in the Psyche that many diseases and such can be traced back to the soles of the feet. Hence, a good massage (sometimes painful) can be of great benefit to an individual and help to get rid of ones inner-turmoils within the body. For anyone who has read "The Psyche," this is a must-have. It describes 'body zones' as well as the usefulness in daily manipulation of the soles of our feet and what they represent.

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 07:38 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK,

Here is another great 'bathroom' book. Simple and yet filled with the common (and not so common) ancient morals. In my own opinion, a good addition to any household.

Title = Æsop's Fables / Illustrated "Junior" Library Edition
Author = Truthfully he is unknown
Publisher = Grosset & Dunlap

All of you know about our dear, unknown friend called Æsop. No one truly knows who he was, and much conflicting opinion has been published over the years as to if he ever really existed. A great mystery indeed. Either way, I chose the Grosset & Dunlap version after investigating for hours as to the so-called 'best' version and/or translation of his now-famous texts. I feel that this particular edition is more than satisfactory. Kids like this as well as adults and we are all familiar with these 'fables' since our childhood. Another good bathroom book that has been printed in numerous languages across the globe.

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 07:49 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And finally for today,

My last recommendation for today (to start this topic area off in correct manner) is a book of knowledge. As most people know who are interested in the Plejaran contacts of Billy Meier, religion has been a cause of great concern -- now and into the past. I have heard of many interested individuals wanting to learn, for themselves, what all the 'fuss' was about concerning 'religion' and its roots.

Title = World Religions / From Ancient History To The Present
Author = Edited by Geoffrey Parrinder
Publisher = Facts On File

Truly, in my opinion, it is better to be informed than not -- however, some people will disagree with that. Either way, this book informs the reader as to what is known (whether true or false) about ALL world religions and their dogmas, observances, and/or beliefs. For the truly searching, this book offers a condensed format that would be somewhat equal to taking a world religion class in college. Religion rules our planet, to be sure, so why not know what all the fuss is about? This book helps the seeker of truth to understand and communicate with all trains-of-thought, and gives a broader understanding to world events and belief sources as well.

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 07:53 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So that's it...

My contributions above show examples of the format to this section. Please stay true to the outline rules and contribute your recommendations. I'm sure we would all enjoy hearing about your 'good book' too. :)

Regards,
Andrew C. Cossette

Anthea Cossette
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 09:23 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

I have a contribution to add here.

Title = Women Can Win the Marriage Lottery
Author = Adriana Blake
Publisher = Orange County University Press

Here's an excerpt of comments on the back cover:

"This book provides an alternative to single loneliness, fatherless children, and increasing violence and juvenile crime ... This book in not intended to be controversial. It is intended to be revolutionary! The time to change is now!"

A great, and progressive read! :)

Regards & Salome,
Anthea

Mark Campbell
Posted on Thursday, October 11, 2001 - 11:13 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another innovative idea by Mr. Cossette , thanks Andrew .
One of my favorite bedtime books . I read at least 2 pages a night , among several others in cue . It is a collection of quoted wisdom from Aristotle to Vivekananda , 1360 in all .

Title = The Mystic Masters Speak!
Author = Vernon Howard
Publisher = New Life Foundation
Cleverly arranged in a Q:uestion /A:nswer format , with the answer being the quote . Some of the posthumous contributors : Goethe , Amiel , Emerson , Longfellow , Epictetus ,Aurelius , Plotinus ,Plato ,Nietzsche , Pascal ,Balzac,Tolstoy , Cervantes ,among many others.Certainly a great book to stimulate your thinking , and to ponder the observations within.
All the Best , Mark Campbell

Anthony Alagna
Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2001 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

What a great idea! Nothing like sharing a good book for the seat, Andrew. And for me, nothing is better than a little humor for those precious times; and for anyone interested in Man's quest to discover flying saucers and the science behind them, sparked up with short articles, newspaper clippings, formulas, and patents, this book is for you:

Title = "The Anti-Gravity Handbook"
compiled and contributed by D. Hatcher Childress.
Authors = Nikola Tesla, Albert Einstein, Arther C. Clark, and more.
Publisher = Adventures Unlimited Press

"Probably the Most Important Book on Science of this Century" -- Sir Isaac Newton
Within this astounding, revolutionary work, you will discover:

* How to build a Flying Saucer
* The puzzling nature of gravity
* Anti-Gravity and "Magic Motors"
* Mysterious technology used by the ancient Indians
* All this and much, much more

"Profusely illustrated with photos, drawings, cartoons and comix - this book may change your reality structure!"

Steve Hoskinson
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2001 - 01:02 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello All,
A very insightful book concerning nature's use of energy all around us. If you are at all interested in how things move in our environment, this will really grab your attention.

Title: Living Energies
Author: Callum Coates
Publisher: Gateway Books

The author has done a lot of research into the life of Viktor Schauberger (whose ideas are the subject of this book) and his insights into energy in nature. There are many topics covered, but V. Schauberger is probably best known for his work with water and how to harness the energies of moving water. This subject alone is reason for thought in today's world (he was able to construct a home electrical generator which could supply a home with electricity for free). There is much more in this work; farming, forestry, air (includes V.Schauberger's ideas on how the atmsophere works), light, electricity, shapes in nature and the purpose of the shapes, etc... A very thought provoking read.

Regards,
Steve

George Madeyski
Posted on Friday, May 17, 2002 - 11:31 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello everybody - while we wait and wait… for the translation of Spirit Lessons I have found what I believe(correct me if I'm wrong) is a good set of books that will give you some very much needed simple techniques/methods(these are 'how to do it and why' books) to guide you into spiritual advancement and give you understanding how it all works in nice and simple/straightforward way. I noticed big changes on how I perceived World/Creation around me in about 4 weeks after applying the information into daily practice of meditation.
I. 'Mindfulness in plain English' by Bhante Henepola Gunaratana.

II. 'Eight Mindful Steps to Happiness' by Bhante Henepola Gunaratana.
This is a follow up book for the first position. You can get them through www.amazon.com.

Regards,

George

pureharmony
Posted on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 08:44 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello everyone!
Here is an interesting book that I am reading, "Freemasonry and its Ancient Mystic Rites" by C.W. Leadbeater , Gramercy Books/Random House Value Publishing. Some of the content contains "The Egyptian Mysteries", "The Cretan Mysteries", "The Jewish Mysteries","The Greek Mysteries" and more. I bought the book to uncover some of these mysteries, and to see how they fit into the bigger picture. I am not a freemason, although I have wondered about why they are so secretive.
Also I just found a website listing other books which were written by C.W. Leadbeater, some very interesting subjects which I may purchase in the future, for instance
THE ASTRAL PLANE, INVISIBLE HELPERS, THE AURA AND WHAT IT MEANS TO YOU, THE INNER LIFE, THE MASTERS AND THE PATH, THE PERFUME OF EGYPT AND OTHER WIERD STORIES, THE DEVACHANIC PLANE, CLAIRVOYANCE, THE LIVES OF ALCYONE, AN OUTLINE OF THEOSOPHY and others. What is weird is that all of these books were written BEFORE 1934, when the author passed over.
They are listed at this web site:
http://www.healthresearchbooks.com/Authors/c_w_leadbeater.htm
Peace Out-
pureharmony

Shannon
Posted on Monday, October 21, 2002 - 02:09 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Lost Book of Enki -Memoirs and Prophecies of an Extraterrestrial god is a story of the Anunnaki's (= EloHim/Nephilim) impact on human civilization. They are the "giants" of ancient times, or "creator-overlords" as Ptaah put it. The story is a translation of tablets found made of lapis lazuli . The book makes great sense in the scheme of things, as the Plejarans story of history this entirely fits. Reading the glossary FIRST is a great idea, as I had to read the book twice. After finding the glossary, the entire book makes much more sense.
http://www.healingartspress.com/titles/loboen.html
(by Zecharia Sitchin)
ISBN 1-879181-83-5
Bear & Company

Amazon.com also has it for sale.
My opinion: A really GREAT BOOK! It is well worth the money , especially if you are looking for multiple "truths", helpful for backup evidence for convincing friends about the Plejarans existence. Emotionally profound, enlightening for me.
*pureharmony*

Dino_slice

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2004 - 08:50 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

Just came accross an outstanding book. I usually don't buy books, not much of a reader; but this one is well worth picking up.

Title: "The Alien Chronicles"
Author: Matthew Hurley
Publisher: Quester, 2003

This beautifully done hardbound book is a journey of color "UFO" art from prehistoric rock, to Sumerian and Egyptian works, to religious paintings of the Renaissance, and more. Using over 150 images, this book provides evidence of recorded space alien influence throughout earth human history. Very, very cool.

Best regards,
Anthony

Joseph_emmanuel

Post Number: 3
Posted on Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 02:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello everyone

I've recently purchased a CD Rom called The Internet Sacred Texts Archive. I thought I'd mention it here because it has more than 500 texts on it, both ancient and modern, which is very good value for just $49.00. You can purchase it at this site: http://www.sacred-texts.com/index.htm

I know a lot of it is probably false, but I don't doubt they have the potential to make you think. I got it mainly for research. It has a transliterated version of the Hebrew Bible as well as an English version, and also the Greek New Testament, and a transliterated version of the Quran - this is very useful for researching purposes. There are also the ancient Sumerian texts, of which it is now acknowledged by both scholars and theologians to be the basis of Genesis.

I recommend this highly.

Kiwilove

Post Number: 23
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 04:19 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, it seems that anything that I read has to be approved or confirmed by Billy Meier/Plejarens/FIGU/etc.

Here is a list of authors, etc...

Lobsang Rampa who has had books published since 1956 into the early 80s'. He's had a cynical view of the world, much like the Plejarens, and I wonder if much of what he wrote about is correct? Many many subjects including the Hollow Earth, Aliens, UFOs, etc. He wrote about ancient time capsules hidden in the earth, which will one day be revealed?

Jenny Randles wrote about the 'Janos' people. In 'Contact - Window on another world' in which a British family had 'missing time' while on a car journey, which later revealed they had contact with a UFO.

Delores Cannon - I thought she was a reliable source, covering much the same sort of material as Lobsang Rampa, but being a current writer/investigator. Seems like her information is now doubtful because in her book 'Jesus and the Essenes' she wrote of Jesus having spent time with the Essenes - but according to the Talmud Jmmanuel, Jmmanuel didn't want anything to do with the Essenes because of their erroneous teachings.

With Rampa/Cannon - even if there is one piece of information incorrect, it doesn't necessarily mean that all the other information from that source, is also incorrect as well? One can cite that of the bible. Though it does show that with Cannon, her information is not 100% reliable.
Sad to find that out, though.

Anyway - I do recomend the 1956 books by
M K Jessup - 'UFO and the Bible' and 'The Case for the UFO' as still being readable.
I would like to know if 'The Annotated Edition of 'The Case for the UFO'' is accurate? That the annotations were not a hoax? In such text the battle between the Lemurians and Mu are described as well as many other interesting information.

Does Billy Meier / the Plejarens confirm the authencity of the Philadelphia Experiment?
And also the Montauk Project?

Harvey

Cboudr1

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 06:49 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am new to the forum and I like the book recomendations. I have read almost all of english Mier case material and it changed my life. I would like to thank the people here for posting other interesting books. It would be graet if Billy had a list of books he considers worth reading.

Here is my contribution:
A new book, The Synchronized Universe, reveals that the tapestry of modern science is showing a few tatters...There are many things modern science cannot explain, and yet they occur anyway. This includes phenomena in the "hard sciences" as well as in the paranormal. These effects are now being proven in the laboratory, even though they defy present scientific theory. These unfolding mysteries point the way to a new, deeper science, a science which no longer denies spirit and consciousness, but acknowledges and embraces them.

It covers just about everything from mordern physics to paramormal. It tries to put a scientific theory to everything. It was a good read just for the stories and source materials

Here is the link:
http://www.synchronizeduniverse.com/

Rarena

Post Number: 229
Posted on Monday, June 04, 2007 - 03:35 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Andrew...

Have just read a wonderful book by Tim Flannery called the Weather Makers (how man is changing the climate and what it means for life on Earth).

Tim Flannery is obviously a meticulous person who has thoroughly studied this subject yet delivers it in easily read laymans terms.

For example, he mentions one gallon of gasoline took over one hundred thousand pounds of plant material in the carboniferous period to make. The sun being more intense all those millions of years ago makes this especially astounding. To put it in terms of light, it took over four hundred years of carboniferous sunlight to produce what the world uses in gasoline in ONE year...

Everything is concise and littered with oodles of references linked to the various and numerous scientific articles he bases his well thought out comments.

Global warming on the land and air is one thing but Tim compares the oceans of our planet to a tank being pushed over a hill by a volkwagon. The tank being the ocean and the volkswagon, the carbon (greenhouse gases)we have added using carbon feuls since the 1950's. We are at the apex of the hill now and once the volkswagon nudges this big tank over... it will have little effect later on in the cycle as the oceans heat up and the currents change direction.

Read this book all the way through yet would like to read it again. Very enjoyable and informative.

Cpl

Post Number: 268
Posted on Tuesday, June 05, 2007 - 08:44 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Jesus Died in Kashmir" by A. Faber-Kaiser, published by Gordon Cremonesi Ltd 1977, and the Abacus edition in 1978 was by Sphere Books in Great Britain. It is a fairly small-sized paperback of 181 pages with many photos of original documents making it at least one of the best sources of information on Jesus presence in Kashmir IMO.

This is a book any of you here would love to read. The book was originally sold in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Eire under the heading of History/Religion & Mythology. Those are the headings to look under in your local library.

There are two used copies on sale in English at www.amazon.com for $174.51 and $174.54, new copies available in Spanish for $11.89, and 21 used and new in Spanish from $7.61. Go for it if you read Spanish! This is a family heirloom.

Much of the material at www.tombofjesus.com is contained in this book and much much more. There are 8 maps and illustrations including a plan of Jesus's [sic] tomb in the Rozabal, Moses's [sic] tomb and surrounding area, and plan of the enclosure of Moses' tomb. There are in addition 31 other illustrations or photos including: the inscription on the Throne of Solomon announcing Jesus' presence there in Kashmir before 78 AD; the author with the custodian of Moses' grave; view of the Promised Land from Moses' grave; various documents attesting Jesus' presence in the region of or near Kashmir; a photo of a current descendent of Jesus, the poet Sahibzada Basharat Saleem, whose father was a celebrated healer; and Jesus simple stone tomb, as well as Moses' tomb.

Enjoy!
cpl

J_rod7

Post Number: 135
Posted on Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 05:29 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings to All In Peace,

This is to inform you of a newly published book=

"The Convoluted Universe, Book Three" by the author Dolores Cannon.

This book is available directly from the publisher at www.ozarkmt.com, and now also available from amazon.com. The books of Dolores Cannon have been translated into twenty languages, and are in high demand worldwide.

This latest in the "Convoluted Universe" series has revelations from hundreds of recent of her clients. Information includes that everything is alive and has consciousness, that spirits are coming into incarnation from numerous other worlds and even other universes to help us humans on Earth to raise our spiritual energy vibration frequencies. The points made include that our meditation practices are essential for our spiritual progress.

This is a large book, over 600-pages, but is a fast read. I recommend this book to everyone seeking to grow in knowledge. I find many ideas herein to resonate well with that which has been brought to us from the Plejarans.
Someone Shared Their LOVE Today. Was It YOU?
J_rod7

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 243
Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2008 - 04:32 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Readers should be aware that the book mentioned above, Convoluted Universe, Book Three and all books by Dolores Cannon contain New Age disinformation and teachings contrary to the spiritual teachings presented in the Meier material.

Here are just a few examples taken from, The Convoluted Universe, Book Two by Dolores Cannon, of which Book Three is a continuation:

Ascension:
The Earth would divide into two Earths with one raising in vibration to a new dimension as part of an "ascension" process. Those people who were ready would ascend with it and others would be left behind on the old planet Earth. "We will ascend to the other dimension by raising our consciousness, the vibration and frequency of our body." -p.653

The Afterlife:
"It is like a processing station where we go to judge ourselves and decide to come back to correct Karma." -p.656

Nature of Reality
"Everything we have in our lives and with which we interact is brought into physical reality because we want it there." -p.657

Philadelphia Experiment:
Aliens gave the US government the technology to time travel. -p.426

Pyramid shafts:
The purpose of the shafts in the pyramid were to allow the souls of the priests and pharaohs to return to the home planetary system through a stargate. p.451-452

ET Intervention
ETs intervened to safe planet Earth from falling out of planetary alignment and destruction by blasting it with light in the year 2006.

DNA Activation:
Our human DNA will be changed to a looped 14 strand that will allow us to live "forever". -p.465-467

Additionaly,
Dolores Cannon is on the FIGU list of frauds given by the Plejarens to Billy. -see page 5, Those Who Lie About Contacts.

Regards
Bob

J_rod7

Post Number: 136
Posted on Sunday, March 23, 2008 - 09:24 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bob = Phi_spiral

Does that mean that your mind is closed to "new" or "different" ideas? Shame on you!

Separate the wheat from the chaff, my friend. Eat the wheat - not the chaff.
Someone Shared Their LOVE Today. Was It YOU?
J_rod7

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page