Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Archive through March 10, 2008

Discussionboard of FIGU » General Area » FIGU Related » Help Wanted » Archive through March 10, 2008 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Christian

Post Number: 133
Posted on Sunday, December 03, 2006 - 09:35 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Tim

Okay, the member section is open to you since two minutes.

Welcome

Christian

Melli

Post Number: 210
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 11:00 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scott, in Translations thread your post dated Nov. 7-06 you say that The OM, The Decalogue, The Meditation and The Psyche were translated by Roberta Books in the late 80's and also there is a copy of Arahat Athersata: I am very interested to buy them if these are still available,
I was able to purchase all the small booklets that are available on the Figu Society USA Order Form, 16 in total except the TJ. Thanks,

Hi Melli,

Please e-mail me about this.

Thanks
Scott

You can use my FIGU address.

David_chance

Post Number: 138
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 07:11 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am trying to get in touch with James Moore who administers the Meier Wiki: http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk
Any assistance providing an email address or otherwise connecting me to him would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
David Chance
chancede@slu.edu

Mike

Post Number: 53
Posted on Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 12:44 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi David

Have you tried..
james@electronsurfer.com

Hope that works for you. with kind reagrds
Mike

Thomas

Post Number: 408
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 10:14 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Moderators: I need some help with a FIGU issue and I am not sure where to place the request for info. I am trying the forum since sometimes it takes a good while to get a response directly from FIGU (understandably of course) and I hoped maybe Christian could help. I would like to buy some books from FIGU and I was wondering if I could wire an abitrary amount of money to the FIGU bank account in order to have the ability to order books later without wiring more money. I am not wealthy and wiring money is expensive for me so I would like to wire enough money to FIGU to cover the current books that I would like and to have FIGU hold the rest until my next book order. Another reason to do this is because I don't know the exact shipping costs in advance and I would like to receive the current order as quickly as possible. Can you Christian, or maybe Badr, tell me if this is allowed? I already have the wiring info for the FIGU bank account and a pricelist which I believe is up to date. Thanks in advance for the assistance. Thomas

Christian

Post Number: 167
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 06:03 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Thomas,

Did you try using our internet shop? There's an English version, and if you fill in your desired books etc. the costs are calculated automatically (including shipping costs).

Thomas

Post Number: 410
Posted on Friday, December 28, 2007 - 08:00 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the quick response Christian. I am aware of the bookstore english facility but I was uncertain of whether or not the prices for shipping were quoted since it is a different cost for shipping two books seperately than if they are bough together and I thought that sending a surplus (extra) money to apply toward my account would be easier for the person at FIGU who fills the orders. Plus it is less expensive for me to wire one amount to the FIGU bank account than it is to wire the same amount in two parts for example. If you think it is a bad idea then I won't send more than whatever is necessary for my current order. I was just trying to save some money :-)

Christian

Post Number: 168
Posted on Monday, December 31, 2007 - 05:29 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Thomas,

We don't want to have customer accounts to take care of and playing bank. We already have enough work at hand, and we prefer to let the customers decide whether or not they want to order books separately or in combination.

Thomas

Post Number: 412
Posted on Friday, January 11, 2008 - 01:03 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Christian. Just wanted to give you a "head's up" that I have placed my book order on the FIGU online shop a week or two ago and that the payment has been wired to the FIGU bank account shortly after. When I checked at my bank, the wire had succeeded and I checked the status of my order at the online store. It says that you (FIGU) are still waiting for payment. I realize that this might be just because noone has noticed its arrival at the bank so I wanted to give you a little note here in case noone had noticed at FIGU. Thanks for listening and have a great day... Thomas

Christian

Post Number: 169
Posted on Friday, January 11, 2008 - 12:34 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Thomas,

Since the person who is looking for the shop is not the same one (and is not living at the SSSC) who is dealing with the bank account, this needs some time. However, your order will be processed within the next days, I'm sure.
Christian

Thomas

Post Number: 413
Posted on Friday, January 11, 2008 - 02:15 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks again Christian. Sorry to bother you with so many questions lately :-)

Thomas

Post Number: 443
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2008 - 07:31 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To the moderators: I cannot seem to find an appropriate topic heading for this question so I will post it here so you can advise me of a better location.

Question: Does anyone here on the forum have access to Contact Report 260, February 3, in Contact Block 7? I am specifically trying to get any available info on Guido Moosbrugger's calculation of the "pi" number which was shown in that contact report. I am aware that he came to a conclusion of pi=3.144 605 512 but I would like to see his reasoning or calculations which lead him to this conclusion. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thomas

Baselineplayer

Post Number: 18
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thomas,

I have recently seen this among the last pages of Block 7: I try as much as I can to transfer it here as it is shown on page 484:

Berechnung der Kreiszahl pi

1. Umfang des Kreises/durchmesser = U/d = pi
Pi = 3.141592653589... nach herkömmlicher Angaben

2. mit g + h der Cheops-pyramide
a) Pi = 2g/h = 2x240.2616795/152.9553357 = 3.14159265
b) Pi = 2g/h = 2x240.4920959/152.9553357 = 3.144605512

3: mit fi (1.618033988749894848....)
pi = 4/"root of fi" = 4/1.272019649 = 3.144605512

Nb: Wird mit der herkömmlicher pi-zahl (3.14159265...) gerechnet, dann ist die Basis-grundlinie g mm
230,4 mm kürzer

(All these calculations are of course in German and comes from a picture of a handwritten paper on page 484)
Med Bästa Hälsningar / Mit Besten Grüssen / With Best Regards

/Baselineplayer

Thomas

Post Number: 444
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 04:15 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks VERY much Baselineplayer! That is a very big help for me. Even though I am no scientist nor math genius, I do search constantly for any info that helps me to understand the world better and I have the impression that this might be a significantly important bit of information. My sincere appreciation not only for your help, but also for your rapid response. :-) Thomas

Thomas

Post Number: 445
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 02:26 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Baseline, thanks again for the info. Here's something interesting about that exact subject. Go to google (in english) and plug in this number exactly for the search item "3.144605512" and see what pops up. Kinda interesting to me that someone else seems to either have figured this out, or maybe is on the right track to doing it. Just figured I'd send that along since you were kind enough to help me out. Hector that goes for you too buddy! Check your personal email about this when you get a chance. Thomas

Thomas

Post Number: 447
Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2008 - 04:40 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Baseline and all. I found the following quote on the web: "Archimedes approximated pi, by inscribing and circumscribing a circle with polygons of many sides. He showed that 3+10/71<pi<3+1/7 (in other words, 3.1408450704225 . . . < pi < 3.142857142857142857 . . . ). Now, pi is approximated by computers, using infinite series." I also found this verified on many sites and I researched it well enough to not see where there could be any errors in it. If you notice, there doesn't seem to be any possibility of Guido's equation of pi being equal to the square root of phi, which comes to approximately 3.14460... This figure of Guido's, if accurate, is significantly larger than the upper limit found by Archimedes for the value of pi. Can anyone shed any light on this from the contact note mentioned in the previous posts??? Thanks again everyone! Thomas :-)

Jamesm

Post Number: 25
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 03:30 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I need help to add content to http://www.futureofmankind.co.uk.

Currently its a one-man band and so the rate of new content is not as good as it could be.

People with Wendelle Steven's out of print books and other in-print books would be especially helpful if they added content from those books to the website (with permission from the authors if necessary). I do not have a copy of any of the required books as yet but am in the process of obtaining them.

Together we can help mankind. We now all have the opportunity to use the power of the Internet to make the truth available to all those who desire it, directly via the Internet. Do you have any time in your busy materialistic life for such a trivial matter? If so then email me. Details are on the website.

Kind Regards
James G. T. Moore
Webmaster www.futureofmankind.co.uk

Syn

Post Number: 36
Posted on Friday, March 07, 2008 - 06:25 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My application remains open

Skills are as follows:
MySQL
Ajax
PHP
Access
ASP
DHTML
CSS
and more...
They must find it difficult...Those who have taken authority as the truth, rather then the truth as the authority

-Gerald Massey

J_rod7

Post Number: 128
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 01:53 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello James,

(This is a copy of the email I sent you).

I am hoping this is your correct email address. If not, I'll post at FIGU.

In response to your request for material for the website at futureofmankind.co.uk. I have the original copies of {MESSAGE FROM THE PLEIADES, The Contact Notes of Eduard Billy Meier} Books 1 & 2.

It would be TOO MUCH for me to try to type pages and pages from these books as entries to your website. I do feel that this information MUST be shared.

Proposal: can we arrange if I can send these books to you from which you can make copies, then return the books back to me? Once you have copies, it would be easy to add the material to the site for the humans of earth to read.

These would HAVE to be sent insured - both ways, to assure arrival. They are still an excellent resource for my reference library, and I couldn't wish to part with them completely. A LOAN of these books to you for up to three months or so, should be adequate for your purpose. Yes?

Sincerely,

Rod Morrill
(J_rod7)

Salome
Someone Shared Their LOVE Today. Was It YOU?
J_rod7

Michael

Post Number: 621
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 07:39 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regarding the books you have mentioned, please note that they are copyrighted and published by Wendelle Stevens and their contents should not be posted without his permission.

Like Steelmark and FIGU, Wendelle has the right to sell his material if he choses. So if you wish to post the books you will first need his permission.
Michael Horn

Thomas

Post Number: 461
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 03:01 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a reminder to everyone to whom this may apply: copying books for your personal use will possibly be overlooked as acceptable by FIGU (but then again maybe not) while PUBLISHING ON A PUBLIC FORUM of their copywrited material or anyone else's will be not only illegal, but also harmful to the mission. I suggest to any and all that you share with your friends but please do not post copywrited works in public. It would do more harm than good.

Jamesm

Post Number: 27
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rod,

Thank you that is a very kind gesture. I will obtain permission from Wendelle first and report back here.

Thanks again and also to Michael and Thomas who also responded helpfully.

James
James G. T. Moore

Jamesm

Post Number: 29
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 03:52 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Syn I need help adding content not developing new page functionality at the moment.

Thanks for the offer though. It was thoughtful of you. Of course you are very welcome to add content via the Wiki interface.

Regards
James G. T. Moore

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page