Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through December 14, 2009

Discussionboard of FIGU » The Mission » Translations » Archive through December 14, 2009 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Johnnybalmain

Post Number: 81
Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 02:22 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I too appreciate Matthew's contributions.
Thankyou.
Peace John

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 156
Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 03:02 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sanjin,

I wot/am aware/know that the High-German language/dialect is regulated, but, distinguishing, the English language does not even have a proper/ownful standard dialect or public, certain system of definition. Billy even uses older spellings in his German texts, as well as very unwone/unusual but accurate forms such as the instrumental -to. I opine that we do as much the same as possible in English, because I wot/know that it can be done, and that English will then grow in much more fruitful directions if we lop off some of its lies and illogic. F.e., the word
'quaint' has somehow come to mean 'daintily unusual or homely', although its most common usage is in the word 'acquaint', where it has the same meaning that it properly has, namely the German 'kund' (known, familiar, couth). So this is provenly the correct value of the word 'quaint', and not anything like its common usage would indicate. So it must become used according to this wholistic logic, for the sake of English's intactness and self-consistency. One unavoidable consequence of employing better English is the re-emergence of some old senses of words that had fallen out of common talk, as for example the word 'greet', that, being in modern English the same word as '-gress', re-obtains its old contextual value of 'give greet against' in the word 'aggress'. Also, formerly narrower or more concrete words obtain in wholistic concling/cohearance also transported/metaphoric senses, as f.e. the word 'graze', 'to touch lightly', that now matches with the word 'grace' (Anmut), and assumes the value of 'graze on' or 'anmuten', 'to do grace to'. The word 'seize' is contexted with the word 'size', and has the same value as 'fassen'. The words 'prise'/'-prise', 'prison', 'price' (Preis), 'precious' (teuer), 'praise', etc, are all sensed to have the substantial-meaning of 'Haft', '-haft' (-ine), 'verborgen', etc. So 'umfassen' means 'seize about', while 'in sich bergen' means 'comprise in itself', and 'Haft' means 'imprisonment'/detention. The ending -prehend (-fore-hand) actually means 'greifen' in English, so an apprehension or comprehension is a Begriff, while a concept is just a product of the mind.

Many words that were formerly one word in Latin are now multiple and different words in English, seized in by essences which still retain themselves, albeit in multiple guises. The ending -fer can be seen as an alternate form of 'fare', with the same meaning. c.f. transfer, refer, prefer, confer, etc. 'Fortune'/happiness must also be seen as a form of this word (how things fare; to fare well = gelingen). The word 'bear'/'wear' can be seen in the forms with '-port', so to support is to underbear, to report is to bear in return, to comport is to bear together, importance is in-bear-ingness, etc, although the original Latin meaning was 'carry', what word in modern English must become used as a synonym for 'bring' in most instances. Back to 'greet': to progress is to greet forth (new things), to ingress is to greet in, to aggress is to give greet against, to congress is to greet together, etc. The ending -late, which formerly was just the past tense for '-fer', now means something different, namely 'lead', just as '-duce', '-duct' is another form of 'tow'. So to relate is to lead back (zurückführen), to reduce is to tow back (similar sense), an adduction is a relation or a better word for 'Beziehung', to translate is to lead over/through (to the other side/yonder), etc.

I carry the old English word 'to wit' back into talk because it wholistically fits with the uses of the Latin form 'sci', as in 'conscious' (altogether full (-ous, -ose, -ized) of one's wits, or awit, given wit), science (wittingness or wit-availability, making-available of wit). And the vicariation of sci- for wit follows suit to the pattern seeable in 'scribe':'write', for example. This has nothing to do with etymology, but much to do with how words converge in form and meaning by use (take a look at 'big', 'magnitude', 'macro-', 'magnify', etc). Some other old words that shall re-enter the language are 'hither', 'whither', 'thither', 'hence' and 'whence', although these are often also given expression through words which implicitly contain them, such as 'come' (to get hither/herkommen), or by periphrases/talkings-around-hither such as 'this way', etc

Because it is an Aryan language, English does grow into many of the same patterns as German and Latin. But all languages are essentially isomorphic/similar owing to the reality they evolve in, so one can well find a nominative, accusative, dative and genitive case at least implied in any living language. It is important to make these logical distinctions as clear as possible with what is in English available (nutzbar, at-will/wield-able; wield = to make do one's will/aim/sake). English even has the beginnings of a similar division-in-two of the nominative into 'topic' and 'presence' that Japanese has. The primary level of language-realism is the level of sense, of the symbols of the everlasting truth.

Rupert Sheldrake's principle of formative evolution does apply to language.

Undoubtably the English language must become employed and applied just/levelly as German, with full respect to the sense, the symbols, and the disguiseless self-understandability of what one tells.

Salome,

- Matthew

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 157
Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 03:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kingman,

I have it certain that you and others, with my help, can well develop a very strong and about-seizing vocabulary and wield of English. The language is just such a tangle and mess at the time that few are daring to undertake it without help.

Salome,

- Matthew

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 158
Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 04:14 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kingman,

My previous attempts were just the cruder beginnings of what I am still working on. I brought them into discussion in too unready a state for the purposefulness of this work to be seeable, and I still had not developed a good grip on what I needed to do, either, or what approach was best.

Salome,

- Matthew

Kingman

Post Number: 709
Posted on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 04:41 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do appreciate your new focus of your talents on Billy's work, progress is already resulting. Also your addressing me directly is another desirable aspect. I realize I do have a tendency to be confrontational, and sometimes unrelenting, yet maybe you can understand some of my actions in certain regards.

Neither of us have the same personal world to deal with, but we both have discovered the treasure of treasures and refuse to let it become stagnant. I could only guess that there must surely be additional individuals attending this forum who would be helpful in increasing the effective nature of your work. Truly, translations are the life-blood for us English-only readers.

You can call me Shawn as well, Kingman is my friends nickname for me as my last name has been to hard to pronounce being, Bineau. C'est la vie!
a friend in america
Shawn

Schantz

Post Number: 95
Posted on Friday, December 11, 2009 - 08:48 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the link below you can read a translated article from FIGU-Bulletin 69.

http://www.figu.org/ch/verein/periodika/bulletin/2009/nr-69/i-always-remain-relaxed

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 804
Posted on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Important new authorised translation: http://www.theyfly.com/About_Fluidal_Energy.htm

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 805
Posted on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 09:39 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

An authorised translation about the Plejarens' concept of a "lie", which sheds light on all sorts of controversies, can now be found at http://www.theyfly.com/Concealment_vs_Lies.htm

Savio

Post Number: 634
Posted on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 01:21 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dyson and Vivienne

Thanks for the contributions

How are you both these days?

Salome

Savio

Gaiaguysnet

Post Number: 806
Posted on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 02:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We're fine, Savio. Never better. Hope you are too!
(I'm trying my best to avoid being poisoned by the toxic waste tolerated on this polluted forum.)

Salome,
Dyson

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 164
Posted on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 05:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With the literary 'high' English dialect, it is advisable that one foster a standard pronunciation of this dialect. For this, most of the Received Pronunciation functions well, though I recommend that, it being a literary and not dialectical pronunciation, it better match the spellings than RP in a few cases, such as the word 'bury', which should either have an 'i' sound, or have its spelling changed; better the former. Words with a long 'ea', such as meat, lean, bean, stream, should not be pronounced with an 'i:', but an 'e:', like in the German 'Seele' or 'Weg'. Three kinds of schwas must become distinguished, so that shortened 'i' or 'y' always sounds the same, as in 'visible', 'limit', etc, 'e' becomes shortened to an 'i' sound, 'a' to a basic schwa, 'o' to a short 'u'-like schwa, and 'u' to either that sound or an 'i' sound, depending from whether it is implicitly umlauted to an 'i', as it commonly is in 'minute', although that might be spoken out with the normal short u, as in 'pull', that is similar to the other schwas.

I recommend the pronunciation of all 'r's as in American or Irish English, but one is free to pronounce these as in usual RP if one will.

It is a crime of neglect against humanity that no such dialect has yet been created, leaving most English-speaking humans upon this planet to the chance fate of their home dialect's effectiveness as a communication-means. Southerners in the USA, for example, are often reguarded as stupid or slow-thinking because of their often laid-back dialect that does not sound the same as the actor-dialect that becomes spoken by TV-presenters/presentresses and the like. The same with those who grow up speaking the Black dialects, which are even named 'vernacular' (!) by textbooks.

Some are crazy enough to think that all dialects are of equal validity and avail. This sort of thinking needs to come to an end, and all must accept that only an artificial literary dialect substantiated upon the written language and taught to all, such as High German, would be of great benefit to all but those who intend to keep the masses dumb and enslaved (or vernaculated).

Dialects are, in the rule, full of idioms, and they are increasingly diverse. It were completely ill-logical and non-understandable to deny away the need for better communication.

One should not be under oppression to abrefuse the flourishable peculiarity of one's own dialect, too, and should not force it into some actor-dialect because urban- or TV-culture considers it bumpkiny. To solve this, learn not an actor-dialect, but a literary dialect whereat you can use whatever words best express, recombine words how you pleaze, spell and pronounce words (like pleaze, which should not have an 's' when meaning 'gefallen', but, distinguish, if referring to a plead or please) according to logic rather than mere convention, describe the world much better, etc, etc, etc.

Since modern English is truly the product of southern England, most of the pronunciations in the most possibly all-in-common dialect would conform to southern English pronunciation around the early to mid 20th century (Received Pronunciation), and Oxford has standardized most of these already.

Also, I have cognized that many of today's dialects, urban dialects especially, encourage bad breathing- and voicing-habits that must release at least some constrictive and damaging effects on the human psyche. The slurriness and haste of these dialects does not make things any better, to say the least.

Salome,

- Matthew

Sanjin

Post Number: 83
Posted on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 06:25 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Gaiaguys!

You guys are awesome!
36.The human is another person, when, surrounded by the rays of the heavenly creational sunrise, the pure delight of awakening nature streams through him.

Savio

Post Number: 635
Posted on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 01:26 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Really glad to learn that both of you are fine

Perhaps some toxic substances might strengthen our immune system? Ha ha ...

All the best.

Savio

Leann

Post Number: 67
Posted on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 04:55 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peace On Earth....

Hello Dyson,
I see your light still shines brightly.

Salome,
Leann

Bronzedesk

Post Number: 47
Posted on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 06:23 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

~~~ True Discernment, is often if not always a bitch but truly well worth the wait !!!

Truth will bear itself out, it's just a matter of time <---which, is exactly what we seem to have so much of... right now !!! ~~~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discernment

p.s. Let's not make the same mistakes over and over again! Please... promise me on this one !
Change it make it better ... Remember, it's not always comfortable being the odd man out.
First you forget names, then you forget faces. Next you forget to pull your zipper up and finally, you forget to pull it down. George Burns

Scott

Post Number: 1890
Posted on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 07:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

Matthew, while your efforts in refining the English language are appreciated, this section was created with the intention of discussing and or making available translations of Billy's material. Please keep this in mind.

Thank you
Scott

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 165
Posted on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 09:12 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scott,

I know, but my efforts are aimed at helping learn German as well, since I am giving synonyms. I will try to include information directly related to translations from German in every post.

Salome,

- Matthew

Dyson,

Das Dreschen alten Strohs.

Also, calumny/defamation/abreputation (Verleumdung) is one of the 77 evilest evils of all evil.

So is 'sowing quarrel'.

You seem well-meaning, but very rigidly steadfast and stubborn with your opinions, and superficial.

Salome,

- Matthew

Scott

Post Number: 1891
Posted on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 09:56 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Matthew,

Ok how about this, post what you think will aid people in learning German in the "Learning German" topic area and translation related materials in this topic area.

Thanks
Scott

Kingman

Post Number: 712
Posted on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 11:07 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dyson,

The information unlocked from this new translation, which yourself and dear Vivienne released, is immensely valuable in many different areas of confused Earth-Human thinking. So many avenues of knowledge that were currently stalled, have now been given an incredible dose of clarity elixir!

I am always poking around technology/discovery-type information sources and scavenging bits and pieces in the hopes of being on the ground floor in super efficient energy knowledge. While I'm not saying, 'Eureka!', or, "Tesla, Edison, check this out!", I stand to gain a big leap in my energy thoughts due to this latest sharing.

I wouldn't sh*t you, you know your my favorite turd.
a friend in america
Shawn

Kingman

Post Number: 713
Posted on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 11:33 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Matthew,

Post 165(above), is great! But it seems you are doing exactly what this canon, '... sowing quarrel', one of the 77 evilest evils of all evil, is describing. Except maybe your position wouldn't be one from a friendly angle. Now if we are talking 'quarrel' from its Middle English source, I would therefore be in more correctness as such. Of course IMO.

I myself, prefer when I stay focused on things that are important to myself. I guess in essence we all do this exact thing.

I remember a great quote from Bugs Bunny, (impersonating Teddy Roosevelt, voiced by the late Mel Blancs, for Hanna-Barbara Studios/Looney Tunes), "Walk softly, but carry a big stick!". Great stuff there.
a friend in america
Shawn

Bronzedesk

Post Number: 48
Posted on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 12:02 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

~~~ Matthew,

Just say ok... and move on with it! There is no need to continue on always having the last word of justification. And besides, I have learned that you do not bite the hand that feeds you, especially your own family's.

Remember this site, is in fact most gracious and understanding, in even allowing you to have and continue to express and share not just to cause distress and snare in the name of interpretations !!! ~~~
First you forget names, then you forget faces. Next you forget to pull your zipper up and finally, you forget to pull it down. George Burns

Matthew_justin_deagle

Post Number: 166
Posted on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 12:27 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dyson,

I left out:

Streiterei (contensionism)

Salome,

- Matthew

Kingman,

I thought that I might as well respond to his commentary, given that he has continued with his prejudiced attitude towards me. I do not blame him, after what Freemasons did to him, but I myself am not his enemy nor even a Freemason. I do not see translations as a personal object of contension, and I do not aim to tell anything but the truth about his translations: that they are good, but that he himself should know that English could use some healing/mending/repairs.

I also do not claim to be wise. I am a fool. I do not think Dyson is particularly wise, either, but he is older and therefore more materially expert than me, and I have already learned some things from him. I owe lifelong gratitude to him for helping me cognize the importance of Billy's teaching before I owned any of his books.

I had my own intellectualistic and criticism-addictional degenerations, and still have to work through all of them. I suppose it is more difficult for an older human to correct their more solidified manner of thinking.

Salome,

- Matthew

Corey

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 01:39 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dyson and Vivienne: thanks for the fluidal forces translation and the proceeding article was also very informative. I am gonna have to read it two or three times to get it all.

Bronze desk: "Remember, it's not always comfortable being the odd man out." you can say that again lol-

peace,
Corey

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page