Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List FIGU-Website FIGU-Website
Search Last 1 | 3 | 7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View FIGU-Shop FIGU-Shop

Skeptic's Corner

Discussionboard of FIGU » General Area » Non-FIGU Related » Archived Topics » Skeptic's Corner « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive for 2002 - 2003Dan Frederiksen139 02-02-03  02:44 pm
Archive for 2004 - 2005Markc86 04-10-04  07:47 pm
Archive for 2006Pudd164 03-07-06  09:04 am
Archive for 2007Andyr143 04-28-07  04:24 pm
Archive through January 11, 2008Archandel01-11-08  10:48 pm
Archive through January 24, 2008Mehraein6223 01-24-08  08:45 pm
Archive through January 29, 2008Archandel23 01-29-08  12:59 pm
Archive through February 06, 2008Mehraein6223 02-06-08  08:18 pm
Archive through April 04, 2008Alan23 04-04-08  05:54 pm
Archive through April 25, 2008J_rod723 04-25-08  09:08 pm
Archive through May 14, 2008Hector23 05-14-08  11:30 am
Archive through June 16, 2008Michael23 06-16-08  09:21 am
Archive through June 25, 2008Pauljanus23 06-25-08  12:12 pm
Archive through July 13, 2008Adysor23 07-13-08  01:46 pm
Archive through September 18, 2008Michael23 09-18-08  03:57 pm
Archive through November 28, 2008Thiagoc23 11-28-08  03:08 am
Archive through January 05, 2009Creational24 01-05-09  10:50 pm
Archive through January 13, 2009Earthling23 01-13-09  04:36 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page

Pathfinder

Post Number: 309
Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 05:05 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I may be wrong here but my recall of the AA choosing to volunteer itself for this mission was not one advised by any federation of higher spirits. I think that the AA undertook this mission of its own accord.

If this is the case then what you say about it knowing the outcome and the future of its mission seems a little off kilter to me, because as we are taught here, it all works out in the end as you say.

Why then would the AA choose to become involved if it know that it will work itself out in the end anyway? the only logic to apply to that is beacuse it wanted to hasten the process for some reason.

And if it wanted to make things happen a little sooner than the ordinary evolution would have taken, why then would it not make certain that it actually accomplished what it set out to do?

In reality these questions are nonsensical, because if the AA knows the future, it would have no need to be concerned about a future it knows is going to take place regardless.

So whether or not the AA was aware of the eventual failings of its prophets, and whether or not it knows the future outcome, there seems to be a dilemma with regard to why it would take up a mission that it already knew the results of in the first place.

Lets put ourselves in their shoes in the AA. They already know that creation is going to evolve to the point of Creational Spirit. They already know that everything is going to evolve as planned by creation. Why then would they choose one small fragment of this creation, this small pinpoint of the galaxy, and choose to hasten the evolutionary development? Why the unique action to an outcome they already know?

Something is amiss.

I am not rebuking the BEAM teachings, I am simply suggesting that if the Plejaren teachings are true, than we are not getting them accurate.

Hunter
"Therefore nothing may mislead him to un-truth and falseness, because his entire BEING is in the creational cognition of infinite truth."
Contact 18:62

Phi_spiral

Post Number: 401
Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 08:05 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Earthling: "...isn't polytheism technically correct? Weren't/aren't there many Gods?"

At the time of Jmmanuel's birth there were no longer any gods ruling over Earth. Plejos, the last leader of the Plejarens on Earth, had not presented himself to the earth people as a god and there was no longer the interaction that once occurred which formed the basis of Greek and Roman mythology that is known today. Practioners of polytheism at that time were praying and worshipping to deities who were no longer there.

Plejos wanted to return to the Pleiades region and live out his remaining days. So after they stayed long enough to help educate Jmmanuel, the Plejarens left for good and only recently returned a few hundred years ago.

Regards
Bob

J_jansen

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gib_niner wrote: "have blown up this a bit more to get the following..and that perhaps shows it a bit better..."

Perhaps the whole situation regarding the three sunlight scene pictures (174,175 and 164) is that there are missing branches (what in my opinion seems to be quite obvious). Maybe J. Deardorff's plausible deniability factor? Perhaps the plejarens simply removed some of the branches (just speculation).Also there are the three points where those Hasenbol photos come very close by showing that one or two limbs of the deciduous tree do pass in front of the craft.

Regarding photo #164: some pictures in the books etc. seem to show that black (darker) trace of pixels. The following picture was scanned from the book "...und sie fliegen doch!".In my opinion it also very faintly shows the branches.

164 blow  up (scanned  from und sie fligen doch)

For photo #174 see my previous post.
Then for #175 there are your findings.
Gib_niner: Can the original picture of #175 you used also be downloaded somewhere on the net?

Peter_brodowski

Post Number: 473
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 06:53 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey earthling, i got the impression you were somewhat angry, if thats not true, then i appologize.
"but I get you; an ultimate and enduring peace is not possible without violence, bloodshed and destroyed lives"
it can be applicable, and i am certain you dont get me, because what i mean is this:
take the example of the bugs being squished by the gardener as an example of how in life there will always be some price to pay, there's always positive and negative aspects to each event in life.in this case, the gardner gets his crop, the bugs get killed.
but ou do agree that it's not right to blame an innocent person for crimes and atrocities he did not commit?

Scott

Post Number: 1673
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 06:57 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,

Michael Horn asked me to post the following:

Dear Michael,

My best wishes for you in this new 2009, may the force continue with you my friend. I'm sending you this study I made with
a comparison between the infamous alleged analysis made by Ground Saucer Watch / William Spaulding of one of the most
beautiful photos by Billy Meier where they claimed there was a line holding the craft meaning it was a model. I was so
surprised by the cheap attempt they made that I decided to apply my magnifying glass to their alleged evidence and the
results are clear, they cheated and made a hoax themselves just to sustain their debunk wich they did sometime ago.

If you check the comparison I made their alleged line extendes itself along the craft to the bottom wich disqualifies their allegation
and prove their photo was either bended in order to show a nonexistent line or the photo was manipulated wich of course was done.
Besides the original photo showed by them was so bad quality, maybe they took it from the Internet and that's why the resolution
is so degraded. The alleged analysis was worse because of the extended line I mentioned plus other not valid elements.

It's not a surprise that Mr. William Spaulding and Ground Saucer Watch did not make their homework and cheated because they had no other
way to prove their allegations. I think my comparison study is clear enough that prove they comitted a hoax in order to debunk a photo.

My best regards,

Santiago

Creational

Post Number: 149
Posted on Thursday, January 15, 2009 - 10:37 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Earthling,

You wrote:

“Zhila: Regarding your point of Plejaren responsibility; they are guilty of meddling, hence their current and historical involvement to attempt to remedy the wrongs they have wrought.”

I would like to make one last comment regarding this if you don’t mind. (If you and I and the rest of the members met here in the forum, typically, there has to be a certain degree of evolvement shared that caused us to seek what Billy is offering as an alternative.)

It seems that you are still blaming the Plejarens of today for the wrong of their much less evolved ancestors.

This appears to be the attitude that Jewish society still caries due to the wrong of Hitler in holocaust by the motto;

"We shall not forget and forgive."

Logically, psychologically, and yes, as Billy has mentioned, this attitude and the reruns of the movies pertaining to this horrific crime, will not only numb the society, but also promotes a retaliate attitude that humanity should shy away from.

I may be totally misunderstood and this may not be what you really mean, but it would be something to ponder upon.

How long is the humanity willing to carry the hate of the wrongs of their less evolved ancestors? This includes the Moslem just as much as the Jews.

Peace upon us all,
Zhila,

Thank you Billy.

Pathfinder

Post Number: 310
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 03:09 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am posting these thoughts in this thread because everyone here seems to think I am being skeptical in my information gathering. If this should be in another thread Scott please let me know.

I have noticed a couple members using some quotes that suggest that they believe that if a person is seeking for information regarding a Creator, than that means they must believe in a particular Creator of some sort, and that is unwise to associate with them, also quotes that propose separation from anyone that causes strife in their professing of particular ideas.

I will cut and paste those quotes of necessary, but I think we all know what is being spoken of here.

I would ask how it is that we here do not become religious in our attitude toward others when we apply that thinking.

If someone cannot question what is taught with an inquiring mind, pose their own thoughts as they ponder the teachings, and civilly discuss any opposing thoughts with other proponents of said teachings, than this becomes a cult with fanatical views that they will not allow to be challenged.

" Oh that was such a wonderful way of putting him down so and so; wow, I was actually thinking that exact same thing while you must have been posting it, so that proves him wrong; Some people do this and SOMe people do that; Ouch, that one must have hurt; oh those were such wonderful quotes to put that guy to shame; what a whiner...etc.etc.etc."

The above are all types of devious sarcasm to inflict insult upon another human, while THOSE who do so claim to be compassionate and tolerant human beings who are supposed to believe that everyone should try to logically figure things for themselves and question everything they learn to.

Now, I may be skeptical, but what I would like to know if I am to continue taking part in this board is this:

I understand that this board is for discussion of the BEAM teachings, but I also know that BEAM teaches that a man is to dissect all teaching to sort out the truth from the deceit, in an effort to attain knowledge.

So, will you people tolerate my questions that arise as I study through these teachings, and my thoughts that I post regarding them, or would you rather use this forum as a praise and worship board?

If you practise what you preach than I should be able to gather much information here in these discussions as I already have. I would however like to be able to so without the ridicule, alienation and patronizing.

If you want this to be a board for BEAM teaching without question or dissection, than I will act accordingly when I make posts.

Hunter
"Therefore nothing may mislead him to un-truth and falseness, because his entire BEING is in the creational cognition of infinite truth."

Anm8tr

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 09:38 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am writng a suppplement to the previous post and it's turning into a novel. Hopefully we can super charge this forum with some healthy debate. I'm not a 100% skeptic per say, but there are things about this case that have never been answered at least to my satisfaction. I'm not a blind follower, at least not anymore. I have taken a sabbatical from this forum for quite awhile although I have been inclined to read posts from time to time to see how things are evolving with this case and how people are influenced by it. Quite entertaining I must confess.

BTW, any reason why this text window has never evolved into a larger one over the years? Are we also stuck with it for 7 great times?

Stay tuned, the novel is coming.

Anm8tr

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 10:55 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would like to expand on the previous post.
(Before you jump all over me, please read my background)

I am a very long time follower of this case. My connection goes back to the late 1970’s
as I had access to the first edition printing of the (Genesis)Contact photo books here in Phoenix when Lee Elders brought the first batch of photos to my friends fathers printing company. I own the entire collection of all original first edition publishing’s from Genesis as well as almost all books “Contact from the Pleiades” and all supplemental investigation material and other UFO investigations from Wendelle Stevens as well as many other semi private publishing’s from assorted authors. Most of the best investigations centered around sightings at White Sands missile base. I also know ex military who have seen craft with their own eyes around bases. Actual contacts I’m sure are very far and few in between, but do I believe Billy is the only contactee ever? Absolutely not! (Plejarans maybe) If you believe that, you haven’t done very good homework. Which is a reason for stating my opinion here. I am not a newbie to the forums, nor to UFOolgy but I have taken a sabbatical from all the hoopla here to absorb information and data from many sources. I know most of the staunch Meier followers have it written in stone that everything that comes out of FIGU and or Meier is the whole truth and there is none other. Well fortunately I am here to debate that or possibly become educated.

I am a male 49 years of age, I am college degreed in Electromechanical Automation, I have worked many years in semi conductor technology. I have owned my own special effects company throughout the 90’s, I have worked on Hollywood movie special effects. So I am very well versed in technology as well as special effects, 3d animation, video and compositing.

I have followed UFO stories since the mid 1960's when in fact I opened my first book on UFO's in 1965 at age 5. My mother was a teacher and avid reader, so all my Friday nights were spent at the public library where I became very well versed in UFO's, Bigfoot, MIB, Basic Science, Astronomy, Electronics, Coin collecting, Entomology etc. etc. I was definitely hooked on the sciences at a very early age, and at that young age after seeing my first photo of an alleged alien disk I had a reality check that something was not right with the weekend Sunday school lessons. I knew at that point we were certainly not alone and I could not understand why I was being taught otherwise in church. You see, being raised Lutheran in the 60’s, it was a fairly mellow religion, no hell fire and brimstone, no yelling or kissing rattle snakes. Also my parents were very well educated professionals very open minded. This obviously carried over to me and gave me confidence in educating myself further.

So why the life story? So I can get some intelligent debates going without being blasted as not doing my homework on this case which I see happening most of the time.
I am not claiming to be any kind of expert on this case, I also understand that Meier doesn’t exactly agree with the translations on the material I own, so I am only working within those boundaries of knowledge and what I have studied in these forums.

I too, was a staunch believer at one time and also defended the writings as many do in this forum. I spread the news of this information to hundreds and hundreds of people. I truly believed in it wholeheartedly and also defended it from the naysayers. All of this until the Asket photo fiasco. I attended Guido’s seminar in 1997 or 98 in Los Angeles, the information had just come out that the photo was a fake. I was pretty baffled and I asked other people at the seminar what just happened. I remember most just shrugged their shoulders and put in on the back burner. Well not me, because I wanted answers. I had just put my reputation on the line for this material all over the state of Arizona and all of a sudden the bomb drops and there are no answers, or was there?

The final answer was that the MIB snuck it in under their noses. Now I am not a self proclaimed expert on the MIB but I did read many books on them at the library, but they are as elusive in their existence being proven as much as a Unicorn, Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster. So what a convenient story wouldn’t you say? You have to understand from my point of view at that time, I was reassembling data gathered from the past 30 years. MIB’s, Bigfoot, Lochness Monster etc. etc. There were hundreds of books and magazines on those subjects in the 70’s but never ever a shred of proof even then. Well I had another reality check at that point, something was not right here. And that answer has still been defended to this day. It was simply the MIB and that was that. I never did see a logical or reasonable investigation as to their existence, blind faith I am assuming. I see many posts in here talking about evolution of the spirit, mind etc etc. and that one just knows what rings true at a certain point in time. I believe Carl Sagan quoted the following: “Exrtraordinary claims require Exrtraordinary proof” Can anyone one here logically deny this quote? Or do we take everything at face value? This seems to be an ongoing attitude in this forum. Meier’s photos, metal samples, sound recordings and spiritual writings and multiple witnesses are proof enough. Do I believe something extraordinary happened to him, I would say without a doubt. Do I believe that information has been garbled, possibly corrupted, not the complete truth, or missing information, I would say without a doubt. Why you ask? Meier is just a man, the people involved are just people, people in general are prone to mistakes, mistakes are what teaches us right from wrong, or how to do something better the next time. It is an integral part of being a human being and shapes our individual personalities.

How may I ask can imperfect human beings be expected to preserve and relay perfect information? As well as the Plejaran’s. It is blatantly obvious they are far from perfect as well. Ok so the creation is the ultimate measure of perfection, but yet it has to learn and evolve like the rest of us.

I am willing and ready to be enlightened, let the floodgates of knowledge open. What am I missing here? Please don't give me the "Spiritual
writings are what's important" lecture and we are all beyond the innuendos etc. I will address the spiritual writings as well a few other disturbing to me, issues.

Thx for listening.

End of part 1

Karrol

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 12:32 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone, I am a new member from the USA. I found this information by watching an interview with Michael Horn at http://www.consciousmedianetwork.com I discovered George Green and David Icke previously and could accept their stories as truth. I really want the truth. I have been exploring "new age" information for a couple of years now-I never bought into the reality of angels and spirit guides. During my research I started to seriously entertain the possibility of such because so many books have been written about personal experiences with them. Billy's info from the Plejaren really rocked my world. I am very curious about the phenomenon of "channeling" which is a claimed skill by many people. I have listened to and read many channeled pieces. I find that most of them don't really say anything. I listened to Lee Carroll "channel" Kryon. I have met him several times showed him Guido's book. He recognized the saucer picture immediately and talked to me about a swiss farmer that took the photos. I strongly suspect that his information is recycled from the Meier information. In particular I have listened to Abraham-Hicks for about two years. I have a hard time believing that Ester Hicks is having delusions when offering this information. Does any one have a comment about this? Has Billy ever commented about this person in particular? Is it not possible that she is truly receiving information that the Plejaren's are not aware of? I would really like to get to the bottom of this! Thanks for any feedback.

Karrol

Pathfinder

Post Number: 313
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 12:43 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe this quote may well describe where I am at in my search for truth:

"Dogma? Faith? These are the right and left pillars of every soul crushing Theology. Theosophists have no dogmas, exact no blind faith. Theosophists are ever ready to abandon every idea that is proved erroneous upon strictly logical deductions. Realizing, as they do, the boundlessness of the absolute truth, Theosophists repudiate all claim to infallibility. The most cherished preconceptions, the most 'pious hope,' the strongest 'master passion,' they sweep aside like dust from their path, when their error is pointed out." - from "A Society Without Dogma", by H. P. Blavatsky, 1877

...ever ready to abandon the erroneous.. no boundaries...

this is exactly what I have been feeling all along and trying to reiterate to you all.

So I am curious if any of you are familiar with this theosophy and if Billy has ever spoken about it.

Hunter

Earthling

Post Number: 170
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zhila & Peter: I responded to both of you but the moderators saw fit to send my response off to the appropriate storage facility at Akashic Records Central. Don't know why but such is life here on the forum.

I will use this opportunity to let that thread, die.

Good day to you both & thanks for engaging in that discussion.

Michael

Post Number: 727
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 05:25 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that there are a number of basic questions that those who are skeptical but still wanting to post here should consider. Here are just two of them:

If the Meier case is indeed real, what would that mean to you?

How would it affect your life, your thinking, etc.?
Michael Horn

Pathfinder

Post Number: 314
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 03:21 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Animator,

The book club is in another thread, please stick to the subject of idiotically challenging more evolved minds over their teaching.

Wink Wink, just telling you what they are going to tell you anyway.

Hunter

Michael

Post Number: 728
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 08:52 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anm8tr,

Re the so-called Asket photo fiasco, perhaps you are unaware of this, from the 39th Contact Wednesday, 3 December, 1975:

222/It has already been a great exception that you are allowed to get photographs of Asket and Nera, because besides this, we have found female Earth beings who look strikingly similar to
them, and who, interestingly, are also cooperating together.

Meier- Dear, that is a pity. But the women, the dopplegangers of Asket and Nera, where are they?

Ptaah- 223/In the land of America.

Meier- Can you perhaps give me their address, and tell more details about them?

Ptaah- 224/1 don 't want to for certain reasons.

Meier- You always are so secretive .

Ptaah- 225/In certain matters this has to be so.

Since the above was published well before the controversy over the photos arose, it seems quite likely to me that Ptaah already knew that Meier would indeed be the target of disinformation and character attacking attempts connected to manipulations of those photos. Of course, one could believe that Meier is simply a master story teller who built in this problem for himself as a stroke of (negative) genius and self-sabotage, etc.

My recommendation to you here is for some serious thinking through the matter before being so quick to side with the debunkers. After all, you state that you own this book (Volume 2) but it appears that you didn't notice this information, or take it into account before your essentially attacking Meier's credibility.

Certainly, any parties that would try to actually try unsuccessfully - many times - to assassinate a man surely wouldn't hesitate to try to assassinate his character and credibility.

Despite your request to not point out to you that the spiritual writings are what's important, I will do just that, especially since it appears that your shift in position in regards to the case's authenticity already contains evidence that you could benefit from improving your own critical thinking skills before gifting us with your critique of the spiritual information.
Michael Horn

Schantz

Post Number: 13
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 10:56 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Karrol,

Lee Carol, Kyron, Ester Hicks, George Green, and David Icke? (comment deleted)

I suggest you keep reading the Meier material and you will soon be able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Scott

Post Number: 1678
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 09:52 am:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anm8tr,

People seem to forget this is the FIGU Forum, which means these are discussions about currently existing information regarding the case. This whole section regarding being skeptical in my opinion is outdated and should be closed down. While I cannot speak for everyone, I would say a greater percentage of people who are currently discussing this case, have on some level accepted the information and teachings as being true. Yes, you can use the argument, that no one should accept anything without researching themselves, but who is to say this hasn't already been done by those that are involved, and they have concluded that there is value and meaning to what has been presented. Its interesting some people will accept some things as true, but question other things, even though they may come from the same source. I don't know why this is, but it seems to be true. In addition, why don't you disclose who you are, because you seemed to indicate you have been involved with this forum before?

Scott

Badr

Post Number: 444
Posted on Saturday, January 17, 2009 - 11:42 pm:   Edit Post Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Forum Members,

It has been agreed amongst the moderators to close this topic. If you have any question about any part of the FIGU information then post it accordingly. i.e. if you have a question about a contact note post it in the contact notes section, if you have an enquiry about something the Plejarens said then post it in the Plejaren section... and so on

Salome,
Moderators

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page