Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Older Messages

Discussionboard of FIGU » General Area » Non-FIGU Related » Archived Topics » The Human Body » Disease » Older Messages « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Inger Wikstrom
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2000 - 05:10 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,
What is causing the increasing rate of heart diseases among people today? Is it the simple combination of less exercise and the consuming of wrong kind of fat or other things? There are good kinds of fat and bad, maybe we have misunderstood or are falsely informed what's good and what's bad about what causes heart disease? They say we are living healthier but the diseases are increasing.
Where is the missing key?

Inger

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2000 - 09:45 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Inger,

The majority of heart disease today, according to the teachings, is caused by religion and (also)the thinking process in general.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Savio
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2000 - 11:41 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Andrew

Would you please tell us more details regarding religion and thinking process that caused heart disease?

What we only aware is that our food,lack of exercise, work pressure and worries will lead to heart diseases. That explains developed countries have more heart diseases. And religions existed long time ago.

Regards

Savio

Mark Campbell
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2000 - 10:46 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Inger ; Your question and Andrew's answer got me thinking .When you take into account how much of the thought process is involved with religious thinking ,that is , police-ing one's thoughts to fit into a society's permission , or appeasing a despotic leader's apparent jealosy and watchful all-seeing eye , then that is a lot of conscious energy that could be used to sense stresses to the system and to aware one's self of instinctual healthy courses in daily life. Connecting to one's own spirit , discovering inroads of Creationally designed health mechanisms that have always been within us...that's natural balance .Also I think that materialistic thinking can pull away a person's self awareness to the point where their breathing is affected. Nervous conditions associated with win/fail fear could be corrected by not caring about that type of thinking .There are thousands of examples of this effect. Also , what has been obvious to me is that the modern religion of our country here , is somewhat materialistic, if I read the times correctly. Actually , I call it religious non-thinking.

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2000 - 07:32 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Savio,

Yes, religion has been around a long time, so your observation is very good. I should have gone on to mention that many diseases, not to mention almost all heart related problems, can be traced back to religious thinking, materialistic thinking, negative thinking, positive thinking, emotional (Psyche) thinking/living and so on and so forth. Many other factors can be involved as well, e.g., wearing shoes, diet, 'modern day' living, the media, lack of exercise, environmental pollution, inherited through parents (genes), spinelessness, OVERPOPULATION(!), living in cities, etc.

In a nutshell, however, most diseases have their root in the thinking process, i.e., a negative thinking pattern. An inconsistent mind (not aligned to Natural and Creative principles) living out of balance and, therefore, in the negative (which is the most common these days) can lead to many shortcomings and defects, e.g.,

* - Tuberculosis
* - Stomach disorders
* - Intestinal disorders
* - Blood diseases
* - Aggression
* - Arthritis
* - Neuritis
* - Heart disorders of all kinds (Angina, etc.)

to name but a few.

Also mentioned by Billy are the sectarian shortcomings that create a vicious circle due to wrong thinking and bad thoughts:

1. an inability to live
2. vice
3. lack of self-control
4. impairment of the psyche
5. sectarian propaganda
6. propaganda by special interest groups
7. political propaganda
8. segregation from others
9. euphoria
10. unemployment
11. fearfulness (phobias)
12. disease
13. subsistence problems
14. contact problems
15. problems with one’s fellowman
16. communication problems
17. frustration
18. lack of feelings
19. schizophrenia
20. maniacal beliefs
21. deception
22. compulsion
23. terrorism
24. despotism
25. misleading education
26. failure to identify truth
27 self-irresponsibility
28 search for something superior
29 search for life’s meaning
30 search for truth
31 social grievances
32 hatred of any type
33 voracity
34 recklessness
35 vindictiveness
36 bloodthirstiness
37 homicidal mania
38 family problems
39 “cold” feelings
40 excessive emotions
41 heartache
42 lies
43 deception
44 megalomania
45 arrogance
46 conceit
47 adulation
48 government confusion
49 political confusion
50 war or revolution
51 any type of confusion
52 altercations
53 feuds
54 grief
55 affliction of harm
56 lack of knowledge
57 arbitrariness
58 general mismanagement
59 subjugation of any type
60 identity crises
61 inconsistency
62 weak-mindedness
63 lack of initiative
64 lack of conviction
65 thoughtlessness
66 breach of trust
67 adultery
68 breach of friendship
69 breach of promises
70 false promises
71 melancholy
72 depression
73 dejectedness
74 exaggerated ebullience
75 loneliness
76 a craving for the unusual
77 a craving for depravity
78 a need for acclaim
79 prejudices
80 a know-it-all attitude
81 false criticism
82 degeneration
83 injustice
84 false humanitarianism
85 feeblemindedness
86 torment of any type
87 torture
88 abuse
89 rape
90 exploitation
91 reasons of state
92 incompetence
93 indifference
94 allowing oneself to be persuaded
95 partisanship
96 lack of judgment
97 envy and resentment
98 miserliness
99 lack of restraint
100 intemperance
101 egotism
102. jealousy
103. behavioral problems
104. (to be a) slackerer or shirker
105. lust for war
106. hunger for power

Billy has mentioned some of the cures to these and other related issues in his book, "The Psyche," which is available through the FIGU.

No matter what a person does physically to try to avoid such ailments, usually it can all be traced back to the negative thinking process itself (starting at childhood). Moreover, almost all of the humans on Earth, that is to say all of the 7+ billion people (with the exception of a few 10 thousand), were not raised correctly. Therefore, negative thinking and adversary 'doubt' forces prevail throughout humanity in more ways than one.

Another important cure can and should be mentioned here. It is the working of the soles of the feet on a daily basis. Correct reflexology (as stated in Billy's book) can do wonders on a physical level. The Ingham Method is recommended highly.

Magnetic therapies (though not understood by science yet) can be beneficial as well.

In Billy's book, "The Psyche," it states rather plainly that you are what you think, and what you think is what you create -- what you create around you, inside of you, mentally, physically, emotionally, etc.

If a person lives in lies, deceit, greed, ego, materialism, power, megalomania, "outside-of-oneself-thinking" (e.g., religion, etc.), control, oppression, etc., then that person is cutting their own life short with suffering of all kinds, and seeing and learning nothing when they finally lay on their deathbed to judge themselves in horror.

I hope this has been of some help.

Kind regards,
Andrew

Michael Horn
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2000 - 08:57 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Andrew, this is a very useful response, far superior to the first curt one you gave to Inger. When will "The Psyche" be available in English? Is that another forthcoming project?

Regards,

Michael

lelafyffe
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2000 - 11:10 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Andrew
Does Diabetes also fall into the same group?

Lela

Norm
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2000 - 01:02 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Andrew, Thats weird, because some of the most Selfcentered Wealthiest Wickedly Greedy people on Earth seem to live the longest???

James Roy Mizar
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2000 - 02:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I trully have a greater perspective,
I agree with micheal a most useful responce indeed and I require time to think and ponder it. As for the Ingham Method I would like to know more.
Human feet are very interesting in that there is tough skin on it (it had taken me awhile to notice it) and that massaging them work wonders!

Salome
James

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Sunday, September 03, 2000 - 07:59 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Norm,

This is probably due to the fact that they have a lower stress level. Materialistic 'worries' are no longer an issue as they are for most of the population (let's not forget about far superior, focused health care as well). Money is a daily worry and emphasis for most of humanity. Moreover, the people with a month-to-month financial dilemma seem to be the most stressed in general -- taking a toll on their consciousness, relationships, concentration, etc. Next to adultery, 'money worries' are a leading cause of suicide and murder. I.e. their priorities are all screwed up. Some of the most spiritual people I have met have been homeless and broke -- their longevity cut short through deficiency disease.

Rich people, on the other hand, live with a sense of 'false security' based on materialism. Many have also heard it said that, "they are some of the loneliest people," living in their riches, where friendships are shallow and wives are devils.

Any comments?

Regards,
Andrew

Inger Wikstrom
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2000 - 06:00 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello everybody,
Thank you very much for your response! I had a feeling that our thinking process could affect our health to a certain degree, but this was more than I could imagine!

I know people who let their whole life circle around thinking about diseases and their worries about them. If someone they know gets a disease, a heart attack or cancer etc. they immediately start feeling, wondering and constantly thinking about if they too have this or another terrible disease. They always think that the worst of the worst could happen. If their friends are travelling far away they always think about them constantly worrying, thinking terrible things could happen. They are living through every day quarrelling as well. These people are almost constantly ill in some way. They suffer from headache, stomach and intestinal disorder, pains in chest, neck, back and arms to name a few. I've tried to tell them (mostly to no use at all) not to think and act this way all the time because I suspect it probably isn't healthy for them. Now, thanks to the Forum, I know that some of my feelings were right. But the answers were more than I could imagine!

As I see, most scientists and doctors aren't deriving heart disease from religious and false thinking now at all. They still stuff us with the information that our eatables are causing heart disease. When will they recognise that they are wrong and seriously take our thinking process in consideration? Many vegetarians are fooled into believing that meet consumption leads to heart disease, which, in turn, leads to verbal and corporal wars.

Andrew, you did mention "positive thinking" among the factors which belong to false thinking. Can you please explain for us why and what kind of positive thinking is bad?

Salome,
Inger

Jani Metso and Janette Poikajärvi
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2000 - 02:10 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

"29 search for life’s meaning
30 search for truth"

How can these be among the list of 106 you mentioned, Andrew?

Greetings,

Jani Metso

Jani Metso and Janette Poikajärvi
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2000 - 02:16 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I forgot:

Maybe you mean that searching for truth and searching for life's meaning with
an inconsistent mind (not aligned to Natural and Creative principles)causes problems for human being?

Jani

Andrew C. Cossette
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2000 - 06:53 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello dear Jani,

I hope you have been well. The list above is not my own but Billy's words.

The 'meaning of life' and 'searching for truth' are meant here to be two different things as well as arriving at two different answers/conclusions. I would think that the two items Billy mentions (#29, #30) are hindered or obstructed when one suffers from sectarian thinking. Meaning that religion, by its nature, stops a person from 'searching for the meaning of life', and 'searching for the Truth'. Maybe Billy could have enhanced this list a bit to be more specific, but the translation is correct, so he is telling us something that we must figure out for ourselves.

Regards,
Andrew

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page