Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through January 02, 2008

Discussionboard of FIGU » General Area » Non-FIGU Related » Archived Topics » Miscellaneous » Archive through January 02, 2008 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Peter_brodowski

Post Number: 364
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 01:46 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hello,
i know it has no gender.

the point i would like to make is this...
the universe is genderless, therefore there is no logical reason to refer to it as her or she.
can somebody give me a logical reason why one should refer to the universe in either a masculine or feminine way, when it is genderless?

Incredible

Post Number: 124
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 05:41 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We would refer to the universe as "it"
"we born to die and we die to born"

"Dont take the life seriously, after all you wont go out alive from her"

J_rod7

Post Number: 75
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 07:37 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter, As Matthew has already expressed in his post #31, why are you wasting your time and energy on this foolish gender quest?
Let Our LOVE show in all actions,
J_rod7

J_rod7

Post Number: 76
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 09:45 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Incredible,

I remember that in one of your posts, you were inquiring about photos of the Plejaren BeamShips, and otherwise, so-called UFO's. Here is a source where you may obtain some excellent material, go to:

www.theyfly.com , and there click on the link to "Products (new)".

I HIGHLY recommend for you the book: "Message From The Pleiades, Vol-I". Get Vol-II later, if you wish. Or get both at once to save shipping cost. Vol-I is the best.

Also, if you have a DVD player for your TV, to get the Double-DVD set titled: "Meier Case Update-2006".

And, for some extraordinary photos and documentation, DO get the book: "Through Space and Time". Costs a little more, but Quality is worth the price.

In Peace
J_rod7

Peter_brodowski

Post Number: 365
Posted on Tuesday, January 01, 2008 - 09:48 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hello j_rod7.
i am not wasting time,
i merely posed a question to a person, one who seems confident in their knowledge and wisdom.
the kind of question i asked is one that will open a door to many other questions...
valuable questions with great worth.
what matthew did is everything except answer my question.
Incredible seems to have answered my question,.. he said we would call the universe "it". it would only make sense to do so.
he did not refer to it as she or he because it makes no sense to do so. or am i wrong?
sure we all say "father time, mother nature, or "that car, she's gorgeous".
but is that logical?

you are being so easily led on by matthews "gender/sexist" rant. i didnt say anything about sexism etc.
matthew brought that in, along with a bunch of other info about german words and french etc.

it seems to me that some of you guys dont listen to what other people are really saying, rather you say what you want to say for whatever the reason, wether it be in goodwill, a way to deal with ones insecurities about his or her self worth, a general interest in helping another person gain understanding, could be any reason.

what i do know is that matthew and you (r_rod) missed the point entirely.

im trying to start a meaningful discussion.
go to bed tonight and try to think about as many logical reasons why a person should refer to the universe as he or she?

i am not making trouble here, or criticizing anyone for calling the universe she/her/mother etc. incase that is what is assumed by anyone.
i just want to see if someone can explain there stance on calling the universe a she or a he when it is neither.

thank you for your understanding.

Matthew_deagle

Post Number: 32
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 01:35 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Peter_brodowski,

Well, part of my point was, that how you view the Creation in terms of metaphors is pretty arbitrary. The word "Universe", by the way, is neuter.

So long as it is recognised that the Creation herself does not have a 'gender' or 'human-like' attributes', it is fine to metaphorically associate her with familiar concepts, for the sake of emotional connections, etc.

I just call her "her" because it sounds more "sentient" than "it", and "he" isn't grammatically correct for the word.

You may have your own reasons for referring to the Creation as "he" if you wish, although this wouldn't fit the grammatical gender of the word etymologically.

I wasn't criticising anyone or naming anyone, either--just taking the oppurtunity to mention something important which seems to have caused a lot of confusion for people who speak English, since this forum is read by many more people than the person whose comment I am responding to.

- Matthew

Vibka

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 08:01 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter,
I am afraid so say that you are not understanding Matthew's good explanation of why in German the Creation is referred to as "she". And you'd better get used to it, because in the translations we will continue to use it, as the grammatical gender of Creation is feminine, and German is the language of the future. As a "liberated" woman I also had to get used to the human being referred to as "him". In German you can not use "it" instead, because that would be grammatically incorrect, as "it" refers to the neuter gender.
I recommend that you increase your efforts to learn German, because the seeds you sow in this life respectively the evolutionary progress you make now could cause the right vibrations for your next rebirth to be favourable and so yuo can continue your path of evolution and instead of perhaps stagnating.
Salome, Wiebke

J_rod7

Post Number: 77
Posted on Wednesday, January 02, 2008 - 09:09 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello once again Peter,

>> "logical reasons why a person should refer to the universe as he or she?
>> "if someone can explain there stance on calling the universe a she or a he when it is neither." <<

A little of my own background here first, by way of introducing gender-specific "things". My patriarchal lineage is from France. My 14th-generation-Grand-Father came over to this wilderness country in 1632. My ancestors through the centuries helped change this place into a free country called America. I grew up in New Hampshire, near Canada, speaking both French and English. In my youth, my thinking was as often in French as in English.

In the French language, and other languages derived from the Latin (Spanish, etc), EVERY "THING" is referred to as gender-specific. "The cat", whether it is a male OR female cat, is LA CHAT = LA being the feminine. "The dog", whether it is a male OR female dog, is LE CHIEN = LE being the masculine.
EVERY noun ("thing") IS either masculine OR feminine.

Hope this helps you understand why the Universe is "SHE" or "HER".
J_rod7

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page